Conquer Club

[XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am

Concise description:
Enabling the possibility of Killer neutrals being part of bonuses

Specifics/Details:
Basically, the XML should allow bonus to be dealt before triggering any Killer neutral. A change to XML sequence should work as follows:
    -Bonuses
    -Killer neutrals
    -Reinforcements

How this will benefit the site:
A simple change that will open to a vast field of new possibilities in terms of game-play, enabling the creation of short/limited duration bonuses.

Initial post:

I've been suggesting for a while now, that Killer neutrals could be part of bonus.

Basically, the XML should allow bonus to be dealt before triggering any Killer neutral.
This simple change could open a vast field of possibilities in terms of game-play.

On this example, in my map 'Age of Bucaneers' if Pirates manage to get and hold the 'Loot regions' for 1 they turn will be rewarded for it. Of course that this 'Loot regions' are KN so they will have to go for it every turn.

One of the cool things in this case is that these loot regions will give 3x (bonus) the number of neutrals in it. So it's always a gamble. You can loose 1 to kill 2 and get 6, but you can lose 4 or more and still get those same 6.

I'm sure that different possibilities could appear in many other maps....
Last edited by Kabanellas on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major Kabanellas
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (20) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:56 pm

I really like this idea and agree it would open up a number of options. I also look forward to Age of Buccaneers being able to be created, since it seems like a really cool map :)
User avatar
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: The Underworld
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby rishaed on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:07 pm

This would have to have an appropriate risk/reward outlay. If you can take a standard bonus for lets say +3 and the KN bonus is +6 with three territories of 2.... It might be better just to hold the Standard bonus over time (because over time your win/lose ratio) usually equals out but sometimes it just isn't worth it. The problem being that if the KN bonus isn't high enough that no one will use them.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Good idea.
saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:after a man orgasms his brain releases various different chemicals that make him feel sleepy

After DY orgasms he develops a new recipe for chicken taragon, rearranges his closet, and then edits a paper on the Collected Works of John Stuart Mill.
User avatar
Major DoomYoshi
 
Posts: 10010
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Al Fashir, Sudan
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (14)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:46 am

wondering if Mr. bigWham will read this post.. 8-)
User avatar
Major Kabanellas
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (20) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

I am wondering as well and hopes he strives to listen to the map makers themselves. This would be a great little add on, not only for the map that kabs has drawn, but for others as well that would come later.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby Robespierre__ on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:54 pm

good idea!
User avatar
Major Robespierre__
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: New Jersey
Medals: 111
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (35)
Tribe Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 am

Just a quick bump to get this back onto the radar.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 am

I do hereby approve this suggestion!
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 am

Hoping XML updates are being considered soon and that this one and the others listed in here will be added :)
User avatar
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: The Underworld
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 am

bring it back up... :)
User avatar
Major Kabanellas
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (20) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Kabanellas wrote:bring it back up... :)


This feature needs to be implemented, if for no other reason than it should be easy to do and it will let Kab make another awesome map :) Really though, I think it would add to all mapmaker's ability to create a variety of different bonus structures in new maps.
User avatar
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: The Underworld
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby JamesKer1 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:30 am

SUBMITTED
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.




A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
User avatar
Private JamesKer1
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am
Location: Good ol' Kentucky
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (3)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:51 am

Totally in favour of this suggestion.
Just want to remember that we need to put very attention in implementing this one due backward compatibility problems. It shouldn't be "read KNs after bonuses", but "read KN after bonuses if" to preserve existent maps. :)
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Not here
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby bigWham on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Totally in favour of this suggestion.
Just want to remember that we need to put very attention in implementing this one due backward compatibility problems. It shouldn't be "read KNs after bonuses", but "read KN after bonuses if" to preserve existent maps. :)


should we should move the killer neutrals to trigger after bonuses are issued?

because that would be easy. making XML changes and coding a conditional process flow is... less easy (and hence may not happen quickly).
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 64
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (5)
Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 am

bigWham wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:Totally in favour of this suggestion.
Just want to remember that we need to put very attention in implementing this one due backward compatibility problems. It shouldn't be "read KNs after bonuses", but "read KN after bonuses if" to preserve existent maps. :)


should we should move the killer neutrals to trigger after bonuses are issued?

because that would be easy. making XML changes and coding a conditional process flow is... less easy (and hence may not happen quickly).


I don't believe there are any maps which currently use Killer Neutral territories for bonuses, since at this point there'd be no way to claim the bonus if they had. Because of this I don't think tnb80's concern needs to be worried about. Just moving killer neutrals to triggering after bonuses will work great as a way to implement this suggestion.
User avatar
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: The Underworld
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby bigWham on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
bigWham wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:Totally in favour of this suggestion.
Just want to remember that we need to put very attention in implementing this one due backward compatibility problems. It shouldn't be "read KNs after bonuses", but "read KN after bonuses if" to preserve existent maps. :)


should we should move the killer neutrals to trigger after bonuses are issued?

because that would be easy. making XML changes and coding a conditional process flow is... less easy (and hence may not happen quickly).


