Conquer Club

PKMN Beach Mafia: Cult Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Day 2 - Blood in the Water

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:58 pm

strike wolf wrote:There is a difference between splitting the vote and wanting more discussion Marashu. I didn't push hard on Richard or Tim yesterday because I saw no reason at the time to derail the Buj wagon. He was acting scummy and given the results of his flip, it would appear he had intentionally been so. So yes I wanted to encourage discussion on a day 1 where we basically lynched one of the first two targets to come up and was only 7 pages.

@dakky: actually I have little doubt that Rish is telling the truth about his secondary win condition. I mean he is still likely mafia (jail keeper is a relatively safe mafia fake claim) but there's not too much reason to lie about having a controversial win condition where you are basically encouraging any water pokemon to Lynch you. Yet I digress as this is mostly only really relevant if Rish flips town.

@Rish:who did you jail keep last night?

Now I guess I should come forward. I am Unown (by request) master of vowels and I took away o from IB. it was nothing personal IB, I just recalled hotshot giving you a PR day 2 of our last mafia together and it ended with you leaving a bunch of scum tells so I thought I might try to see if it worked twice.

0f c0urse it is n0t pers0nal. L0L I als0 suspected H0tsh0t 0r s0me0ne was baiting me as well. I lied that time because the game bef0re that s0me0ne, I f0rget wh0, had an ann0ying PR the wh0le game. When I received it I th0ught it was the m0d wh0 gave it t0 me n0t a player. I d0 stupid crap like that at times, which is why I feighned I was silenced. I did n0t relize a player had given it t0 me DUH.

The pr0blem I have is that I c0uld have died with y0ur PR... Heck I can still die, th0ugh the chance has narr0wed c0nsiderably. Master 0f V0wels suggests plural.

S0 tell us...why the p0ssibility 0f death? Y0u must have a the0ry 0r 0utright kn0w.
I find it 0dd that if y0u are T0wn and y0ur PR is 0ne that just causes ann0yance BUT als0 the p0ssibility 0f death then that d0es n0t seem very much help f0r T0wn.
Y0u have als0 claimed with0ut pressure to do so or even a Need to.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Vote Count

Marashu (1) - Dakky
rishaed (4) - aage, Hotshot, mandy, Marashu

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Iron Butterfly has been modkilled.

Poliwhirl, Town Mason has tripped over his own tongue and landed on his head!

The day continues as if nothing happened.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Doom, you're making it more bastard than it needs to be. Ok, he failed once, twice, and third time he didn't change 4 o's in the last sentence but he did change it like 50 times in the post... not fair from my point of view. Mistakes happen. Also, the PR should have been 90% of the post should not contain "o" vowel just to avoid scenes like this.

With 14 people playing, we can assume at least 4 are mafia, so now with modkill it leaves us to 11 people out of which 4 are scum, which mean 7 players are town. With a mislynch that's 6, with a night kill it's 5... and if there's a vig/SK who got jailed last night but goes on this night and chooses a townie, we're practically at LYLO currently.

I don't like the setup and the modkill, that's all what I can say.
Captain dakky21

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:20 pm

rishaed wrote:So I'm going to claim before L-2 Just so I get not get hit with a "we ran out of time, so i guess lynching him is the best option."
I am Ninetails. (by request) My move is FireSpin and I'm essentially a jailkeeper.
now as Town i have a conflicting 2ndary wincon.
As a fire pokemon I hate water, so I want to lynch water pokemon.
It is the main reason why i have been super sensitive about the entire 2 WC thing b/c it is conflicting with my goals as town. It is not to lynch mafia directly but water type pokemon.

"essentially" a jailkeeper? What do you mean by that? Reading what FireSpin does, sounds more like a roleblock ability than jailkeeper... it just holds the opponent, doesn't protect them. So for now I think there is a good chance rishead is scum, and will be leaving my vote there.

If he does flip scum, then dakky will get a big FOS...

It's too bad about IB, slipped up at the end of his post there :( SW giving a post restriction that can kill is pretty suspicious...
Major HotShot53

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Day 1 - Sunny Day/Cloudy Day

Postby william18 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:44 pm

aage wrote:He never said he intentionally made mistakes. He only said that he was gonna play in a way that would arouse suspicion - doesn't mean intentional mistakes. Besides, you started advocating for him on page four, put him as town on page five while the post you're referencing about him admitting suspicious playstyle is on page six... You're telling me that you already knew he was intentionally drawing attention to himself through his suspicious plays? What insight you must have.

This part is what is particularly convincing for me. The logic for his thought process is faulty because perhaps it wasnt in fact what he thought. He very well could have seen the Bujaber lynch as an opportunity to acquire town cred.

dakky21 wrote:
So Marashu reads town or leaning town all three of them who voted and wagoned onto BuJaber and made a wrong decision. Now wagoning on Rishaed for what? For aage making a case on him for NOT voting a town player? I just don't seem to get it. aage makes a case and these three from previous mislynch quickly stick to the wagon! WTF ?!

I think that it is perfectly possible and reasonable to look at rishead not because he didn't vote town, but because i think he is not being transparent with his role.

HotShot53 wrote:
"essentially" a jailkeeper? What do you mean by that? Reading what FireSpin does, sounds more like a roleblock ability than jailkeeper... it just holds the opponent, doesn't protect them. So for now I think there is a good chance rishead is scum, and will be leaving my vote there.

If he does flip scum, then dakky will get a big FOS...

It's too bad about IB, slipped up at the end of his post there :( SW giving a post restriction that can kill is pretty suspicious...

I agree with the bolded part.

I'm on the fence, rishead is either a scum trying to build rep, or his secondary win condition, made him want to avoid lynching bujaber in favour of finding a water pokemon. This implies rishaed believed the graveler claim. If we lynch rishaed, we get info into dakky. If rishaed is scum, im thinking dakky is scum. I'm gonna put rishaed at -1 since I think this path will give us insight into dakky, and aage aswell, who formulated this whole argument.

vote rishaed
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Day 1 - Sunny Day/Cloudy Day

Postby dakky21 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:00 pm

william18 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:If he does flip scum, then dakky will get a big FOS...

I agree with the bolded part.

I'm on the fence, rishead is either a scum trying to build rep, or his secondary win condition, made him want to avoid lynching bujaber in favour of finding a water pokemon. This implies rishaed believed the graveler claim. If we lynch rishaed, we get info into dakky. If rishaed is scum, im thinking dakky is scum. I'm gonna put rishaed at -1 since I think this path will give us insight into dakky, and aage aswell, who formulated this whole argument.

vote rishaed

Well, let's see...

unvote, vote Rishaed

If he turns town, it's game over anyway.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 pm

EBWOP: My hammer. And don't get me wrong, I do believe Rish is town and everything was a plot from aage, mandy, marashu and hotshot, but they played it perfectly so at this point, it doesn't matter if Rish will turn scum or town - if he turns scum, I'll be next for lynch which means town will lose, if he flips town, town already lost. So as AoG would say, just speeding up the process since no one cares for what I said before about their plot.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:12 pm

@ Strike wolf was that your 2 w/c having someone die over not being able to use the vowel o ? or were you just targeting town? I think you are mafia and you went after I.B. BECAUSE YOU KNEW HE WASN'T MAFIA. VOTE STRIKEWOLF
Cadet madmitch

Postby madmitch on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 pm

VOTE STRIKEWOLF
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 pm

Mitch, you're too late, rishaed is lynched by my hammer.
Captain dakky21

Re: PKMN Beach Mafia: Night 2: Acid Reflux

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:28 pm

The Pokemon didn't take long to find someone to blame for yesterday's mislynch. They quickly picked a pokemon who said some clairvoyant things the day before.

The acid marks on the Rhyhorn were enough to make the town suspicious of the Victreebel. "But I am a Cat o' Ninetails was his response". "Those aren't tails, those are vines..."

As soon as the night struck, the Victreebel had turned to weeds:

rishaed, Unblockable Mafia Victreebel has been lynched! Night 2 Begin!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 pm

This is what life is like with a learning disorder LOL. Even with centrel F and 0 I still couldnt do it.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:54 pm

Good lynch Town by the way.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:25 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:Good lynch Town by the way.

Ugh. Gg.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 am

I've received most of the actions. I'm going to post a scene soon, it's just a pain not being on an actual computer.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Another night, another sighting of the blue Pontiac and egg salad sandwich. The town had not grown suspicious that people were not who they used to be. Did someone say cult game?

With no acid attacks, the mafia found themselves feebled. However, the night was not without incident as a splash attack left another corpse.

TimWoodbury, Town Surfing Pikachu has fainted!

Day 3 Begin
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Welp, start talking Dakky.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Also, Tim's death seems like a vigi shot to me regardless of the scene flavour.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:10 pm

best of luck town
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby Marashu on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:27 pm

@strike - was having IB (or anyone) die by vowels one of your wincons? If so, and if that means you've cleared that wincon, did you choose to target anyone last night?
@dakky - why did you hammer rish?

I think the most puzzling thing to me right now is why rish felt the need to fakeclaim Ninetales in the first place.
Major Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:09 pm

aage wrote:Welp, start talking Dakky.

aage wrote:Also, Tim's death seems like a vigi shot to me regardless of the scene flavour.

So agressive start from you, and I read you now.
Why does it seems like a vigi shot?
How would you know it was a vigilante shot in any way other if you weren't scum, but got blocked somehow?
Of course, you can say you blocked mafia and I'm waiting for that.

I'll talk a bit later, let's first talk about you and your "findings about a vigi".

Marashu wrote:@dakky - why did you hammer rish?

Because I really thought we're at LYLO, you can read my reasons in older posts, so it was kill or wait to kill. I'd rather not wait, just like as AoG hammered already hammered BuJaber so I hammered him to progress to the N2.
Captain dakky21

Postby aage on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:20 pm

dakky21 wrote:
aage wrote:Welp, start talking Dakky.

aage wrote:Also, Tim's death seems like a vigi shot to me regardless of the scene flavour.

So agressive start from you, and I read you now.
Why does it seems like a vigi shot?
How would you know it was a vigilante shot in any way other if you weren't scum, but got blocked somehow?
Of course, you can say you blocked mafia and I'm waiting for that.

I'll talk a bit later, let's first talk about you and your "findings about a vigi".

Considering yesterday's lynch, I don't think I have to explain anything to you.

Besides...
dakky21 wrote:if he turns scum, I'll be next for lynch which means town will lose, if he flips town, town already lost.

So start talking.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Marashu on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:54 pm

dakky21 wrote:
Marashu wrote:@dakky - why did you hammer rish?

Because I really thought we're at LYLO, you can read my reasons in older posts, so it was kill or wait to kill. I'd rather not wait, just like as AoG hammered already hammered BuJaber so I hammered him to progress to the N2.

Ok, but I don't think it was a matter of waiting, at that point. People had questions about his claim, that he never answered. True, he was scum, and obviously would have lied, and might not have answered, but the hammer cut conversation short. It didn't feel like it was in a lull. We could have gleaned information about his scumbuddies in his lies. And if you thought it was LYLO, why would you stop the day and end conversation when you weren't sure about whether he was scum or not. You could have waited for his answers, at the very least - your hammer was the post immediately after he went to L-1. Was getting to N2 worth it?
Major Marashu

Postby dakky21 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Marashu wrote:Was getting to N2 worth it?

I tested my luck and it ended good. It even confirmed my suspicion after aage said this...

aage wrote:Considering yesterday's lynch, I don't think I have to explain anything to you.

So he has so much town credit now he can command and don't explain anything? How and why would he know it was a vigi shot instead of mafia kill? Only if he was mafia and his kill didn't get through. Lost in a lie aage.

aage wrote:Besides...
dakky21 wrote:if he turns scum, I'll be next for lynch which means town will lose, if he flips town, town already lost.

So start talking.

Yes, because I was sure he was town. I'd get lynched or night killed next and my calculations you can also read above. Everything already said.
Captain dakky21

Postby Marashu on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 pm

dakky21 wrote:
aage wrote:Considering yesterday's lynch, I don't think I have to explain anything to you.

So he has so much town credit now he can command and don't explain anything? How and why would he know it was a vigi shot instead of mafia kill? Only if he was mafia and his kill didn't get through. Lost in a lie aage.

Just asking this to clarify, so I can understand your argument. You're basically saying that aage is mafia? So, N1, aage, rish, and whoever else is mafia came up with the plan for aage to build a case on and lead a lynch against rish to get town credit?
Major Marashu

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives