Conquer Club

Civilization Mafia - Town Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 4: The Industrial Era

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:22 pm

TimWoodbury wrote:vote dj timer about to go to l=2 so im gonna try to get DJ while i have a chance to get him...before he has a chance to declare war or find a friend...

What a twist! That's a lynch!

Vote Count

dakky21 - 4 (djfireside, strike, ga7, nag)
madmitch - 0
ga7 - 0
skoffin - 0
strike wolf - 0
Samlen - 0
TimWoodbury - 0
Ragian - 0
nagerous - 0
Fircoal - 0
Skittles - 0
Djfireside - 2 (dakky, Tim)

Day 4 started on Tue, so on today (Thu) it takes 2 to Lynch!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far from ushering in a golden age of peace for humanity, the rise of machines only seemed to make weapons of war more deadly.
And with every new invention, tensions rose as one nation strove to out-do another.
For one civilisation, a sudden war granted the funds, recruitment and allies needed to survive another Age, while another found itself stabbed in the back by the new alliance. Historians would later call this conflict the Napoleonic Wars.
Watching from distant shores, the outside threat marvelled at the ensuing chaos, but not even they could not predict what the next great Age would bring...

Djfireside - Napoleon (The Nation of France) has been lynched!

------------------------------------------------------

Night 4 Begins!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 4: The Industrial Era

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:31 pm

BONUS SCENE :o

A few weeks after the conflict against France ceased, an expedition by a neutral nation picked its way through the wreckage of the once proud civilisation.
Not much remained...except for the obvious and huge remnants of what appeared to be a grand construction project near the centre of the old capital.

From what the party could tell, the vast majority of the groundwork was done. Only the top fraction was left to do.
Had it been finished, no doubt it would've been a defining monument of culture and humanity. A real....Wonder for the Ages...

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Night 4: Sacre Bleu!

Postby Djfireside on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 pm

WHAT! The day would have run by the server time which clearly stated I had 3 hours left and even was asking you about the mechanics of the game. That is BS. If that was the case I would have declared war right there. Im sorry but I think that was a bad move and not illustrated properly in your updates
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby dakky21 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Looks like MM wants to end the game ASAP. I didn't expect night phase just after Tim voted you as well...
Captain dakky21

Postby Djfireside on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Vote Count

Day 4 started on Tue, so on today (Wed) it takes 3 to Lynch! (dakky needs 6)
Tim proposes friendship with Dakky

Actually the clock is about to tick down to 2 to lynch, so with dakky's +3 War Bonus, he would be a L-1.
HOWEVER, accepting the DOF would buy him another day and put DJ in jeopardy! Oooooh so exciting. :mrgreen:

You posted this 2 hours ago stating nothing on 2 hours from now but by the day. As you can tell im a bit pissed cause I have been watching and playing this for days only to have this happen.

Im done with the rant. Return to business

No Im not, You still went through with this after I even PM'ed you about the posting of friendship and war to respond with its too late then do this on a 1/2 hour point.

Now im done
Private Djfireside

Postby Skittles! on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Welp, definitely not who I wanted to be voted out (either Dakky or DJ). Got to have a good discussion town, scum are playing very well.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby dakky21 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Skittles! wrote:Welp, definitely not who I wanted to be voted out (either Dakky or DJ). Got to have a good discussion town, scum are playing very well.

I know we shouldn't talk at night, but it's not about scum playing well, it's about town playing bad.
Captain dakky21

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:31 am

Djfireside wrote:WHAT! The day would have run by the server time which clearly stated I had 3 hours left and even was asking you about the mechanics of the game. That is BS. If that was the case I would have declared war right there. Im sorry but I think that was a bad move and not illustrated properly in your updates

Welp, i'm confused.

I've been using GMT as far as the deadline is concerned, but the timings that i see on posts (the server time?) is actually one hour ahead.
I thought I had said GMT would be used back in the rules post, but apologies if that wasn't clear.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Djfireside on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 am

Thank you for at least the update on it. I was just mad cause I thought I had more time but should have just done what I was going to do and go to war when I thought of it. gg all go town
Private Djfireside

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm

I was going to start Day 5 today but I forgot to send some important info to one player at the start of the night phase. :x
Naturally they need a wee bit more time to send their action(s) in so it may have to wait til tomorrow.

My bad.

Private Minister Masket

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:06 pm

The nations of the world had come far.

From dark and humble origins to the light of the Renaissance and the advent of the age of steam, humanity was beginning to bend the world to it's whim.
Having answer many of the great questions of the Earth, men and women of science now looked inwards - to the very materials of life itself. Medicine, education and technology would all benefit from advances in these fields. But humanity could still not yet move on from his nature, and warfare would find itself changed forever with the invention of a bomb that could wipe out cities on a whim.

Many were prepared. Others were not so forsightful, and were left scrambling to build up their defences.

For the hordes still lurking undiscovered, this was a worrying sign, and they quickly targeting one of the nations about to become a New World superpower...

TimWoodbury - Empress Catherine the Great (The Nation of Russia) has been killed!

Meanwhile, out of his capital city of Delhi, one leader dismissed his scientists and rubbed his hands with joyous glee...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Atomic Era!

Private Minister Masket

Re: Civilization Mafia - Day 5: The Atomic Era!

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 pm

I really want to revoTe Dakky but at the very least I can fairly safely say he was not the one to send in the kill. He has however significantly decreased towns likelihood of the wonderror being finished. ](*,)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Ok

I guess I have some explaining to do based on the night scene.

Masket has completely screwed me here - not just for choosing to implicate me in the night scene but in regards to the evolution of my role.

I fear this will be an un-necessary distraction in the catching of the final barbarian but hopefully not...

In the night phase since we have now entered the atomic phase, I am now a PGO - with nukes, so anyone who targets me in the night will be nuked to oblivion unless they have built a bunker.

I must emphasise that my win condition hasn't changed, I am still a pro-town role and a civilised nation so I am not a threat to the town winning the game - we must focus on catching the barbarians that remain.

Build your bunkers and look into me you will find that I am innocent - or role block me with your bunkers whatever , lets just not get silly and jump to a speed lynch.

Masket told me at the beginning of the game I was Gandhi and had a secret role ability that would be revealed later on in the game. That is why I ballsed up a few times when saying we were all playing characters! Unfortunately it turns out that my secret ability is a relatively negative one and nothing cool and exciting which I had hoped for.

Finally, I followed fircoal's theory and investigated Tim for a gun last night.

He did have a gun - which means that having a gun is likely sign that he has built an arsenal and we can therefore definitely discount dakky not having a gun as a sign of innocence.

Due to monumental f*ck ups - TimWoodbury - we didn't lynch him the previous day phase so I am going to

vote Dakky he visited Skoffin the previous night phase, he also got Djfireside lynched - the one guy who was role blocked the previous day phase and therefore had been cleared.

I also realise that I have visited the guy who died which is pretty damning sadly and may make the town want to lynch me. Hopefully there is some useful evidence out there that we can use to catch the final scum.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:32 pm

strike wolf wrote:I really want to revoTe Dakky but at the very least I can fairly safely say he was not the one to send in the kill. He has however significantly decreased towns likelihood of the wonderror being finished. ](*,)

I think Tim may have targeted me in the night and died. The mod told me two people had targeted me in the night and died via PM and laughed with glee. Surprised to see it has only been one - it may be related to the important info he forgot to send to someone.

Even if dakky couldn't kill last night due to war declaration - it doesn't make him innocent.
Captain nagerous

Postby Fircoal on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:38 pm

strike wolf wrote:I really want to revoTe Dakky but at the very least I can fairly safely say he was not the one to send in the kill. He has however significantly decreased towns likelihood of the wonderror being finished. ](*,)

How?
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Skittles! on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Welp, bye Tim.

After work I'll be naming who I find to be the most suss, until then please don't lynch anyone. I.e I really don't think it's Dakky.

nagerous wrote:

I think Tim may have targeted me in the night and died. The mod told me two people had targeted me in the night and died via PM and laughed with glee. Surprised to see it has only been one - it may be related to the important info he forgot to send to someone.

Even if dakky couldn't kill last night due to war declaration - it doesn't make him innocent.

So you're insuinating that Tim died not by mafia but by visiting you? So we just have to find out if anyone blocked another player? For full disclosure, I blocked Strike last night. It is interesting that he comes out and blames dakky straight away, trying to implicate him in not completing his wonder (even if the day 4 end scene specifically said the wonder was dead with DJ being lynched).
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:46 pm

You make it sound like YOU building the wonder is a town effort despite that every building is to advance your own nation. I don't care if a wonder gets built or not, I care when someone says I should care that they are building one.
Private Skittles!

Postby Skittles! on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Sorry for the third post in a row but vote strike. I will post a full argument in about 12 hours time as to why I think strike is scum, but to help I did block him last night. If what nag is saying is truthful, then mafia didn't confirm a kill last night due to actions, I.e. Being blocked.
Private Skittles!

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Skittles! wrote:Welp, bye Tim.

After work I'll be naming who I find to be the most suss, until then please don't lynch anyone. I.e I really don't think it's Dakky.

nagerous wrote:

So you're insuinating that Tim died not by mafia but by visiting you? So we just have to find out if anyone blocked another player? For full disclosure, I blocked Strike last night. It is interesting that he comes out and blames dakky straight away, trying to implicate him in not completing his wonder (even if the day 4 end scene specifically said the wonder was dead with DJ being lynched).

Tim was meant to visit ragian not me, so I don't know for the sure. I think it is in the realms of possibility that this is the reason he died however as per what I was told (sorry MM you probably shouldn't have said to me - so not sure if in trouble for this but it is worth sharing for benefit of everyone plus only one person died not two as previous advise)

Strike and dakky were at war I guess that means you can't do any night actions if at war??
Captain nagerous

Postby ga7 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:22 pm

I'll post more tomorrow but two points: I thought people at war couldn't do actions indeed, but if I recall well that was never really confirmed since the first war between Skoff & Dakky happened day 1 and prevented them to do their first building from what Skoff implied?
Also, I'm confused because I had gone to block Tim. So either someone blocked me or he didn't visit you Nag... That would make a big difference.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah that sure changes things. It would also clear strike and dakky? I guess we need all actions to gain clearest picture
Captain nagerous

Postby Samlen on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Well I had sent my spies over to Tim's nation but guess that was a waste...
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Yeah I didn't take the extra scene to mean that the wonder was out of the game.

War has the effect of completely preventing you from doing anything at night. My building was delayed and I would have been effectively role blocked if I had had an active ability.

I don't know if I agree with Nag's analysis that Tim was killed by visiting him. The scene seems to imply that he was killed by "the hordes" who have been previously been referenced as scum. However if Tim did die by visiting Nag tHan that does the opposite of clear me or dakky. We'd be missing a night kill and most likely it would have to be someone who was unable to send in a kill.

So if someone builds and it gives them a doc protect that only helps their nation not the town? :roll:
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Based on your comments Strike and ga7 having role blocked Tim, I will unvote as Dakky wouldn't have killed Tim - who also seems like a really odd choice for a NK.
Captain nagerous

Postby madmitch on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:03 pm

I know Skittles visited Strike because I watched Strike. Hope that info helps.
Cadet madmitch

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives