Conquer Club

Deciphering Your Feedback

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Deciphering Your Feedback

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:43 pm

I've noticed some authors are stopping what they are doing because feedback seems down.

A small tip for understanding why you might not be getting more feedback...either
everyone agrees with what someone else already said
or
they have nothing new to say.

We discourage reposting the same thing over and over, so you don't see a lot of I agree posts or QFT posts, in fact we view these as spam and if you are doing that a Global Moderator might contact you.

Since we can't repost the same thing 20 times, if one person says something like, "your legend should look different" and then nobody else says anything that probably means we all think your legend should look different.

In any case, until you post a new update or pose a new question I doubt anyone is going to say anything more. So if you find yourself waiting for days or even weeks without a response to your map you need to take initiative and do something or it will drift off the front page.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby gimil on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 pm

to add to that the key to feedback is constant updates. If your are responding to feedback with rebuttels or updates the community will take your map more seriously, this is because the community can see the constant progress.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:29 pm

hmm,i think that number of people who participiate in Map foundry is drasticly drop,and these is main problem why map makers dont get feedback,and these in near future can be very serious problem,and map will stay not week,will stay for month in one place,geting minor number of feedback.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 pm

qwert wrote:hmm,i think that number of people who participiate in Map foundry is drasticly drop,and these is main problem why map makers dont get feedback,and these in near future can be very serious problem,and map will stay not week,will stay for month in one place,geting minor number of feedback.

Even in that case constant updates should be maintained, even if its for very minor issues. If someone looks at a map and doesnt see there issues being addressed they are more likely to not come back than if there being taken into consideration.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby edbeard on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:31 pm

no offense to any map makers out there, but quite a few of us are guilty of working pretty much solely on their own maps and not giving feedback to others. If we all gave each other feedback, we wouldn't have a 'not enough feedback' problem.

It can be frustrating giving all sorts of feedback and never seeing anything come back. That's not WHY we give the feedback, but still it is very noticeable.

There's not enough people around for all of us to only work on our own maps.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I've been trying to leave feedback in the Map Ideas forum (cause thats where my map is waiting). I have left some comments, but I am still guilty of the "I have no interest in your map so I'm not commenting" thing happen sometimes.

There are plenty of mapmakers, if everyone posted a bit on other threads that needed some help, this place would go a lot faster.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby gimil on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:I've been trying to leave feedback in the Map Ideas forum (cause thats where my map is waiting). I have left some comments, but I am still guilty of the "I have no interest in your map so I'm not commenting" thing happen sometimes.

There are plenty of mapmakers, if everyone posted a bit on other threads that needed some help, this place would go a lot faster.

If you dont feel intrested in a map then you not feel obligated to comment on it.

The lack of feedback is most certainly still an issue. We just dont have the star class poster we used to :(

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:30 am

Even in that case constant updates should be maintained, even if its for very minor issues. If someone looks at a map and doesnt see there issues being addressed they are more likely to not come back than if there being taken into consideration.

If you notice i update map almost every Week,but when i fill that everything is good, i only can update same image,or even worse when someon put hes feedback,and when i ask to give me more Explanation to understand what is problem,then person not come back for very loong time.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:33 am

no offense to any map makers out there, but quite a few of us are guilty of working pretty much solely on their own maps and not giving feedback to others. If we all gave each other feedback, we wouldn't have a 'not enough feedback' problem.

It can be frustrating giving all sorts of feedback and never seeing anything come back. That's not WHY we give the feedback, but still it is very noticeable.

Well i try to give good and Logical Feedback to help people to understand some things better in map production,and i give in several topic insulting words,or people ignoring what i say,and these thing turn me of to give feedback.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Foundry Discussions