Several maps in the USA have not been decided. These are indicated in the original list by "TBA". These contests are being run to determine the best maps to represent states which have not already been decided.
This contest is the fifth in the series, and it is here to determine the map which best represents North Carolina.
Suggestions and reasoning:
- Pirates and Merchants "Several pirates, including Blackbeard, played a role in NC history."
- CCU "The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is the oldest State University in the United States."
- USA 2.1 "First flight at Kitty Hawk. The strategic airports on the U.S.A. 2.0 map reflect the importance of the Wright Brothers' invention on the United States (and the rest of the world)."
- The Citadel "actually located in South Carolina, but SC is already represented."
- Baseball "Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run on US soil in Fayetteville NC. Spring training 1914."
- Chinese Checkers "because it's a symbol of homosexuality and in NC there are 'No Gays Allowed'"
- Ireland : "North Carolina got the biggest population rate of Irish Ulster scots."
- King of the mountains. "Mount Mitchell is located in North Carolina, and is the highest peak of the Appalachian mountains."
- New Zealand "would be an appropriate map because of Richard Pearse, who is also relevant to aviation."
Note: This time, I'm going to try something different. I'm going to invite players to vote for up to three (3) choices.
General Rules of the Contest
- There can be no duplications. A map that is already assigned to another state cannot be used again.
- Before a poll is put up, the thread will be open for at least a few days for people to add suggestions.
- Anyone can make a suggestion, but please limit yourself to one suggestion.
If the list is short, I may accept a 2nd suggestion from people who have already made one.
- Once the poll has been posted, no more suggestions will be accepted.
- The poll will run for at least a week.
- Once the poll closes, if any suggestion has a majority of the votes, it will be accepted.
- If no suggestion has a majority, but the top suggestion has more votes than the 2nd and 3rd place suggestions combined, it will be accepted.
- If neither of those is true, the top 3 suggestions will be referred to the Community Team for a final decision.
- The person who made the winning suggestion will get a lovely GA medal.
- If the winner was chosen by clear majority or by the "1>(2+3)" rule, then the winner will also get 1000 credits!
- If the winner was chosen by a Community Team shortlist procedure, then the winner will get 400 credits and the authors of the other two suggestions on the shortlist will get 300 credits each.