Conquer Club

[PC] More Positive and Game Type Explanatory Tags

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[PC] More Positive and Game Type Explanatory Tags

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Concise description:

Specifics:
1)Begin by posting a disclaimer "Ratings are based upon INDIVIDUAL opinions. CC wil not change, reduce or control ratings made by individuals except in cases of EXTREME and repeated abuse." (see rules for detailed explanation of extreme abuse).

OR simply "Ratings are based upon INDIVIDUAL opinions. CC cannot and will not change individual ratings. If you dislike how someone rates, then just don't play them any longer. Over time, those people find they have fewer and fewer partners.

2) Each person rates for the game they are playing ONLY. Ratings from each person are averaged and then those averages are, in turn averaged into an overall rating.

3) eliminate the written comments.

4) change tags.

Personally, I would like to see more balance. Right now, the tags are largely negative.
Poor Sport
Good Sport
plays quickly
Poor strategy
Nice strategy
Bully
Helpful
Learning/trying
Teams up in non-team games
Breaks alliances
Friendly
little chat
Non-english speaker

5) Add the following tags for specific game types only
For Assassin ONLY: Does not understand Assassin play!
For Team play:
Teammates only :Good team mate
Communicates well
Poor communication
Uncooperative

Other team members: Overall good team play (for non teammates)
Overall poor team play (for non teammates)

For Fog ONLY: reveals positions in chat in non-team games.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
1) gives admin a better "fall back" position. I realize its spelled out in rules, to a point, but this is clearer.

2) Just like now, one rating will have minimal effect on someone who plays more than a few games. HOWEVER, this eliminates the need for premiums who play many games to search through the list of "unrated" members to see if they want to change any. People will be more likely to rate ALL games and not just those they win (where the "rate this game" link appears automatically -- if you lose, you have to search). It will also make it impossible for someone to play 100 nice games, but then erase all the good ratings because they got angry once. (if they don't rate except when they are angry, the ratings will still be bad, but this will become obvious in time).

3)Chat really does not make up for the old feedback system (which I fully realize was unweildy) and just adds complication. People can still leave truly inappropriate comments.

4) This is the least critical. I really think more consensus is needed. Those were the ones I could think of now, but I would say to keep the tags as they are unless more people agree new ones are needed. Other parts can be implemented first and tags can follow.

5) This allows more specific tags for games that truly require them. Right now, its hard to find this out.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Ratings - change system (new ideas)

Postby Uncle Death on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Instead of starting a new topic, I'll post my additional request here. How about having new players complete 50 games or more before they are allowed to rate. New players simply haven't had enough experience yet to fairly rate anyone unless it's a matter of rudeness or politenes they wish to comment on.
Major Uncle Death

Re: Ratings - change system (new ideas)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 pm

I once suggested their ratings be separated, only because excluding them would mean plenty of people would take advantage. However, the idea was rejected.

This idea has a lot of threads. Since no one commented and if you have truly distinct ideas, I would say start a new thread (just my personnal opinion.. don't know what admin would say).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Return to Archived Suggestions