Conquer Club

Eggcelent Design Contest 2024

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Eggcelent Design Contest 2024

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:11 pm

SoN!c wrote:Yes, because with the same template they all look the same to me :?

And yours don't? I mean, you took a metallic egg and stuck images on there. You used the exact same thing every time and changed the image. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that, people can make awesome designs with found images, (and it's even encouraged for people who can't draw) but your attitude is incredibly bad.

I'm actually mad that you'd make a comment like this. The salt doesn't suit you.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby plurple on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:41 pm

Wish I had had time to take part this year as always congrats to everyone who submitted eggs :D

Though the purple rabbit was robbed :D I would die for them <3<3<3 Image <3<3<3
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 pm

I was not accusing Shannon of abusing a template or something (Neither Sonic who spammed eggs with the same style as well), I wish i knew how to abuse the same template. I was just pointing that those cute eggs are hard to beat. specially for someone like me with no talent for graphic design. Managing an egg was a full day work for me :lol:
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby SoN!c on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:25 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
SoN!c wrote:Yes, because with the same template they all look the same to me :?

And yours don't? I mean, you took a metallic egg and stuck images on there. You used the exact same thing every time and changed the image. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that, people can make awesome designs with found images, (and it's even encouraged for people who can't draw) but your attitude is incredibly bad.

I'm actually mad that you'd make a comment like this. The salt doesn't suit you.

Wow "incredibly bad attitude" just for saying the eggs look the same as last year eggs? Sorry but they do to me. Anyways, i apologise. With salt to go on the eggs :D
Major SoN!c

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:30 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I was not accusing Shannon of abusing a template or something (Neither Sonic who spammed eggs with the same style as well), I wish i knew how to abuse the same template. I was just pointing that those cute eggs are hard to beat. specially for someone like me with no talent for graphic design. Managing an egg was a full day work for me :lol:

I actually made a post after yours detailing how to start creating vector graphics to help people who would like to learn. Then sonic came along with his shitty comment. I have a lot going on in my personal life, and it actually took a long time to make the two Star Wars ones, so it rubbed me the wrong way. (Especially that emoticon he used. :lol: ) I had fun making them though.

I made the lion egg last year from scratch. It took time to come up with the initial design for the lion. You see the little paws, I then reused those paws in each of the designs, but the rest had to be different for each animal, of course. All drawn by myself. I honestly wanted them to look like a set, which is why the feet are the same. I had a lot of fun with the animal ones. Thinking up ways to simplify the features of each animal, and "what can I do next." The rabbit is from the same set as last years. (I might make more of those just for funsies, when I get free time)

It wasn't you I was annoyed with. :D
I've just been a bit stressed lately and things that wouldn't normally annoy me have been annoying me.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SoN!c on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I was not accusing Shannon of abusing a template or something (Neither Sonic who spammed eggs with the same style as well), I wish i knew how to abuse the same template. I was just pointing that those cute eggs are hard to beat. specially for someone like me with no talent for graphic design. Managing an egg was a full day work for me :lol:

I actually made a post after yours detailing how to start creating vector graphics to help people who would like to learn. Then sonic came along with his shitty comment. I have a lot going on in my personal life, and it actually took a long time to make the two Star Wars ones, so it rubbed me the wrong way. (Especially that emoticon he used. :lol: ) I had fun making them though.

I made the lion egg last year from scratch. It took time to come up with the initial design for the lion. You see the little paws, I then reused those paws in each of the designs, but the rest had to be different for each animal, of course. All drawn by myself. I honestly wanted them to look like a set, which is why the feet are the same. I had a lot of fun with the animal ones. Thinking up ways to simplify the features of each animal, and "what can I do next." The rabbit is from the same set as last years. (I might make more of those just for funsies, when I get free time)

It wasn't you I was annoyed with. :D
I've just been a bit stressed lately and things that wouldn't normally annoy me have been annoying me.

Sorry again Shannon.

Still the "incredibly bad attitude" is a bit of an overreaction..?? i mean if saying they look the same is already "incredibly bad attitude" i wonder what people are allowed to say without getting a simple bad attitude "shitty" stamp? (A regular one that is, not the "incredible" one)

Anyways, im sorry - but cant undo the post so ill stay out of it forever. Dont wanna see you mad
Major SoN!c

Postby Shannon Apple on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:38 pm

Constructive criticism is pointing out a flaw and telling someone how they can improve on it. Constructive criticism is good. It is not posting a flyby negative comment to make someone feel bad. I'm just glad that you did it to me and not someone else. Someone who is only learning might actually stop making graphics because of a comment like that.

Anyway, if you can't see how that comment could be construed as a negative, or an insult, there's nothing more I can possibly say.

Have a nice day, evening, night, whatever. I'm just going to leave it there.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SoN!c on Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:24 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Constructive criticism is pointing out a flaw and telling someone how they can improve on it. Constructive criticism is good. It is not posting a flyby negative comment to make someone feel bad. I'm just glad that you did it to me and not someone else. Someone who is only learning might actually stop making graphics because of a comment like that.

Anyway, if you can't see how that comment could be construed as a negative, or an insult, there's nothing more I can possibly say.

Have a nice day, evening, night, whatever. I'm just going to leave it there.

I could say the same Shannon. You called me "shitty" and "incredible bad attitude". How is that for insult? While all i said was the eggs of this year look the same as last years.. C'mon a bit of perspective? I apologised twice even.

Have a dice day
Major SoN!c

Postby Razorvich on Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:03 am

stop with the negative mojo
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Razorvich on Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:11 am

All prizes have been awarded... however there were some errors with Shannons medals... i will get to it in the next few days
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Delf on Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:18 am

I must say, being a "Graphic Designer" must make winning each year quite easy. Can we change the rules so that the designer has to show by calculation the aerodynamics of how the egg would spin when dropped or thrown. LOL

I managed to draw three good attemps on my tablet but didn't own any programs to convert them to "Transparent Background" or so many "Pixals" etc - Damn you Apple Pencil!!.

It's a shame but I'm an ex Flying Instructor and the "can type with two fingers", sort of guy. I know that computers run on "electrickery" and have little demons who can speak binary trapped inside - I'm not totally thick when it comes to computers.
Major Delf

Postby plurple on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 am

Delf wrote:I must say, being a "Graphic Designer" must make winning each year quite easy. Can we change the rules so that the designer has to show by calculation the aerodynamics of how the egg would spin when dropped or thrown. LOL

I managed to draw three good attemps on my tablet but didn't own any programs to convert them to "Transparent Background" or so many "Pixals" etc - Damn you Apple Pencil!!.

It's a shame but I'm an ex Flying Instructor and the "can type with two fingers", sort of guy. I know that computers run on "electrickery" and have little demons who can speak binary trapped inside - I'm not totally thick when it comes to computers.

you should have just given the demons sweats(candy for the Americans) and instructions to convert the files and would have done it for you :D
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Colonel plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Delf on Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:49 pm

Just to clarify, After reading it, it did sound like a winge.

Mine were "Good Attempt" not excellent designs. We are talking kids with a paint brush versus Da vinci.

And Plurple. Damn, I should have thought of bribing the demons, However, I am too scared to try it, as food offerings might attract more "Bugs". LOL

AND I would like to congratulate Shannon Apples. Contribution and time is important. Both were in abundance. Not sure how a template design can be considered negative. It's the inspiration behind the art that matters. And non can doubt that the designs were just that. Inspired.
Major Delf

Postby SoN!c on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:03 pm

yes true

congratz shannon -, good show & very well made =D> =D> =D>; don't think she will love being called Shannon Apples tho 8-)
Major SoN!c

Postby Delf on Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm

SoN!c wrote:yes true

congratz shannon -, good show & very well made =D> =D> =D>; don't think she will love being called Shannon Apples tho 8-)

Hmmm, Bit wary of using the term "Apple" without the express permission of a certain computer manufacturer. I was nervous using the word "I" in case that too would lead to a court battle over copyright. Luckly I only needed to use a Capital "I" so should be okay.

Sorry Shannon Apple for miss-spelling your IGM. But in honesty spelling and I are only occasional lovers.
Major Delf

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:02 pm

Delf wrote:AND I would like to congratulate Shannon Apples. Contribution and time is important. Both were in abundance. Not sure how a template design can be considered negative. It's the inspiration behind the art that matters. And non can doubt that the designs were just that. Inspired.

Thank you. =) And I know "template" wasn't meant as a negative when first mentioned. I honestly didn't use one. I spent a little time drawing up a design for them and then drew them up in Adobe Illustrator. I duplicated the feet across because it was a cute look haha. I actually made a few more than I submitted. :lol: I was having too much fun. And I was having a bit of a rough week.

As for a transparent background, you can do that with online tools like Canva. https://www.canva.com/features/png-maker/

If you have a desktop, consider something like Inkscape. It's a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator and there are so many tutorials on Youtube on how to use it.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Delf on Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 pm

It's the simplicity of the designs I like. Such minimal detail and yet such accurate depiction. No one can dispute they are feet, nor wonder what the eggs are supposed to represent. Where some of the designs lose focus at smaller resolutions. Your's do the opposite. They hold the detail very well and are exactly what CC needs for the eggs. I think many people forget that sometimes, too much detail, like too much information, can be a distraction, not an enhancement.
Major Delf

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives