Conquer Club

CC Map Masters II - The Ultimate 1v1 Battle!

The official source of Conquer Club news

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC Map Masters II - The Ultimate 1v1 Battle!

Postby shoop76 on Fri May 03, 2024 7:11 am

Excited to announce that we will run this again. Another 5 year battle.

Before we begin I would like to discuss if any changes are necessary. Thanks all for participating and your input.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Re: CC Map Masters II - The Ultimate 1v1 Battle!

Postby plurple on Fri May 03, 2024 7:35 am

shoop76 wrote:Excited to announce that we will run this again. Another 5 year battle.

Before we begin I would like to discuss if any changes are necessary. Thanks all for participating and your input.

Only thing I can think off the top of my head would be nice to be able to see each players average score per tournament i.e.
I have gotten 429 points in the current iteration over 82 maps and so an average of 5.23 points a tournament :D But is a nice way to compare with the players at the top if you don't mange/want to play all of the maps.

I am looking forward to being able to play the maps at the beginning that I wasn't able to play as was off the site :D

I was quite happy with the format but that is because I am not a huge fan of trench or poly so glad neither were in the tournaments :D
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dukasaur on Fri May 03, 2024 7:30 pm

I think it was too much. Yeah, it was an epic, but other events suffered in the meantime.

I know in my case, the huge game load involved in keeping up with this pretty much prevented me from seriously participating in many other tournaments.

I was really hoping to go with some smaller events once this wraps up.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby morleyjoe on Fri May 03, 2024 8:20 pm

How about doing the same format, but do the top 50 most played maps, starting with #50? Would be done in a year, or make it every 2 weeks and it takes 2 years. You could also have a huge poll to determine which 50 maps they should be?
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby Kotaro on Sat May 04, 2024 6:14 am

I am excited to be able to participate in the full event. I disagree with the above comments, as people aren't required to play it all and can come/go as they please, while nerds like I can play (and lose) them all.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby uckuki on Sat May 04, 2024 11:37 pm

I liked playing and would play it again.
=D>

for those looking for quads action:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=241044#p5323102
FOED
:)
Major uckuki

Postby Scarlet Lady on Sun May 05, 2024 4:30 am

Kotaro wrote:I am excited to be able to participate in the full event. I disagree with the above comments, as people aren't required to play it all and can come/go as they please, while nerds like I can play (and lose) them all.

I agree, as one of those nerds that played them all. Maybe the iteration period could be extended from 2 to 3-4 weeks which would buy some time to reduce game load and allow for breaks/holidays (and forgetting to join :?)
Captain Scarlet Lady

Postby j1mathman on Sun May 05, 2024 5:28 pm

Scarlet Lady wrote:
Kotaro wrote:I am excited to be able to participate in the full event. I disagree with the above comments, as people aren't required to play it all and can come/go as they please, while nerds like I can play (and lose) them all.

I agree, as one of those nerds that played them all. Maybe the iteration period could be extended from 2 to 3-4 weeks which would buy some time to reduce game load and allow for breaks/holidays (and forgetting to join :?)

I think increasing the time between maps would be good too, but would the whole thing last like 4 years then? perhaps, we could increase the time between maps but crown a yearly winner or something, and an overall winner when it ends? or a prize for categories of maps that would be cool
Colonel j1mathman

Postby Scarlet Lady on Sun May 05, 2024 7:46 pm

j1mathman wrote:
Scarlet Lady wrote:

I think increasing the time between maps would be good too, but would the whole thing last like 4 years then? perhaps, we could increase the time between maps but crown a yearly winner or something, and an overall winner when it ends? or a prize for categories of maps that would be cool

No it would only extend it by a few weeks as a new map would still be introduced every week, but you would have more time to join it.
Captain Scarlet Lady

Postby kizkiz on Mon May 06, 2024 5:21 am

Amazing news! :D =D>
Got to keep all the maps. No messing around with that. If people find it too hard to play other tournaments at the same time, that's their problem. Not like it's much of a workload in reality.
The only change really would be to ban untouchable as he's too good :lol:
...mind you, demy probably has the highest points to games percentage
Major kizkiz

Postby dhallmeyer on Mon May 06, 2024 10:18 am

Several ideas.

---I like the Top 50 idea. Could select the 40 maps with the most games played in the previous year, with 10 slots open for public vote.

---As a way of separating the top players, take all the champions from each iteration, and run one more cycle with them to determine the overall champion for each map. More points plus bragging rights.

---Scoring. 1 point per win, and advancement points for making the next round.

---Points per tournament leaderboard and awards.
Captain dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby GaryDenton on Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 pm

I like the idea of keeping the maps for another week or two as people can have real-life interference for a week or two.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Sergeant 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby Mad777 on Sat May 11, 2024 7:03 pm

kizkiz wrote:
The only change really would be to ban untouchable as he's too good :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He has been insanely consistent and good and if I’m not mistaking, he missed several early maps.

GaryDenton wrote:I like the idea of keeping the maps for another week or two as people can have real-life interference for a week or two.

That would be the only change I would agree on, I think extending new map for an additional week should help.
Now, remembering the amount of PM I received from the first edition, players need to get the fact and look for new map coming out EVERY MONDAY!!! If you are an active player and with ongoing game(s) in general, then surely you login at least few minutes daily to make your turn, therefore it’s not complicated to check the central command banner and join the iteration that is open.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby _Untouchable on Sun May 12, 2024 10:54 am

kizkiz wrote:The only change really would be to ban untouchable as he's too good :lol:
...mind you, demy probably has the highest points to games percentage

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In fact I might grant this request ;)
I enjoyed a lot this event, but I plan to play much fewer tournaments from now on...
I hadn't noticed, but you're right: demy has a higher points to games ratio than me! Congrats to him =D>
Brigadier _Untouchable

Postby Silvertop on Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 am

put me in :D
Sergeant Silvertop

Postby Lo Pan on Fri May 17, 2024 1:25 pm

round 1: half the field gets first action in 2 of 3 matches
round 2: it switches, those who were first to act in only 1, are now first to act in 2 of 3.
scores don't reset after round 2, top seed faces lowest remaining seed and gets advantage of first to act in 2 of 3 until final in which they get 3 out 5.

if you keeps the maps available for an extra week or two, maybe just add an additional one or two maps to quench the thirst of those who feel the need to have hundreds of games going at once.

and of course ban untouchable!
Colonel Lo Pan

Return to Announcements