Several maps in the USA have not been decided. These are indicated in the original list by "TBA". These contests are being run to determine the best maps to represent states which have not already been decided.
This contest is the fourth in the series, and it is here to determine the map which best represents Mississippi.
Suggestions and reasoning:
- Patch Wars (the teddy bear was inspired when Teddy Roosevelt -- on a hunting trip in Mississippi -- refused to shoot a captured bear)
- Africa (Mississippi is the state with the highest percentage of African-Americans in the U.S.)
- Steamworks (Fred and Al Key of Meridian, Mississippi, set the world record for keeping a plane aloft, 27 days 5 hours 34 minutes)
- Space (In Star Trek, Dr. McCoy studied at the University of Mississippi Medical Centre)
- First Nations Americas (Mississippi is home to two Native American Indian tribes, both of which are featured on the First Nations Americas map)
- Age of Merchants (The Mississippi river was and still is a hugely important trading trunk, and was incredibly important in helping the U.S. grow)
- Fractured America (On the Fractured America map, Mississippi is spelled Missippi, which will make it the most unique use of that territory)
- Doodle Earth (To remember "counting mississippily", and because it will produce fast rounds!)
General Rules of the Contest
- There can be no duplications. A map that is already assigned to another state cannot be used again.
- Before a poll is put up, the thread will be open for at least a few days for people to add suggestions.
- Anyone can make a suggestion, but please limit yourself to one suggestion.
If the list is short, I may accept a 2nd suggestion from people who have already made one.
- Once the poll has been posted, no more suggestions will be accepted.
- The poll will run for at least a week.
- Once the poll closes, if any suggestion has a majority of the votes, it will be accepted.
- If no suggestion has a majority, but the top suggestion has more votes than the 2nd and 3rd place suggestions combined, it will be accepted.
- If neither of those is true, the top 3 suggestions will be referred to the Community Team for a final decision.
- The person who made the winning suggestion will get a lovely GA medal.
- If the winner was chosen by clear majority or by the "1>(2+3)" rule, then the winner will also get 1000 credits!
- If the winner was chosen by a Community Team shortlist procedure, then the winner will get 400 credits and the authors of the other two suggestions on the shortlist will get 300 credits each.