Conquer Club

"Conquer Club Discussion"

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

"Conquer Club Discussion"

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Can we please move CC Discussion below SoC Training Grounds?

Most people who'll visit the forum will want something very CC-related, which is the SoC Training Grounds; therefore, please put it to the top of the list, and put CC Discussion below it.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: "Conquer Club Discussion"

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 pm

It could help..good idea :D
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Cook Assassin07

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:16 am

This is a shitty fucking thread
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Can we please move CC Discussion below SoC Training Grounds?

Most people who'll visit the forum will want something very CC-related, which is the SoC Training Grounds; therefore, please put it to the top of the list, and put CC Discussion below it.

it spent over 3 years above the GD and it didn't help with the "traffic" as prior admins felt it would... the GD is back where it belongs.. now if only the members of the foundry will concede that the general air of "better than you-ness" in that forum is what keeps the traffic down and not where they are on the list...-Jésus noir™
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:51 pm

owenshooter wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Can we please move CC Discussion below SoC Training Grounds?

it spent over 3 years above the GD and it didn't help with the "traffic" as prior admins felt it would... the GD is back where it belongs.. now if only the members of the foundry will concede that the general air of "better than you-ness" in that forum is what keeps the traffic down and not where they are on the list...-Jésus noir™

But how do you know this?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby owenshooter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

look at the numbers. period. and i'm sorry, it spent FIVE years above the GD... in that 5 years, they have managed 13 pages of topics... 13 whole pages... *eyes rolling*...-Jésus noir™
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:39 pm

owenshooter wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

look at the numbers. period. and i'm sorry, it spent FIVE years above the GD... in that 5 years, they have managed 13 pages of topics... 13 whole pages... *eyes rolling*...-Jésus noir™

You're wrong because "look at the numbers. period." (This is not an effective way to make your point).

Also, how does a correlation = causation?

It just seems that you affected a change mainly because you wanted it to be a certain way--not because of any good evidence. If you scream loud enough, I guess they'll listen. That's probably been one of the biggest problems on this site: a loud minority creating changes to CC which causes consequences that are dispersed among the majority.

For example, a few busybodies wanted changes to freestyle, freestyle became changed, and then numerous people stopped playing, but the consequences are hardly felt by the few busybodies. They also seem to be very busy blaming others too, or they make lame excuses like "look at the numbers," or "it was the right thing to do," or "[insert unfounded claim here]."
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:It just seems that you affected a change mainly because you wanted it to be a certain way--not because of any good evidence. If you scream loud enough, I guess they'll listen. That's probably been one of the biggest problems on this site: a loud minority creating changes to CC which causes consequences that are dispersed among the majority.

For example, a few busybodies wanted changes to freestyle, freestyle became changed, and then numerous people stopped playing, but the consequences are hardly felt by the few busybodies. They also seem to be very busy blaming others too, or they make lame excuses like "look at the numbers," or "it was the right thing to do," or "[insert unfounded claim here]."

*cough*... you mean like the admin that decided to move all of those forums ABOVE the GD in an effort to increase traffic? the same admin that promised to show the data that proved it worked, but never did?! ohhhh, i get it... sorry, they just put the GD back where it belonged... if your argument for having the SUC at the top of the forum held any water, My Cousin Vinny would be joining the SUC right now...-Jésus noir™

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:33 pm

how is this going for you?! any word from the mod squad yet?! kind of cool how the traffic in the GD is showing the rest of the forum how it's supposed to be done!!! people talking, posting, interacting... discourse over multiple topics... isn't stagnate... entertaining at times to browse... bit of an uptick since the move, also... anyway, just wondering how this request is progressing up the ladder...

alright, back to my games and global chat!!! have a great afternoon!!! good luck with the dice!!!-Jésus noir

p.s.-sorry about the double post, just didn't want this sliding to the bottom of the page, i know it means a bunch to you, buddy...
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:22 pm

owenshooter wrote:

how is this going for you?! any word from the mod squad yet?! kind of cool how the traffic in the GD is showing the rest of the forum how it's supposed to be done!!! people talking, posting, interacting... discourse over multiple topics... isn't stagnate... entertaining at times to browse... bit of an uptick since the move, also... anyway, just wondering how this request is progressing up the ladder...

alright, back to my games and global chat!!! have a great afternoon!!! good luck with the dice!!!-Jésus noir

p.s.-sorry about the double post, just didn't want this sliding to the bottom of the page, i know it means a bunch to you, buddy...

Yes, owen. I'm enthusiastic about confirmation bias as well.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby owenshooter on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Yes, owen. I'm enthusiastic about confirmation bias as well.

you know i love you!!!-Jésus noir

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:38 pm

owenshooter wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Yes, owen. I'm enthusiastic about confirmation bias as well.

Oh wise and crafty, black jesus. Ever since GD was bumped up and OT was bumped down, there's been a flurry of activity in OT. Also, CC is still declining. What's your Mega CC theory that explains these recent events?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Oh wise and crafty, black jesus. Ever since GD was bumped up and OT was bumped down, there's been a flurry of activity in OT. Also, CC is still declining. What's your Mega CC theory that explains these recent events?

what does the forum have anything to do with CC membership?! do you truly think the forum can turn around the site? ha!!! you are cute... ideas have come from the forum that are being implemented, true... but the forum is not going to be a selling point to new members!! you are not THAT daft, you are a bright guy, come on!!! we all know that less than 1% of CC'ers ever visit the forums... BW is making an effort to re-ignite the fire in the forums, but it isn't a selling point to new members... in terms of the GD, we are golden!!!-Jésus noir

p.s.-some would argue that the forum contributed to the decline of the site!!! you know, glut of maps, rule changes, etc...
Last edited by owenshooter on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:47 am

owenshooter wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

what does the forum have anything to do with CC membership?! less than 1% of CC'ers ever visit the forums... we are golden!!!-Jésus noir

Well, I actually (mostly) agree with that statement. The forums have very little impact on CC membership. And yet, it's you who always tries to blame the decline of CC on the elimination of flame wars and the heavy-handed forum moderation that went on in 2009.

So, you can't argue both sides. Either it's true that the forums have very little impact on CC membership, or it's true that the decline of CC is due to the over-moderation of the forums in 2009, but they can't both be true.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:The forums have very little impact on CC membership. And yet, it's you who always tries to blame the decline of CC on the elimination of flame wars and the heavy-handed forum moderation that went on in 2009.

So, you can't argue both sides. Either it's true that the forums have very little impact on CC membership, or it's true that the decline of CC is due to the over-moderation of the forums in 2009, but they can't both be true.

yeah, that isn't accurate... i said those things contributed to the demise of the forum and the forum community, not the site... i have never tied the forum to the overall membership of the site... keep it all straight... again, less than 1% of CC'ers ever visit the forums... you have just been Jesus smacked...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:53 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:The forums have very little impact on CC membership. And yet, it's you who always tries to blame the decline of CC on the elimination of flame wars and the heavy-handed forum moderation that went on in 2009.

yeah, that isn't accurate... i said those things contributed to the demise of the forum and the forum community, not the site... i have never tied the forum to the overall membership of the site... keep it all straight... again, less than 1% of CC'ers ever visit the forums... you have just been Jesus smacked...-Jésus noir

ok.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:19 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Oh wise and crafty, black jesus. Ever since GD was bumped up and OT was bumped down, there's been a flurry of activity in OT. Also, CC is still declining. What's your Mega CC theory that explains these recent events?

and, i would hardly considered a concentrated effort by members to create a bunch of parody threads... many of them racist, as proof of an uptick in that forum. let's look at these wonderful threads:

Subject: Why do Chinese sound like hens clucking when they talk?
Subject: Why are Israelis so Jewish?
Subject: Why Mexicans are so good at mowing lawns and leaf blowing?
Subject: Why are Australians such cunts?

throwing up a bunch of threads that receive 2-5 posts and increase the thread/post count in your forum, is truly showing the GD what a real forum is made of... you are ridiculous... i don't understand why you are so hurt by the GD being moved back to where it was, prior to the GREAT FORUM EXPERIMENT... suck it up cupcake...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:43 pm

owenshooter wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Oh wise and crafty, black jesus. Ever since GD was bumped up and OT was bumped down, there's been a flurry of activity in OT. Also, CC is still declining. What's your Mega CC theory that explains these recent events?

and, i would hardly considered a concentrated effort by members to create a bunch of parody threads... many of them racist, as proof of an uptick in that forum. let's look at these wonderful threads:

Subject: Why do Chinese sound like hens clucking when they talk?
Subject: Why are Israelis so Jewish?
Subject: Why Mexicans are so good at mowing lawns and leaf blowing?
Subject: Why are Australians such cunts?

throwing up a bunch of threads that receive 2-5 posts and increase the thread/post count in your forum, is truly showing the GD what a real forum is made of... you are ridiculous... i don't understand why you are so hurt by the GD being moved back to where it was, prior to the GREAT FORUM EXPERIMENT... suck it up cupcake...-Jésus noir

I'm sorry. I tried getting at least half-way through your post and fell asleep. What were you saying?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 pm

What baffles me is the same 20 people go on and on about the forums, which have just about zero influence on this site other than a few people making suggestions that have little to do with them, and f*ck up the game... you know... the important part of he site, and trash gameplay for players that actually play. Who the f*ck cares what subject is on what line..Christ...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 am

can we get an update on this effort? is this still an issue or are we all good now with the way the forum has shook out for this go round? just seeing if this movement had any traction yet... updates? thanks...-Jésus noir

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 pm

owenshooter wrote:

can we get an update on this effort? is this still an issue or are we all good now with the way the forum has shook out for this go round? just seeing if this movement had any traction yet... updates? thanks...-Jésus noir

I don't think the current forum configuration is optimal, but it's such a small issue that I can't be bothered getting involved when there is so much else to be done. To be honest, I think BBS' suggestion was sound. We would like the SoC to be the first stop for new players and logically I would put that higher, but I won't fight about it.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I don't think the current forum configuration is optimal, but it's such a small issue that I can't be bothered getting involved when there is so much else to be done. To be honest, I think BBS' suggestion was sound. We would like the SoC to be the first stop for new players and logically I would put that higher, but I won't fight about it.

it was higher... it still didn't get traction... are they still limited in only teaching one style of play? i remember i actually wanted to join before, long ago, but the games they taught didn't interest me... wondering if they have swapped it up any... and duk, we all know the things you sticky and your lack of "general forum knowledge", so i won't even take your statements under advisement... however, you are still my FOREVER DATE at Baskin Robbins!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

it was higher... it still didn't get traction... are they still limited in only teaching one style of play? i remember i actually wanted to join before, long ago, but the games they taught didn't interest me... wondering if they have swapped it up any... and duk, we all know the things you sticky and your lack of "general forum knowledge", so i won't even take your statements under advisement... however, you are still my FOREVER DATE at Baskin Robbins!!!-Jésus noir

They teach large escalating games and team games. To start teaching all game styles would be rather stupid.

Either way, the forum is shit.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:29 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:They teach large escalating games and team games. To start teaching all game styles would be rather stupid.

see, that is news to me... had no idea they had branched out.. and i agree, teaching all would be too overwhelming.. i just remember the one type of game they offered at the start was not my cup of cocaine, so i passed...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 pm

owenshooter wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:They teach large escalating games and team games. To start teaching all game styles would be rather stupid.

see, that is news to me... had no idea they had branched out.. and i agree, teaching all would be too overwhelming.. i just remember the one type of game they offered at the start was not my cup of cocaine, so i passed...-Jésus noir

They've done team training for quite a while now; doubles, triples and quads. They do it well too, although I question the ability of some of the teachers, others are top notch.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion