Conquer Club

Sub-Forum for completed maps?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Sub-Forum for completed maps?

Postby Jesse710 on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:42 am

There should be another sub forum for maps that are finished and playable so they are not kept with all the Final Forge and Quenched maps.
Corporal Jesse710

Re: Sub-Forum for completed maps?

Postby gimil on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:10 am

Jesse710 wrote:There should be another sub forum for maps that are finished and playable so they are not kept with all the Final Forge and Quenched maps.

I think the curent set up is fine at the moment, but what i would like to see is an abandoned/vacation thread to get rid of all the rubbish threads out of the main foundry.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby spinwizard on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:13 am

like archives?
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby gimil on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 am

When the new sub forums where introduces i was very much against them. They slowed hte foundry down for a while and no one really visited the ideas forum. But hte more i think about it the more it makes sence to archive maps, like hte way te tournement threads are now organised.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: Sub-Forum for completed maps?

Postby oaktown on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:28 am

Jesse710 wrote:There should be another sub forum for maps that are finished and playable so they are not kept with all the Final Forge and Quenched maps.

How is a completed map different than a quenched map? And where would you put Midkemia? Berlin has errors to be corrected (as have other quenched/completed maps) so would you move that map back into the forge?

The Forge is fine - forging maps are stickied and at the top, quenched/completed maps drop down. And there are so few forging maps at any given time (five-six?), it's not as if they are hard to find.

But we do need a subforum for dead projects - call it the Graveyard. It would be fun to stroll around the Graveyad and find a map you'd like to Resurrect. :twisted:

I also think we need a subforum to discuss Foundry issues/questions/concerns... I'd like to see the threads that aren't directly map-related (like this one) out of the foundry proper.
Captain oaktown

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:25 pm

I'd be more inclined to create an active discussion sub-forum, than a dead forum that wouldn't be used.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby oaktown on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:55 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd be more inclined to create an active discussion sub-forum, than a dead forum that wouldn't be used.

right, having a dead forum would be tricky - at what point is something moved there? what if somebody comes back to resurrect their map? I guess we already have a dead subforum: pages 2-??.

I just like calling it the Graveyard. :)
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd be more inclined to create an active discussion sub-forum, than a dead forum that wouldn't be used.

--Andy

We already know that if there a sub forum theres less activity in it. I would prefer to keep the main foundry open the way it is just now, but have a "graveyar" as oaktown likes to call it.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

umm

Postby WL_southerner on Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:26 pm

oaktown would that mean there a dead center foundry

every one dieing to get there
friends :- come and go _ i have loads of them
mates :- go and come back_only have a few
Leatsa, dh'fhĂ gainnsa...
Corporal WL_southerner

Postby Jesse710 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:16 am

A quenched map is a map which all errors are probably fixed but it is not playable. When it gets uploaded to the site it is officialy completed. So I am saying we should serperate the completed map from the final forge+quenched maps.
Corporal Jesse710

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 am

Jesse710 wrote:A quenched map is a map which all errors are probably fixed but it is not playable. When it gets uploaded to the site it is officialy completed. So I am saying we should serperate the completed map from the final forge+quenched maps.

why there is absolutly no benefit to production what so ever by doing this.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:07 am

--Andy
Call it the recycle bin
Major WidowMakers

Postby oaktown on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Jesse710 wrote:A quenched map is a map which all errors are probably fixed but it is not playable. When it gets uploaded to the site it is officialy completed. So I am saying we should serperate the completed map from the final forge+quenched maps.

Even uploaded maps aren't always finished... in just the past month we've seen uploaded maps redone because of XML problems, readability issues, copyright problems, and in my case bad spelling. :oops:
Captain oaktown

Return to Foundry Discussions