Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D1) 13/13 Confirmation

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 pm

I'll be upsetty spaghetti for day 1 until i either get a sword a gun. Maybe a nuke. Or the noodle of doom!

Well, what would be considered scum in this scenario? I saw wolf earlier but didn't see that in fluff. Maybe we have to fight off cartoon villains like Skelator?
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Devante on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:10 am

I'm a little confused, this I miss something, where did the sword come from?
Major Devante

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:53 am

Devante wrote:I'm a little confused, this I miss something, where did the sword come from?

strike awarded it to me for being the most awesomest.
Don't worry, it won't hurt you... unless you're scum.
Nuff said.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby pmchugh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:33 am

Votanic wrote:
show

@pmchugh: Wait, are you implying that you are a forest-dwelling villager? Or maybe a wolf?
The intro doesn't say anything about wolves, but maybe you know something that town doesn't.
Seriously, did it even occur to you I might be from the big, walled city-town of Alabasia, instead of being a tent-dwelling villager hick?

@fusi: It doesn't matter who has the sword (...that is if anyone can have it) as long as it's a confirmed townie.
...and since I don't consider either DDS or you confirmed townees, why don't I just hang onto it for now. :D

On a slightly more serious note
, I'm going to vote: No Lynch because getting two genuine red votes during the joke phase is almost more than a joke... FOS at both fusi and pmchugh for trying to pull a super scummy fake-lynch right out of the gate.

This is hella weirdly defensive. Two votes is 5 away from being lynched and at least one of them was obviously unserious.

On a game play related note I hate no lynch day 1 because it reduces the information we have. With night one actions only day 2 just becomes day 1 plus the chances we got lucky in the night actions, but if we all decided to lynch someone then we get to see who started the hunt, who jumped on the bandwagon, who got cold feet, if someone claims and then we can see if they live and have interesting actions, etc.

If we all decided to vote no lynch now that would be insane, we already gained quite a good bit of material from the two votes on you.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:52 am

Devante wrote:I'm a little confused, this I miss something, where did the sword come from?

Me too, just woke up and i can only say i'll need 3 coffee's instead of the one im having now.

So in the Mod story there was this:

"One of the small group even received a sharp stab as they drifted too close to a large vine with large thorns poking out from behind its leaves. Their light-hearted curiosity dampened to a cautious wariness as they ran into something odd and out of place. Sticking out of the ground in front of them was a metal object. The tallest among them found himself staring slightly up at it (so it's HUUUGE, bigger then the tallest man from the group) and it's flat surface was brimmed on one side by a sharp edge. It gleaned with an untarnished glow as if it had not only been forged but looked after since it was placed in its position, thrust lightly into the soil and anchored to the tree which had not yet swallowed it into its outer bark.

As they went further in these markers "became more and more common."

So i was thinking these were magical markers (too huuuge to be a sword).

But Vot knew immediatly that this MARKER was a SWORD and he already got it... :shock:

How did Vot knew he could get it? Vot clearly knows something we don't? Or did i miss something in the opening post? "flat surface was brimmed on one side by a sharp edge" does not read sword either if the flat sword has only one sharp edge? No katana or sabre with flat surface but a regular common sword?

The next line is "these markers became more and more common" so im expecting more SWORDS instead of MARKERS as the game goes along. Still i did not see the jump from marker to sword.. especially with that size and the fact the story reads that the "glowing" marker "looked after" since it was placed in its position..that sounds like "a marker (sword) well cared for and guarded" and that makes it more an evil object i'd say. It's glowing for a reason like possessed? Now we know that it's a sword it's obvious that The things that wield such a large sword can't be human.
Colonel SoN!c

Postby Charle on Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:39 am

Also now only back from an awesome sunday lunch with the family. Yes, I would like to know from Votanic how did he know that it was a sword? Do you have maybe magical powers? That might be very dangerous should it be in the hands of scum, for sure! We should be careful.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby swang918 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:06 am

but the only power the sword gives you is to be inconspicuous in medieval armor, which...doesn't seem all that useful? Seems kind of pointless, so I'm not worried about it. Unless it's some kind of escalating thing? Where it starts with this silly medieval armor inconspicuousness but then increases in power each day until it makes you like, invisible?

Also there's tons of these swords/markers so I'm going to grab one for myself. I would've thought they'd be too heavy to carry for one person but votanic picked it up no problem.

Strike, I'm picking up one of these metal sword markers. Gonna keep it on me and see what happens.
Major swang918

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:16 am

I also was wondering which sword were you talking about. Now I wonder if its a gag sword or it can atually do something.

Will read the intro again and see if there is any difference between villagwrs and citizens
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Devante on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:18 am

I will also need several coffees and going to review that intro in more detail. But for the time being I am calling dibs on the available swords, or any other objects we can find and take for that matter right now. So I want anything that can be given to me strike please
Major Devante

Postby strike wolf on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am

Since this seems to actually be a discussion, the "sword" or "marker" was just to signify that they were getting close to the village that they stumbled on in the scene. If I was ever to try to turn this into a serious book then I'd probably give them more significance but for the purposes of this game, they are mostly flavor and giving Votanic "The Sword of True Color was mostly a joke. A RP style mafia where each player becomes stronger based on skills they acquire and decyphering clues in scenes that lead to rewards does sound interesting but I didnt balance this game around doing something like that and trying to implement it now would just bastardize the game.

You all can have swords, axes or any weapon you may want though.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:21 pm

Laughing Out Loud (true) (spelled the whole thing out because I can't stand 'lol')
Btw, if we find any sort of useable vehicle, I call 'shotgun'.

Those big, sharp, flat, things (probably) aren't swords... and that gag-gift I got from strike was obviously a joke...
Btw, Sonic, a lot of swords have only one sharp edge, including katana.

Okay, now moving on to real matters...
@pmchugh: Now you're really acting scummy... First, using real lynch votes as kidding is just a tired, played-out joke anyway...
But now you're doubling down on it! Are you really trying to start a bandwagon on me right out of the gate for no good reason?
I truly find tyour behavior scummy. Don't ignore mythat FOS at you. It is real.

@Fusi: so far your vote seems like more of an actual (not particularly clever)joke... but it is time to take it down, unless it isn't a joke.

The biggest issue right now is that the flavour of this game is super-confusing.
This flavour is not an adapation for another source like The Tick, The Thing, even Wolves of Millers Hollow...
Everything in the intro was made for this game... but that doesn't mean everything has actual gameplay value.

Ignoring the "swords", plant life and flyne skirls for a moment... The basic storyline sems to be as follows
A bunch of city dwellers (I already told you I'm one: city and town) have left the city to explore the unknown forest.
In the forest we've met other humans, the villagers. Some villagers are joining our group, as guides (also players), as we go deeper into the forest.
I don't think we will be able to interact with the non-guide, non-player villagers that we leave behind.
So now the players consist of both city people and villager guides.
The crazy thing is we, as players, have not been told who are city folk and who are villager guides.
So already the flavour is making things totally koo-koo.

Btw: Don't get City, Village, and (Team) Town mixed up. Those are three different things.

@strike: If you're willing, please do correct anything I wrote here that is incorrect.

Postby pmchugh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 pm

Votanic wrote:
Okay, now moving on to real matters...
@pmchugh: Now you're really acting scummy... First, using real lynch votes as kidding is just a tired, played-out joke anyway...
But now you're doubling down on it! Are you really trying to start a bandwagon on me right out of the gate for no good reason?
I truly find tyour behavior scummy. Don't ignore mythat FOS at you. It is real.

Well maybe I am tired played out old player but in my day, the realer the joke vote the better, as you get to see people's reaction and not just yours but other peoples. Your reaction seems like OMGUS (oh my god you suck), I.e. you are hitting out at me because I voted for you, which I dont take to be particularly scummy. The real scummy looking people to me are the, oh my god I can't understand the flavour posts that add nothing.

Unvote

Will have a wee read again later on tonight and see if I can find a better target.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:43 pm

I'm just happy i get a sword now.
I will now happily cross the bridge.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 pm

I want a Bow. It fits my character
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:22 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I want a Bow. It fits my character

Robin Hood? Master of Coin?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Katniss Everdeen
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:27 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Traf's def soft-claiming woodsy... almost 'elfy' even.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:01 pm

He just claimed Katniss. What more do you want?!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:11 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:He just claimed Katniss. What more do you want?!

"Holy Bernie Botts Every Flavour Beans, Batman!"
First He-man and now Katniss...
Well, if we're all mass-claiming I guess you should know... I'm Dr. Strange and this IS the Multiverse of Madness.

It's up to you now, He-soap. Only you can battle strikator for The Power of Greyskull!!!

Beware, Kermit and his evil pig-bride wait in ambush beneath the drawbridge... Now hurry! I can say no more...

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:35 pm

WE'RE SO FUCKED
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:50 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:WE'RE SO FUCKED

Is this your own special way of saying that the joke-phase is now officially over?

Postby swang918 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:59 pm

If we're all choosing our own weapons, then I'm dropping my sword-that's-not-really-a sword, and I'll carry a stick that's shaped like a gun.
Major swang918

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

swang918 wrote:If we're all choosing our own weapons, then I'm dropping my sword-that's-not-really-a sword, and I'll carry a stick that's shaped like a gun.

I'm keeping my Sword of True Colors (especially since strike said it was mostly a joke..??), but I'm also going to pack a Star Trek phaser.... and maybe some shiriken too.

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

swang918 wrote:If we're all choosing our own weapons, then I'm dropping my sword-that's-not-really-a sword, and I'll carry a stick that's shaped like a gun.

I'm keeping my Sword of True Colors (especially since strike said it was mostly a joke..??), but I'm also going to pack a Star Trek phaser.... and maybe some shiriken too.

Postby SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:31 pm

Votanic wrote:

Looks like im completely in the wrong corner here..

"spirits have been making their way into our village. In the form of those we know and attack us in our homes"

"In the end, the man offered the group some of his guides to help them through the forest so that hopefully they could find the source of the 'spirits' that were now attacking."

So i was thinking these "glowing evil markers" would lead us to the "evil spirit" source. I mean our job is to find the source of the 'spirits' that are now attacking the village and we already know we will encunter lots of "swords".. Seems if you do 1+1 = the road from town to the evil spirit source is just about following the markers to the source..?? No?

But then the mod says the swords are all just a joke?

Man, i miss a "rulebook" :lol:

Also the "glowing swords being a joke" makes me doubt everything and im clueless here.. After the "joke" im even thinking more that "now attacking" makes me feel these spirits are sometimes the enemy and sometimes friendly? That was my original idea and after "it's all a joke" i have a bit "in the forest you smoke bush weeds so in the forest everything is a joke" feeling?

Need more coffee

What happens in the forest stays in the forest guys..

we learned that Glowing "evil" markers = a joke, let's inhale wisdom for now.

Weed and alcohol can both distort the way we see, hear, smell, touch and taste. The more alcohol and cannabis consumed the more distorted our senses become seeing spirits 8-)

Sounds like smoking Ganja, Papa Legba and black voodoo is the way forward here

"So already the flavour is making things totally koo-koo" = everybody is already on Ganja?
Last edited by SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel SoN!c

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives