Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D1 The Hunt for Saren

Postby madmitch on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm

benga wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Let's lynch the lowest ranked player.

social or cc rank?
mitch wins on both I think :mrgreen:

:cry: :cry: I just can't get into a fircoat vote just yet,don't see enough against him yet. We are all guilty at sometimes at lurky. As per my previous statement ,I was just saying one of my objectives was to get rid of the 1 or more 3rd parties
Cadet madmitch

Re: Mass Effect 1 - N1 Approaching Feros

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Shepards team has pursued Saren and the Geth across the galaxy, visiting several planets along the way. Fighting off the Geth and taking any leads to unravel what Saren is planning. After launching a probe on ehm...Uranus, Shepard pursues a lead of Geth activity to the planet Feros, where several Prothean relics lie. What will Shepard find? Or is it perhaps an ambush?

Days 1 has ended, you have 72 hours to send me your actions.

Days 2 begins Friday the 14th, 3pm -8GMT (-7UTC)
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: Mass Effect 1 - N1 Approaching Feros

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 am

Just a reminder everyone: Days 2 will begin in almost 12 hours from now. I've received most of your actions, but still missing a few.

If you don't plan on taking an action, no need to PM me.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Mass Effect 1 - D2 Something ancient...

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Shepard's team arrives, and immediately are greeted by Geth. The team makes it's way to Zhu's Hope where the colonists are under attack, begging Shepard and his team to help fight off the attack.

After clearing out the threat, the team makes their way back to Zhu's Hope, and talks with the leader there, although...Something seems off about the colonists. They have been acting strangely, even upon the teams arrival. Regardless, the colonists were extremely grateful for the help.

Learning nothing about Sarens whereabouts, the team heads back to the Normandy to plan their next route. With the team plotting their next course, Shepard can't help but feel something is just...Off.

Many decisions lie ahead, none of them easy.

With 17 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 2 has begun.
Dukasaur wrote:

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D2 Something ancient...

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:15 am

Deadline is Friday July 28. No specific time because I can't seem to meet them.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Pikanchion on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:02 am

So I'd say it's fairly safe to assume the Thorian is a Third Party with cult mechanics at this point, presumably the only one that's active right now (save for presumably a convertee). The lack of night kill is certainly interesting also, Saren's team surely has a night kill, so it seems this was prevented somehow. On the off-chance that this kill was prevented via roleblock rather than a doctor or bulletproof (or similar) role I would say the probable cult is currently the greater threat of the two, although there's not much for me to go on to try and discover who either are at this point.

Any leads?
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:53 am

that is strange :o :o :o no night kills, I wonder why not ? It is going to be hard to find scum at this junction, any suggestions anyone ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:15 am

So no lynch, no night kills, does anyone have anything we can go off? I agree with the Third Party idea about Thorian, and that they could be the greater threat right now.

As for my vote against Dakky and my very (very) weak argument for lynching him was mainly a day 1 joke. Trying to start a bandwagon for luls.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 am

so another day 1 vote stage then??? :)

@ skittles i think the only thing to really go off would be the lurkers from day 1. pressure on them can always lead to something.

apart from that no idea.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby benga on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:11 am

I have jailed caff and there is no kill

vote caff
Sergeant benga

Postby madmitch on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:27 am

benga wrote:I have jailed caff and there is no kill

vote caff

what does that mean ? is he still in jail now? Caff can you add to this statement or not ? Will not jump on wagon yet.
Cadet madmitch

Postby benga on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:28 am

madmitch wrote:
benga wrote:I have jailed caff and there is no kill

vote caff

what does that mean ? is he still in jail now? Caff can you add to this statement or not ? Will not jump on wagon yet.

I can jail one person per N
Sergeant benga

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 am

Jailing someone is basically role blocking them, but you can also save them from being killed. There's your explanation dickshit, I love you thanks. I guess my D1 had the intended effect, at least partly.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:35 am

I'll post again when I've had time to look over D1 posts - which will likely be mostly useless - and figure out who tried to off me.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 am

Skittles! wrote:So no lynch, no night kills, does anyone have anything we can go off? I agree with the Third Party idea about Thorian, and that they could be the greater threat right now.

As for my vote against Dakky and my very (very) weak argument for lynching him was mainly a day 1 joke. Trying to start a bandwagon for luls.

Defending against backlash that happened 5 days ago? I totally forgot 2 people had even mentioned your vote. Pika was the one who gave you the FOS but then he didn't even mention you today. Your agreeing with him could be a buddy up, especially since you claim to have never played ME. Although you did give some hints as to wiki'ing thorian already. Either way, I don't like it one bit.

vote skittz
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 am

Statistically about benga jailing Caff.. I do believe more chance there was to jail the one who tried to pull the trigger than the one who was targeted for a kill. In a game this size, out of 17 people, 4-5 are scum, so statistically, one of them have to carry out the shooting... that's like 20-25% to stop a kill by jailing... and the chance to stop someone being killed is like one in 12 or 13 (7-8%). I'm inclined to vote Caff by that reasoning.

vote Caffeine
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:29 pm

the odds don't look good for you Caff, no one died and you being jailed seems kind of obvious who to go for unless someone else was also jailed or blocked 8-[
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 pm

BTW, story-wise, I do wonder why Nihilus didn't get killed N1, even by mods hand (remember me being Mufasa in Lion King) even if Nihilus is a NPC... this probably means Nihilus is a player, still alive. So if we're not following the story of ME1, everything can happen I guess...
Captain dakky21

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:07 pm

dakky21 wrote:Statistically about benga jailing Caff.. I do believe more chance there was to jail the one who tried to pull the trigger than the one who was targeted for a kill. In a game this size, out of 17 people, 4-5 are scum, so statistically, one of them have to carry out the shooting... that's like 20-25% to stop a kill by jailing... and the chance to stop someone being killed is like one in 12 or 13 (7-8%). I'm inclined to vote Caff by that reasoning.

vote Caffeine

dakky21 wrote:BTW, story-wise, I do wonder why Nihilus didn't get killed N1, even by mods hand (remember me being Mufasa in Lion King) even if Nihilus is a NPC... this probably means Nihilus is a player, still alive. So if we're not following the story of ME1, everything can happen I guess...

So, you speak about me being jailed and (whichever perspective you take) that is why nobody died N1. In your following post you say "why didnt Nihilus die N1?" You're basically contradicting yourself, not to mention how would anyone know who is playing Nihilus, apart from themselves? Your comment about the story is literally so inane it's unreal. It's more useless than dry water.

Based on your completely useless, filler second post, which in turn totally contradicts your reasoning for voting me, I'm extremely tempted to vote you. My only concern is whether the town here would see it as bussing, or whether they actually have brains.

Are you struggling to coordinate yourself in this game Dakky?

madmitch wrote:the odds don't look good for you Caff, no one died and you being jailed seems kind of obvious who to go for unless someone else was also jailed or blocked 8-[

I don't really care about your opinion.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Blah blah blah...too many ifs to base a case on Caff just on a jail keep...blah blah blah...there could even be a traditional role blocker or doc in the game who stopped it...blah blah blah... there's probably not an SK as two failed kills is unlikely...would be more interested in his reactions to the third party conversation...Bob Loblaw...will mull over day 1 again.

Liara: Let me get inside your mind Shepard.
Garrus: Bromance? No. Ultimate bromance
Wrex: You're not bad, for such a squishy bastard.
Kaiden: Hello Shepard. I am not a robot.
Ashley: I hate all aliens but I'll ignore your sympathy towards them Shepard because you're cute...as long as you don't choose Liara.
Saren: I want to kill you and yet. I LOVE YOU!!!
Anderson: I'm getting too old for this shit. That's why you're the captain now Shepard.
Udina: I'll support you when it benefits me but remember I'll throw you out the door as soon as it doesnt.
Conrad Verner: NOTICE ME SEMPAI!!!
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Any discussion of Mass Effect itself is lost on me.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Minister Masket on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't often play with (or use when modding) third parties or cults, so I reckon this would be a good stage to speculating exactly what goals they have in mind. If anything a general overview of what they tend to get up to would be of benefit to our newer players.

Interesting that people are still voting for Caffeine when the scum are seen as the lesser threat right now.

I'll hold off on that vote for now, because I have a risky plan in mind. Benga, are ye willing to jail Caffeine again tonight to see if another night kill can be stopped? I don't often see this crop up in mafia, but it's debatable whether a hamstrung anti-town player is more useful than a dead one.

"HURRR DURRR Vote MM for trying to get town to spill night actions"
- Some Pleb potentially a few posts from now

Noo....not asking benga to do anything. Just a penny for his thoughts.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 pm

So the only way we know what happened at night is by players saying what they did, whether they actually did it or not?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby dakky21 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Thorthoth wrote:So the only way we know what happened at night is by players saying what they did, whether they actually did it or not?

That's the whole point of this game. Trust or don't trust, say right or wrong, say true or not... btw I don't like the newbie card you're playing.

iAmCaffeine wrote:So, you speak about me being jailed and (whichever perspective you take) that is why nobody died N1. In your following post you say "why didnt Nihilus die N1?" You're basically contradicting yourself, not to mention how would anyone know who is playing Nihilus, apart from themselves? Your comment about the story is literally so inane it's unreal. It's more useless than dry water.

You didn't play Lion King mafia so you don't know how it feels when you get mod-killed because mod wanted to follow a story-line. In that game I just had to die so the game can follow the cartoon story. I am happy it didn't happen here so that's why I said I guess everything is possible.
Captain dakky21

Postby Pikanchion on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:40 pm

dakky21 wrote:BTW, story-wise, I do wonder why Nihilus didn't get killed N1, even by mods hand (remember me being Mufasa in Lion King) even if Nihilus is a NPC... this probably means Nihilus is a player, still alive. So if we're not following the story of ME1, everything can happen I guess...

Saren's treachery is only revealed upon his killing of Nihlus (both in the canon, and in this game), this is even made explicitly clear in the day beginning text of Day 1 (cut down to just the relevant paragraphs):
DirtyDishSoap wrote:The scene opens aboard the SSV Normandy, before they make a FTL jump to the Eden Prime system. Commander Shepard makes his way to the bridge and is greeted by Nihlus, a Turian Spectre and Captain Anderson. Anderson and Nihlus both brief Shepard on the situation. An attack on the Eden Prime colony from an unknown force. Last known video transmission is shown of brief combat, and a disturbing image of an unknown ship. Shepards mission is to secure the Prothean beacon and to save any colonists that he finds. Nihlus will go ahead and scout the area whilst evaluating Shepards candidacy for becoming a Spectre.
-
With the departure of the ship, Shepard finds Nihlus' body, with evidence of foul play and Saren, a fellow Spectre, being recently present before Nihlus is killed. Shepard pushes forward and fights off the Geth assault. Finding the beacon at last, Shepard approaches it as it emits something similar to a data transfer. Shepard is lifted off the grown and then thrown, he is injured during the mission, but the mission itself is considered a success despite the setbacks.
-
Captain Anderson, Ambassador Uhle and Commander Shepard approach the Council with the news of the mission on Eden Prime, and the evidence. Nihlus is murdered, the Geth attacked a colony, an alien warning, and a massive capital ship that dwarfs anything in the known galaxy, next to the Citadel.
After much deliberation, and heated discussion, the Council concludes that Shepard will be appointed Spectre, and his first mission, to stop Saren and his plans by any means necessary...

Currently the only people who may want things to be seen as non-canonical in this game are those associated with the as yet unconfirmed threat of the Thorian...
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives