Conquer Club

EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

Postby Votanic on Sun May 19, 2024 2:48 pm

Ragian wrote:I love it when you yell in writing. Makes me feel special.

Now, what do you expect to gain from lynching swang? What is the road to salvation this time?

He could be scum, yes he really could.. and even if he is Town, he is a minimal loss because he's hardly playing anyway.

Now you answer my question, Mr. No-Lynch,
What useful information do you realistically expect to have tomorrow that you don't have today?
Hint: Just knowing that a townie was night-killed is not useful.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby swang918 on Sun May 19, 2024 2:49 pm

Don't want to get too close to the deadline and miss a chance to save myself.

unvote dev, vote No Lynch

I'd rather lynch someone than no lynch, but I'd rather no lynch than get lynched.
Major swang918

Postby Ragian on Sun May 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Votanic wrote:

Now, what do you expect to gain from lynching swang? What is the road to salvation this time?

He could be scum, yes he really could.. and even if he is Town, he is a minimal loss because he's hardly playing anyway.

What useful information do you realistically expect to have tomorrow that you don't have today?

No patterns? No "this person did so and so, which means that when knowing whether swang is town or not will infer that..."? Your "he could be scum" is based on you saying he isn't playing. Have you done a post count? Has he posted the least in this game?

*looks around for whoever Mr. No-Lynch is* Is it DDS?
Captain Ragian

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 pm

Hey, no! Don't drag me into this! I'm just here to witness holy matrimony, not get into your guys love hate argument!

Someone help me!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Refusal to work!

Come on, Vot, help me get rid of DDS (he can be your bad townie if you don't think he's scum...I fancy my chances). At least he has been inconsistent throughout.
Captain Ragian

Postby Votanic on Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Ragian wrote:
Votanic wrote:

No patterns? No "this person did so and so, which means that when knowing whether swang is town or not will infer that..."? Your "he could be scum" is based on you saying he isn't playing. Have you done a post count? Has he posted the least in this game?

*looks around for whoever Mr. No-Lynch is* Is it DDS?

It's you, Rag, based on what you said
Ragian wrote: If you only want to lynch confirmed scum, you should vote for no lynch.

Your problem Rag is that your primary impetus for playing is to make snarky remarks instead of really working for a Town win.

Interesting, if I did switch to DDS that would make a three-way tie... not quite random, but there is a whiff of it... and I do think Town isn't going to have better odds than random in this game.

Of course, if I did make it a three-way tie, that would certainly encourage the opportunistic to dash in at the last moment and pick their favourite...
Hammerer, you'd better be right...
Of course, that implies that Town would be wise enough to rise up and not treat a town-killing hammer as an innocent mistake...
...but let's face it, Town really is disorganized and apathetic. As it is, players like LC and Swang can just goof off at work all day with no risk of being fired.

If this unbalanced game is a psych experiment... maybe I should generate some data or at least an entertaining cliffhanger.

Maybe...
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Bad townie?! Nevermind, Vot, kill Ramen. All my scum buddies too, if I get lynched, take Roog out. I will not have my good name slandered by our local drunk!

Fped
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Ragian on Sun May 19, 2024 3:17 pm

You're cracking me up, man. Anyway...if it moves your vote, go, go, go.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Sun May 19, 2024 3:32 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Bad townie?! Nevermind, Vot, kill Ramen. All my scum buddies too, if I get lynched, take Roog out. I will not have my good name slandered by our local drunk!

Fped

I'm a global drunk, you geogracist!

And yes, you've done fudge all this D1. Apart from goofing about and departing from your D1 no lynch M.O., first claiming that you didn't read the rules (properly), then saying that you had to stick with it now, until you changed it back to no lynch. I mean...what the fudge.

Happy lynching Sunday, people. I'm going to bed now.
Captain Ragian

Postby Votanic on Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Ragian wrote:You're cracking me up, man. Anyway...if it moves your vote, go, go, go.

It's already is a two-tie between swang and no lynch.... so you wanting me to change my vote means you really do want no lynch... Mr. No-Lynch.
Your insincerity is very scummy Rag, since I know you know I'm Town.
..and if you are town too, then change your snarky attitude and start working sincerely for Town Victory.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby Maxleod on Sun May 19, 2024 3:43 pm

swang918 wrote:Don't want to get too close to the deadline and miss a chance to save myself.

I'd rather lynch someone than no lynch, but I'd rather no lynch than get lynched.

Or you could vote DDS, that would save you too. Why no lynch?
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby kongming3 on Sun May 19, 2024 4:12 pm

Both Swang and DDS seem a little strange to me, leaning a bit more towards DDS. I am potentially willing to switch my vote to DDS but I would like to avoid a no lynch so I'll keep my vote on the current fan favourite for now and be ready to move it if needed.
Major kongming3

Postby swang918 on Sun May 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Maxleod wrote:
swang918 wrote:Don't want to get too close to the deadline and miss a chance to save myself.

Or you could vote DDS, that would save you too. Why no lynch?

It's 5 votes on me, 4 on no lynch (now 5 after my vote), and 3 on DDS. If I vote DDS then I still get lynched as I still have the most votes. Now that I vote no lynch, I'm tied with no lynch at 5 votes, so at least I make EW come up with a tiebreaker which I might win.
Major swang918

Postby Maxleod on Sun May 19, 2024 4:23 pm

kongming3 wrote:Both Swang and DDS seem a little strange to me, leaning a bit more towards DDS. I am potentially willing to switch my vote to DDS but I would like to avoid a no lynch so I'll keep my vote on the current fan favourite for now and be ready to move it if needed.

With Devante that makes two of you. He said he'd switch his vote if others are on board. So vote DDS.
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby swang918 on Sun May 19, 2024 4:25 pm

actually forget my last post, let me respond to Kong.

kongming3 wrote:Both Swang and DDS seem a little strange to me, leaning a bit more towards DDS. I am potentially willing to switch my vote to DDS but I would like to avoid a no lynch so I'll keep my vote on the current fan favourite for now and be ready to move it if needed.

Ok I will give you the opportunity here--

unvote No Lynch, vote DDS

unofficial vote count now is 5 for swang, 4 for no lynch, and 4 for DDS. A kong switch from me to DDS would make DDS the presumptive lynchee.
Major swang918

Postby kongming3 on Sun May 19, 2024 5:52 pm

Unvote Vote DDS
Major kongming3

Postby pmchugh on Sun May 19, 2024 6:13 pm

Not sure how mod is counting this, if its strict day time ending then I think that might have been too late but fascinating anyway.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Devante on Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 pm

Hope you guys are right unvote vote DDS
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Sun May 19, 2024 8:15 pm

I think were already enough to lynch but to be sure Unvote Vote DDS

If DDS flips scum, I more or less agree with the PMC analysis that those who shifted to Swang after PMC voted DDs look scummier.

If he flips town, I would seriously look at Kong and to a lesser extent PMC. Kong's been posting less than last game and this latest post where he voted without comment feels a bit opportunistic and reminiscent of LC's bandwagon vote last game. There was also the attempt at flattery towards Vot earlier which rubbed me a bit the wrong way. If Vot is town then Kong stroking his ego looks like scum trying to get a vocal townie to like them. PMC is mostly because he still says the occasional thing that seems odd to me and as founder of the lynch pact, I would have expected him to jump onto Swang sooner to help push it through. Instead he stuck with his DDS vote.

Vot saying that all Rag has done is throw snarky comments at other players is pretty rich coming from the guy who has spent a lot of time acting dismissive of other players attempts to move the game forward while firing jabs at the modding of this game and others. If this is a psychological experiment, I'm sure the researchers are writing and underlining "projection" by Vot's name.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 pm

Holy bejesus. Well, likely too late, but just your average vanilla townie.

When I do flip town, please, for the love of God, look at pmc. Origami not listen to Max either. He's the new Mitch.

Anywho, good luck town!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm

Gee, thanks, Mr-Ray-of-Sunstrike... whatevah.

So a lot of people think DDS is scum?
Okay, that is quite possible, I am not stanning for him or anything...

However, two other possibilities to consider are
1. A well-rehearsed scum-engineered last-minute switcheroo...
or 2. Even more cynically, if this did all happen after the cut-off time, it could even be an attempt to make it look like they wanted the target switched to DDS, but... "doshgarnit shucks, done too late..."

With 24/7 scumchat, the level of scumnipulation could reach new depths of sophisticated depravity....

FPed by the possibly walking dead man?
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun May 19, 2024 10:29 pm

Kong actually too. Not sure how he's getting an analysis on my playstyle considering it's our first game together.

Okie dokie,

Avenge me FUSI! These bastardly bastards were lead by dorks! It's up to you mah boi!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby kongming3 on Sun May 19, 2024 11:02 pm

Well to be clear, I stated explicitly earlier that I was and have indeed been "bandwagoning" on votes because I believe it makes the most sense for town to get a lynch off, and so that has been my modus operandi thus far as well as why I've been the first on different motions like the lynch pack one or most recently with swang to make a move and stick my neck out so we get information in the absence of useful power roles (for instance once I was the first to publicly support PMC's lynch gang we had a motley crew soon to follow in quick succession, some of whom I imagine are scum).

Regarding you specifically good sir, I don't actually have any particularly grand suspicions beyond that other people have noted you to be playing strangely (which I took their word for and you haven't refuted to my knowledge) and the minor gaff Charles pointed out earlier. I could definitely believe you are town and its unclear to me who is being lynced, but I wanted to ensure we'd have a lynch at the end of the day on one of the more suspicious seeming townsfolk.
Major kongming3

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 20, 2024 2:13 am

I should not have let the day end on the day of a bachelor party.

Will check everything once im less hungover, it's night regardless.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon May 20, 2024 3:49 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I should not have let the day end on the day of a bachelor party.

Will check everything once im less hungover, it's night regardless.

Sunday funday. Gotta love it
Dukasaur wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games