Conquer Club

I Got A Question

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:43 pm

often andy expressly admits he does not like a map at the start and occasionally even at the end but he still treats them the same and gives them advice and suggestions untill the time is right. Im guessing Keyogi is the same, and as others have said await the changes both to the foundry and to the forums before anythone gets narky
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby mibi on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 pm

hulmey wrote:Lets all get to the point...

CC is a business and i imagine a successful one....Since i first joined it has grown alot. These forums and map making create interest and thus keep people loved and involved with CC...I even enjoy psoting and seeing new maps start and get played on...Its much more fulfilling to me than being in a caln or even making my own tournaments.
I dont even bother posting in other forums on this site.

So to cut to the point i am a premium player and have rights in CC...I would pay much more than the $20 to be able to play on CC and take part in the Map Foundry...Not to play more games but to keep CC on the internet and alive and kicking....

So your wrong Guiscard its not a privelge WE the playes and map makers keep CC alive and if we have a opinon it should be listened and implemented...

You being British know the customer is always right and its not different on CC to a certain point...

So lets go to Qwert's map...Yes he could have gone about things differently and so could alot of people in commenting on his map.

this map deserves to be palyed here on CC....I have about 15 friendsd who play CC most of them with Premiium membership who could not find any fault with his map unlike the more experienced map makers like yourself!!!!

hulmey is right. it stops being a privilege once you pay for it. that doesn't mean lack doesn't have total control, just that he and his bottom line hold obligations to those who pay for the service.

as for CC being successful commercially, i have my doubts.

as for anything else in this thread...

*shrug*
Captain mibi

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:01 pm

im not so sure it is succesful parlty due to lack of adverts (one of the things i love about the site) but once my life clears up a bit i would be more than willing to pay a bit more than it is currently to have a privelege.

Postby hulmey on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:24 pm

i agree...~This is the only site where i will put my money where my mouth is
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby johloh on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:34 pm

i got an idea...you guys should probably stop talking about how youre willing to pay way more than you are for the site...

lol...keep that to yourselves... :shock:
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Postby boberz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:39 pm

no but that is the point if we make it clear the prices might rise by $5-10 something i think would be worthwile for the site, sorry for all those that could not afford this

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions