Conquer Club

Prison Mafia TOWN WIN !!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game?

Poll ended at Sat May 20, 2023 4:31 am

*Pixar*
No votes
chanakam2020
No votes
Darin44
No votes
degaston
44%
Dukasaur
No votes
DukeHazzard
No votes
Dunk90
No votes
fusibaseball
31%
i-andrei
No votes
joshzam
No votes
Maxleod
13%
PepeAtila
No votes
pershy
No votes
Ragian
13%
TheJMac
No votes
TheJonah
No votes
TrafalgarLaw01
No votes
traffic133
No votes

Total votes : 16

Re: Prison Mafia DAY 1

Postby Maxleod on Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:40 am

Meow.
Is all I have to say.
For now.
Lieutenant Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby General Bax on Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:50 am

well, know i'm innocent, but i'm willing to make an offer no one can refuse... :D
Lieutenant General Bax

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:30 am

i-andrei wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
cdbridges wrote:
joshzam wrote:It's hard to apply any calculation you may have found to our game because we don't know how many Town and how many Scum there are here. Also, calculations just don't usually hold up in Mafia, as it's more of a game of intuition, vibe, and trust. I've never seen a convincing argument to always or never lynch on day 1.

I do find it interesting that there are 23 inmates and 24 in the game. Some sort of special "warden" or "God" role maybe? Could it be third-party? Any thoughts?

Someone must have been here already when we were dropped. Who was that? Let's search the place if no one volunteers. We should know that person's story.

Is someone sentenced for life? Like maybe there we could find a reason for someone killing the other inmates

What do you mean?

Dunk said he has 15 years sentence for Arson, I got 20 years sentence for Blackmail, but I haven't killed anyone, and still hope to go back to my family
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby actorday on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:32 am

All I can sat at this point is "Things that make you go Hmmmmmm......."
Major actorday

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:29 am

Be careful with revealing too much about your roles, guys. Let's say that we could actually deduce scum based on roles/sentence lengths/crimes. In that case, you should not feed scum breadcrumbs about your roles because they'll copy it to fit. Keep your roles and what not to yourself, at least until we've decided collectively on revealing e.g. sentences.
Captain Ragian

Postby i-andrei on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Ragian wrote:Be careful with revealing too much about your roles, guys. Let's say that we could actually deduce scum based on roles/sentence lengths/crimes. In that case, you should not feed scum breadcrumbs about your roles because they'll copy it to fit. Keep your roles and what not to yourself, at least until we've decided collectively on revealing e.g. sentences.

True, Dunk seems Pyro and Traf maybe some sort of Lawyer.
Either way, considering what Dunk said and the sentence, it looks like a legit vote.

So Dunk, anything in your defense?
Major i-andrei

Postby traffic133 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:44 pm

mt thoughts are wait till next day begins then talk bout lynchings maybe no shows cos they have had 3-4 days to turn up
Cook traffic133

Postby pershy on Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:16 pm

We still have time on D1 to wait for all to speak and start seriously talking about lynching. Generally it is considered that lynching on D1 is a good idea for town although it's unlikely you will get scum - but it does give info - i.e. the vote list and who may have bandwagoned etc.

However we have a lot of power roles in here probably so maybe a lynch is not so necessary as we can still get intel from night actions. Mafia are probably powerful too though in this game and could have all sorts of powers.
D1 is very difficult to get anything good going regarding getting a good mafia lynch and we will need to hear from everyone first (and read through a few times to try and start remembering names - it's all a blur for me with so many new peeps to get to know which is nice too. I can only place a light FOS (finger of suspicion) on Pixar at this point who just seemed a bit eager to get a vote train going and very early, but again it's only a light one.
And i-andrei got a note like me so I'm assuming for now he's town - if it is indeed a town power which I think it is. In fact maybe Pixar is 3rd party rather than scum - that business about pointing the finger - could it refer to him? I'd have to read through again - there are prob lots of fingers being pointed but it's difficult to draw conclusions.

I don't think mafia will be able to communicate during the day - although I have known of 1 game where they could. That would be pretty powerful but I don't think it'll be the case this game - they may have other power like cleaner etc. (cleans the identity of a dead player so we don't know his role/affiliation the next day when he's found dead). That's just an example but there are many powerful mafia roles - godfather for example comes up innocent on inspection. Then there are 3rd party like serial killers etc. 3rd party can be harmful to town as they have their own win condition, or can benefit town in some cases. Usually they are not up to much good but who knows with this game. Will be fun to start figuring it out.

Everyone respond and let us know if you are scum or not scum please. I'll start
pershy - not scum
Lieutenant pershy

Postby pershy on Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:23 pm

I just checked and we have 24 players - I think we definitely need to lynch on D1 just to start whittling it down and to force a claim or we'll be here for a long time.

normally about a 3rd is mafia - yikes that's like 7-8 players.

But for a game like this I would imaging up to 6 players are scum and a few are 3rd party with some random stuff thrown in.
This is all pure guess work and would be good to hear the speculation of others.

Maybe our chances of hitting a non town player on D1 are decent - at least we should get a claim.

Let's hear from everyone now they've been prodded and start getting some dialogue going on what we're gonna do and who should be under scrutiny first.

If we lynch a player who hasn't had a chance to defend themselves there is always the danger of killing a powerful town role too.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:37 pm

Pershy makes some decent points - I must be drunk :shock: I did find it interesting, though, that he didn't mark himself as town, but only as not scum. Was that a slip? IGMEOY! (That means "I've got my eye on you" in case anyone doesn't know.)

However, I'll continue the list:
Pershy - not scum (so either third party or town - is there a fourth option?)
Ragian - town

If everyone could just fess up, this game should be over relatively quickly.
Captain Ragian

Postby Dunk90 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:40 pm

My defense is I'm a townie. I've already said to much as far as my role. That is true. But Mafia is something I'm NOT. Aren't we here to Lynch Mafia members who are out to get US. If I'm lynched you lost a valuable member of the town. I promise you that.
i-andrei wrote:
Ragian wrote:Be careful with revealing too much about your roles, guys. Let's say that we could actually deduce scum based on roles/sentence lengths/crimes. In that case, you should not feed scum breadcrumbs about your roles because they'll copy it to fit. Keep your roles and what not to yourself, at least until we've decided collectively on revealing e.g. sentences.

True, Dunk seems Pyro and Traf maybe some sort of Lawyer.
Either way, considering what Dunk said and the sentence, it looks like a legit vote.

So Dunk, anything in your defense?
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Corporal 1st Class Dunk90

Postby DukeHazzard on Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:20 pm

I personally don't think it's a good idea to reveal our roles/affiliations so early. As for a lynching on the first day, I'm leaning toward yes. I will reserve my vote for for later after a little more discussion. Do we get some kind of warning to when the day is almost over? Like a mod telling us it's dusk or something?
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:34 pm

pershy wrote:We still have time on D1 to wait for all to speak and start seriously talking about lynching. Generally it is considered that lynching on D1 is a good idea for town although it's unlikely you will get scum - but it does give info - i.e. the vote list and who may have bandwagoned etc.

However we have a lot of power roles in here probably so maybe a lynch is not so necessary as we can still get intel from night actions. Mafia are probably powerful too though in this game and could have all sorts of powers.
D1 is very difficult to get anything good going regarding getting a good mafia lynch and we will need to hear from everyone first (and read through a few times to try and start remembering names - it's all a blur for me with so many new peeps to get to know which is nice too. I can only place a light FOS (finger of suspicion) on Pixar at this point who just seemed a bit eager to get a vote train going and very early, but again it's only a light one.
And i-andrei got a note like me so I'm assuming for now he's town - if it is indeed a town power which I think it is. In fact maybe Pixar is 3rd party rather than scum - that business about pointing the finger - could it refer to him? I'd have to read through again - there are prob lots of fingers being pointed but it's difficult to draw conclusions.

I don't think mafia will be able to communicate during the day - although I have known of 1 game where they could. That would be pretty powerful but I don't think it'll be the case this game - they may have other power like cleaner etc. (cleans the identity of a dead player so we don't know his role/affiliation the next day when he's found dead). That's just an example but there are many powerful mafia roles - godfather for example comes up innocent on inspection. Then there are 3rd party like serial killers etc. 3rd party can be harmful to town as they have their own win condition, or can benefit town in some cases. Usually they are not up to much good but who knows with this game. Will be fun to start figuring it out.

Everyone respond and let us know if you are scum or not scum please. I'll start
pershy - not scum

You're damn right its a light accusation. I went off the most info we had do you have any better info? If I was SCUM I know myself I would be trying to get rid of the players with the most mafia experience (Ragian, you, josh) ya know the TNC days :). I would not be targeting someone with little to no mafia experience lol. But given the week is almost up to where it's soon to be night time, I think we should get a general consensus on who we want to lynch day1, someone who has no participated so far? I do think come Day2 we will have plenty of info to work off of (more messages, night kill, etc.)
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby degaston on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:54 am

Ragian wrote:Also, I'm against lynching a no show. We learn nothing from the flip, their interaction during the day, and effectively the bandwagon is free. We MUST have everyone participating.
You always learn something from a flip. And it's day 1 - there's not much concrete information to go on anyway. I'm not suggesting that we just railroad a no-show and hammer them, but I don't want it to be easy for scum to just sit back and let the townies do their work for them. And it might get someone to start participating.

But at this point, I still think Dunk may have slipped up early, so I'd probably go for at least a claim from him before a no-show. And if the no-shows don't show, they may be mod-killed anyway.

Aside from that...
  • Not sure yet what pershy's note means. Maybe it will become more clear on Day 2.
  • Does chanakam have a post restriction? Is he a stray cat stuck on the island? Could he be the 24th player who's not an inmate?
  • Did General Bax soft-claim Godfather? Does he know what that is? Or is it just a flavor name with no connection to the role?
  • Are JDam's and DukeHazzard's references to smoking important at all, or just noise?
Brigadier degaston

Postby pershy on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:13 am

*Pixar* wrote:If I was SCUM I know myself I would be trying to get rid of the players with the most mafia experience (Ragian, you, josh) ya know the TNC days :).

you're right that Josh has a lot of experience of mafia - which was why this comment surprised me
joshzam wrote:Do we know if Mafia can chat together during the day?

This is not a mafia ability normally but I seem to remember one game where there was some kind of day communication - maybe one of the political ones?
Anyway this seemingly innocent qu. kinda seemed scummy to me - like a scum player trying to appear town. Doesn't seem like a legit townie qu from an experienced player after second thoughts although I thought nothing of it on first glance, but it did niggle at me.

Again, just a light FOS at this point.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Razorvich on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:54 am

The prison erupts with shouting...... someone is going off down one of the Cell Blocks

His message is this:

Watching everything from my vantage point where I see more than you see. I see that you are chasing crumbs but no one has found the cheese left. Just to give you some hints. Don't con a con. Sometimes the obvious is just that. The obvious. Someone is leading you all down a garden path that may or may not lead to the gallows. Have fun today!!!!!
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Lieutenant Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby i-andrei on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:58 am

Idk about the received messages. They might be random or set us up to kill somebody.
What i can see up until now is:
- Dunk's weird statement set him up and people took advantage of that. I still think he's not town but unsure if i should vote him
- Pixar's rush to vote without any other info makes me think he's not toelwn alligned also
- Traf's thinking the sentences mean anything is weird. He is usually a very logical person so it surprises me he would fall for that. I think he will use that even if it's not true just to convict anyone. Makes me think he's maf alligned
- i find it weird that just 2 people got notes up until now. I think more got notes but are unwilling to share
Major i-andrei

Postby joshzam on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:04 am

pershy wrote:This is not a mafia ability normally but I seem to remember one game where there was some kind of day communication - maybe one of the political ones?
Anyway this seemingly innocent qu. kinda seemed scummy to me - like a scum player trying to appear town. Doesn't seem like a legit townie qu from an experienced player after second thoughts although I thought nothing of it on first glance, but it did niggle at me.

Again, just a light FOS at this point.

To address this directly, pershy, first of all we were both in games in the past where Mafia was able to communicate during the day. You admit this yourself. So your FoS is absurd. And the reason for my question in the first place was because i-andrei was the first person to share that they had received a note/message (with zero details). And then literally one hour later pershy pops up and claims to have also received a similar note. This sounded very convenient/scummy to me, and my thinking was that Mafia - i-andrei and pershy - were orchestrating a propaganda play with these notes. Your note even said, "In HeRe PeOpLe TaLk In PrIvAtE". That is specifically why I asked about the day communication ability.

BUT... since the Mod has since posted another similarly cryptic "message", and since day communication is admittedly a very rare occurrence, I am now of the belief that these truly are Mod-generated messages. So, my thinking has swung to give Town cred to both i-andrei and pershy.

BUT... I don't know why i-andrei has not volunteered the actual message they received, especially if it is as cryptic as the other two we have seen. It would make sense that more information shared would be better for Town in this case (not always) especially since there is no identifying or specific details in these messages (that we have seen). If you admit to having received a message, you've already put a target on your head so you might as well help Town with the deets!

AND... TheJMac asked pershy some very good questions about his note that pershy never answered. Who sent you the message? How/When was it received? These valuable questions were simply ignored and I don't know why. Again, you've already shared info, why not just make it complete? The pershy note (and the Mod's recent note) are the most concrete info we have received thus far and I think we need to seriously scrutinize and try to decipher them. I love a good code/mystery in my Mafia. :twisted:

I have not received any notes in this game.

Further thoughts: Dunk90 essentially soft claimed a power role. That was dangerous. But there's no reason to think it's God Father, and thinking that Scum would admit anything is naive.

degaston has asked some good questions and gets a bit of Town cred in my book for that. Even if he did jump on the Dunk90 wagon along with *Pixar* and TrafalgarLaw01. I'd also like to know if all this talk of soap and food and cats is pure flavor fun or some sort of game mechanic.

I have no strong opinions about Day 1 lynches in general, but it has been stated that there are many power roles in this game so I am therefore inclined to not risk losing one by lynching without a just cause. And if we force a power role to claim on D1 and then spare their life, they're doomed to be night killed anyway. But I recognize that even losing Townies will give us more useful info as long as people are active.

Finally, anyone who posts something vacuous and doesn't address the actual game or the details already in play is equivalent to not having posted at all in my book. If anything, it's even scummier. People started maintaining a list of who has not participated and all one has to do is Meow to get your name off that potential lynch list, so nothing-burgers are actually scummier than deadbeating. 24 people apparently "wanted" to play this game, but how many are actually playing?
This is not a sig
Major joshzam

Postby degaston on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:07 am

joshzam wrote:Further thoughts: Dunk90 essentially soft claimed a power role. That was dangerous. But there's no reason to think it's God Father, and thinking that Scum would admit anything is naive.
From the game notes, everyone has a power role, so that's not saying anything.

It was General Bax who said "well, know i'm innocent, but i'm willing to make an offer no one can refuse... ", which seems like a foolish thing for either town or mafia to say when "Godfather" has a specific meaning in the game.

We have many new players, so maybe he doesn't know about that role. (I don't know if GB has played before - I can't find any previous mafia posts from him in CC games)

Maybe it was for flavor and means nothing, or he could be the "Vito Corleone" character without having a Godfather role, or maybe he has a win condition if he's lynched. Plenty of WIFOM to go around.

joshzam wrote:I have no strong opinions about Day 1 lynches in general, but it has been stated that there are many power roles in this game so I am therefore inclined to not risk losing one by lynching without a just cause. And if we force a power role to claim on D1 and then spare their life, they're doomed to be night killed anyway.
Everyone has a power role, so if we never force a power role to claim, then we don't lynch anyone and Mafia wins. Also, with this many players and everyone having a role, we may have multiple protecting, redirecting and investigating roles that can prevent them from being night-killed, or provide useful information if they are.
Brigadier degaston

Postby pershy on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:18 am

joshzam wrote:AND... TheJMac asked pershy some very good questions about his note that pershy never answered. Who sent you the message? How/When was it received? These valuable questions were simply ignored and I don't know why. Again, you've already shared info, why not just make it complete? The pershy note (and the Mod's recent note) are the most concrete info we have received thus far and I think we need to seriously scrutinize and try to decipher them. I love a good code/mystery in my Mafia. :twisted:

ok good points by Josh and degaston.

Just to address Josh and Jmac's questions, I don't really have any more info other that what I have already shared. I got the note at the beginning of the day and don't know who it was from. It was just there folded in the corner of my cell.

I too love a good mystery and think there might be clues in it and it should be scrutinised and would like to hear more about the other note, but also think that this early it might be impossible to get much from them and it might become clear later if they have meaning at all. My gut is that there is info in them - I agree they are mod generated but I think they may be tied to a town role or a way of helping town (in the face of powerful mafia) - just a hunch but that makes sense to me.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby pershy on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:24 am

here it is again - to me it hints to 3rd party roles - "fence sitters" so neither town nor scum - and maybe they know something we don't. Also seems to hint to someone pointing the finger as panicking - i.e. not town. Possibly hints to a death before D1 is up.
I tried to see if I could find any secret messages in the lower/upper case patterns but couldn't.

WaLk WiTh Me,,,,,,,,,, ThErE iS a ThIrD pArTy Of FeNcE sItTeRs WhO hAvE tHeIr OwN gOaLs In HeRe PeOpLe TaLk In PrIvAtE pEoPlE dOnT kNoW tHaT i KnOw ThInGs I oVeRhEaR tHiNgS pEoPlE mIsS sOmEoNe OvErPlAyEd ThEiR hAnD oN dAy OnE nOt MaNy PoKeR pLaYeRs In HeRe If YoU kNoW wHaT i MeAn I cAnT bE fOr SuRe SuRe BuT i GoT iNfOrMaTiOn BeFoRe We GoT iN hErE tHaT lInEs Up WiTh NeAr CeRtAiNtY dId YoU sEe FiRsT bLoOd On DaY oNe I cErTaInLy DiD oNlY pEoPlE wHo PaNiC pOiNt ThE fInGeR

And now we have the shouter guy as well.

These could be for flavour too but seems a wasted opportunity if there is not some hidden good intel in them.
Lieutenant pershy

Postby halrob64 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:08 pm

There is an informant who has access to the warden be very careful what you say. I have strong intelligence on who it is
Cook halrob64

Postby traffic133 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:32 pm

pershy wrote:here it is again - to me it hints to 3rd party roles - "fence sitters" so neither town nor scum - and maybe they know something we don't. Also seems to hint to someone pointing the finger as panicking - i.e. not town. Possibly hints to a death before D1 is up.
I tried to see if I could find any secret messages in the lower/upper case patterns but couldn't.

WaLk WiTh Me,,,,,,,,,, ThErE iS a ThIrD pArTy Of FeNcE sItTeRs WhO hAvE tHeIr OwN gOaLs In HeRe PeOpLe TaLk In PrIvAtE pEoPlE dOnT kNoW tHaT i KnOw ThInGs I oVeRhEaR tHiNgS pEoPlE mIsS sOmEoNe OvErPlAyEd ThEiR hAnD oN dAy OnE nOt MaNy PoKeR pLaYeRs In HeRe If YoU kNoW wHaT i MeAn I cAnT bE fOr SuRe SuRe BuT i GoT iNfOrMaTiOn BeFoRe We GoT iN hErE tHaT lInEs Up WiTh NeAr CeRtAiNtY dId YoU sEe FiRsT bLoOd On DaY oNe I cErTaInLy DiD oNlY pEoPlE wHo PaNiC pOiNt ThE fInGeR

And now we have the shouter guy as well.

These could be for flavour too but seems a wasted opportunity if there is not some hidden good intel in them.

we have had a few finger pointers
Cook traffic133

Postby halrob64 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:50 pm

There must be some sort of electronic jamming, I had information to share and the post disappeared
Cook halrob64

Postby joshzam on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:53 pm

degaston wrote:From the game notes, everyone has a power role, so that's not saying anything.

True! I had membered reading something about many power roles, but I didn't remember the actual wording that it was ALL players. For reference, this is what it said:

This game, ALL will have some sort of a power role

There are NO Vanilla roles

SCUM.... TOWN ... and 3RD PARTY

So, 3rd party is also 100% confirmed. No need to try and decipher that from notes.

degaston wrote:Everyone has a power role, so if we never force a power role to claim, then we don't lynch anyone and Mafia wins. Also, with this many players and everyone having a role, we may have multiple protecting, redirecting and investigating roles that can prevent them from being night-killed, or provide useful information if they are.

Agreed.
This is not a sig
Major joshzam

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives