Conquer Club

Questions about Map Making

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Questions about Map Making

Postby LightInDarkness on Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:16 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a couple maps. Maybe several. Would CC really let me add it to the other maps on this side for people to play on?
I don't know anything about xml. Is that something I must learn to make this happen?
Captain LightInDarkness

Re: Questions about Map Making

Postby HitRed on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:48 pm

LightInDarkness wrote:Hello everyone,

I would like to create a couple maps. Maybe several. Would CC really let me add it to the other maps on this side for people to play on?
I don't know anything about xml. Is that something I must learn to make this happen?

Yes, you can make real maps that will be played on CC.

I can help with XML when needed.

HitRed

Stay focused. Have a very strong thought out idea before you post it. Too much change leads to abandonment.
Captain HitRed

Re: Questions about Map Making

Postby Mad777 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:00 pm

Map got abandoned mostly because they never end turned on Live.

Last set of map released Live was in 2014, then Trafalaxy was exceptionally released in 2018 due to a special Clan event and mainly because it used the same concept of existing map, Trafalgar.

I wish CC would have put more energy on producing more map and faster as there is so much helper and ideas but barely no support as only 1 Mods is in charge.

3,5 years ago and after crazy work and effort, Pi-School was launched in Beta and showed no flaw but few tweak, still not released Live.

While I’m happy to see post like this, many members efforts are turned to waste because CC has no structure, nor willing to have one, to get new Map for us members.

Good luck.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Return to Foundry Discussions