I don't believe there are any maps which currently use Killer Neutral territories for bonuses, since at this point there'd be no way to claim the bonus if they had. Because of this I don't think tnb80's concern needs to be worried about. Just moving killer neutrals to triggering after bonuses will work great as a way to implement this suggestion.


additionally i think having 2 types of "killer neutrals" would be confusing to players... we would need to differentiate them, and every time they were used in a map it would need to be clear which type was in play (and potentially multiple types). i do not think the confusion would be worth it.

however, if we want to change it across the board i have no problem with that, and it can be done easily... however i am sending this back to Suggestions to make sure we consider all aspects of it.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 64
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (5)
Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi BW!

people would just start getting used to idea that "killer neutrals" could also be part of bonus. It's just a matter of the map legend indicating that intention, accordingly.

they would continue to be the same old bastards that implode all your troops standing on them... as usual...
User avatar
Major Kabanellas
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (20) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (2)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby degaston on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Would this include having killer neutrals as part of a win condition? I would really like to use this for my Murder 1 map where going for the winning objective is similar to making an accusation in the game "Clue". If you fail to hold all of the objective territories, then the remaining troops on 1 (or possibly more) of those territories would be lost.
universalchiro wrote:@degaston: whatever dude you win, you have it all figured out. You have out smarted even God.
User avatar
Brigadier degaston
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:12 am
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4)
General Contribution (3)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:23 pm

bigWham wrote:however, if we want to change it across the board i have no problem with that, and it can be done easily... however i am sending this back to Suggestions to make sure we consider all aspects of it.

The suggestion as it is is a good one. No older map will need to be updated or revised if this goes ahead. I would honestly do what you said was easy and move the KN to after bonuses are awarded. As ypu said. easier tp do and just as effective without the headache of having two types of KN in the map process.


degaston wrote:Would this include having killer neutrals as part of a win condition? I would really like to use this for my Murder 1 map where going for the winning objective is similar to making an accusation in the game "Clue". If you fail to hold all of the objective territories, then the remaining troops on 1 (or possibly more) of those territories would be lost.

This will work as the win condition can be made up of a continent.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:33 pm

koontz1973 wrote:The suggestion as it is is a good one. No older map will need to be updated or revised if this goes ahead. I would honestly do what you said was easy and move the KN to after bonuses are awarded. As ypu said. easier tp do and just as effective without the headache of having two types of KN in the map process.
Do you know why thenobodies80 said it would be an issue with existing maps?
show
User avatar
Captain spiesr
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 am

spiesr wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:The suggestion as it is is a good one. No older map will need to be updated or revised if this goes ahead. I would honestly do what you said was easy and move the KN to after bonuses are awarded. As ypu said. easier tp do and just as effective without the headache of having two types of KN in the map process.
Do you know why thenobodies80 said it would be an issue with existing maps?
show

I believe that nobodies was saying that when this goes ahead, it needs to be tested to make sure that no older map becomes effected by the change. When something changes in the way xml is read, it can cause strange things to happen on maps.

Right now, the way the xml is read, it goes,
reinforcements
killer neutrals
bonuses
so what you get is the KN being enacted before bonuses for all maps. If we change it for this suggestion, it will read the xml like this:
reinforcements
bonuses
killer neutrals

We just need to make sure that the old maps with killer neutrals on are not damaged by this. None should, but we just need to make sure we test this more than the other neutral suggestions and on all maps with KN.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 am

koontz1973 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:The suggestion as it is is a good one. No older map will need to be updated or revised if this goes ahead. I would honestly do what you said was easy and move the KN to after bonuses are awarded. As ypu said. easier tp do and just as effective without the headache of having two types of KN in the map process.
Do you know why thenobodies80 said it would be an issue with existing maps?
show

I believe that nobodies was saying that when this goes ahead, it needs to be tested to make sure that no older map becomes effected by the change. When something changes in the way xml is read, it can cause strange things to happen on maps.

Right now, the way the xml is read, it goes,
reinforcements
killer neutrals
bonuses
so what you get is the KN being enacted before bonuses for all maps. If we change it for this suggestion, it will read the xml like this:
reinforcements
bonuses
killer neutrals

We just need to make sure that the old maps with killer neutrals on are not damaged by this. None should, but we just need to make sure we test this more than the other neutral suggestions and on all maps with KN.

I'm in agreement with koontz on this. The only way this would effect existing maps is for adding a small bonus for a larger territory count. This would only greatly effect maps like Salem's Switch and Trench Warfare. And when I say greatly, I meant like 1-2 additional troops at most before having a lot of terts nuked.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class chapcrap
 
Posts: 9676
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 191
Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (18) Clan Achievement (23) Training Achievement (6)
Challenge Achievement (5) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (8)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'm in agreement with koontz on this. The only way this would effect existing maps is for adding a small bonus for a larger territory count. This would only greatly effect maps like Salem's Switch and Trench Warfare. And when I say greatly, I meant like 1-2 additional troops at most before having a lot of terts nuked.

This is what nobodies was on about. These maps that have lots of killers on them would provide additional troops before the killer is implemented. But the two maps that have been mentioned above, both would cost more troops to take than what you would yield in a bonus. So GP wise, nothing will change, but as I said, this will need testing a tad more.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: [XML] Killer neutrals being part of bonus

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:43 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I'm in agreement with koontz on this. The only way this would effect existing maps is for adding a small bonus for a larger territory count. This would only greatly effect maps like Salem's Switch and Trench Warfare. And when I say greatly, I meant like 1-2 additional troops at most before having a lot of terts nuked.

This is what nobodies was on about. These maps that have lots of killers on them would provide additional troops before the killer is implemented. But the two maps that have been mentioned above, both would cost more troops to take than what you would yield in a bonus. So GP wise, nothing will change, but as I said, this will need testing a tad more.

Well, I think it would change a little bit, because as of now, you get no additional troops, so opponents have no need or desire to take the KNs from you, but you definitely would have a bigger (not a lot) desire to hit some of them if they were yielding a bonus. I think it does change GP a little, but not enough for me to care about. The maps should all still be fine as is, IMO.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class chapcrap
 
Posts: 9676
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 191
Event Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (18) Clan Achievement (23) Training Achievement (6)
Challenge Achievement (5) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (8)

Next

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users