Conquer Club

Prison Mafia TOWN WIN !!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game?

Poll ended at Sat May 20, 2023 4:31 am

*Pixar*
No votes
chanakam2020
No votes
Darin44
No votes
degaston
44%
Dukasaur
No votes
DukeHazzard
No votes
Dunk90
No votes
fusibaseball
31%
i-andrei
No votes
joshzam
No votes
Maxleod
13%
PepeAtila
No votes
pershy
No votes
Ragian
13%
TheJMac
No votes
TheJonah
No votes
TrafalgarLaw01
No votes
traffic133
No votes

Total votes : 16

Re: Prison Mafia DAY 4

Postby pershy on Wed May 10, 2023 3:10 am

degaston wrote:BTW, It seems like it would have been much better if Duke had asked if people were town, rather than asking if they were mafia. Not only is that more useful for town, but then he would have gotten three extra day questions. But scum don't know town from 3rd party, so if he's scum, then it would be safer for him to say he phrased the question that way.

v good point
Lieutenant pershy

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 am

Interesting, pershy. You are allowed to vote someone other than JMac, but I'm not.

@Pixar and Dega lovebirds, I asked specifically if Pixar lied. I did not ask of magnitude of lies. If adhering to a LAL policy, surely voting for Pix when he is about to be lynched would fit that policy.

As mentioned earlier (not that I presume anyone is reading properly), I would indeed need convincing if I were to change my vote from Pixar because he has shown clearly that he is just in it for himself adhering to a "lynch whoever is not me" policy. That's some dangerous shit having about. Especially with a weapon.

Therefore, Dega, I need convincing. You're saying that a lynch of Duke gives us three townies. Is that set in stone, or does it just mean that we get three who are not scum?
Captain Ragian

Postby *Pixar* on Wed May 10, 2023 7:30 am

Obviously, you all not knowing the truth about Dukes investigation on N1 and N2 on Pepe and I not being Mafia. I for one believe Duke's role, because I know my own... For now I will UNVOTE. Was only a fan of voting JMAC because of the inactivity level, looks like he won't be lynched today. Waiting to see how all this plays out.
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fusibaseball on Wed May 10, 2023 7:44 am

It took me twice reading Deg's post to fully digest this but he is spitting facts over there. If you need convincing, I recommend re-reading this part specifically ("you" refers to Pepe here)

degaston wrote:...
The reason for lynching Duke is to know if he was telling the truth about Pixar, you, and i-andrei. He's admitted that he lied about receiving a note that your town, and now claims that he knows it from his power. None of the rest of us know if he was telling the truth (except you and the scum), and I think a lot of us find it suspicious that you wouldn't vote for halrob on either day. Under those circumstances, I'd say you're a prime candidate for being lynched. It doesn't matter if Duke trusts you at that point if not enough others do, you could be lynched and he couldn't save you. If you're town, then the scum would be happy to join in.

• If we lynch Duke, then we will know for sure if he is town or scum. (I don't think it's likely that he's 3rd party)
  • If he's town, then we can assume that he was telling the truth about you, and we'll have three people that all the townies will know are not scum.
  • If he's scum, then at least we've eliminated another scum, and then we'll then have to try to figure out your alignment from there. (he might still have been telling the truth about you)

Under most circumstances, if there is a choice that will either kill one scum, or kill one town and get three confirmed non-scum, then that is a bargain that we should take every chance we get.

Also, @Don Raz, something is wrong in your vote tally but I can't figure out what it is. We have 13 players eligible to vote, and you have the 13 lined up on the right, but the vote count at the bottom totals 14 instead of 13 and I don't know why. Thank you for all you do

Razorvich wrote:DAY 4 VOTE COUNT #3

*Pixar* - TheJMac
Darin44 - Ragian - *Pixar* - DukeHazzard
degaston - DukeHazzard
Dukasaur - *Pixar*
DukeHazzard - TheJMac
Dunk90 - *Pixar*
fusibaseball - *Pixar* - DukeHazzard
i-andrei - TheJMac - DukeHazzard
Maxleod - *Pixar* - Ragian - TheJMac
PepeAtila - TheJMac
pershy - TheJMac
Ragian - *Pixar*
TheJMac - *Pixar*

*Pixar* - 4
DukeHazzard - 4
TheJMac - 5

AROUND 24 HOURS UNTIL THE END OF DAY 4
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby fusibaseball on Wed May 10, 2023 7:44 am

*13 lined up on the left, not the right
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby DukeHazzard on Wed May 10, 2023 8:27 am

pershy wrote:
degaston wrote:BTW, It seems like it would have been much better if Duke had asked if people were town, rather than asking if they were mafia. Not only is that more useful for town, but then he would have gotten three extra day questions. But scum don't know town from 3rd party, so if he's scum, then it would be safer for him to say he phrased the question that way.

v good point

You can chalk the wording of my questions up to inexperience. I can see now how it would have been better to ask if people were town to get my day question. This is the first time I have played this game. I have never even heard of this game before now. I actually thought I was signing up for a tourny on the Mafia map.

Answer me this question. If I am scum, why would I ask if someone else is scum? I should know all the other scum players, yes? That doesn't make sense to me as a form of logic on your part.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby DukeHazzard on Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 am

Another thought. You're attributing a level of game play on my part as higher than my experience. imho
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 9:09 am

DukeHazzard wrote:Answer me this question. If I am scum, why would I ask if someone else is scum? I should know all the other scum players, yes? That doesn't make sense to me as a form of logic on your part.
If you are scum, then your actual power may have nothing to do with asking questions of Raz. Since scum cannot tell town from 3rd party, it would be easier to avoid being caught in a lie by saying that you asked if someone was mafia.

And in case you missed it, did you have any reason for saying this:
DukeHazzard wrote:On another note, I have a suspicion that one of the mafia is posing as town. I'm not sure who, but Maxleod, pershy, and Ragian are on that list, in no particular order.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 9:12 am

I feel overlooked, Dega.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 9:16 am

Ragian wrote:I feel overlooked, Dega.
A little patience, please. :D
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 9:19 am

Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 am

Ragian wrote:Interesting, pershy. You are allowed to vote someone other than JMac, but I'm not.

@Pixar and Dega lovebirds, I asked specifically if Pixar lied. I did not ask of magnitude of lies. If adhering to a LAL policy, surely voting for Pix when he is about to be lynched would fit that policy.

As mentioned earlier (not that I presume anyone is reading properly), I would indeed need convincing if I were to change my vote from Pixar because he has shown clearly that he is just in it for himself adhering to a "lynch whoever is not me" policy. That's some dangerous shit having about. Especially with a weapon.

Therefore, Dega, I need convincing. You're saying that a lynch of Duke gives us three townies. Is that set in stone, or does it just mean that we get three who are not scum?

I've tried to be clear in my language throughout this by saying that we would have three confirmed non-scum if we lynch Duke and he flips town. I think the only time I slipped was early in my discussion with Duke.

I also feel like I've been pretty clear about why it's better to lynch Duke, and you haven't commented on my posts. Is there something I've said that you disagree with?
Can you tell me why you think it's better to lynch Pixar?
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 9:32 am

fusibaseball wrote:*13 lined up on the left, not the right

5 + 4 + 4 = 13. What's the problem?
Brigadier degaston

Postby *Pixar* on Wed May 10, 2023 9:43 am

degaston wrote:
fusibaseball wrote:*13 lined up on the left, not the right

5 + 4 + 4 = 13. What's the problem?

:lol: Math is hard :lol:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby fusibaseball on Wed May 10, 2023 9:49 am

I had it in my head as 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 :ugeek: Ignore me
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 10:08 am

degaston wrote:
Ragian wrote:Interesting, pershy. You are allowed to vote someone other than JMac, but I'm not.

I've tried to be clear in my language throughout this by saying that we would have three confirmed non-scum if we lynch Duke and he flips town. I think the only time I slipped was early in my discussion with Duke.

I also feel like I've been pretty clear about why it's better to lynch Duke, and you haven't commented on my posts. Is there something I've said that you disagree with?

Just like you feel you've been clear in your language, I feel I've been very clear when saying why I ended up at Pixar - stating, however, that I could be persuaded to something different. I think Pixar's play throughout screams non-town - and yes, that might be 3rd party, but I don't think he's town. Duke's play - while not at all throught through, but it's his first game - has a scent of honesty to it. I understand that he might just be pulling my leg, but I'm fairly certain that Pixar is not town based on his play.

Now, if we look at the long run: What do we get from lynching Pixar? If he flips scum, happy days, but even if he's 3rd party, we remove the possibility that he signs up with scum towards the end in order to meet his own (selfish) win condition. If we lynch Duke, on the other hand, and he's town, we lose a valuable town role that works along the lines of a cop, and we have already lost our cop.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 10:11 am

*thought

@Dega, I get your point about confirming three players as non-scum. And it's your selling point at this stage. The reason I'm asking you is because as a shank-gifter and one of the few experienced players that is able to rise above one-sided blindness, I value your input. I just don't know if three non-scum players outweigh losing another investigate role. Do you?
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 10:16 am

fusibaseball wrote:I had it in my head as 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 :ugeek: Ignore me

:lol:
Brigadier degaston

Postby *Pixar* on Wed May 10, 2023 10:28 am

Ragian wrote:
degaston wrote:

Just like you feel you've been clear in your language, I feel I've been very clear when saying why I ended up at Pixar - stating, however, that I could be persuaded to something different. I think Pixar's play throughout screams non-town - and yes, that might be 3rd party, but I don't think he's town. Duke's play - while not at all throught through, but it's his first game - has a scent of honesty to it. I understand that he might just be pulling my leg, but I'm fairly certain that Pixar is not town based on his play.

Now, if we look at the long run: What do we get from lynching Pixar? If he flips scum, happy days, but even if he's 3rd party, we remove the possibility that he signs up with scum towards the end in order to meet his own (selfish) win condition. If we lynch Duke, on the other hand, and he's town, we lose a valuable town role that works along the lines of a cop, and we have already lost our cop.

What happens when you find out I'm town? We lose a valuable person who cannot be night killed? What happens if Duke turns 3rd party/Scum, you are failing to explore the options on the other end of both of us lol
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PepeAtila on Wed May 10, 2023 10:39 am

degaston wrote: The point is that scum need townies to trust them so that they don't get lynched. That is why they want to gain your trust. then perhaps you'd also like some free candy?

Agree, but mainly those who already are considered as townies, my question is how many of you where thinking I was towny when I was muted on D3? so, for me was clear I could be Lynched on D3, so I think the way an experienced scum can 'play' with you is not the situation when DukeHazzard told about the letter 'P'
This image can show you different points of view. Of course if I see this van I will not think they give me there 'gratis sugar' (with no charge) - perhaps with a brand new van it would be easier to fool people - , so in this old van I see a request of freedom of a girl named Candy.
degaston wrote:Regarding the bold text, how do you feel about the Duke votes that are there now vs the votes for Pixar or JMac? Does it look like mafia is eager to jump on this bandwagon? It doesn't to me.
I shoul not tell how I see it, because I know nothing but keep in mind 3 or 4 or 5 voting are scum. I am sure they all will jump when they can achieve the success. Something is clear the moment we were deciding between 2 people the Lynch, and now I think is very difficult to reach any. I will never understand why it should be in a hurry.
degaston wrote:So even though Duke says he trusts you, if you are actually town, then it is in your best interest to lynch him.

Really? I prefer to be 3rd party and not lynch him.

Razorvich wrote:DAY 4 VOTE COUNT #3

*Pixar* - TheJMac
Darin44 - Ragian - *Pixar* - DukeHazzard
degaston - DukeHazzard
Dukasaur - *Pixar*
DukeHazzard - TheJMac
Dunk90 - *Pixar*
fusibaseball - *Pixar* - DukeHazzard
i-andrei - TheJMac - DukeHazzard
Maxleod - *Pixar* - Ragian - TheJMac
PepeAtila - TheJMac
pershy - TheJMac
Ragian - *Pixar*
TheJMac - *Pixar*

*Pixar* - 4
DukeHazzard - 4
TheJMac - 5

AROUND 24 HOURS UNTIL THE END OF DAY 4

I should unvote becase I was telling for the day 4 I will vote with the majority and the the 3 of them are even.
unvote
Captain PepeAtila

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 11:35 am

Ragian wrote:Just like you feel you've been clear in your language, I feel I've been very clear when saying why I ended up at Pixar - stating, however, that I could be persuaded to something different. I think Pixar's play throughout screams non-town - and yes, that might be 3rd party, but I don't think he's town. Duke's play - while not at all throught through, but it's his first game - has a scent of honesty to it. I understand that he might just be pulling my leg, but I'm fairly certain that Pixar is not town based on his play.

Pixar's play has been a bit of a mixed bag, but I wouldn't say that it "screams" non-town. He's been under attack since the start because of his early Dunk vote, (which did have some justification), and because of his role power and claimed misunderstanding of it. But I can believe that if I misunderstood that the silencing aspect of my role was automatic, then I might say that I had nothing to do with silencing someone if I had not directed Razor to do it. I don't see what the upside was for him to deny an automatic action, so why would he intentionally try to deny it?

Pixar's power is mod-confirmed, and the closest thing to his claimed role (Ghost) is listed as being a town role. Can you explain why you think it would be useful for either scum or 3rd party?

The "last straw" for your vote on Pixar was just him getting on the JMac bandwagon with a side of OMGUS. He's not going to vote for himself, so is there someone else you think he should have voted for?

Duke's play mostly just confuses me. You can chalk up a lot of mistakes to inexperience, but that doesn't really tell you about his alignment. I suspect that he's telling the truth about Pixar and i-andrei at least, but he might be bundling a scum Pepe in there to try to make a safe group with 2 scum and 2 town. Maybe Pepe is town, and trusts Duke because he's "confirmed" him, or maybe Pepe trusts him because they're scum buddies. I think the situation becomes much more clear if Duke is lynched.

Then there's his claimed role. We don't have a name for it yet, but he says he's not a medium. It appears to be the only role identified so far that has no connection to Mafia.gg. Does that not strike you as suspicious? And do you not find his claim to be very overpowered? In the hands of a more experienced player, I think it would be almost game-breaking. Yes, it would be a shame to lose it if he's telling the truth, but what good is it if we can't trust what he says? Do you lynch someone that he says is mafia? Do you avoid lynching someone he says is town? Are you willing to put the fate of the game in his hands?

Lynching him will at least confirm whether what is has said so far about three players is reliable or not. And that is more than you almost ever get from a lynch.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 12:01 pm

PepeAtila wrote:<stuff>

Sorry, I'm finding some of your post to be difficult to understand, but I'll try to respond:
  • I think it's generally considered bad/scummy to lynch a player who's silenced because they can't defend themselves or claim their role.
  • The "Free Candy" van is an old meme implying something that you should definitely not trust.
  • Any player who suddenly switched their vote and hammered a player who turned out to be town, would be a good candidate for lynching the next day. They probably wouldn't do that unless they knew they were about to win the game.
  • Saying you prefer to be 3rd party is not a good look for someone who's claiming to be town.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 12:31 pm

Fine. I want to believe. unvote vote Duke

@Pixar, I think Dega laid out the scenario if Duke us scum quite nicely earlier. If we get to night, shank whoever you find most scummy. Also, I kept my shank for a couple of nights before using it. You won't lose it by not using it.
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed May 10, 2023 12:48 pm

Ragian wrote:Fine. I want to believe. unvote vote Duke

@Pixar, I think Dega laid out the scenario if Duke us scum quite nicely earlier. If we get to night, shank whoever you find most scummy. Also, I kept my shank for a couple of nights before using it. You won't lose it by not using it.

At this point I don't know if I'd go shanking someone unless I had some pretty good evidence that they were scum. We don't need another actorday killer doing scum's work for them, whoever that was. ;)
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed May 10, 2023 1:12 pm

Yeah. What a frigging idiot. Shank him!
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives