Brought to you by the Community Team.
Almost half of Conquer Club's members (49.3% at the moment) are American, and thus it is fitting that we do something special to celebrate the United States. Starting this July 4th, we will have a special USA Supertournament.
Basic Structure: Each week for 50 weeks, there will be a tournament representing one of the 50 states, followed by 3 "bonus" weeks representing D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Pacific possessions. Each of the 50 state tournaments will be identical in structure. Only the map will change. (The three bonus weeks may be slightly different from the basic 50.)
Weekly tournaments: Each tournament will be for 24 premium players. Each will have seven rounds: one round of 1v1, one round of 4-player Standard, one round of 6-player Terminator, one round of 8-player Assassin, two rounds of Polymorphic, and one round of Doubles with a random partner. Every tournament will result in a score.
Joining: Each tournament will re-iterate for one week. (In other words, as soon as one copy of the tournament fills, a new copy will be created, for one week.) You may only join one copy of each weekly tournament. There is no limit to how many you can join in total. Thus, you can join every week. There is no cost to join, but you must be a Premium member. Also, to qualify for the major prizes you must remain Premium to the end.
States and maps: The following is a list of the weekly states and maps representing them. In some cases, where we have an actual map representing the state (New Jersey, California, etc.) the choice of map is totally obvious. In others, such as Dust Bowl for Oklahoma or Pearl Harbour for Hawaii, we have a map with a very strong connection. Some of the others, the connection is more tenuous, and there are some where we are still undecided about the best map to represent the state. This are shown below as (map TBA), and in the coming weeks we will have forum polls to fill those vacancies.
- Alabama -- Cuban Missile Crisis
- Alaska -- District of Alaska
- Arizona -- Oasis
- Arkansas -- Phillipines (Douglas MacArthur was from Arkansas)
- California -- California
- Colorado -- Supermax Prison Riot (CO is location of the original Supermax)
- Connecticut -- Conquer 4
- Delaware -- USA (the first state to ratify the Constitution)
- Florida -- Tribal Wars Florida
- Georgia -- Battle for Iraq!
- Hawaii -- Pearl Harbor
- Idaho -- USA West (not actually on the USA West maps, but the four states that are have better representatives already)
- Illinois -- Chicago
- Indiana -- Conquer 500 (Indy 500)
- Iowa -- Quad Cities
- Kansas -- Halloween Hallows (Dorothy from Kansas, killed the witch in Wizard of Oz.)
- Kentucky -- Circus Maximus (Kentucky Derby)
- Louisiana -- Rail USA (New Orleans is 5th largest center on Rail USA map -- the other four are already represented)
- Maine -- France (named for province in France, and settled by French in 1604, 3 years before any British settlement in North America.)
- Maryland -- British Isles
- Massachusetts -- Salem's Switch
- Michigan -- Great Lakes (the most "Great Laky" of the Great Lakes states)
- Minnesota -- Conquer Man (Billy Mitchell got the first perfect score on Pac Man and is from Minnesota)
- Mississippi -- First Nations Americas
- Missouri -- Route 66
- Montana -- First Nations North America (Home to 12 native tribes, with 7 major reservations, and a wealth of native history)
- Nebraska -- USApocalypse
- Nevada -- Poker Club
- New Hampshire -- USA New England
- New Jersey -- New Jersey
- New Mexico -- USA Southwest
- New York -- NYC
- North Carolina -- Pirates & Merchants
- North Dakota -- North America (North Dakota hypothetical geographic centre of North America
- Ohio -- USA Great Lakes
- Oklahoma -- Dust Bowl
- Oregon -- Portland
- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Rhode Island -- 13 Colonies
- South Carolina -- Charleston
- South Dakota -- 4 Star Meats
- Tennessee -- USA Southeast
- Texas -- Texas Wars
- Utah -- Hive (the Beehive State)
- Vermont -- (map TBA)
- Virginia -- American Civil War
- Washington -- Puget Sound
- West Virginia -- (map TBA)
- Wisconsin -- Nordic Countries (noted for high Nordic population)
- Wyoming -- USA Rockies
- District of Columbia -- U.S. Senate
- Puerto Rico -- Caribbean Islands
- U.S. Pacific Possessions -- Oceania
Complete list of component tournaments and winners: Follow these links to see detailed lists of the individual tournaments each week, including the winners of completed tournaments.
List 1: Alabama to Louisiana
List 2: Maine to Oklahoma
List 3: Oregon to U.S. Pacific Possessions
Link to scoreboard
Link to jytreberg's spreadsheet
Any issues will be resolved by me, Dukasaur, and my word is final.