Conquer Club

Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Civilization Mafia - GAME LOADING...

Postby BuJaber on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 am

I'm not in the game, but with at least one lady present, just assume everyone is firm.

PS -I can already tell this is gonna be really fun to read. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for butting in .. this will be my one and only post in this thread Masket. Just couldn't resist.

Have fun everyone.
Major BuJaber

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 am

BuJaber wrote:I'm not in the game, but with at least one lady present, just assume everyone is firm.

PS -I can already tell this is gonna be really fun to read. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for butting in .. this will be my one and only post in this thread Masket. Just couldn't resist.

Have fun everyone.

I'll put you down as a replacement option if you want.
You should be right though, this will be a fun game. You should see the roles I've sent out. :mrgreen:
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby aage on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 am

We are pleased to meet you.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Confirm
Captain nagerous

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:09 pm

fir2m
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Actually I have another case during a confirmation stage, but that one will wait for the official game start. In a game of this type even confirms can make a difference, think out of the box...
Captain dakky21

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:01 pm

dakky21 wrote:Actually I have another case during a confirmation stage, but that one will wait for the official game start. In a game of this type even confirms can make a difference, think out of the box...

*yawn*
Captain nagerous

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm

nagerous wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Actually I have another case during a confirmation stage, but that one will wait for the official game start. In a game of this type even confirms can make a difference, think out of the box...

*yawn*

Don't do that before I present it.
Captain dakky21

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 pm

ga7 wrote:
Skoffin wrote:
ga7 wrote:
madmitch wrote:confirm 8-[ O:) O:)

How on earth does one look scummy from the freaking confirm post? :lol:

kwanfirm

1. This post doesn't make sense
2. you are claiming to be Kwan, when Kwan claims to be Kwan

Confusing town AND counterclaiming an existing player? Scum.

1.It makes sense if you analyze the smileys combination. READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE!!!

2.I'm not claiming to be kwan, I am claiming kwan is firm.

OMFG how comes no one is pointing the obvious smut yaoi implication, and why i am fangirling over her :oops:
confirm :B
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby TimWoodbury on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:01 pm

dang you jsut trying da kill everyone before day break aint cha
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:20 pm

TimWoodbury wrote:

I'll just kill a joke vote stage with a few facts about confirmations and some will and some will not be happy about it. But let's wait for the game start.
Captain dakky21

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 pm

I got excited then thinking everyone had confirmed...but no, we are waiting for Sir Skittles. :roll:

Actually putting the Declaration stuff and the Game Intro in one post might be a wee bit untidy, so I may as well explain the former now:

Declarations

If you've never played Civ before, basically every player has a sliding scale of happiness with every other player, and declarations are one of the biggest ways to change that scale for the better or worse, depending on your current plans. In this game I will be using the two main ones.

1) Declaration of Friendship
Let's say Player A wants to forge a temporary alliance with Player B. A can post "Declare Friendship with B in blue and bold. If Player B then posts "Accept", the declaration is made. What's the bonus for doing this? Well the lynch countdown will increase the overall tension and shorten days, but previously there wasn't much players could do to resist it. That changes now, since the Dec of Friendship adds +1 Lynch Needed to both players involved. Bear in mind that it sticks until the Night Phase, and can be renewed the following day the same way if so desired.

2) Declaration of War
Ah yes, the 'fun' one in any game of Civ. If Player A has beef with Player B, voting is now not the only weapon in your day phase arsenal. If A posts "Declare War on B" in bold and red (B has no say in the matter), both players are at "war" - granting a whopping +3 Lynch Needed to both players BUT also granting a secret negative effect. However, unlike the Dec of Friendship, both players can post "Declare Peace" in bold and green before the night phase, cancelling all effects.

You can be involved in both of these Declarations at the same time (with different players naturally), but no more than one each.

Combining these with the Lynch Countdown will make for some very interesting Vote Counts and bandwagons. However, declaring open friendships or hostilities will invite extreme attention from every other player. Will it be the attention you want, and are the rewards worth it? That will be down to you.

One more thing. Instead of the bog standard Day 1 > Day 2 > Day 3 formula, the game will progress via Civ-like ERA'S.
For example. Day 1 will be the Ancient Era.
A harmless tie-in to the game flavour, or another twisted game mechanic with potentially fatal consequences further down the line? Ooooh you'll have to wait and see. :-$

I believe that covers everything but if I realise I've forgotten anything, I'll edit it in here.

Private Minister Masket

Postby aage on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:16 pm

dakky21 wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:

I'll just kill a joke vote stage with a few facts about confirmations and some will and some will not be happy about it. But let's wait for the game start.

Your facts mean nothing to me. Nor does the obviously bullshit metagaming theory you're threatening to unfold. If we know one thing, it's that metagaming never stands the test of time.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Skoffin on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 pm

FloresDelMal wrote:
ga7 wrote:
Skoffin wrote:
ga7 wrote:
madmitch wrote:confirm 8-[ O:) O:)

How on earth does one look scummy from the freaking confirm post? :lol:

kwanfirm

1. This post doesn't make sense
2. you are claiming to be Kwan, when Kwan claims to be Kwan

Confusing town AND counterclaiming an existing player? Scum.

1.It makes sense if you analyze the smileys combination. READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE!!!

2.I'm not claiming to be kwan, I am claiming kwan is firm.

OMFG how comes no one is pointing the obvious smut yaoi implication, and why i am fangirling over her :oops:
confirm :B

Possible scum trying to buddy up to the pro-town hero?!
loljokes, you too can be pro-town hero if you agree to be my sidekick. There will be capes.

As for dakky - laying groundwork for some outlandish theory, promising to reveal 'later' but not actually doing anything useful in the meantime? Who does that?scum does! I have susses you out, sir!
Batten your hatches, for I will be declaring war.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Re: Civilization Mafia - SKITTLES PLS

Postby Skittles! on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Sorry ladies, confirm
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby dakky21 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 pm

aage wrote:
dakky21 wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:

Your facts mean nothing to me. Nor does the obviously bullshit metagaming theory you're threatening to unfold. If we know one thing, it's that metagaming never stands the test of time.

It is your choice, but I think I know who is which country of some players based on confirms so far. Think out of the box, again.

Skoffin wrote:As for dakky - laying groundwork for some outlandish theory, promising to reveal 'later' but not actually doing anything useful in the meantime? Who does that?scum does! I have susses you out, sir!
Batten your hatches, for I will be declaring war.

It's not groundwork, it's simple logic, and you will see it when the game start. I don't want to reveal it now because it will happen like with Tim... "I didn't meant that" or "that"... as I said, if you're town, try to think out of the box... some confirms say enough about themselves.
Captain dakky21

Postby Skoffin on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

I suppose confirmations can indeed suggest information about any given player. For example, could your confirmation perhaps suggest you are infact Great Britain during the time period of the 1980's -1990's?
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby aage on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:42 am

dakky21 wrote:
aage wrote:
dakky21 wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:

It is your choice, but I think I know who is which country of some players based on confirms so far. Think out of the box, again.

And what useful information are you going to gain from this amazing technique?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby benga on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:06 am

can DOF be broken with DOW?
Sergeant benga

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 am

benga wrote:can DOF be broken with DOW?

Yes, but only if it's the same player. Likewise, nothing stopping you attempting a DoF on someone after declaring a DoW on them but I doubt they'd be too accommodating to that.

Doing the intro now.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Ragian on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:53 am

Captain Ragian

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:00 am

Oh boy this is gonna be exciting
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:16 am

At the Dawn of Humanity, peoples from scattered tribes are coming together for the first time.
Farming, complex language, the rule of law and other constructs are coming together to form what will become the very first cities.
These are the tentative first steps of the nations that will decide the world's fate in the millennia to come.
But outside the newly built walls lies a still cold, dark and unforgiving world, and not even the first civilisations are safe...

Welcome to the Ancient Era!

Begin!
Last edited by Minister Masket on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 1: The Ancient Era

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 am

Greetings fellow leaders! I hope that we can unify together to bring civilization to this uncivilized world. (Let's hope the barbs don't overrun us like they do in civ VI ._.)
Lieutenant Samlen

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 1: The Ancient Era

Postby madmitch on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 am

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/6y4qnQ0tEUE[/YouTube] hello all
Cadet madmitch

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives