Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Night 3

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 1

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:20 am

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I think it was unlikely for the Mafia to visit Sonic, while very likely for a townie to do so. So probably not the worst outcome

I agree, and the fact that pixars comment isn't even well reasoned does add to my suspicion that it's fake mafia commentary.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:24 am

pmchugh wrote:Here is a precedent for what I mentioned above. Last game charle is scum, and he starts basically every single day saying, "good for town" or "bad for town".

Charle wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Ah right loose might have been the Scum target

Yes that might be right, but I ask myself the question, why LC? I still need to go through all Loose's posts but I don't remember him as any threat to anybody although I think it was lucky for town though. I am not experienced, but could it be a random choice?

The poisoner is also interesting, so hopefully he was on target to hit scum.

Charle wrote:Wow, I am now really confused of what happened last night. I really would like to contribute but there are so many questions for a newby here that does not makes sense.

I think it was a great night for town to kill one mafia
, surely LC poisoned Sonic on night 1 before he was visited by Votanic. According to Kingm and the lynch result, Votanic visited LC to protect him with his life on N1? If he visited and say scum killed LC, why was Votanic still alive the next day and why would he go out and protect LC with his life on N1 and why did it not work? Did he really visit LC?

Charle wrote:Morning people, this is a bad loss for us. I really liked DDS's game analysis and his posts made sense.

I took some time to read through all the posts again and will give my summary a bit later. For now, I would really like to hear what Kingm saw last night.

Charle wrote:Morning Everybody,

This is great for town!! I protected Kingm last night. My thoughts were Ewe would be the obvious one to protect so scum would then go for Kingm, which might have been the case. Also could be one of Devante's objects if he really used them?

It is going to be very interesting what Kingm and Ewe's results were. Who did you block last night Devante? That might also be a reason for no killing? And also who did you save?

Unvote vote pixar

That's a reach :roll: you are a FOS to me. Weekends I solely just take turns, so you can expect me to post M-F. And what about strike wolf who also said "A Shame to lose a townie this early" LOL. And idk Son!c is a good mafia player not sure if I agree that scum would turn their back and ignore him.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:35 am

Also not to single out strike wolf, but Ragian and Loose also said basically the same thing. Seem's to me you are trying to pull a wagon off basically nothing.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am

*Pixar* wrote:Trying to catch up here, bummer we lost a pretty good town role and would have been even better with Son!c. Not seeing any strong cases yet, kong seems a little odd to me asking all these questions, I find it odd that someone joins a CC mafia for first time with no outside prior knowledge but then again, I did the same thing :lol:

given how suspicious sonic usually tends to be... :lol:
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:58 am

*Pixar* wrote:Also not to single out strike wolf, but Ragian and Loose also said basically the same thing. Seem's to me you are trying to pull a wagon off basically nothing.

I think strike is also in my suspect list. Raigan wasn't tho and I don't really think LC said the same thing.

I guess it's something that can be said genuinely but I am not sure yours felt all that genuine to me. Especially b3cause as TLaw points out, sonic is more likely to pull town actions than wolf ones.
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:46 pm

Extreme or Strike please confirm or deny you are Lovers in this Game.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:04 pm

Apologies all I just read up the role of Lover after my last post and its not as I thought from what I remembered of the Millars Hollow game.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm

deny
General Extreme Ways

Postby kongming3 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:22 pm

So I'm feeling like there's a lot of subtext and deeper meanings behind a lot of the messages and attempted accusations, some of which I'm not sure I'm following entirely. I'm hoping night one will clear things up some/provide more information to work with. For Lovers, from what I'm seeing of it there isn't really an incentive to fess up about it? Unless I'm missing something about it or there's a mechanic involved that means extreme ways would be obligated to answer truthfully. I do wonder if certain people have access to more information from the start of the game because of their roles, though I'm not sure I'm currently capable of using that to really narrow down potential roles in play much. It feels like there have been a lot of claims made about people without apparent substance to me, and I'm not sure if that's just coming from not having the same experience in how these games play out or if it's a function of my role not having the same pool of information for the moment.
Major kongming3

Postby Votanic on Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:11 am

kongming3 wrote:So I'm feeling like there's a lot of subtext and deeper meanings behind a lot of the messages and attempted accusations

On the contrary, there are a lot of attempted accusations based on little subtext and shallow meanings. It's called Day 1.

kongming3 wrote:I do wonder if certain people have access to more information from the start of the game because of their roles

Yes, they are called scum...

kongming3 wrote:It feels like there have been a lot of claims made about people without apparent substance to me

Again, alot of Day 1 nonsense. Any and every single thing a player can say or do can be interpreted, sincerely or not as a scum-tell... and of course actual scum can/will play along throw in their own BS accusations as well. at best it's tiresome, and at worst, leads to the lynching of a innocent townie. Especially since a know-nothing townie is more likely to bungle out a scandalous faux-pas than would a wiseguy scumster.

Most players I've played with before seem to be playing mostly within their usual M.O., as far as I can tell... which isn't very much, tbh.

For myself, I will say that LC has done two fairly 'objective' 'sus' things:
1. Lobbying for Day 1 PR claims
and
2.Trying to frame me as Third Party (P.S. I'm not.)
But even still, though my eyebrows are raised, I'm not going to follow my suspicions with a vote because there is a good chance I could be wrong.

...and yes, every other sincere suspicion and accusation voiced so far today also rests on flimsy foundations.

Of course, the insincere accusations are another story altogether....
Captain Votanic

Postby Devante on Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:19 am

This is only my 3rd game ever kong and the other two were themed but from what I gather it's just a bit of the history of some of these guys carrying over from other games and from playing each other more. The lover's thing was from a werewolf game and haven't looked it up for regular mafia but pretty sure it was specific for that game style. The info side as far as I know everyone just starts with their role info and not much to go on. I don't know if scum even know each other at the start of mafia as I've always been town, maybe one of the guys who was scum last game can help with that. pmc and charle from strikes game should be able to answer that or if you just find out at night. Come nighttime based on who scum kills and our cop investigating someone that should help with getting more info. Day 1 is really just picking someone to lynch with little to go on and day 2 you start seeing more. But I can tell you from the previous two games most of these guys are skilled liars. In the last game I had a lot of trouble deciding who was scum and by the time I felt confident in it It was too late for town to win.

FP by vot
Major Devante

Postby Charle on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:50 am

My town list for the moment are the following in no particular order:
1. Loose
2. PMC
3. Kong
4. Rag
5. Traf

I am not sure about scum at this stage, however I do take note of the comments above and I guess experienced guys can read between the lines.

Fusi just came in and voted PMC without comments, nothing more. I would assume it is a joke vote from the previous game, but it would be nice to hear his points as well, he had very clever remarks and on the dot statements.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Votanic on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:24 am

Charle wrote:My town list for the moment are the following in no particular order:
1. Loose
2. PMC
3. Kong
4. Rag
5. Traf

I am not sure about scum at this stage, however I do take note of the comments above and I guess experienced guys can read between the lines.

Fusi just came in and voted PMC without comments, nothing more. I would assume it is a joke vote from the previous game, but it would be nice to hear his points as well, he had very clever remarks and on the dot statements.

Okay... but tell us why you think these players are so town, or not. I'd like to see an explanatory sentence or two after each of your town vouchings.
Captain Votanic

Postby Loose Canon on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:48 am

Awww Thanks Charle (I think)
Major Loose Canon

Postby Charle on Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:08 am

Votanic wrote:
Charle wrote:My town list for the moment are the following in no particular order:
1. Loose
2. PMC
3. Kong
4. Rag
5. Traf

Okay... but tell us why you think these players are so town, or not. I'd like to see an explanatory sentence or two after each of your town vouchings.

I don't really have exact explanations, just by reading posts. It is still day 1, however, Kong that wanted to know who are in his team makes him 90% town I think. Yes, I believe there are cases where scum only know team mates later, but I have a feeling they know at this stage.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:00 am

I feel like I'm being ignored by PMC, and he spells my name incorrectly. Only DDS is allowed to do so.
Captain Ragian

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:53 am

Ragian wrote:I feel like I'm being ignored by PMC, and he spells my name incorrectly. Only DDS is allowed to do so.

Oh, I am so sorry. I was reading it wrong every time.

I am mostly not responding to things you say as I am town reading you. I am slightly wary though as I have a tendency to town read anyone who is outwardly suspicious of me, which is slightly self destructive.
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:55 am

Devante wrote:This is only my 3rd game ever kong and the other two were themed but from what I gather it's just a bit of the history of some of these guys carrying over from other games and from playing each other more. The lover's thing was from a werewolf game and haven't looked it up for regular mafia but pretty sure it was specific for that game style. The info side as far as I know everyone just starts with their role info and not much to go on. I don't know if scum even know each other at the start of mafia as I've always been town, maybe one of the guys who was scum last game can help with that. pmc and charle from strikes game should be able to answer that or if you just find out at night. Come nighttime based on who scum kills and our cop investigating someone that should help with getting more info. Day 1 is really just picking someone to lynch with little to go on and day 2 you start seeing more. But I can tell you from the previous two games most of these guys are skilled liars. In the last game I had a lot of trouble deciding who was scum and by the time I felt confident in it It was too late for town to win.

FP by vot

You find out with your initial role PM. This is exactly the kind of post you made last game as town, genuine town slips. If you learned how to fake them for this game I will be impressed. Otherwise you just jumped to most townie sounding in the whole game.
Major pmchugh

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:31 am

pmchugh wrote:
Ragian wrote:I feel like I'm being ignored by PMC, and he spells my name incorrectly. Only DDS is allowed to do so.

I am mostly not responding to things you say as I am town reading you. I am slightly wary though as I have a tendency to town read anyone who is outwardly suspicious of me, which is slightly self destructive.

This is so weird, of you believe they are town you can share your thoughts and process with them and bounce ideas.
General Extreme Ways

Postby pmchugh on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:33 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
pmchugh wrote:

This is so weird, of you believe they are town you can share your thoughts and process with them and bounce ideas.

I wouldn't go that far, I think dev is now stronger town lean for me. As for engaging with Ragian, my ideas are still the exact same as I said before but for everyone.

Come up with a list of town reads, scum reads. Explained then great, if not, better than nothing.

Articulate the ones you have best reasons for as well as you can.

Overall, engage, accuse, argue, defend, just keep talking about reads reads reads.
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:33 am

Personally I think it's too early in the game to try to really give a read on any experienced player as town or scum.

Town read:

1. Kong-I think he's genuinely new and the slip at the beginning indicated town.

Lean town

1. Votanic-Hes shown genuine frustration at things that make more sense for him to acknowledge as town than scum.
2. PMC-I think he's a bit too quick to excuse Loose's behavior because it's not how town should act but he's active and prodding which are generally town behavior and feels different than his behavior in the WBtW game where he was scum.

Bad town play or scum

1. Loose-Rolefishing and jumped blindly onto a bandwagon. Almost too blatant and aloof to actually be scummy.

Neutral

1. EW-Too early to say. He reached defensively to PMC's accusation which is fairly on brand for his town behavior.
2. Ragian-too early to say. Asked a couple good questions of PMC which has me feeling that he's slightly more town than scum.
3. Devante-active and engaged. The question about whether mafia communicating can communicate feels a bit more artificial than Kong's early similar question.
4. Pixar-Needs to be more active and hasn't said much but I think that's kind of become a common theme with Pix in general.
5. Charle-No strong feelings on him yet. He does seem to be relaxed which makes me think slightly more town than scum.

Leaning scum

1. Traf. He hasnt spoken up much and when he has it feels like things to just stay active. He did say he would be busy for a bit though.

Needs to say more

1. Fusi-has said very little. He's a good player though and I'd like to hear more from him.

Any I didn't mention have left no impression on me of note. So neutral.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Devante on Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:55 pm

Just a heads up that I'll be gone from Thursday at some point and back after the weekend, I'll have someone covering games during that time but not posting here on the forum. Not sure when this day ends but just in case it does while I'm away. Currently I'll leave my vote on Pixar unless we think someone else is scummier but if it makes more sense I can also just unvote before I leave
Major Devante

Postby Loose Canon on Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:55 pm

I'm keeping my vote on Extreme until the next vote count;

I wasn't reading anything scummy on Extreme but nothing Towny either.
PMC comes in with his shock effect Vote Extreme with no explanation
I vote Extreme
PMC doubles down on his suspicion of Extreme
Extreme gives a cryptic to me hinting at something response to PMC
Strike to me played along with hinting at something.
PMC shifts his vote.

I don't get what PMC was trying with Extreme - surely wait a bit and see whether the heat gathers on Extreme and if so where it takes us.
Not saying PMC is shady because of it necessarily - I just don't get it.

If Extreme doesn't get any more votes by next vote count I think I'm gonna switch onto another player who has some votes and stick on that player.
Guys if you wanna put heat back on Extreme and add to my vote I'll stick on Extreme.

#givelynchachance
Major Loose Canon

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:41 pm

strike wolf wrote:Personally I think it's too early in the game to try to really give a read on any experienced player as town or scum.

Town read:

1. Kong-I think he's genuinely new and the slip at the beginning indicated town.

Lean town

1. Votanic-Hes shown genuine frustration at things that make more sense for him to acknowledge as town than scum.
2. PMC-I think he's a bit too quick to excuse Loose's behavior because it's not how town should act but he's active and prodding which are generally town behavior and feels different than his behavior in the WBtW game where he was scum.

Bad town play or scum

1. Loose-Rolefishing and jumped blindly onto a bandwagon. Almost too blatant and aloof to actually be scummy.

Neutral

1. EW-Too early to say. He reached defensively to PMC's accusation which is fairly on brand for his town behavior.
2. Ragian-too early to say. Asked a couple good questions of PMC which has me feeling that he's slightly more town than scum.
3. Devante-active and engaged. The question about whether mafia communicating can communicate feels a bit more artificial than Kong's early similar question.
4. Pixar-Needs to be more active and hasn't said much but I think that's kind of become a common theme with Pix in general.
5. Charle-No strong feelings on him yet. He does seem to be relaxed which makes me think slightly more town than scum.

Leaning scum

1. Traf. He hasnt spoken up much and when he has it feels like things to just stay active. He did say he would be busy for a bit though.

Needs to say more

1. Fusi-has said very little. He's a good player though and I'd like to hear more from him.

Any I didn't mention have left no impression on me of note. So neutral.

I'll comment this cause I think it was also Charle the one that said I was maybe to inactive to be town.

Yeah, I have been really busy, got a new work and organizing Clan war. Also I usually find D1 kinda useless unless there is a power role able to act on D1. So I haven't really been taking anything serious. If I wanted to explain things about certain action I probably could. Loose asking for power roles (Check The tick game I think it was , he has done that before, so not necessarily Scum). Fusi voting Pcm as soon as he got in here (If I have to guess it is cause Fusi was carrying town last game and pmc managed to convince people otherwise) and so on. So have not been involved But i do like to see how townie reads are going.

Hopefully I can prove I'm town by D2, So I haven't really bothered trying to make reads or creating a strong defense.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:21 pm

Voting List of Lynchers

(2) Dev - Pix, Strike
(2) Pix - Dev, PMC
(1) Pmc - Fusi
(1) EW - Loose

With 13 alive, it takes 7 for a lynch!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games