Conquer Club

MAFIA- The New Direction

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

MAFIA- The New Direction

Postby Razorvich on Fri May 19, 2023 3:55 am

Greetings. Mafiosa

After finally running the latest Event (a few years in the planning), I have approached the Site Leadership in regards to me taking control of this Forum.
After putting it out there that I have other plans under way, I am surprised and humbled by the response I have recieved from you all.

MAFIA IS NOT DEAD ON THIS SITE

What I have proposed to the GOATS:
  • An overhaul of the Forum firstly.. not that there is much here.. (and I have already started) 8-)
  • Incentives to create and run a MAFIA game
  • A budget for Site Prizes to be spread amoungst the active games per quarter.
  • A SITE SANCTIONED GAME, most likely a large quarterly event with enhanced prizes like what has just been run.

I would like your comments and suggestions to this proposal
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Re: MAFIA- The New Direction

Postby Ragian on Fri May 19, 2023 6:07 am

Do you want me, then, to wait? I can wait. Just wanted to strike while the iron was hot. Or lukewarm at least...
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri May 19, 2023 6:14 am

See how the other interest lines up, or maybe guide Raz a tad more? He did mention wanting a second moderator. Surely I'm not the only one interested and there's no need to cater to me.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Fri May 19, 2023 6:42 am

I don't have to be a moderator. I just want mafia back on ;)
Captain Ragian

Postby *Pixar* on Fri May 19, 2023 7:29 am

I'm all for this! =D>
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri May 19, 2023 7:43 am

Ragian wrote:Do you want me, then, to wait? I can wait. Just wanted to strike while the iron was hot. Or lukewarm at least...

wait I thought this was posted in your thread :lol:

I didnt mean to be so egocentric, whoops!
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Fri May 19, 2023 8:45 am

i am interested Don raz the evil minion =D> =D> =D>
Cook chanakam2020

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri May 19, 2023 8:51 am

I am happy mafia keeps running, If I learn more about it I may even run some in the future. Thanks
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby degaston on Fri May 19, 2023 7:17 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:See how the other interest lines up, or maybe guide Raz a tad more? He did mention wanting a second moderator. Surely I'm not the only one interested and there's no need to cater to me.

I also offered to help Raz mod, or I have a game of my own that's ready to go that I could mod. It's a large, no-vanilla game based on "The Tick" animated series from the 90's.

My suggestions for the forum:
  • Create a mailing list that people can subscribe to so that they can be informed whenever a new signup starts.
  • PM old Mafia players who may not come on the site much anymore to let them know that Mafia is starting up again.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:23 pm

I'm dead in Ragian's game, so I am here in the waiting room for next game :D
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:39 am

I wouldn't mind hosting one at one point. Though my modding skills are probably rustier than my playing skills.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:17 am

I like the idea if it revives this section.

Someone start a new Aliens theme so i can shoot strike a 2nd time
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:51 am

Who sets up the next? I want to play now =D>
Captain Ragian

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:35 am

Ragian wrote:Who sets up the next? I want to play now =D>

I have one pretty much ready to go. I have many roles already planned, so ideally, it would be a fairly large game, but I don't know if we have enough active people for it.

It's a no-vanilla (almost) setup based on "The Tick" cartoon.

There's no requirement to have seen it, but in case you're interested, here's episode 1:

The whole series is available on Hulu.

I haven't modded before, but I've read all I could find about it, so I think I can handle it.
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:46 pm

degaston wrote:
Ragian wrote:Who sets up the next? I want to play now =D>

I have one pretty much ready to go. I have many roles already planned, so ideally, it would be a fairly large game, but I don't know if we have enough active people for it.

It's a no-vanilla (almost) setup based on "The Tick" cartoon.

There's no requirement to have seen it, but in case you're interested, here's episode 1:

The whole series is available on Hulu.

I haven't modded before, but I've read all I could find about it, so I think I can handle it.

Is there a way to shrink the game if you don't have the people? I'd be interested.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:10 pm

strike wolf wrote:Is there a way to shrink the game if you don't have the people? I'd be interested.

Yes - I started thinking about this quite a while ago when there were a lot of Mafia players here, so I had a large group in mind, but I'm sure I could come up with something no matter the number of players.

I'll start a signup thread this evening.
Brigadier degaston

Postby Razorvich on Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:24 am

JUST A NOTE

ALL that host a game will recieve a Image General Contribution Medal
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:00 pm

Well if people keep interested in Mafia I was thinking to run one anyway. I might need someone to help me tho. I already have the set up though. as the one i know in real life. u may know it as the Werewolf of Millers Hollow
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Ragian on Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:36 am

Sounds good!
Captain Ragian

Postby _Reyth_ on Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:54 am

Yo! I am TOTALLY in on this! There is another Mafia site out there that has become very heavy with the ban hammer on trivial/meaningless/inconsequential issues and in my estimation their user base is dwindling and maybe because of this, I don't know.

All I can say is that AMAZINGLY, I tried to find another Mafia (or Werewolf for that matter) site online and totally failed to do so. I felt defeated but then I remembered how some years ago, I had some significant and engaging fun on this multiplayer turn based Risk site and so I thought myself, "Well, if I can't play Mafia, I might as well play Risk". LO AND BEHOLD, I go the forums to ask a question about the Risk bots and FoW and I see this post!! :D

So, the first thing I notice is that there is no signup Queue? Why is that?? I think with the very strong forums here and extremely strong base gaming, we have a chance to really make a mark in the internet Mafia world and become a force to be reckoned with! All we need to do, is impress the search engine bots with our presence and people will start showing up. I have other ideas for advertising our presence, such as possibly Discord & certainly YouTube.

What does anyone think about this?

As far as a game idea, I have one based on the original Star Trek series with the favorite characters and the well known "enemy" factions. Its a pretty active & engaging environment with multiple dynamic game actions continuously running as each faction attempts to wincon.

Mafia is my Venus! <3

Private _Reyth_

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:22 am

mafiauniverse is pretty there, still
General Extreme Ways

Postby _Reyth_ on Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:13 am

Well I was kind of put off by "Mafia Universe", I didn't seem to find classical forum Mafia play there?

[DEEP BREATH]

I feel like if I want Mafia to grow on this forum, I had better do something towards achieving that and so I do have a game almost ready to start; all the roles are set up, I just need to generate the Role PM's.

It is called Star Trek: Neutral Zone Conflicts and the game runs like a classic episode of the original Star Trek series but with like maybe 5 episodes mashed into one. The game starts out with the Enterprise receiving a distress call from the Neutral Zone to which Kirk feels compelled to respond to...

It is Role Madness (but maybe only just a little) and a Large, where the game would have to be scaled down for the 16 player minimum but will play like a totally wild ride at anywhere 24 player+.

I mean if all of us get our friends together, we can get 24 or more players in here, couldn't we?

Also, if this forum is capable of bringing that number of players, I can assure you I will run game after game until we get enough players to step up and Mod so I can finally play; I feel like I am a creative guy and will have no problem with great game ideas. I already have an idea for the next game: A Who-Dun-It mystery where a murder has occurred but it is obvious they had help...

Thoughts anyone?
Private _Reyth_

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Hmm, I was lucky enough to play a MU game with a mix of communities. The only stress was that the days were 48 hours long and with my job, it was nigh impossible to keep up. I'm still waiting for a "light" game to pop up myself.

I think 24 players is difficult. The cult game has the current hardcore playerbase and finding people beyond that is difficult if you also want them to be reliable. I was thinking of hosting a (13-player) D6 game myself.
General Extreme Ways

Next

Return to Mafia Games