Conquer Club

Indigo League Mafia/RPG Final Scene

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Indigo League Mafia/RPG Day 1 - Full speed ahead!

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Formally request everyone to request a deadline and not contribute to the game until one is added.

"Everyone STOP!", screamed Voltrob, "This blows! A bunch of kids are roming around, causing havoc and stomping all over our grass! I don't care about their stupid League and I don't care about their stupid rules! Brother pokemon, let us all just lie there and do nothing until they go away! Are you with me?"

"Professor Oak, we have a pacifist pokemon in the quadrant 14-H. He seems to be persuading other pokemon not to fight."

"I love how diverse pokemons are...but, we can't have that. Release Pacifier 1!"

StorrZerg (Voltorb) Level 1 (Electric) Wild Pokemon has been MODKILLED for ignoring the 1st and 11th rules of the game by convincing players to ignore to 12th rule. But, mostly for ignoring 1st one. :mrgreen:

Thank's for playing Storr.

With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Kwanton is aligned with fircoal.

Mitch is one of the easiest lynches. The push on him to challenge the fircoal lynch screws scummy
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Finally a mod with balls to modkill

Enjoy
Major StorrZerg

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:14 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Finally a mod with balls to modkill

Enjoy

Thanks for subbing. I hope you next game you're in is more to your liking.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:16 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:

Enjoy

Thanks best wishes this game. I do say subbing should never be done in the middle of a day phase. And a warning would of been sufficient imo.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 pm

StorrZerg wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

Enjoy

Thanks best wishes this game. I do say subbing should never be done in the middle of a day phase. And a warning would of been sufficient imo.

A warning? Like reading the OP of a game before deciding whether or not to join the game? This one's on you buddy.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby The Weird One on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Wow...that was one of the shortest lived replacements I've seen.

I'll unvote for right now. While I'm normally of the mind that deadlines are bad, even player enforced ones, because they lead to rushed decisions, I do appreciate the need for expediency if the fickle attention spans are to be held. That said, I'll vote Mitch. I've given points previously on him, and most of it can be written off as a poor playstyle. I've previously pointed out slips that go beyond this, though. As I said, in an earlier post, I feel Mitch is scummy, but -time provided- a better lynch could be attempted by trying to lynch a stronger scum. That said, lynching a scum is better than not, and, of the two cases, I feel Mitch's is a more reliable one.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Skittles! on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa okay. Well that changed things. Need to look over who was gunning for Marashu, and analyse those posts.

It also seems like through that modkill that Oak isn't a player in this game, but probably just in the position of Mandy.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Also Nark that post to Skof is really unnecessary. Yeah call her out for her post not containing as much info as you'd like but don't belittle her, it's just rude. It's not like all your posts have been wonderful sources of information and actually the majority of them is you being a dick. You don't know the circumstances of her life as to why she hasn't been posting as much so maybe don't be so harsh? Just a heads up.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:51 pm

Skittles! wrote:Also Nark that post to Skof is really unnecessary. Yeah call her out for her post not containing as much info as you'd like but don't belittle her, it's just rude. It's not like all your posts have been wonderful sources of information and actually the majority of them is you being a dick. You don't know the circumstances of her life as to why she hasn't been posting as much so maybe don't be so harsh? Just a heads up.

No its bloody necessary.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:00 pm

I knew it, Prof Oak is scum.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Skittles! on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Skittles! wrote:Also Nark that post to Skof is really unnecessary. Yeah call her out for her post not containing as much info as you'd like but don't belittle her, it's just rude. It's not like all your posts have been wonderful sources of information and actually the majority of them is you being a dick. You don't know the circumstances of her life as to why she hasn't been posting as much so maybe don't be so harsh? Just a heads up.

No its bloody necessary.

Literally no reason to be a cunt.
Private Skittles!

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I knew it, Prof Oak is scum.

Oak kills Voltorb
mandy kills Storr

So the mod is scum to you? Strange logic.

Not sure if you ever saw it mandy, but this is where ya need my 'Countdown Vote' method I implemented in my last mafia game.
Ah no wait...you were hoping for an 80-page Day 1. Nevermind then...
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby strike wolf on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:29 pm

I'm back. Will double fact check tonight. In the mean time unvote vote chu. Imho mitch case is bad and voting Chu will provide more info than Mitch who seems to mostly be targeted by those who do not know him. Only people voting mitch that know him are Doom who probably knows him less than most of the current regulars and Dakky who I don't trust and don't think mitch's lynch would persuade me that much (if mitch is WP, Dakky went for the easy lynch. If I am wrong and Mitch is scum, Dakky could still easily be scum doing the smart thing of eliminating a liability amongst his group in exchange for early town cred). Chu flipping town or scum would influence me on whether I believe Serbia, Nagerous and Nark (Serbia is inconsistent. Nag I want to believe on a personal level but there have been some good points brought up about him. Nark. I won't beat a dead horse on something most seem to disagree with me on beyond this little reference).

Going into actual reads on the two. Mitch is always erratic but I mostly see his normal MO at this point. Even if dakky is correct that he's been a little less helpful than usual, the survivor part of his win con helps explain that. Chu's flavor suggestions could easily be activity fluff and he has seemed a bit defensive at points. Frankly I think I'd rather go after Serbia than either of them but it's too late in the progression of the day to suggest starting a new lynch candidate unless I was absolutely certain.

Insults will always come up in mafia. However being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole is a good way to ruin the fun of a game. Nark, IMHO, hasn't gotten to this point. Wing treads along the line more often than not.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:21 pm

You are a kid... You know her personally, don't you? Is the crush hard? She was a sporadic poster 7 years ago, and she still is... Honesty hurts... Maybe she is awesome in real life, but for her to talk shit to me when I didn't post for 2 days and was constantly watching the thread while she posts once every three or four and then admits to skimming doesn't really win my appeal... Tough shit.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:28 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:Formally request everyone to request a deadline and not contribute to the game until one is added.

"Everyone STOP!", screamed Voltrob, "This blows! A bunch of kids are roming around, causing havoc and stomping all over our grass! I don't care about their stupid League and I don't care about their stupid rules! Brother pokemon, let us all just lie there and do nothing until they go away! Are you with me?"

"Professor Oak, we have a pacifist pokemon in the quadrant 14-H. He seems to be persuading other pokemon not to fight."

"I love how diverse pokemons are...but, we can't have that. Release Pacifier 1!"

StorrZerg (Voltorb) Level 1 (Electric) Wild Pokemon has been MODKILLED for ignoring the 1st and 11th rules of the game by convincing players to ignore to 12th rule. But, mostly for ignoring 1st one. :mrgreen:

Thank's for playing Storr.

With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch.

Best mod kill EVER, by the way
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:32 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'm back. Will double fact check tonight. In the mean time unvote vote chu. Imho mitch case is bad and voting Chu will provide more info than Mitch who seems to mostly be targeted by those who do not know him. Only people voting mitch that know him are Doom who probably knows him less than most of the current regulars and Dakky who I don't trust and don't think mitch's lynch would persuade me that much (if mitch is WP, Dakky went for the easy lynch. If I am wrong and Mitch is scum, Dakky could still easily be scum doing the smart thing of eliminating a liability amongst his group in exchange for early town cred). Chu flipping town or scum would influence me on whether I believe Serbia, Nagerous and Nark (Serbia is inconsistent. Nag I want to believe on a personal level but there have been some good points brought up about him. Nark. I won't beat a dead horse on something most seem to disagree with me on beyond this little reference).

Going into actual reads on the two. Mitch is always erratic but I mostly see his normal MO at this point. Even if dakky is correct that he's been a little less helpful than usual, the survivor part of his win con helps explain that. Chu's flavor suggestions could easily be activity fluff and he has seemed a bit defensive at points. Frankly I think I'd rather go after Serbia than either of them but it's too late in the progression of the day to suggest starting a new lynch candidate unless I was absolutely certain.

Insults will always come up in mafia. However being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole is a good way to ruin the fun of a game. Nark, IMHO, hasn't gotten to this point. Wing treads along the line more often than not.

Ok there's a lot to unpack here but how will lynching me tell more than it will tell for Mitch? The main difference I can see is in that you'll get reads from whatever I said previously. But there lies in another wrinkle in the choice between us two. If we lynch me I don't get to talk anymore while if we lynch mitch, he doesn't get to talk anymore. No offense to mitch, but I'm a more helpful of a player to have around than mitch. And when this game is starting to lull I personally think killing off players who are active and contributing is less desirable than kill those that are not. Which isn't to say mitch isn't active, but I would say that I have contributed much more than he has. Of course scumminess reigns supreme. I'm not saying to not vote who you find most scummy. However if it's between two equally scummy players I'd suggest lynching the less helpful one. (That said I also deny that I am scummy, of course :P )

I will also suggest that lynching mitch may give more information on dakky who is pushing hard for his lynch. I don't know Dakky well enough but I'm not sure if he would know to kill mitch if they were scum together. I mainly base this off of hearing that Dakky gets lynched Day 1 a lot. So no offense to you Dakky. I could be completely wrong about this. But in general, I do think mitch's lynch still reveals information. Even though not all of us know Mitch well enough we don't vote in a vacuum. You can still look through the reasons found and pick apart whose is weak and whose isn't.

Remember that the survivor part of the win con is only part of the win con. Wild Pokemon have to make sure Team Rocket does not win as well. The way to do that is to eliminate them. So if anyone is being unhelpful it is to their own harm, unless they are scum.

Also, I think you skimmed the case on me. I was criticized for not giving enough flavor specs not too much. And I assure you I haven't had activity fluff as I tend to have some of the longest posts here. Not all information is created equal and that isn't the best way to judge things but I have many several cases in these threads. In fact, the way that you try to tie me to various people who I have cast suspicion highlights the fact that I have been very active in trying to find scum. So no fluff here.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Hey, thanks Skoffin... That long ass post said NOTHING... All these young boys may think you are cool because you are a girl who plays these games, but you are just an annoyance, a skimmer, and a rare poster... So yippee for you... =D> =D> =D> =D>

I'm just going to say I think she's cool because she's my friend and we've had good shared experiences on this site together. Not because she's a girl. The same goes for a lot of you (mainly in the old guard). Friends aren't friends based off of skill, they're based off of bonds and kindness. Even the old guard nubs like 0ojakeo0 had some pleasant things about them. Same with NES, and he kept on digging holes for himself all the time. (I might be alone on that though.)
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby strike wolf on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Didn't intentionally skim but I admit I am not infallible. I was under the impression that the point I brought up was based off of you frequently talking about flavor (spec probably was a bad word choice) as your fluff while not getting into game mechanics. The not talking about game mechanics part, I couldnt care less about and have not really talked much about it myself except for when it seemed to be a part of a case.

imo, Dakky doesn't get lynched because he is a bad player per se but more because he seems to enjoy being the center of attention and is an all around fairly aggressive player.

About Skoffin: It seems to me that she was reasonably active (more active than narks claim at least) until recently when apparently had something come up. If she continues to be inconsistent as she has over the past few days, then maybe getting on her case about inactivity may be more appropriate but as of right now it's not warranted. For now, I'd be more interested in a post content case.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:10 pm

strike wolf wrote:Didn't intentionally skim but I admit I am not infallible. I was under the impression that the point I brought up was based off of you frequently talking about flavor (spec probably was a bad word choice) as your fluff while not getting into game mechanics. The not talking about game mechanics part, I couldnt care less about and have not really talked much about it myself except for when it seemed to be a part of a case.

imo, Dakky doesn't get lynched because he is a bad player per se but more because he seems to enjoy being the center of attention and is an all around fairly aggressive player.

What do you mean by flavor? I think most of my posts have been talking about which people I find scummy and which I don't.

and fair enough. I can understand that. Being the center of attention got me lynched day 1 a lot back in the day. Although I think it was more memey than anything.
Captain Fircoal

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am

Fircoal wrote:Remember that the survivor part of the win con is only part of the win con. Wild Pokemon have to make sure Team Rocket does not win as well. The way to do that is to eliminate them. So if anyone is being unhelpful it is to their own harm, unless they are scum.

The way you have written this makes it look strongly like you are not referring to yourself here.

Your lynch is incredibly important. TheWierdOne and Skoffin have both launched really passionate defenses of you. It important to understand why they did that.

Strike, at least I walk the line, Skittles does not apparently.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby BuJaber on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 am

Fircoal put it this way, if I were convinced that dakky was town, I would vote for mitch. But I think he's scummy, and in fact I was hoping people would switch to him and we'd get 13 people on one target. And of course if I think he's scummy I can't trust any case he's pushing for..

As for you pushing for mitch. You have a personal motive to get mitch lynched. So while we will question and follow the logic of your reasons for voting him, we again can't take it too seriously. Also the post in which you compare your case with him on the basis of who's more helpful seems a bit scummy to me because you could probably put it in any mafia game and it would still apply. That's the sort of vague reasoning that scum use to appear helpful.
Not enough for me to change my vote yet because A) ending the day just because a bunch of players are bored doesn't make sense to me, B) I feel that dakky is the better lynch, and C) we still have people who haven't posted or voted in a while.

Insulting people is a personality matter-- judging them for that is fine, but push beyond it to the underlying reason. Pushing for people to post is not only acceptable but necessary. I get that RL events are inevitable but there are ways to deal with that.. replacements, modkills, and policy lynch if necessary.
Major BuJaber

Postby Talapus on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 am

crap...I think my phone just screwed me over. I was trying to copy and add more to post and I think it deleted it my post.

Mandy, I completely understand if you need to modkill me for that.

If I survive it then I will try to retype it later today when on laptop. If this damn forum wouldn't log me out and lose my work I wouldn't have to worry about trying to copy and past this on my small screen.
DoomYoshi wrote:
vote talapus

You lying sack of cunt!
Corporal Talapus

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:33 am

Talapus wrote:crap...I think my phone just screwed me over. I was trying to copy and add more to post and I think it deleted it my post.

Mandy, I completely understand if you need to modkill me for that.

If I survive it then I will try to retype it later today when on laptop. If this damn forum wouldn't log me out and lose my work I wouldn't have to worry about trying to copy and past this on my small screen.

Given my history of modding you, I figure it will be crueler to let you continue playing. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives