Conquer Club

New Game - Retaliation: Enemy Mine

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Would you like to see Retaliation: Enemy Mine on CC

Yes!
28%
Maybe - if it was integrated in the right way
33%
Not sure
4%
No
36%

Total votes : 80

New Game - Retaliation: Enemy Mine

Postby bigWham on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:55 pm

We are pleased to announce a partnership with the fine people, and Conquer Club fans, of Forgotten Empires.

Following on from their work on the Age of Empires franchise, they have partnered with an Italian game dev company to produce a great new game - Retaliation: Enemy Mine.

The game is based on a board game that was inspired by the board game 'Risk'. So if you like CC, you may just enjoy Retaliation: Enemy Mine!

Currently Retaliation is available as a playable demo, in PC, Mac, Android and web formats.

We've teamed up with the idea that Conquer Clubbers may like to see the game in CC as well. I've created a poll on that above.

So...

• Check out the Retaliation: Enemy Mine Demo
  • If you enjoy the demo, help the team get it greenlit on Steam (NOTE: need to be an active Steam member. Links on the demo page or here)
  • Getting greenlit will help their team improve the game for final release, and also, if we like it, create a CC version of it.
  • Vote in the poll above
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: New Game - Retaliation: Enemy Mine

Postby Serbia on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:16 pm

So when are you going to shutter CC and move on to something more profitable?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby redbull168 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:11 am

1.Tell them to put up a forums on their website.
2. I do like some of their game modes (dice,% based,&# based)
3.id prefer if your going to add things such as this (it should be offered as packaged deal with premium or something along those lines)
It does have potential albeit a ways off.
Cook redbull168

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 am

redbull168 wrote:1.Tell them to put up a forums on their website.

Why not use our forums then?

Also, +1 to what Serbia said. It seems this place is getting less and less risk.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby grt on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Not sure why people have such a downer on these suggestions. I see nothing wrong with this - it enhances the site. Risk is at the core and we have a whole host of maps with many game options and tournaments. If other features are made available and some players enjoy them then what's the harm.
Captain grt

Postby Serbia on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:03 pm

grt wrote:Not sure why people have such a downer on these suggestions. I see nothing wrong with this - it enhances the site. Risk is at the core and we have a whole host of maps with many game options and tournaments. If other features are made available and some players enjoy them then what's the harm.

I'll tell you why I'm down on it. FIX THE GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE! I've been on this site for 8 years, and I have 8 years worth of suggestions here. Give us a sorting tool for the maps. Give us a valid account sitting feature, so that abuses can be minimized. There are many more suggestions which many people have wanted for many years, and instead, we get CHESS??! Worry about improving THIS game first, and adding other "diversions" only after you've got this game perfect.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Serbia wrote:
grt wrote:Not sure why people have such a downer on these suggestions. I see nothing wrong with this - it enhances the site. Risk is at the core and we have a whole host of maps with many game options and tournaments. If other features are made available and some players enjoy them then what's the harm.

I'll tell you why I'm down on it. FIX THE GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE! I've been on this site for 8 years, and I have 8 years worth of suggestions here. Give us a sorting tool for the maps. Give us a valid account sitting feature, so that abuses can be minimized. There are many more suggestions which many people have wanted for many years, and instead, we get CHESS??! Worry about improving THIS game first, and adding other "diversions" only after you've got this game perfect.

Bollocks.

Everyone has a different opinion on what would make it perfect and different "visions" for the site can be found everywhere. People have also asked for other games (like chess and others) during that 8 year pile of suggestions and comments throughout the site.

You're also talking add ons, not fixes.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Serbia on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:59 pm

IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

Everyone has a different opinion on what would make it perfect and different "visions" for the site can be found everywhere. People have also asked for other games (like chess and others) during that 8 year pile of suggestions and comments throughout the site.

LOL no I'm not. I don't want some firefox add on to sort the maps; I want something integrated into the site. I don't want some optional add on which no one will use for account sitting; I want something integrated into the site, otherwise it will be worthless. Come on IP, you're better than that.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby hopalong on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 pm

i voted no, then my chatglove reset ... suspicious!
Major hopalong

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Serbia wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

LOL no I'm not. I don't want some firefox add on to sort the maps; I want something integrated into the site. I don't want some optional add on which no one will use for account sitting; I want something integrated into the site, otherwise it will be worthless. Come on IP, you're better than that.

Bollocks.

Again, those aren't fixes. Those are add ons being requested that don't exist onsite (ie new feature). I didn't refer to grease monkey add ons.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:45 am

IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

Again, those aren't fixes. Those are add ons being requested that don't exist onsite (ie new feature). I didn't refer to grease monkey add ons.

So by your definition something can't be fixed by adding something on?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Serbia on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:29 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

So by your definition something can't be fixed by adding something on?

^ This. Isn't everything an "add on" then?? Do you consider chess and inventory to be add ons? Fine, I'll play your stupid semantics game. Prioritize your add ons in a more logical fashion; give us add ons which will improve the existing game BEFORE giving us add ons that have absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the current game. Does this language suit your sensibilities?

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby blackdragon1661 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:30 am

I'm fairly new, so maybe my word isn't worth as much as others. I can see that chess was obviously a failure. Hardly anybody is ever there, and nobody gives or accepts any challenges. I do think that there is still some work that could be done here: such as finalizing some Beta maps, etc.

I voted maybe, depending on how it was integrated. I see that is what most people put, and the others either said a straight yes or no. I do not know if you want to make it like chess, which is a sort of secondary game on this site, and not the main game, or put it on the same level as RISK, which is accessible to everyone,and what is the first thing that pops up when you log in. I think that if CC were to integrate Retaliation, it should be equal to RISK. I do not know exactly to say what I am thinking, but maybe something like when you first log in, the page comes up with two banners, one saying RISK and the other Retaliation, so you can choose which game to go to, and then have a menu or home button to get you back where you can switch between games. Maybe that is a little far-fetched, but it is just an idea that I had.
Corporal 1st Class blackdragon1661

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:35 am

Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=192422
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:25 pm

I think its is a great idea... Anything that could possibly bring fresh blood to this site is healthy. IMO the biggest issue with this site lack of marketing...Not offering any solutions to that as it customer acquisition generally has a significant cost to it, but "free" marketing through partnerships like this seem to be a no brainer to me.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby csol4846 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:44 pm

hi, Intigration could be ok and bring new people in. Before that you should reprogram bots for higher level strategy, assign levels that correspond to player ratings. When live games are waiting, it would be great to have a rapid bot game against competitive bots. Not ones programed to let you win. Players could have 2 ratings, 1 vs human, 1 vs bots. I think this would keep people interested, which is why people leave. You don't need gimicks(stars, etc), active game play is needed.
Now i'm going to go check out the link
Captain csol4846

Postby FrenchPupil on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Well, looking at the link and video ... this is just a different game ... maybe with some similarities, common culture etc ... but it's something different from the game we are enjoying here.

Just keep the conquer club offer clear and simple ... and work on improving it ... so it's easier, faster and funnier to play with ...
I am not taking about fixing bugs slowing down the system ... but implementing new features, keep working on the ergonomic of the site ...

Maybe in the direction below :

- Unleash the browser add on script ... and make them available to all with a direct implementation ...
(so many clan script or browser add on - don't know how to call it - i cannot use as i am a mac users or just don't know too because it's to complex to install or find )

- Update the Inbox / PM system to new technologies ... so it is easier to browse, move and erase pm ...
(honestly using it take so much time ... incredible ... )

One more thing ... please ... don't answer me to post in the suggestion thread ...

Best to All,
Major FrenchPupil

Postby Tviorr on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 pm

I have nothing against it, especially as it seems like something a 3rd party is developing and thus there is little chance of leeching programming power from the development of CC itself.

Ive seen slower and faster developing games than CC, but overall, I think it progresses at a decent pace.

Tried the game and as someone said above it has some potential. - A few touches seem to be missing.

Cant get the split army to work though that could be me. Cant move through other friendly units, which should be possible.

Seems somewhat slowpaced which I have trouble seeing changing. - Multiplayer would have to be speed games and possibly freestyle/sametime as well to work. I think everyone would be dead before a game with 8 players actually finished if not. Multiplayer maps would also need some pretty great production squares in the center/natural borders for multiplayer gameplay to work. Otherwise strategically players will have to sit back and cover their production squares.

Even with rather heavy work on this, I dont see the game becoming fast enough to hold my interest for any length of time. And I usually like stuff slow ;-)

Seems a decent effort. Will keep an eye on it as it develops, but based on the fact that I have trouble seeing myself getting involved beyond a couple of trial games, Ive put my vote on No. - Not cause I dont want it if it generates interest for other players, but simply because I think straight feedback is better for whoever is developing the game. Dont see myself playing it.

On the upside, I like most of the interfaces for their simplicity and the tutorials are pretty good.
Major Tviorr

Postby Mad777 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

Serbia wrote:I'll tell you why I'm down on it. FIX THE GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE! I've been on this site for 8 years, and I have 8 years worth of suggestions here. Give us a sorting tool for the maps. Give us a valid account sitting feature, so that abuses can be minimized. There are many more suggestions which many people have wanted for many years, and instead, we get CHESS??! Worry about improving THIS game first, and adding other "diversions" only after you've got this game perfect.

Bollocks.

+1
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby jcmagno on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:24 am

I wanna play Risk! :) don't wanna play chess or retalation:you... ;) if i wanna play another game go another site lol...
General jcmagno

Return to Announcement Archives