Conquer Club

Commander62890 [1 month ban]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Commander62890

Postby codeblue1018 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I heard on FOX news today that there was some type of "hacking" of accounts in online game sites; i tuned in late and only caught this limited amount of information. Has anyone heard of this?
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Rodion on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:I heard on FOX news today that there was some type of "hacking" of accounts in online game sites; i tuned in late and only caught this limited amount of information. Has anyone heard of this?

I just googled that.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/ ... ck-attack/
General Rodion

Postby tdans on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

dividedbyzero wrote:
eddie2 wrote:i know i am going back to the buddysystem thing was buddy not just busted again because his account was showing no country. so if someone had proxied his ip why was the country showing up ???

so would this not take the proxy theory out of it.

but say if commander does stay logged in like he said and someone else logs into his account whos ip would it show ???

From a security standpoint (what I used to do for a living), setting up your own web proxy is a simple matter. Making it report erroneous information is quite easy, too.

There's simply no way all web proxies could be blocked - only (1) known web proxies, or (2) proxies that announce themselves as proxies.

I'm not going to go in depth because the multi hunters would probably not like that...and it's not exactly hard information to find if you really want.

*Edit: One caveat is that the person would have to know something about Commander and his computer usage habits...as would someone trying to take over via a trojan scenario.

The Problem with any type of system, is that it can be tricked. The Hunters ways and things they use can be tricked.. its not just a proxy, the Ip of you actual computer is used, but mimicking another computers Ip is possible.... What their system says, is what they go by, perhaps a person is actually telling the truth, but how can they know? Its like a murder case gone wrong with the innocent guy getting the death penalty... it happens.. I personally doubt Commander6 would ever do something like this, but I also can't figure out why anyone would actually go through so much work for one account.......... Childish attitudes perhaps? who knows.. this Appears to FUBAR!
Lieutenant tdans

Postby LFAW on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 am

Master Chief wrote:@LFAW - So now you're saying he's not logical? :lol: Right now he sees everything stacked against him. He's saying if he can get a guarantee that it will prove his innocence if he does all the extra work, he'll do it. If it won't amount to anything or effect the verdict whatsoever, what's the point in wasting his time?

I am saying that a photo of his registration should, to any logical human being, show his innocence. Not that Commander isn't logical. The admins have already said that if he can prove his innocence they will reconsider the verdict. There are no guarantees. If he wants back into the game that much then he should at least try and prove hes innocent by obtaining this photo. Only trying to help. :)
Colonel LFAW

Postby greenoaks on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 am

proving he was in class at the time won't help him

the games were joined from his pc therefore he is still responsible for the point dumping
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby LFAW on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:47 am

greenoaks wrote:proving he was in class at the time won't help him

the games were joined from his pc therefore he is still responsible for the point dumping

But at least it proves it wasn't him.

Arrangements can then be made like in the Jeff Hardy case.
Colonel LFAW

Postby greenoaks on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:58 am

LFAW wrote:

like what ?

CC installing security shutters on his home windows so someone can't break in and use his pc while he is away.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby LFAW on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:03 am

Jeff Hardy's account was hacked into, cc saw that this was the case and allowed him to create a second account, FredVIII. Perhaps something similar could be allowed in this case. If Commander was at school and his account was hacked into, this could be the answer.
Colonel LFAW

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:20 am

LFAW wrote:

no it wont what have people already said someone could of remote accsessed his account how can he prove it wasnt him from a i phone
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2

Postby LFAW on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 am

eddie2 wrote:
LFAW wrote:

no it wont what have people already said someone could of remote accsessed his account how can he prove it wasnt him from a i phone

Because he would be at school...
Colonel LFAW

Postby eddie2 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 am

LFAW wrote:
eddie2 wrote:
LFAW wrote:

Because he would be at school...

what are people even argueing about anyways lets look at the infraction levels

warning
he was given a warning for posting under pimphawks account. and continued to do so. to the effect of pimphawk being banned for 24 hours.

1 month ban
this would of been issued to him for the use of 40kguys account to post.

perma ban
this would of been issued for using ljexs account to post.

so in effect he should hold with the 6 month point dump ban he has been issued with. because many of us along with mods were telling him to stop using others accounts.
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2

Postby Squirly on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 am

What if someone suffers from true multiple personality disorder? One personality is a sharp, well liked person who is really good at this game. The other is an immature dipshit.

you see where I'm going.

Can you really punish the good guy for the actions of the moron?

Serious Question.
General Squirly

Postby Dako on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 am

Yap, punish them by sending them to a hospital for a treatment. Seriously, bringing psychic disorders into this case doesn't help at all.
Colonel Dako

Postby BoganGod on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:42 am

The news in OZ, on the online account hacking is that sony's entire user database was compromised. So anyone using a ps2 etc online has all their account details, pw's etc out there :(
Corporal BoganGod

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 am

BoganGod wrote:The news in OZ, on the online account hacking is that sony's entire user database was compromised. So anyone using a ps2 etc online has all their account details, pw's etc out there :(

Well, if commander has a PSN account, and uses the same username/pw combo there as he does here, I guess it's a possibility. But that still doesn't explain the IP issue. Unless the hackers spoofed commander's IP to ruin his CC games...but I think they have bigger fish to fry.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Namor on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:46 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
BoganGod wrote:The news in OZ, on the online account hacking is that sony's entire user database was compromised. So anyone using a ps2 etc online has all their account details, pw's etc out there :(

Well, if commander has a PSN account, and uses the same username/pw combo there as he does here, I guess it's a possibility. But that still doesn't explain the IP issue. Unless the hackers spoofed commander's IP to ruin his CC games...but I think they have bigger fish to fry.

Exactly... those that hacked Sony, are after bank details with the intention of getting rich... not to screw up one persons gaming account. :lol:

Squirly wrote:What if someone suffers from true multiple personality disorder? One personality is a sharp, well liked person who is really good at this game. The other is an immature dipshit.

you see where I'm going.

Can you really punish the good guy for the actions of the moron?

Serious Question.

A split personality or something like it, can easily be achieved, with the aid of half a bottle of scotch... anyone know if Commander has recently taken to drink :lol:
Colonel Namor

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 am

basic_man2010_20 wrote:okay so 1 thing i dont quite understand. everyone says to have him send messages to people to have them post for him but i am preaty sure that in the herkman case it was said that if you post for or as banned people then you can get punished as well.... so aint that a double standard???

throwing this abck out there since noone answered the question.... is it or is it not allowed to post for or ass a banned person??? i know in the herkman case people was saying that you was NOT ALLOWED to post for or ass a banned person.... but here ur allowed to... cant hold double standards CC
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby slowreactor on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:59 am

Random googling found me this:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 278bdc5b6a

I know it's for another game, and I don't understand it completely, but I thought it might be somewhat relevant to this case. If anyone else can make sense of it that'd be great :P
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:33 pm

This case should really be dealt with by the letter of the law, otherwise it becomes a kangaroo court. If he is charged guilty he should consider this a relatively easy "life lesson" on how all the explaining in the world doesn't add up to doodley squat when there is hard evidence pointing at you.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dako on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 pm

slowreactor wrote:Random googling found me this:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic. ... 278bdc5b6a

I know it's for another game, and I don't understand it completely, but I thought it might be somewhat relevant to this case. If anyone else can make sense of it that'd be great :P

// geek talk

Some games check your IP and store in their DLLs. You can hack those DLLs to alter the IP and change it to some other. However you need to know which IP you want to impersonate and you need some tool to read DLLs binaries. As you can see, that cannot be applied to CC as we do not have client application.

Man-in-the-middle attack - easy explanation has been given at on the wiki
However, this is not quite possible with CC as well, unless Commander has unencrypted wifi network and someone near it spoofs his data packets with false data.

// geek talk ends

Anyway, this is not a trivial thing to do so a) ignore it and move on, b) do not ignore it, you have been hacked, move on. As you see, in the end it doesn't matter were you hacked or not because it is your own fault.
Colonel Dako

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:15 pm

The true question is What matters most to the executives of CC? Do they want an established set of firm rules in C&A? Or will they make exceptions for reputable accounts? Obviously it sucks that Commander is in this position, but if they let him go and reinstate his account, then they run the risk of this site becoming a popularity contest and other people can "say they were hacked and/or let a friend 'hack' them just because they want a point reset, and use this case as an example. But if they stick to their strict set of rules, then they lose a valuable player of the community and make another portion of the community unhappy.

My advice to Commander is to definitely provide a copy of the attendance log. Not that would guarantee anything, but it would at least help prove his innocence. (Not that an attendance sheet can't be forged anyway :-/) I don't think the mods much of a doubt that Commander didn't do it to his own account, given the evidence of how much time and effort he has put into it.

The risk for CC is, what if tomorrow Account Jane Doe, has the same thing happen to them? But just because she doesn't have the community backing her up saying "she would never do this", "its impossible", then she loses the account for life.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:The risk for CC is, what if tomorrow Account Jane Doe, has the same thing happen to them? But just because she doesn't have the community backing her up saying "she would never do this", "its impossible", then she loses the account for life.

You'll find in every facet of life, not just CC, that building up a good reputation has benefits.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Master Chief on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:This case should really be dealt with by the letter of the law, otherwise it becomes a kangaroo court. If he is charged guilty he should consider this a relatively easy "life lesson" on how all the explaining in the world doesn't add up to doodley squat when there is hard evidence pointing at you.

Commander's response:

"Funkyterrance: If I am charged guilty, I will consider this a relatively easy "life lesson" on how life is unfair and sometimes an innocent man is convicted of crimes he did not commit."
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006
Major Master Chief

Postby Mageplunka69 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

ok, I hope this to be the last post

If commander is found guilty, i beg that the mods show consideration for him
He is a great player, and a great person to have on this site. He DOES do alot of good for the community
I Think knowing his personality, and his temper when he gets excited and mad, that he should not have used his friends accounts to voice his concern. but sometimes we all do things that we regret when we are angry and trapped in a corner
Maybe you can overlook that and give him the same charges as blitz, a 1 month ban from the forums
And that is IF he is charged guilty
I feel a life time ban would not be appropriate for this player, I would even pay for his account to be premium
He could have said it was not him posting from his friends accounts
As well as he could easily use another computer from another net provider to start a new account. masking who he really is
But then you would have a noob player with 75% wins and you would have to investigate who he may be
So overall i believe giving him a warning of a lifetime ban if EVER caught again would be enough in this case
This is your business and that i know, but in my business when i have an employee who does inappropriate things, sometimes when you speak to them and work with the issue, then all considered works out for the best
Thanks for your time and consideration
From the friends of a great man
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby josko.ri on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:The risk for CC is, what if tomorrow Account Jane Doe, has the same thing happen to them? But just because she doesn't have the community backing her up saying "she would never do this", "its impossible", then she loses the account for life.

You'll find in every facet of life, not just CC, that building up a good reputation has benefits.

... even in jails. persons who did some crime goes away from jail earlier than their verdict says if they show good reputation and behaviour in prison days.
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports