Conquer Club

Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 1: The Ancient Era

Postby ga7 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:55 am

Skoffin wrote:I think Ga7's explanation of events is quite reasonable and should be satisfactory to most. However, I am a little surprised he included a FOS in my direction XD I'd like to know what the angle for that is, or whether it's a case of "and that's for not voting Benga straight away". Now Frenchie-chan, you aren't just FOSing me because somebody else just tried to make a case on me eh? ;)

UNFOS Sassy Skoffy Nothing to do with Dakky's "case" but you did such a good job of not making real posts that I thought you were scumarining :lol: Just kidding, my reason is gone upon sleeping on it. Sass away!

Ragian wrote:So... What are the fosses based on, then? Thinking that it's bad for town to lynch a survivor?

Nah, I'm a bit in a similar boat for both Skittles and you, I get this impression of distance and a couple of weird comments. I also don't think I can make a real case. So my FOS is a half-assed accusation for now :P

Skoffin wrote:The only thing I'll say for Benga is that I personally would not have made a Civ game and not have had town/maf be quite similar in how the roles worked, and third-party would make far more sense to not have knowledge of the basic town mechanics we all have. I've been playing civ all week and both you and your enemy nations spend time building up their civilisation and it's only unimportant city states that do not build themselves up.
[...]
@Fircoal
As mentioned above, it actually makes more sense for third parties not to build as third parties cannot build in the actual game of civ. I personally think both scum/town can build but with some alterations.

That is a good point, but that's also another thing about benga, early on he was adamant on there being barbarians:
benga wrote:
Ragian wrote:Well, I don't know about the Ghandi bit. I read that as a joke fra Aage that dakky just played along with. He did, however, say that his nation is threatened by other nations. Is your nation threatened by other nations, benga?

only if we played hot seat civ :)
as I understood there are nations and there are barbarians
that's why I rather hear dakky expand more before we acting upon it

benga wrote:I am just interested how many of you have actually played civ, cause from what I read here most of you just don't understand references to the game.

There are no uncivilized nations in game, there are nations and there are barbarians.

So I guess either Benga is a survivor that can't build even though he is a civ and his role mentioned barbarians OR Benga is barbarian that can't build. It didn't occur to me before but that could also make sense as a SK neh? At least more to me than Ghandi :o
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Samlen on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Skoffin wrote:
Now clearly I still am weary of all the "lynch him he might just be a survivor' types (I'm looking at you, Samlen); as I said, I suspect we may have a vig at some point who can take him out, and frankly I'm surprised that no one else has considered this if they received the same role info that I did. For that that are considering him as a third party, why do you not want to see if we get a vig that can resolve this for us?

Never had good experiences with letting survivors live \o/ As for the vig part, yeah we'll probably have multiple people that can kill at night, depending on how many decide to build an arsenal. But because a building must be built first, I doubt that we'd have a 'vig' up and killing someone tonight, plus, who else would we lynch today? I haven't seen anyone else that's seemed scummmy enough to warrant changing my vote and I doubt anyone would be up for a no-lynch. Also, If Benga can build buildings, then he can probably build defensive buildings, making it harder to kill him at night, making the vig option less likely to work. Besides, I believe the best way to have a vig function is without everyone else telling them whom to kill. Instead of having a vig use their kill on a survivor, they can use their 100% town view to scumhunt without being influenced by the mafia (Like these lynches can).
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Screw it, goodbye Benga
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Djfireside on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Sadly I have been writing this all day

Fircoal wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Good Morrow fellow Civilizations. Look forward to forging the great world with you all.

In regards to current transgressions, I tend to side with Nag having a Typo as well since he has clearly stated why the typo would be such. It makes sense to me now for while I watched from afar I could not fully understand.

As for the minor civilization claim, while it fits the style since a minor civ would not follow normal paths of a standard civilization, I am a little weary of it to be stated. I am in agreement with others that lynching him currently will not gather any further information so I understand the push for knowledge and in agreement right now however I am on the side of if you are not with me you are against me so I will remain guarded against Benga but not push any hostilities as I am quite young to this council

I am also a little taken aback by Tim, despite his latest outburst, in all my readings they have been all over the board. Voting quickly on Nag for a statement that was easily dismissed but giving Benga a pass and claiming wont rush to a vote despite already doing so on Nag. Even gathered mitch's FOS as well for the actions.

For now I greet you and look forward to forging our empires

Something feels off about this post. Nothing seems too ernonous in it but it feels too much like they're trying to play up the fact that they are a civilization instead of letting it flow into the conversation naturally. This post also feels pretty wishy washy to me. It is a first post so I'll give them that but it does it seems overly careful to me.

I was playing along with how the game would address you when you meet a new civilization. I also was a replacement player so I was trying to sum up most of my thoughts in a general statement. You are correct, everything was neutral cause I was still the new face in the room and I didnt take a firm stand on my first post but as things have progressed I have to lay my vote

VOTE BENGA

On an overall scale, they are neutral to possible scum and with how things have been going it seems this is the best route. My other feeling on Tim still leaves me feeling a bit weary but will go with others thoughts and I cant push away from Benga. I have been debating keeping them around for the way they play and the information they can gather in hopes they are telling the truth but the Risk/Liability seems greater than the benefit which is why they have garnered my vote.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Djfireside on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Sorry missed the bold

Vote Benga
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby benga on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 am

Well I can't add any more arguments of things that I have no knowledge of.
I tried to explain my actions to the best of my abilities.
Seems like the rope is ready :)
Sergeant benga

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:33 am

Vote Count:

dakky21 - 0
madmitch - 0
ga7 - 4 (Wing, madmitch, Hotshot, ragian)
skoffin - 0
strike wolf - 0
Samlen - 0
TimWoodbury - 1 (HotShot)
benga - 8 (nagerous, dakky, ga7, Fircoal, strike, Tim the Enchanter, Samlen, DJfireside)
Ragian - 0
nagerous - 0
Fircoal - 0
Skittles - 0
aage - 0
HotShot53 - 0
WingCmdr Ginkapo - 1 (aage)
Djfireside - 0

Players in BLUE are in a DoF and get +1 to lynch
Players in RED are in warfare and get a +3 to lynch
Players under BOTH are in purple and get the maximum +4 to lynch

On Friday it took 8 to Lynch, so it's Lynchin' Time!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the first cities sprang up from stone and iron, scouts and traders embarked on long journeys, discovering other nations equally struggling along, though often with remarkably different cultures. But the languages of goods and coin were enough to build the first societal bridges.

Friendships formed. Pacts and alliances forged. Enemies made.

But too often the greatest threats were from the large unknown. After one too many reports of ransacked trade caravans, some nations realised the attacks were too convenient. Too coincidental. And after setting a trap, the culprit was discovered - an insider, leaking information to the uncivilised hordes that roamed beyond the city walls. The spy would personally experience the earliest incarnation of justice.

benga - Barbarian Steve (Spy) has been Lynched!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 1 Begins!

Night Actions please. Feel free to send them over Messenger if you have me added there.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Night 1: Double-0 Dead

Postby strike wolf on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:50 am

:D =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 am

strike wolf wrote::D =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I guess your invite didn't count? Not that I am going to complain - but with this mechanic we need more regular VCs!
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:28 am

nagerous wrote:

I guess your unvote didn't count? Not that I am going to complain - but with this mechanic we need more regular VCs!

EBWOPPPP
Captain nagerous

Postby benga on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:34 am

:) enjoy the rest of game
Sergeant benga

Postby dakky21 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:51 pm

nagerous wrote:
nagerous wrote:

I guess your unvote didn't count? Not that I am going to complain - but with this mechanic we need more regular VCs!

EBWOPPPP

Even if his unvote counted, it was 11 to lynch on Tuesday, 10 on Wed, 9 on Thu, 8 on Fri and today 7 on Sat so Benga had his 7 on him even with Strike unvote.
Captain dakky21

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:35 pm

dakky21 wrote:
nagerous wrote:
nagerous wrote:

EBWOPPPP

Even if his unvote counted, it was 11 to lynch on Tuesday, 10 on Wed, 9 on Thu, 8 on Fri and today 7 on Sat so Benga had his 7 on him even with Strike unvote.

Yeah this.

I will aim to do more regular Vote Counts. I was slow to this one due to mandy luring me into a late-night actual Civ game session.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Fircoal on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Good stuff!
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ga7 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:40 pm

8-) 8-) 8-)
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby strike wolf on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:28 pm

For the record, I didn't see it in the regular rules and didn't recheck the special rules, are we allowed to discuss the game during the night?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Minister Masket wrote:I will aim to do more regular Vote Counts. I was slow to this one due to mandy luring me into a late-night actual Civ game session.

Which one are you guys playing? 5?

Apologies for my recent absence, will be more active on later days.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skoffin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:For the record, I didn't see it in the regular rules and didn't recheck the special rules, are we allowed to discuss the game during the night?

It's not in the special rules, however I'd say night game chat even in thread should not be allowed; we shouldn't be potentially influencing night actions etc after the day is over.

aage wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:I will aim to do more regular Vote Counts. I was slow to this one due to mandy luring me into a late-night actual Civ game session.

We've been playing Civ 5
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby nagerous on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Skoffin wrote:
strike wolf wrote:For the record, I didn't see it in the regular rules and didn't recheck the special rules, are we allowed to discuss the game during the night?

It's not in the special rules, however I'd say night game chat even in thread should not be allowed; we shouldn't be potentially influencing night actions etc after the day is over.

aage wrote:

We've been playing Civ 5

If it isn't in the rules I guess it is allowed? MM do you mind confirming?
Captain nagerous

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:43 am

Game chat is frowned upon but you could always fill the time talking about the actual Civ game. Funny/annoying moments, etc. ^^
Last edited by Minister Masket on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Private Minister Masket

Postby nagerous on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am

Scene was only posted 24 hours ago?
Captain nagerous

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:26 pm

sorry bout being away folks i had my military things this weekend
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 am

nagerous wrote:Scene was only posted 24 hours ago?

Odd, realised I had jumped the gun pretty soon after and edited the post but evidently the edit didn't stick.

I have most N1 actions now. Day 2 begins later today!

Private Minister Masket

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:54 pm

From darkness came light. The lights of knowledge, philosophy, architecture and the budding sciences.
Cities that had started as a mere cluster of buildings now stood as fully deserving of the title.
Marketplaces, harbours, theatres, colosseums, residential districts. All seemed to merge as one body.

Eager to expand ever outwards, great construction projects were started by many.
Some for entertainment. Others for protection having already seen the blight of war.
But the long struggle to civilise was far from over.

In a dark and forested corner of Europe, one budding society was snuffed out.
What was left suggested an attack by a group as equally aggressive and destructive
as their ability to blend back into the shadows.

WingCmdr Ginkapo - Bismarck (The Nation of Germany) has been nightkilled!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Classical Era!
Last edited by Minister Masket on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 2: The Classical Era

Postby nagerous on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Congratulations to everyone on the benga Lynch =D>

Put us in a strong position for day 2.

Not sure how much we can read into the night kill. What we do seem to know is that scum seem to be generally clueless about the building elements, so will have to have a re read, as to who was in the 'know', who stayed quiet, who defended benga etc and see if there are any strong cases.

I already have a few early suspicions but requires some further analysis.
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives