Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D3) 9/13

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Vote Count

Swang (2)-PMChugh, Charle
Fusi
PMC (1)-Swang
Devante
Charle (2)-Fusi, Kingm
Ewebasher
Kingm

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Charle and Swang are both at l-2
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D4) 7/13

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 pm

How much time do we have, when does this day end?
Major Devante

Postby Kingm on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:52 pm

Devante wrote:How much time do we have, when does this day end?

strike wolf wrote:Day 3 starts. With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is End of Day next Tuesday.
Highscore : 4349 Date : 17.6.12

Highscore after comeback : 3619 Date : 07.11.23

Colonel Kingm

Postby fusibaseball on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:21 pm

I have 2 thoughts:

1) Ewe and Dev need to vote

2) I have hard time believing Scum would be willing to toss their partner-in-crime overboard. If we really are down to 5 Town:2 Scum, Scum may automatically lose upon a successful lynch since they cannot hold the majority with just 1 player. So Charle voting Swang is seriously confusing me...I now have a hard time believing the pair of Scum are Charle + Swang.

The next best pair I could think of would be PMC + Swang, but they're going after each other too. So I don't think it's that pair either.

Which then opens up mostly Dev, who I have a hard time believing to be Scum either.

Are Scum really going after each other in a last-ditch effort?
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:51 pm

Havenā€™t voted cause honestly Iā€™m having a hell of a time deciding who I think is scum right now. Gotta say everyoneā€™s played it well cause there are solid arguments each way. Maybe itā€™s a lack of experience but regardless think everyoneā€™s played well whoā€™s tipping a wagon one way or another since itā€™s been confusing and stressful on my end.

Ewe is a struggle for me just cause heā€™s mostly been quiet so personally I havenā€™t ruled him out as scum either. Although everyone else has. This might be because of this misdirect role everyone thinks is in play for scum but the silence doesnā€™t sit well for me so even if no vote would like an opinion here Ewe.

Also my tools for tonight Iā€™m struggling with. Iā€™m trying to decide who to use them on and who to vote for. Itā€™s all a lot as it feels like the next vote might decide things for the game. Hence I was trying to see how much time left so I can think it over. Gotta say fusi you trying to rush things after clearing up the timeline doesnā€™t sit well for me.

Alas I intend to give it some time and see what unfolds. We got some time to do at least that donā€™t we
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:55 pm

And to be clear I am not looking for a wagon jump on Ewe. Just struggling with the lack of participation given his claimed role. This might be biased as when I had that role I was fairly vocal but it might just be a difference in play style. Either way at this point just trying to sift through the weeds and get opinions on whose claim seems less likely. King I welcome any input as well as right now the other four are on the block as far as I can tell
Major Devante

Postby swang918 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:26 pm

Devante wrote:And to be clear I am not looking for a wagon jump on Ewe. Just struggling with the lack of participation given his claimed role. This might be biased as when I had that role I was fairly vocal but it might just be a difference in play style. Either way at this point just trying to sift through the weeds and get opinions on whose claim seems less likely. King I welcome any input as well as right now the other four are on the block as far as I can tell

The thing with ewe is that with no counterclaim, for him to be scum would mean it's a game with no cop. Which is technically possible, but is far less likely than the theories being discussed now.

Same idea with king--he claimed before ewe, and his night actions line up with or don't conflict with ewe's reports. so king is basically cleared, even though it's more likely for a game to not have a tracker than to not have a cop. At this point, we just have to proceed as if he's confirmed cleared. if king turns out to be scum, we just have to tip our hat and say well played.
Major swang918

Postby swang918 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:28 pm

pmchugh wrote:
swang918 wrote:Wait a minute. I've been making this needlessly complicated. Here is a simple solve:

On N3, King got no result on fusi, and Ewe got a guilty result on pmc.

So the tracking of fusi was manipulated by scum--roleblocked or rolestopped. and, either pmc was scum or his result was also manipulated (deflector or bus driver).

But--also on N3, scum killed DDS.

Scum generally cannot perform a night kill and also use their role power.

So we know their rolestopper/roleblocker was used on fusi. And a kill was performed on DDS. This means the deflector/bus driver power was not used on N3.

Therefore Ewe's guilty result on pmc was not manipulated. It is a true result.

vote pmc

What? Not sure if this is OMGUS or desperation but it's clear scum have been using powers and kills every night, I have never in hundreds of games heard of scum not being able to use a power when they kill.

when I was scum in the Tick game we could either kill or use our power role ability. Not both. Ewe was just scum in the last game, he should confirm this. and fusi should back me up on this point as well.
Major swang918

Postby pmchugh on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:52 pm

swang918 wrote:
pmchugh wrote:
swang918 wrote:Wait a minute. I've been making this needlessly complicated. Here is a simple solve:

On N3, King got no result on fusi, and Ewe got a guilty result on pmc.

So the tracking of fusi was manipulated by scum--roleblocked or rolestopped. and, either pmc was scum or his result was also manipulated (deflector or bus driver).

But--also on N3, scum killed DDS.

Scum generally cannot perform a night kill and also use their role power.

So we know their rolestopper/roleblocker was used on fusi. And a kill was performed on DDS. This means the deflector/bus driver power was not used on N3.

Therefore Ewe's guilty result on pmc was not manipulated. It is a true result.

vote pmc

What? Not sure if this is OMGUS or desperation but it's clear scum have been using powers and kills every night, I have never in hundreds of games heard of scum not being able to use a power when they kill.

when I was scum in the Tick game we could either kill or use our power role ability. Not both. Ewe was just scum in the last game, he should confirm this. and fusi should back me up on this point as well.

Fair enough, never heard of it before. Even if it has been in some game, doesn't make it so in this game. Have you played games without that rule? And if so, why would you assume that rule is in this game?

I will say charle voting for swang did give me pause on my theory.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:29 pm

Only one day until deadline, if there is two mafia and we no lynch, we will be at 6 tomorrow assuming doc miss with 2 mafia left, which is mislynch and lose, and with a busdriver alive we can't trust our tracker/cop roles so it's important we lynch today and get two attempts to find first wolf.

Swang is my number one choice, Charle number two. Never lynching kingm or ewebasher.
Major pmchugh

Postby Devante on Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm

So just myself and Ewe left to vote then?

Ewe, get in here mate. Which way you leaning?
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:00 pm

One Day Until Deadline
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Devante on Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 pm

Ya Ya I get it. Am I the only one who is confused why Ewe isn't also posting. Dude come on it's down to you and me don't want to screw this up. I'm hitting up your wall
Major Devante

Postby Ewebasher on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:55 am

Apologies, was on stage Thursday to Saturday and then wiped out on Sunday (some very good home brew wine at the after-show party)...

Started a new job yesterday so was working in an office for the first time since March 2020...

Will have a read and will vote later...
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 am

A lot of solves and counter-solves there...

I'm suspicious of pmc (surely not all my investigations can be nonsense) but the weakest claim for me (other than those claiming Vanilla) is swang (and here unfortunately I have to agree with pmc's post re Doctor vs Poison Doctor)

Fusi is very strong behind swangs claim on page 15 and if pmc is not guilty then fusi's no result looks suspicious (assuming the no result not equal to innocent chat is correct) as surely having a block, a kill and a bus driver on one night seems unlikley

Given current votes I think I need to pick one of the L-2 however so

Vote Swang
Captain Ewebasher

Postby Kingm on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:47 am

unvote Charle

Vote Swang

Ok, lets do Swang first then, and then Charle next day instead then.
Colonel Kingm

Postby Devante on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Well that was interesting. King changing his vote forces the Lynch. I'm personally not convinced on anyone in particular yet but Fusi, Swang, charle and pmc seemed likely to have one scum at least. I was personally leaning against Charle. Especially with the last minute ditch claim of being doctor but only issue I have is if he's not then we don't have one unless my one time prevents kills is meant to replace that. Looking at this I think if Swang turns out scum then i'll be looking between fusi and charle tomorrow
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:00 pm

If he doesn't, then I'll have to revisit all his posts from towns perspective and the rest of town should do the same. I'll use all my gadgets tonight and make selection after night scene
Major Devante

Postby Kingm on Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 pm

Devante wrote:Well that was interesting. King changing his vote forces the Lynch. I'm personally not convinced on anyone in particular yet but Fusi, Swang, charle and pmc seemed likely to have one scum at least. I was personally leaning against Charle. Especially with the last minute ditch claim of being doctor but only issue I have is if he's not then we don't have one unless my one time prevents kills is meant to replace that. Looking at this I think if Swang turns out scum then i'll be looking between fusi and charle tomorrow

I switched vote since IMHO we need to kill some scum today, I was afraid we would not lynch anyone if I did not switch, I still think Charle is the better target, but Swang is my 2.choice.
If we did not lynch anyone, I'm like 99% sure we would have lost, if Swang is not scum, then we also have lost, so I hope we finally got one.
Colonel Kingm

Postby pmchugh on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:05 pm

Pretty sure this is a hit, if it is, we have one more to get with 2 chances and plenty of strong night actions to make that even better. If it isn't, then we need to hit 2 for 2 in the last couple of days unless the night actions rescue us.
Major pmchugh

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:21 am

Apologies, I thought I'd wrote down the names of everyone on my note sheet but I apparently only did that on a copy that did not remember to save and sync before signing off of it and most of the PMs I sent have since been deleted. I still have the info for Fusi but lost the info for everyone else. I'll go ahead and finish the scene and just edit in the correct info when I have this figured out. Sorry again, stupid mistake and I should have double checked my notes.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D3) 9/13

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:22 am

Vote Count

Swang (4)-PMChugh, Charle, Ewebasher, Kingm
Fusi
PMC (1)-Swang
Devante
Charle (1)-Fusi
Ewebasher
Kingm

D4 end scene: Death Nettle

The group hiked for hours before finding a good place to camp for the night. The Alabasians had been grumbling for days at this point but now even the remaining villagers were becoming discontent with the situation.

There was a sense of foreboding and as they'd made their way through the increasingly over-grown path, they swore they caught glimpses of animals and mysterious shapes through the gaps in the bushes and trees. A sudden shaking of a limb was enough to cause the group to jump and they turned only to see one of them grabbing a leaf from a tree. She looked around at them skeptically, "It's medicinal."

They stared for a moment before turning and continuing but there was a continuing gnawing that something wasn't right about her. As they drew camp to a close that night, they grabbed her and pulled her to the edge of the village. Some kind of insanity seemed to possess them as they gripped her tight through her struggling. She let out one last terrified scream before it was cut short and a silence fell through the group again.

Their wits seemed to be restored as they looked down at the body before them. Nothing came out of it and they staggered back aware at having made another mistake.

Swang-Medicine Worker Pamela Reynolds-Poison Doctor has been lynched.

It is now N4, you have 3 days to send in your actions

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (N4) 6/13

Postby SoN!c on Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:08 pm

Major SoN!c

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (N4) 6/13

Postby strike wolf on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:45 pm

Day 5: Restless Slumber

No one seemed able to get to sleep that night. Even those who secured themselves in their tents early stayed up listening to sounds both real and imagined. A whipping wind that bent trees into loud creaks. A wolf howling? Footsteps outside their tent?

Outside, the ashy remains of the fire simmered quietly with small puffs of smoke that faded into imperceptible wisps in the cloudy night. A very real rumble filled the sky as they disappeared.

Everyone awoke to the rumble and sudden thudding of rain over the tents. They opened their tents to peak out. Looking around they realized that everyone was there. Alive.

N4 ends without death. It is now D5, with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is End of Day next Sunday

Cadet strike wolf

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D5) 6/13

Postby Devante on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:37 pm

This is just getting more confusing. I have PM'd OP for clarity on something FYI for town
Major Devante

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games