Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Town Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 1

Postby strike wolf on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:58 am

Loose Canon wrote:So the way I'm reading it (please correct me if I'm wrong) but Sonic would have each night shot another player and nobody would have been able to see that it was Sonic who had dunnit but Sonic was town.

If i'm right its a damn shame Sonic is out because he'd have had immense fun with that role.

A PGO is a role that automatically shoots whoever visits them at night which given that Son!c tends to attract attention...probably would have been a lot of people. Though also explains why Son!c felt slightly passive even before the ban when he did not act that way in his previous game as Mafia.

A shame to lose a townie this early but PGOs are more likely (especially in the long run as mafia learn to avoid them) hurt town more than help. So it could have been a lot worse.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:37 am

In spirit then sonic is a paranoid gun owner, who has been newly elected as town sheriff, who takes care to clean his gun regularly with his own brand of special formula soap which in reality has just gunked up his pistol.

Come on town let's bring this one home for supersonic!
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby pmchugh on Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:51 pm

Devante wrote:With so many roles, with no prior knowledge, nothing seems real. So. being town, how do I deal with all the nonsense?

Read people's posts and ask yourself, would you post like this as town or mafia? Better yet, would they?

This seems hard at first because the people playing as mafia attempt to play like they are town.

I for one, have a good feeling about extreme ways being mafia.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Ok that's better than my big don't know about extreme and a couple of others.
vote Extreme ways
Major Loose Canon

Postby kongming3 on Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:21 pm

I'm not following the suspicion on extreme ways - went back and checked when you voted extreme earlier and I didn't see a justification there either. Is there something I'm missing or is this more of a gut read?
Major kongming3

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:25 pm

Loose Canon wrote:Ok that's better than my big don't know about extreme and a couple of others.
vote Extreme ways

Lmao instantly joining when PMC elaborates after I sussed you earlier.

PMC, I have one reason in my head why someone like strike would push me... But I don't see why you do? Can you elaborate a bit on why I'm mafia?

If you guess the right reason I might even tr you as a result
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:26 pm

Also om pretty sure we dont have a sheriff in this setup, right? Unless i need to read the op better
General Extreme Ways

Postby pmchugh on Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:27 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Loose Canon wrote:Ok that's better than my big don't know about extreme and a couple of others.
vote Extreme ways

PMC, I have one reason in my head why someone like strike would push me... But I don't see why you do? Can you elaborate a bit on why I'm mafia?

I am a bit confused, if I guess the right reason why you are mafia you will town read me??

Or if I guess the reason why strike would push you?
Major pmchugh

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:05 pm

pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
vote Extreme ways

I am a bit confused, if I guess the right reason why you are mafia you will town read me??

The latter :roll:
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:24 pm

I don't like how quick Loose was to jump on a vote for EW after PMC said he had a bad feeling about him.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:04 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
vote Extreme ways

As far as I can see he never pushed you in this game, given that he hasn't done it, it would be hard to guess a reason why he might hypothetically do it, as I can't even see when he did it.

Rereading strikes posts though, I don't actually see him saying much of anything until that last comment. What is wrong with Loose jumping on that feeling and voting? It's early days and if you are wolf, you wouldn't be thinking, oh here is a great chance to mislynch someone based on my one as of yet unreasoned comment. So why wouldn't you like it? Feels like scum faking town reasoning, rather than genuine experienced town player reasoning.
Major pmchugh

Postby Ragian on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 am

@PMC, why do you have a strong feeling that EW is scum? That hasn't been answered as far as I can tell...
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:24 am

I thought that he thought that my friendliness towards Kong and my focus on that he is just town can be read as not doing much whilst still posting. I don't really have definitive reads, so it's a valid thought and would tr him for that
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 am

Could it be extreme has hinted that he and Strike are lovers?
I would need some gameplay advice if there is that suspicion.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Charle on Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:17 am

At the moment Traf and Devante are very quiet, Traf is normally very talkative with constructive advice. Maybe because he is scum this time his game play change a bit.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:59 am

True.
But maybe traf fancies extreme and dev fancies strike.
And both feel slightly spurned and who could blame them?
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:55 am

pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
vote Extreme ways

As far as I can see he never pushed you in this game, given that he hasn't done it, it would be hard to guess a reason why he might hypothetically do it, as I can't even see when he did it.

Rereading strikes posts though, I don't actually see him saying much of anything until that last comment. What is wrong with Loose jumping on that feeling and voting? It's early days and if you are wolf, you wouldn't be thinking, oh here is a great chance to mislynch someone based on my one as of yet unreasoned comment. So why wouldn't you like it? Feels like scum faking town reasoning, rather than genuine experienced town player reasoning.

You gave no reason for your vote and Loose jumped on it quickly when you stated you had a reason for the vote. He's either too eager and needs a reminder that he should think out his own votes or he took it as a queue that it was time to vote. It's not worth a vote at the moment but it's interesting in a game that too this point was mostly joke votes that failed to form a wagon and claim chat that is pretty easy for experienced scum to state the known positions and blend in.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 am

pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:
vote Extreme ways

I still dont get why you voted me initially and I explained why I think someone like strike (I dont think I ever played with you) would be suspicious of my posting. It's fluffposting with a little upside.

I also dont understand the second post, but are you suspecting me based off of not ignoring Kong's now-deleted post about teammates? And that I wanted to see who would be pushing it?
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:25 am

Loose Canon wrote:True.
But maybe traf fancies extreme and dev fancies strike.
And both feel slightly spurned and who could blame them?

I fancy traf but not quite in that way
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 am

What about the big butch wolf and cute pussycat love match where either or neither of you could be scum, but less likely both?
Major Loose Canon

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:47 am

Trying to catch up here, bummer we lost a pretty good town role and would have been even better with Son!c. Not seeing any strong cases yet, kong seems a little odd to me asking all these questions, I find it odd that someone joins a CC mafia for first time with no outside prior knowledge but then again, I did the same thing :lol:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:54 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I thought that he thought that my friendliness towards Kong and my focus on that he is just town can be read as not doing much whilst still posting. I don't really have definitive reads, so it's a valid thought and would tr him for that

It was a little hypocritically based on giving advice to kong. Mafia love to post irrelevant help to newbies because; 1. It is active, 2. It makes the new player more likely to trust you and 3. It says nothing that could actually get you in trouble.

Now, you weren't the only one to do it, I did it too, but I felt the least of anything towards you in terms of suspicion or town reads of the major posters and that is often a sign of good mafia - making me forget you despite activity.

I have also been deliberately evasive to this point to test out who would defend you and who wouldn't. Who would ignore it. For instance if you turned up scum at some later point in the game, I would hard town read raigan for his defensive question - too on the nose for mafia partner. And it would put an even higher likelihood of strike being scum because he put pressure on Loose for bad reasons, which is exactly the sort of indirect defence typical mafia would employ.
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:56 am

*Pixar* wrote:Trying to catch up here, bummer we lost a pretty good town role and would have been even better with Son!c. Not seeing any strong cases yet, kong seems a little odd to me asking all these questions, I find it odd that someone joins a CC mafia for first time with no outside prior knowledge but then again, I did the same thing :lol:

Probably need to check for precedents on this but mafia love saying things like, "bummer a townie died", and mention they are catching up to ward off inactivity pushes.
Major pmchugh

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:07 am

I think it was unlikely for the Mafia to visit Sonic, while very likely for a townie to do so. So probably not the worst outcome
General TrafalgarLaw01
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby pmchugh on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:14 am

Here is a precedent for what I mentioned above. Last game charle is scum, and he starts basically every single day saying, "good for town" or "bad for town".

Charle wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Ah right loose might have been the Scum target

Yes that might be right, but I ask myself the question, why LC? I still need to go through all Loose's posts but I don't remember him as any threat to anybody although I think it was lucky for town though. I am not experienced, but could it be a random choice?

The poisoner is also interesting, so hopefully he was on target to hit scum.

Charle wrote:Wow, I am now really confused of what happened last night. I really would like to contribute but there are so many questions for a newby here that does not makes sense.

I think it was a great night for town to kill one mafia
, surely LC poisoned Sonic on night 1 before he was visited by Votanic. According to Kingm and the lynch result, Votanic visited LC to protect him with his life on N1? If he visited and say scum killed LC, why was Votanic still alive the next day and why would he go out and protect LC with his life on N1 and why did it not work? Did he really visit LC?

Charle wrote:Morning people, this is a bad loss for us. I really liked DDS's game analysis and his posts made sense.

I took some time to read through all the posts again and will give my summary a bit later. For now, I would really like to hear what Kingm saw last night.

Charle wrote:Morning Everybody,

This is great for town!! I protected Kingm last night. My thoughts were Ewe would be the obvious one to protect so scum would then go for Kingm, which might have been the case. Also could be one of Devante's objects if he really used them?

It is going to be very interesting what Kingm and Ewe's results were. Who did you block last night Devante? That might also be a reason for no killing? And also who did you save?

Unvote vote pixar
Major pmchugh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games