Moderator: Community Team
2dimes wrote:Putting the ass in Ascension.
iAmCaffeine wrote:Not a major update but a good one nonetheless! Did being able to resign in trench casual games get implemented at the same time? 'Cause I've noticed that lately which is new as well.
- Eliminate the loophole by which players avoid taking a card they should have taken by timing out.
- When a player times out, the system will do a check to see if he earned a card (which is to say, made a successful attack during his turn) and if he earned it, will award it to him regardless of whether he ended his turn normally.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- The benefits are twofold:
- Eliminate cheating, especially in nuclear/zombie games. The idea of nuclear is that sometimes you just get the wrong cards and have to nuke yourself. That's part of the risk you take when playing that setting. There are certain players who will cheat the system. When they have four cards they will start timing out to avoid taking a fifth, and thus avoid nuking themselves, thus giving them an advantage over people who play fair. Let's make no mistake. Calling this a "loophole" is really too nice. This is quite simply, a cheat, away to avoid the risk that the setting entails and thereby subvert the spirit of the game.
- While eliminating cheating is my primary concern here, there is an ancillary benefit. Sometimes people time out for unintentional reasons -- their Internet goes down, they get a phone call and forget to finish their turn, whatever. So there will be a secondary benefit for these people.
- The question arises, why this wasn't fixed long ago? In the early days, the site had a tremendous number of speed games going. Running out of time and not getting your card was seen as the price you pay for being too slow. Over time, however, speed games have dwindled. It no longer makes sense the the huge majority of games (24 hour games) to allow a loophole because of speed games. However, in case that is an option you would like to support, I'm okay with an amendment to plug the loophole for 24-hour games only.
king achilles wrote:Coming from this Suggestion:
When you conquer something and you run out of time in a casual Nuclear or Zombie setting, you will now still get a spoil. For now, this only applies to non-speed games. This was released last April 18 and we had to test this on a few games first before announcing this. Sorry for the delay.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users