If the greasemonkey scripts are working for you, then there's no reason to read further.
If you've got this far I'm going to assume there's something wrong with your monkey.
Monkey Diagnostic Panel:
1. I have used the greasemonkey scripts before and they worked at one time for me. Yes, go to 2. No, go to 9.
2. My greasemonkey is red and smiling. Yes, go to 4. No, go to 3.
3. My greasemonkey is disabled. Left-click on the monkey, it will turn red and smile when it is enabled. Go to 4.
4. Right-click the monkey, you will see a list of installed scripts. Are all the ones you want to use checked (for example, CC Phase End Confirm, Dice Analyzer, Conquer Club)? Yes, go to 6. No, go to 5.
5. Left-click on Manage User Scripts... If any of the scripts in the leftmost panel are grayed-out and you want to use them, highlight the script name and click the Enable box at the bottom. After none of the scripts are still grayed-out click the OK button. Go to 6.
6. Left-click on Manage User Scripts... Highlight each of the scripts in turn and make sure the Included Pages box has a listing of the form: http://*conquerclub.com*
. If the scripts all have an associated Included Page of the form given, then go to 8, otherwise go to 7.
7. Click on the Add... button and add to the Included Pages box the following entry: http://*conquerclub.com*
Do this for each script missing that Included Page entry. Go back to 6.
8. Everything looks OK. Try to see if the script is working now (for example, to test Conquer Club script open a game window and look to see that the player names in the roster are each followed by a single number in parentheses indicating the number of cards held by that player). Is it OK now? Yes, your monkey is all better now, you're done. No, go to 9.
9. We're going to install (or re-install) greasemonkey. Go to this site:
and click on the "Download Greasemonkey 0.6.8.20070314.0" or similar link.
If nothing happens, you may see at the top of the browser window "Firefox has prevented this site (http://www.greasespot.net
) from asking you to install software on your computer." If you see such a message, click on Edit Options... and Allow http://www.greasespot.net
and then close the window.
After the Software Installation window appears, click on Install Now.
After the Add-Ons Window appears, click on Restart Firefox.
If Firefox does not restart by itself you may have to restart it manually.
Go to 10.
10. Everything looks OK. Try to see if the script is working now (for example, to test Conquer Club script open a game window and look to see that the player names in the roster are each followed by a single number in parentheses indicating the number of cards held by that player). Is it OK now? Yes, your monkey is all better now, you're done. No, go to 11.
11. Even though you have now installed greasemonkey, you may still be missing the user script that you want to be installed. Go to the Utilities and Plugins for Conquer Club thread topic at the top of the General Discussion forum and follow the directions to install the script that is of interest to you.
If the script has already been installed in the past, it may be necessary to uninstall it first before attempting to re-install it. Right-click on the greasemonkey icon, left-click on the Manage User Scripts, highlight the script you wish to uninstall, click on also uninstall associated preferences, then click Uninstall.
Some scripts may require that you restart the Firefox browser. If a newly installed script is not working but you can verify that it is installed (by right clicking the red smiling greasemonkey icon and seeing the script has a check-mark by it's name), then you should try restarting the Firefox browser.
Remember, paraphrasing Jerry McGuire, you must help the monkey to help you. Take care of your monkey and he will give you many years of good service, abuse your monkey and you'll be counting the cards yourself.
A healthy monkey is a happy monkey, and a happy monkey is red and smiling.