Conquer Club

Templeton_Peck and Bosco_Baracas [cleared]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Templeton_Peck and Bosco_Baracas [cleared]

Postby bob3603 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:15 am

<----begin copy---->

These are suspected Multis
Suspect users: Templeton_Peck and Bosco_Baracas possibly with Barrissmo76

Game number:
just look at almost any of Templeton_Peck's and Bosco_Baracas's games

Comments: looks kind of shady with Templeton_Peck and Bosco_Baracas joining on the same day and then playing and winning almost all of their doubles freestyle games (maybe an experienced player making 2 new accounts?). Could be wrong, but looks shady enough to check out.

bob3603

<----end copy---->
Colonel bob3603

Postby misterman10 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:23 am

I think they are just two friends playing together. They are always on the same team in dubs/trips games so they are not point-farming
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby willis on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:10 pm

I think they are friends. If you look at the freestyle dubs, they usually take turn together, instead of right after eachother
Sergeant 1st Class willis

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 pm

I had a feeling someone would post this today. It is very difficult to go 45-0 when you first become a member. after 4,400 games I only managed to put a wining streak of 41 together. I hope he is legit because I want a shot to take my record back, but if hes not, the record will stand at 41.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Arbustos on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm

I apologize for the undue attention if you're legit, Templeton :)
Sergeant 1st Class Arbustos

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:26 pm

willis wrote:I think they are friends. If you look at the freestyle dubs, they usually take turn together, instead of right after eachother

its possible to have 2 computers on side by side making moves. the mods will check the IP address since it was reported.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby alster on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:59 pm

JOHNNYROCKET24 wrote:
willis wrote:I think they are friends. If you look at the freestyle dubs, they usually take turn together, instead of right after eachother

its possible to have 2 computers on side by side making moves. the mods will check the IP address since it was reported.

LOL! Yes. I guess that's a possibility.

Although it would probably be somewhat more convenient running two browser windows on one computer....
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Barrissmo76 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:45 pm

I knew we would eventually hit the multi hunter board if Templeton kept winning.

We are all friends that kind of live together and work together. We used to live in Pennsylvania where we ran one of those college student painting businesses. We spent most nights playing the board game risk so we are pretty familiar with team strategies to use and while we are newbies to CC we have been playing risk for over 20 years.

Since college I have moved to Phoenix and I am a real estate agent that buys and sells fix and flips. Templeton and Bosco moved here about 6 months ago to work for me. They split time living in the house we are fixing up and my own house that I live in. It depends on whether the water is running or if the house is full of paint fumes from spraying all day. I have wi-fi access on my laptop so we are almost always together in the same place when it comes time to make our moves. I also have a desk top at my house so I normally leave my laptop with them if they stay at the fix up house.

I play in all different types of games and I have another set of friends that I play some doubles games with. Templeton and Bosco were more concerned with trying to stay undefeated as long as possible so I suggested freestyle doubles to them. We kind of had our own little side bet going on how long Templeton could go without losing. They knew they could keep the streak going because you have such an advantage if you can play at the same time in a freestyle game. After a month or two of that they have become somewhat bored because it isn't challenging. That's why all three of us have moved into sequential doubles and triples games over the last week against some of the higher ranked players. It is more fun to lose a challenging game that it is to win a game against newbies that don't know what hit them.

We had no idea that there was a record for longest win streak. We were just doing it for our own fun. They focused on playing against opponents with low ranks or newbies to keep the streak alive and all three of us agree that you shouldn't earn a record doing that. I'm sure that the guy with 41 straight wins had them all against quality opponents so please disreguard Templeton's streak. All of us respect how seriously you take the records and scores. We have no problems if you want to reset Templeton and Bosco back to 1000 and erase all of their wins. I don't mind being reset either but I have a bunch of doubles games with other players and I don't want them to lose points. We didn't intend on messing up records and we just want to make sure we can keep playing. If it helps we will stick with ALL sequential games and avoid freestyle altogether since we will always have the advantage of being in the same room when it comes time to take our turn. Again, points don't concern us, we just want to play. No matter what you decided make sure that Johnny Rockets is listed as the longest win streak.
Lieutenant Barrissmo76

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:47 pm

hi Barrissmo76, nice to meet you.

just want to clearify, if these 3 accounts are legit, than he will hold the record until it is broken.

im sure you understand that your friend is 45-0 and that is an awsome start and that alone would be targeted for a multi check. what really doesnt help is that you guys are non members here and we have dealt with alot of non members being multis. if your saying all 3 players use the same IP address that adds to the question. I hope it works out for you.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby AAFitz on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:07 pm

this is how every multi check should go.... nice and controlled...no mud slinging...just a simple check to see if its 2 or 3 people or one posing as 2 or 3
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Barrissmo76 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm a member. Some of my other buddies do real time games every once and a while and I always wanted the open spot available when they were ready to go so I sign up for unlimited my first day in. That and it drove me crazy when nothing happened in the first 4 games I started. I made it about an hour before I paid the $20.

As far as the record for win streak goes, all three of us think Templeton shouldn't have it. There are little glitches in the freestyle game that allow you to win even if you have horrible luck. When you combine the fact that they can always make moves together with our almost unlimited access to internet (we work for ourselves so we can stop when ever we want. for a month their lives revolved around the times rounds ended), it isn't a level playing field even against the experienced people who know what they are doing. If an opponent had a family or an important job they wouldn't be able to compete against all of the strategies you can use in freestyle. While they enjoyed winning none of us want any credit for records using that strategy.

Basically, if you get in trouble during a freestyle game you can use the end of round time to your advantage. They always joined games and never started ones of their own so they so they always had control by going first. When opponent C and D make their move the clock resets to 24 hours to start the next round and now Templeton and Bosco have control. If C and D have a continent that you can't bust up in one turn you wait until there is 5 minutes left in the round and then both of you make your turn. During their turn Bosco and Templeton would try to get a continent of their own. It normally only had one guy on all the borders but they would end their turn with one minute left in the round and when that minute was up, they would get to go again.(that is the glitch - the opponent only has 1 minute or he misses his turn) Now they get tons of guys because they each have a continent and they now have enough guys to bust up the opponent. When the opponent goes, he does get double guys for missing a round but it is double guys after his continent is busted up. There is a risk to this strategy because the opponent could be watching the clock and they could log on when you do and then you lose control and they get their continent bonus. However, if you are a family man or work a job with no internet access you can't always be there at that time to stop them, so the win has little to do with skill at Risk opposed to skill at finding glitches in games. I showed them the glitch so I would be as embarressed as them if they got credit for winning that way. We would much rather start from scratch and build up points in sequential games which have an even playing field even if one side is in the same room. We'll see what happens. Either way you deserve the record.
Lieutenant Barrissmo76

Postby AAFitz on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Barrissmo76 wrote:I'm a member. Some of my other buddies do real time games every once and a while and I always wanted the open spot available when they were ready to go so I sign up for unlimited my first day in. That and it drove me crazy when nothing happened in the first 4 games I started. I made it about an hour before I paid the $20.

As far as the record for win streak goes, all three of us think Templeton shouldn't have it. There are little glitches in the freestyle game that allow you to win even if you have horrible luck. When you combine the fact that they can always make moves together with our almost unlimited access to internet (we work for ourselves so we can stop when ever we want. for a month their lives revolved around the times rounds ended), it isn't a level playing field even against the experienced people who know what they are doing. If an opponent had a family or an important job they wouldn't be able to compete against all of the strategies you can use in freestyle. While they enjoyed winning none of us want any credit for records using that strategy.

Basically, if you get in trouble during a freestyle game you can use the end of round time to your advantage. They always joined games and never started ones of their own so they so they always had control by going first. When opponent C and D make their move the clock resets to 24 hours to start the next round and now Templeton and Bosco have control. If C and D have a continent that you can't bust up in one turn you wait until there is 5 minutes left in the round and then both of you make your turn. During their turn Bosco and Templeton would try to get a continent of their own. It normally only had one guy on all the borders but they would end their turn with one minute left in the round and when that minute was up, they would get to go again.(that is the glitch - the opponent only has 1 minute or he misses his turn) Now they get tons of guys because they each have a continent and they now have enough guys to bust up the opponent. When the opponent goes, he does get double guys for missing a round but it is double guys after his continent is busted up. There is a risk to this strategy because the opponent could be watching the clock and they could log on when you do and then you lose control and they get their continent bonus. However, if you are a family man or work a job with no internet access you can't always be there at that time to stop them, so the win has little to do with skill at Risk opposed to skill at finding glitches in games. I showed them the glitch so I would be as embarressed as them if they got credit for winning that way. We would much rather start from scratch and build up points in sequential games which have an even playing field even if one side is in the same room. We'll see what happens. Either way you deserve the record.

well, you arent the only one who uses it...its legal...most know that almost any decent player can play those games and get a good record...and lots of points...many just simply choose not to

i dont happen to like playing it that way, so I dont, but that doesnt lessen it as a valid tactic... as long as you guys are more than one guy, which I for one have no doubt, you get the record...JR will break it again anyways soon enough...

and as far as resetting the points, it really isnt necessary...there are many at the top of the scoreboard that have played those games...maybe not to that degree of synergy, but...there really isnt anything technically wrong with it...

Postby Templeton_Peck on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:55 pm

I think Barrissmo summed it up pretty well.
I hope we don't get kicked out because we made sure we didn't go into any standard games where it is every man for themselves. We always played teams so the opponents knew we were working together. After I went undefeated in singles play I wanted to see how long I could go without a lose and then we got addicted to the freestyle doubles. I know it is legal to do what we did, but I went out of my way to make sure we never entered a game that was just created. Being in the west coast it was easy to start our turn undisturbed by the enemy by entering games created a few hours before so alot of times the game was over before they even took their turn(meaning we already killed half their guys in round 1 before they went). We also avoided anyone with a high rank for fear that they used the same strategy. We didn't get lots of points be we were focused on wins. BA(that's bosco, templeton peck is the face man on the A-team and Bosco Baracas is BA) and I knew we would never play enough games to ever hit the top scores and we figured that was all that mattered. You diehards are animals when it comes to this game. (we are fantasy football addicts more so than this but it's kind of the same). I would be pissed if someone was using a loophole in the game and tainting the all time stats because a few of us in the league take them very seriously. I didn't know you had stats for consecutive wins and stuff and I would be pissed if some loser like me used a loophole to break an important record. Plus it seems like Johnnyrockets will play anyone at anytime on any board so his record is much more impressive and it's the one that deserves recognition. With his high rank he will always have people gunning for him and I don't think he has a shot to break 41 again. Not that he isn't skilled enough, there is just too much luck involved. Put me back to 1000 and let me see if we are any good at sequential against the real players. Anyone with alot of freetime could have done what I did and that shouldn't be the mark of one of your sites record holders. You guys do to good a job running this site to let that happen.
Lieutenant Templeton_Peck

Postby Arbustos on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 pm

Like they've said, resetting your score most likely isn't necessary, unless you really want it to be (don't know the policy on that). I just don't want to be responsible for something like that because I rooted you out :)
Sergeant 1st Class Arbustos

Postby Bosco_Baracas on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:54 pm

I'D PREFER TO GO TO ZERO. THOSE ARE TAINTED POINTS AND WINS. OUR BUDDIES WHO JOINED A FEW MONTHS BEFORE US DON'T GIVE US CREDIT FOR ANY OF THOSE BECAUSE THEY THINK IT IS DUMB THE WAY WE GOT THEM, SO WE CAN'T EVER COMPARE OUR RANK TO THEIRS ON AN EQUAL LEVEL AND WE CARE MORE ABOUT TRASHTALKING THEM, THEN THE STRANGERS ON THE WEBPAGE. PLUS WE ARE HAVING MUCH MORE FUN PLAYING THE GOOD PLAYERS IN NONFREESTYLE GAMES AND WE GO TO BED AT NIGHT WITH MUCH HIGHER SELFWORTH WHEN WE WIN THOSE GAMES. SOMEDAY WE'D LIKE TO MAKE IT TO THE BIG BOY HIGH SCORE SCREEN BUT WE DON'T WANT TO BE THE BARRY BONDS' OF CONQUER CLUB WITH AN * NEXT TO OUR FIRST 50 GAMES. I KNOW BARRISMO HAS ALOT OF WELL DESERVED WINS WITH PARTNERS IN DIFFERENT STATES WHERE HE WRITES PARAGRAPHS ON THE MESSGAGE BOARD INBETWEEN TURNS AND HE HAS SOME WINS IN SINGLES GAMES SO MAYBE JUST TAKE HALF OF HIS POINTS. IF IT'S POSSIBLE COULD HE ALSO CHANGE HIS USER NAME SO HE FITS BETTER IN OUR TRIPLES GAMES WITH OUR A-TEAM THEME.

P.S. DON'T SWEAT IT ARBUSTOS. I THOUGHT WE'D POP UP ON THE RADAR WHEN TEMP HIT 20 WINS AND NO LOSSES. IT'S EVERYONE'S JOB TO WATCH THIS STUFF.
Sergeant 1st Class Bosco_Baracas

Postby AAFitz on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 am

ill say one thing, the three of you write some damn long paragraphs dont you?

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:44 am

bump
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:44 pm

AAFitz wrote:ill say one thing, the three of you write some damn long paragraphs dont you?

ya i dont really feel like readin all of it
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby onbekende on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:16 pm

Templeton_Peck and Bosco_Baracas

Nobody catches the A-team reference?

geez, culture people, CULTURE
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby rebelman on Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:29 am

Templeton Peck's winning streak has come to an end having won his first 50 games, he lost game 51.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Fircoal on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:27 pm

AAFitz wrote:ill say one thing, the three of you write some damn long paragraphs dont you?

And that's coming from AAFitz. :shock:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby AAFitz on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Fircoal wrote:

I am utterly amazed it took that long for someone to post that, but technically I type long posts.

I break up my paragraphs a lot.

Sometimes at an annoying level. :D

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:52 pm

I was hoping by now that this would be resolved ?
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:35 pm

BUMP
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Banderaguy on Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:19 pm

Fircoal wrote:

and they change it up by adding caps locks, and all accused parties reply!
Isaac Newton wrote:Every action has an equal but opposite reaction
Sergeant Banderaguy

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports