Conquer Club

CHEATERS FOUND!!!!!

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Do you think the evidence shown here prove a cheater or cheaters?

yes
89%
no
11%

Total votes : 53

CHEATERS FOUND!!!!!

Postby YP_Legend on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:09 pm

Take this little tour of some games gone by & tell me what u think........

The names are killer-br & ale-rio my 1st clue.

Go look at the game i was in w them #1068 & read the game log. 2nd clue.

Then go look at these 4 games i did a search on they were in. Read the game logs & game chat in them. #1070 #1080 #1308 #1326

Here is a sample of the chat in game #1070:
2006-01-29 10:32:35 - killer-br: It's my first time playing...
2006-01-29 10:34:07 - Twill: Ale, you have europe and africa to run to. Give up australia and I will move out of africa
2006-01-29 10:38:13 - Twill: oh come on...what's with that? pooh on you Killer :-p
2006-01-29 10:42:41 - killer-br: Africa and Australia will be mine....
2006-01-29 10:42:50 - killer-br: hahahaha
2006-01-29 10:46:14 - ale-rio: I'm thinking
2006-01-29 10:49:38 - Twill: Think Away, I'm thinking you are the same person ;)
2006-01-29 10:49:41 - killer-br: Where are you from guys??
2006-01-29 10:56:52 - ale-rio: lafayette-la
2006-01-29 10:57:24 - killer-br: Where are you from guys??
2006-01-29 11:00:19 - Twill: kanukia
2006-01-29 11:01:49 - killer-br: I'm from Brazil, where is Kanukia and lafayette?
2006-01-29 15:13:43 - Twill: so, you were 1 person then? :)
2006-01-29 16:22:32 - Twill: in the future, you might want to try to hide the double account action a little better Ale ;)
2006-01-29 16:28:05 - ale-rio: do you want to play another one?
2006-01-29 16:28:31 - ale-rio: let me just finish with this
2006-01-29 16:29:01 - ale-rio: we are still playing, but not for so long
2006-01-29 16:30:12 - Twill: yeah, I'm going to pass on that one ;)
2006-01-29 16:31:55 - ale-rio: I was not playing with two
2006-01-29 16:33:12 - ale-rio: but we had a secret deal, it you discovered... you can do this thru the forums

After you read the 4 game logs listed above, it is simply ridiculous.

Conclusion = killer & ale always are last 2 in these games w killer surrendering to the very high ranked ale. They always take turns back to back seconds after the other attacking the same person in a coordinated manner until beaten. In another game all 3 players surrendered to ali after placement?? I think these 2 other names below are as suspicious & maybe need checked out also. Just a test & Golden ding dong. These guys or guy need their asses booted from this fine place. Thanks for your time looking into this.

YP_Legend
xiGames President
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Postby YP_Legend on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:54 pm

Just a little follow up i did ............game # 1434 has killer-br & Just a test playing the same method, seconds behind 1 another....lol......this guy must not read the forum boards.

YP
Last edited by YP_Legend on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Postby yoocanfly on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:00 pm

ale-rio apparently has ANOTHER account which is

just-a-test

evidences are the same as above.
Corporal 1st Class yoocanfly

Way to Be Site PROTECTOR!!!

Postby joetalk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:44 pm

tHANK U FOR YOR EFFORTS
its players like me who are still tying to win there first game that appreciate all the attention to detail that a player like put in !
thanks for the heads up and tips on watching for cheaters
Joetalk OUT
Cook joetalk

Postby mikey6rocker on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:52 pm

due to cheaters, i think we should be able to have a drop button on our games, which the game creator can access. Because when we create a game we cant filter who comes in , so 2 cheaters can join and we dont want to just surrender because then we lose. There should be a drop button, to kick people out.
Private mikey6rocker

Postby Twill on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:06 pm

Yeah, that was a fun game.

Their first I think...It was obvious from round 2. I think I reported it to Lack

I was wondering how long it would take for them to get noticed :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

I think there should be some kind of option but......

Postby joetalk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:19 pm

I like the idea of a drop button, but I think it brings up a real element of trust and reason that cant be expected from everyone, I mean what is to stop a player from eliminating the leading player for what ever reason is deamed, who's to play judge? I think things like deadbeats should be taken right to the admin to be dealt with, thats the only real way to ensure fairness in my opinion.
Joetalk OUT
Cook joetalk

Cheaters

Postby Scarus on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:46 am

Good detective work guys. Didn't take long before someone started abusing this great site. I'm sure that Lackattack will boot this guy, but it's too bad about all the points that's he stolen from the people that have played with him.

I think if you get caught in a game with this guy, or someone like him, that you should just stop taking your turn, to slow things down, and report him to lackattack

What we desparately need are private, or locked games. At least give the person that started the game the option of booting people before the game starts.

Scarus
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

now your onto somethin

Postby joetalk on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Thats a great idea! letting the creator have rule before the games starts is the way to go in fact it could replace many other options that have been discussed and save time ane reliability for those of us who like to take our game seriously fun :P
Joetalk OUT
Cook joetalk

Postby cardozo on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 am

I'm not the type to generally throw accusations around, but I think that "quiet" and "jeffy" are up to the same business...either the same person or cheating behind the scenes. Similar login patterns, and quiet is on damn near everyone of jeffy's games. Also, same attack patterns of either teaming up on other players or simply not attacking one another so as to weaken the other players and strengthen themself(ves).

Might want to check it out. I did.
Corporal 1st Class cardozo

Postby diabolique on Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:56 am

i agree....but i think that there is more than just one for killer-br....in game 1112 the two other players surrendered.....and all of them joined on the same day....killer-br accused me of cheating cause one of my friends was helping me win a game thats why now if we play together we play as partners
Private 1st Class diabolique

Postby yoocanfly on Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 pm

can something be done about this?

I don't mind losing points to fair players, but i dont want to lose to cheaters.

Game 1861 is still on-going and it seems like we can't beat those cheaters.
Corporal 1st Class yoocanfly

Postby lackattack on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:46 pm

I did some investigation and just-a-test, ale-rio and killer-br are multiple accounts. They (if you can call them "they") have been warned and are banned from playing with themselves (haha there's a double meaning there :lol: )

Perhaps you know the identity, YP_Legend? You logged in to the same computer as killer-br just six minutes after him (2006-02-05 19:09:13 and 2006-02-05 19:15:32) :o

I will investigate more leads including quiet and jeffy next time I have time...
Sergeant lackattack

Another Identity

Postby Oyabe on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:26 am

I noticed a player recently going by the name of "YP_legend." (Note the period and lowercase.) This is most likely a different person than the well-known YP_Legend, the xiGames president.

I am guessing ale-rio made another double, and this is who lackattack has caught.

Also, lackattack, please check out the "Deadbeat Points" thread in the suggestions forum.

This is a great site, thanks for your time and energy!

-Oyabe
Sergeant 1st Class Oyabe

Cheaters

Postby Scarus on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:26 am

With all due respect lack, and I mean that truly, do you think that a "warning" is sufficient? Including the fake YP persona, ale has at least 4 accounts on your site and has "stolen" hundreds of points from honorable players. What about the five games per person rule? I looked at ale's games, and there are some very, very, suspicious circumstances involving some other active players who suddenly don't have a clue how to play when they get into a game with ale. I'm not going to name any other names until I spend some more time on this but I wouldn't doubt that alerio is not the only alias that this guy is promoting. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were many, many, more aliases playing for this guy.

Now we see him impersonating the player that exposed him. Isn't this all a little too much for you?

This guy has abused this site in a big way, yet is still ranked as the number 3 player. If you don't ban him outright, you should at least strip him of any ranking.

Respectfully submitted,

Scarus

Postby lackattack on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:15 am

Hi Scarus,
I'm not suggesting YP is killer-br. I think the situation is that many players are playing from a school computer lab. That does not make them all multis, and I have to be careful not to ban the whole school.

As for severity of the punishment, I really don't know. I'm new to this too. I figured I'd start off easy and get meaner as necessary.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby YP_Legend on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:55 am

:arrow: You hit the nail on the head there lack. This particular school puter lab just happens to be in Brazil. There are several players from there, teenagers i believe, & many are friends playing here at conquer club. That was what i concluded from my limited research i did here & there, with a porteguese translator.....lol... I think my goal has been completed by making people aware of it, & how to be able to use these site tools to do their own monitering of the games played here. Thanks for your attention to this matter, if they will behave now, then i am satisfied. Kindest wishes & best regards,

*YP_Legend
Last edited by YP_Legend on Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Postby SprCobra on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:56 am

If it was in a computer lab then cheating would be easier if you could acess 2 computers at the same time
but i think those places are usually full(are they?)and if thats the case only the school hardman would be able to egt someone to surrender al the time(or two best freinds trying to boost each others rankings)
If you want to pull some thing like this off you need two computers(or just join a clan and order the people below you to surrender its called absue of power)
Cadet SprCobra

Cheaters

Postby Scarus on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:00 pm

Thanks for the kind response lack. I've been involved in administering these kinds of groups for many years, and you're right, it's a learning process. It's a shame that people get so invested in this kind of stuff that it makes it difficult to just have fun.

Teaming and rankhunting were two of the reasons that xiGAMES was founded in the first place. What we've always done is to host our own private games and not only screen our members, but monitor their play. One thing you can always be assured of is that if you are playing in an xiHOSTED game that gameplay will be fair, and the players will be courteous. After all this is only a game and having fun should always be the prime objective.

Of course, about the most fun you can have online is to take YP out....lol

Thanks again lack, and if you don't mind me continuing to be toooo pushy, how about setting us for password protected games?

Scarus

Re: Cheaters

Postby YP_Legend on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Scarus wrote:Of course, about the most fun you can have online is to take YP out....lol

Scarus

8) heh heh heh heh....................you bastid.
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

Postby Dysmal on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Aye...makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over

Althought it might have been the Rye
Sergeant 1st Class Dysmal

Postby dagreatbroomhead on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:53 pm

way to try and fix the whole dubble accounts thing, make people when the signup, sign up oin a unique IP. so that means they can play at school. and its not like it will be impossible to get two accounts, just harder.
Sergeant 1st Class dagreatbroomhead

Postby Charbroil on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 pm

YP_Legend wrote::arrow: You hit the nail on the head there lack. This particular school puter lab just happens to be in Brazil. There are several players from there, teenagers i believe, & many are friends playing here at conquer club. That was what i concluded from my limited research i did here & there, with a porteguese translator.....lol... I think my goal has been completed by making people aware of it, & how to be able to use these site tools to do their own monitering of the games played here. Thanks for your attention to this matter, if they will behave now, then i am satisfied. Kindest wishes & best regards,

*YP_Legend

Ok, I'm confused, where did you do the reaserch. I read that and got this picture of you walking around some school computer lab with an open dictionary :D
Private Charbroil

Postby YP_Legend on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:46 am

*YP_Legend[/quote]

Ok, I'm confused, where did you do the reaserch. I read that and got this picture of you walking around some school computer lab with an open dictionary :D[/quote]

lol........no actually when all this began i was looking at every game these fellas were playing & found 1 with about 5 buddies of ale there & they were speaking in a foriegn launguage just chatting. So i translatered them to see what they were up too.
Last edited by YP_Legend on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud xiGames Member
_________Image_________
Lieutenant YP_Legend

No mercy for Cheaters!!!

Postby joetalk on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:01 am

I dont know about the rest of the site players, but Im having enough problems winning a game with out the threat of a cheater taking points from me!
I respect all the decisions that I've seen managment make so far(previous to only issuing a warning to cheater) but the fact that a KNOWN CHEATER is still among us realy upsets me!!!
What could possibly convince Lack to have mercy?
I'm starting a poll for the players to voice allong with me, let it talk for itself
Cook joetalk

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports