Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Town Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Town Wins!

Postby pmchugh on Fri May 03, 2024 2:25 pm

degaston wrote:
Votanic wrote:...and what was the backstory behind choosing 'Fall Guy' as a claim?
I guess another example of saying something outrageously nonsensical can unfortunately be the best defense (up to a point).

I don't know what else would have worked for him. Saying there must be a busdriver isn't going to stop him from being lynched.

Also, I legitimately thought that a Fall Guy was likely to know his own role. He would basically be a Miller, but the scum know who he is. Especially in a Role Madness game, where just telling him that his role was Vanilla Townie would be a very bastard move. So I knew there was no chance to save LC, but I did think it was reasonable to have a discussion of the mechanics and what was possible for his role, and might be shown on his death. I would have done the same thing if I was town.

The truth was, nothing would have worked to save himself, so in one sense it doesnt matter what he claimed. People are saying I was hard defending him, but I knew he was toast and never would have let us not lynch him, I would have voted for him over anyone else, including strike. His claim did cause confusion, so job done.

Of course wifom is a thing but distancing from your partner is way more common than aligning with them, so not sure why people were so suss of me. My posting freedom and willingness to be contrarion were townie, even if my logic was faulty.

I probably don't kill strike if loose didn't turn up as goon, which is not true role madness for me. Mafia had a hard time here with just an investigation proof player and a janitor and two serial killers. I think a one shot vest or something would have been warranted - but its always hard balancing role madness.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Fri May 03, 2024 2:35 pm

Also this game could have ended night 1 as win for town or mafia.

Town win
No lynch
Serial killer hits mafia
Mafia hit bodyguard target
Vig hits mafia
Arsonist hits pgo
Jailer kills amnesiac

Mafia win
Lynch hatter, 13 left
Serial killer hits jailer, 12
Pgo hits 2 doctor and cop, 10
Vig hits bodyguard target (mafia), 8
Mafia hit serial killer, 7
Jailer kills arsonist, 6
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri May 03, 2024 2:51 pm

Votanic wrote:I was lucky with my some of my early investigations: LC was obvscum, imo, and swang was just too weirdly stealth... but I couldn't believe the 'not suspicious. I got back on PMC... because he was so suspicious...
Okay, that was tunneling on my part... but in my partial defense, I'm going to say that defending obvscum is not something a player can reasonably WIFOM. Scum should know to let him hang and town shouldn't try to slow the wheels of justice (unless they really know something).

Also DDS language choice was (deliberately?) confusing. If PMC killed strike instead of swang, why was he, "squeaky clean".
Trying to read something into PMC's "not suspicious" vs. dega's "innocent" was also a dead-end...

...and what was the backstory behind choosing 'Fall Guy' as a claim?
I guess another example of saying something outrageously nonsensical can unfortunately be the best defense (up to a point).

Both mafia and pmc targeted strike, and mafia cleaned up. When people are posting over something automated you get this angle shooting where you dont know whether something was deliberately worded this way. "Does "not suspicious" mean third party non-killing role?" It certainly reads different from "innocent"
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 03, 2024 4:16 pm

pmchugh wrote:Also this game could have ended night 1 as win for town or mafia.

Town win
No lynch
Serial killer hits mafia
Mafia hit bodyguard target
Vig hits mafia
Arsonist hits pgo
Jailer kills amnesiac

Mafia win
Lynch hatter, 13 left
Serial killer hits jailer, 12
Pgo hits 2 doctor and cop, 10
Vig hits bodyguard target (mafia), 8
Mafia hit serial killer, 7
Jailer kills arsonist, 6

More or less the fun behind it.
The game could have gone south really really fast.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 03, 2024 4:18 pm

Votanic wrote:I was lucky with my some of my early investigations: LC was obvscum, imo, and swang was just too weirdly stealth... but I couldn't believe the 'not suspicious. I got back on PMC... because he was so suspicious...
Okay, that was tunneling on my part... but in my partial defense, I'm going to say that defending obvscum is not something a player can reasonably WIFOM. Scum should know to let him hang and town shouldn't try to slow the wheels of justice (unless they really know something).

Also DDS language choice was (deliberately?) confusing. If PMC killed strike instead of swang, why was he, "squeaky clean".
Trying to read something into PMC's "not suspicious" vs. dega's "innocent" was also a dead-end...

...and what was the backstory behind choosing 'Fall Guy' as a claim?

So saueaky clean was just a janitor clue.

I typically don't like breadcrumbing roles as a mod but a janitor is something only seen one other time on this site. By yours truly. The stabbing and bullet holes is just flavor
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Previous

Return to Mafia Games