Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Mayhem [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby sanosuke on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:00 pm

bah, shrug 'em off DiM. We all still love your maps. Btw, do you get your map idea's from fantasy books or just think "hey, that'd be fun to play"? I'm sure there's copywrite's involved with using some maps, but was kinda thinking of a mix of different fantasy book maps ^_^
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:06 pm

sanosuke wrote:bah, shrug 'em off DiM. We all still love your maps. Btw, do you get your map idea's from fantasy books or just think "hey, that'd be fun to play"? I'm sure there's copywrite's involved with using some maps, but was kinda thinking of a mix of different fantasy book maps ^_^

i don't get inspiration from anywhere. when i want to make a map i think of a gameplay first. an rough idea. then i make a word file with my thoughts. after that i take a few pieces of paper and start drawing. when i get a satisfactory sketch i start making it in photoshop. i never used another map as a source of inspiration simply because i'm not good at accurately tracing borders and stuff. i prefer freedom.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby demon7896 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 pm

a prob with your sig---the clicky only takes you to this thread.
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY ENEMIES...
CAUSE I SURE AS HELL WON'T!
Private demon7896

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:09 pm

demon7896 wrote:a prob with your sig---the clicky only takes you to this thread.

yeah i need to add a link to the mogul map also. forgot about that. :D

done. now the trilogy banner leads to this thread and the mogul banner leads to the mogul thread
thanks for reminding me :D
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby demon7896 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 pm

and "it" can attack them directly? i don't understand... is "it" the sanctuary?
and, just to make sure, the sanctuary is a starting neutral, right?
Private demon7896

Postby a-person1192 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 pm

the lightning is completely useless, also the landscapes are an eyesore.
If I was lying wouldn't my pants be on fire?
Cook a-person1192

Postby sanosuke on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 pm

a-person1192 wrote:the lightning is completely useless, also the landscapes are an eyesore.

Guys, DiM has already said that the lightning was just something for him to entertain himself with and that it wouldn't be staying . . .
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 pm

demon7896 wrote:and "it" can attack them directly? i don't understand... is "it" the sanctuary?

it = sanctuary and no it's not starting neutral. the sanctuary is the home of the lyches and it is the starting point for 1 of the 7 players on this map.

look at the list in the legend. 6 castles + 1 sanctuary = 7 races
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:37 pm

sanosuke wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:the lightning is completely useless, also the landscapes are an eyesore.

Guys, DiM has already said that the lightning was just something for him to entertain himself with and that it wouldn't be staying . . .

i wish just for once people would read before they post.

as sanosuke said, the lightning was just for fun. i was bored and wanted to animate something :)
Major DiM

Postby demon7896 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 pm

232, im pretty sure that's the magic number.
the orc's territory has a little grainy rainbow...
Private demon7896

Postby a-person1192 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:41 pm

sanosuke wrote:

Well instead of posting it maybe he should work on the landscapes then. and have fun on his own time.
Cook a-person1192

Postby demon7896 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:42 pm

DiM wrote:
demon7896 wrote:and "it" can attack them directly? i don't understand... is "it" the sanctuary?

it = sanctuary and no it's not starting neutral. the sanctuary is the home of the lyches and it is the starting point for 1 of the 7 players on this map.

are the blood waters part of sanctuary?
Private demon7896

Postby sanosuke on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm

a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

Well instead of posting it maybe he should work on the landscapes then. and have fun on his own time.

Sorry, wasn't aware that this was a sweat shop :shock:

Anywho, DiM, when you say in the legend that sanctuary can attack any one of the territs, you're speaking of just the water territs right? sanc. still has to access the docks to get off that island....correct?
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby demon7896 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:48 pm

er.. is Alb a village?
Private demon7896

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 pm

a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

omg you're right. please don't tell the slave driver i slacked around and had some fun instead of working till i drop. :roll:

now be a good sport and go slave on your map instead of trolling here. :wink:
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:12 pm

demon7896 wrote:
DiM wrote:

are the blood waters part of sanctuary?

yep blood waters are a part of the sanctuary island. they can be attacked one way from any dock and they can also be attacked one way from the sanctuary.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:14 pm

sanosuke wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

Sorry, wasn't aware that this was a sweat shop :shock:

Anywho, DiM, when you say in the legend that sanctuary can attack any one of the territs, you're speaking of just the water territs right? sanc. still has to access the docks to get off that island....correct?

lol sweat shop :P

as for the sanctuary, it can attack the other terits on the island and it can also attack one way directly on the blood waters. the only way out of that island is through the dock in ur'l
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:16 pm

demon7896 wrote:er.. is Alb a village?

ugh.. no. why?

if you look at the legend you'll see the word village has a shield with a red glow around it. now look at alb and you'll see its shield doesn't have a red glow. so it's not a village.
Major DiM

Postby unriggable on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Dim, photobucket is back up.
Cook unriggable

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 pm

unriggable wrote:Dim, photobucket is back up.

yeah but i'm not home so i don't have any files to upload right now :)

thanks for the info though :P
Major DiM

Postby a-person1192 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:19 pm

DiM wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

omg you're right. please don't tell the slave driver i slacked around and had some fun instead of working till i drop. :roll:

I would but no one has commented on it for at least a week, other than myself, so im kinda lost. im about to give it up
Cook a-person1192

Postby hulmey on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:21 pm

This map is starting to remind me of Lord of the Rings :D
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:23 pm

a-person1192 wrote:
DiM wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

I would but no one has commented on it for at least a week, other than myself, so im kinda lost. im about to give it up

then give up. if nobody commented then it probably means nobody is interested.
or even better do something to get people's attention. a stunning graphic, a great gameplay, something
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm

hulmey wrote:This map is starting to remind me of Lord of the Rings :D

ugh..thanks :?
Major DiM

Postby a-person1192 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:27 pm

DiM wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:
DiM wrote:
a-person1192 wrote:
sanosuke wrote:

then give up. if nobody commented then it probably means nobody is interested.
or even better do something to get people's attention. a stunning graphic, a great gameplay, something
it has a different style of gameplay, which i think is good, so idk. Im going to give it up.
Cook a-person1192

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas