Conquer Club

Celery

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Celery

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm eating two stalks at the same time, neat.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby riskllama on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:56 pm

dude, you're a savage.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant riskllama
 
Posts: 8686
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Yeah a fat one.

I rode my daughter's bike today and yesterday too. We mounted it on a stand and I can do five minutes pretty easily provided I have some entertainment. Otherwise I can only ride around half a minute thinking it's been much longer.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby Razorvich on Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:15 am

My daughter makes me buy celery so she can dip it into peanut butter... its actually quite good

I also use it in all my beef stews and pumpkin soup
High Score: 2569
Image
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter
 
Posts: 4312
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:28 am
Location: I'm lost........no Idea where I am....

Re: Celery

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:23 am

You can't be fat. Only murikanz are fat.

Read it here. Hazza be tru.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
User avatar
Sergeant KoolBak
 
Posts: 6567
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 am

Don't be silly. The only reason I have not been in the USA eating at Sonic, Sizzler, Jack n the box and Golden Corral for over a year is because the border is closed. Also lots of people think I'm a murikan.

I am in the process of getting checked out on a different plane. The instructor asked my weight, I can still fit in the little airplane but I'm running out of available numbers on our scale here.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Ballsy, raw celery.
User avatar
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice
Clan Director
Clan Director
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm
2

Re: Celery

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:43 pm

5 Healthy Benefits of Adding Celery to Your Diet

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/health-benefits-of-celery#1.-Celery-is-a-great-source-of-important-antioxidants.

At just 10 calories a stalk, celery’s claim to fame may be that it’s long been considered a low-calorie “diet food.”

But crispy, crunchy celery actually has a number of health benefits that may surprise you. Here are five reasons you should consider adding celery to your diet, plus a few recipes to make it easy.

1. Celery is a great source of important antioxidants.
Antioxidants protect cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage.

Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.


You can read more at the link above
User avatar
Lieutenant jusplay4fun
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Plus after you try to eat it for a few days it tastes horrible.

Yesterday I ate some and had four potato chips ready as a reward for powering through it.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Celery adds a nice crunch to salads and foods. It is a bit stringy for me in a salad, so I tend to eat it plain and by itself. Peanut butter and cheese gets away from the entire dieting mode, to me. I like the aroma in soups and such dishes.

And at this time of year, it is easier to find at the grocery stores. I guess people start to diet and add celery to their menu.

I can it it raw and plain for about 3 days, then it gets "old" in taste and less crisp and less satisfying to me.
User avatar
Lieutenant jusplay4fun
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Celery

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:38 pm

I had heard years ago (before internet) that celery had "negative calories" as it took more energy to digest its fibrous contents than was present in the food. I guess that is not true.

jusplay4fun wrote:5 Healthy Benefits of Adding Celery to Your Diet

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/health-benefits-of-celery#1.-Celery-is-a-great-source-of-important-antioxidants.

At just 10 calories a stalk, celery’s claim to fame may be that it’s long been considered a low-calorie “diet food.”

But crispy, crunchy celery actually has a number of health benefits that may surprise you. Here are five reasons you should consider adding celery to your diet, plus a few recipes to make it easy.

1. Celery is a great source of important antioxidants.
Antioxidants protect cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage.

Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.


You can read more at the link above
User avatar
Lieutenant jusplay4fun
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Yeah, I'm eating it because I need to snack. Wife said put cheese wizz on it. I figure adding anything will defeat the purpose.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:41 pm

I get an allergic reaction in my mouth when I eat raw celery, but have no issues when it's cooked. Same problem with raw apple and carrots.

f*ck Celery
saxitoxin wrote:If Jerry Brown had run I would not have suppressed the Black vote. I would still have opposed him, but I wouldn't have suppressed the Black vote to do so.
User avatar
Colonel mookiemcgee
 
Posts: 3599
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm
Location: Northern CA

Re: Celery

Postby riskllama on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm

cheez whiz is kind of disgusting, about the only way i'll eat it is on celery.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant riskllama
 
Posts: 8686
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm

I like cheese whiz on toast sometimes. Last time I put it on celery it was kind of disappointing. I definately don't know who is buying those big jars.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby riskllama on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:39 pm

lol, we were shutting down the rig for break up & it was our last night in camp so we were all naturally very drunk & we decided it would be a good idea to pillage the kitchen. i ended up w/2 of those big jars you are referring to. didn't even make it through one & ended up giving the other one away...
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant riskllama
 
Posts: 8686
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: deep inside Queen Charlotte.

Re: Celery

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:45 pm

Back when I still ate that kind of garbage I'd have no trouble going through a jar of Cheese Whiz in a day. The stuff is addictive.

I haven't eaten it in years, but that's because it commits so many nutritional crimes, not because of the taste.
Image
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 25439
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: Celery

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 am

Razorvich wrote:My daughter makes me buy celery so she can dip it into peanut butter... its actually quite good

I also use it in all my beef stews and pumpkin soup

---------I chop celery up and put it in tuna fish sandwiches...Before my daughters eat all the celery with peanut butter
:D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Attachments
EGG 11.png
EGG 11.png (49.8 KiB) Viewed 148 times
User avatar
Major ConfederateSS
 
Posts: 2387
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 pm
Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!
4

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:48 am

Yeah it is ok as an ingredient.

Dukasaur wrote:Back when I still ate that kind of garbage I'd have no trouble going through a jar of Cheese Whiz in a day. The stuff is addictive.


How? Did you just sit down with a spoon and start shoveling until it was gone?
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby KoolBak on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:41 am

:sick:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
User avatar
Sergeant KoolBak
 
Posts: 6567
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: Celery

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 pm

2dimes wrote:Yeah it is ok as an ingredient.

Dukasaur wrote:Back when I still ate that kind of garbage I'd have no trouble going through a jar of Cheese Whiz in a day. The stuff is addictive.


How? Did you just sit down with a spoon and start shoveling until it was gone?


Yeah, pretty much. Actually I would usually approach it with a knife with some vague idea of making a sandwich, but then end up skipping the bread and just eating the cheese with the knife.

But it's also a decent dip for vegetables. Just take a celery or a carrot or a parsnip and dip it right in. Which I suppose brings us full circle to the point of this thread.
Image
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 25439
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Huh, I should boil up some parsnips and investigate. I have boiled carrots in the fridge for snacking. They're pretty good. Probably lower in calories than potato chips.

I'm struggling to avoid burgers and pizza. Managed to cut back significantly.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Re: Celery

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:01 pm

2dimes wrote:Huh, I should boil up some parsnips and investigate. I have boiled carrots in the fridge for snacking. They're pretty good. Probably lower in calories than potato chips.

I'm struggling to avoid burgers and pizza. Managed to cut back significantly.



The only safe way to eat pizza is to just eat the topics. Throw the bread part directly in the garbage.

Ditto for the burgers. Not the best food there is, but as long as you throw the bun in the garbage the rest of the toppings are mostly healthy. Well, not ketchup, of course, but assuming you top them with Lettuce, pickles, jalapenos, HP Sauce and mayonnaise, that's all mostly good stuff. Just make sure you eat Jello afterwards. Sugar-free, of course.
Image
User avatar
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 25439
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
22

Re: Celery

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Yeah yeah, you're a glutonist...

Though I would eat your crazy lettuce wrap burger. Solid condiment choices there. I'm adding tomato and onion though.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 11910
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Unable to sync with satellites.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users