Conquer Club

Closed I was falsely enrolled in a game

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

I was falsely enrolled in a game

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:49 pm

Unknown?

16514783 is not a real game. I was somehow fraudulently enrolled in a speed game and the other three players in the game are all new recruits, possibly fake accounts. Has a saboteur hacked my account or is this a bizarre glitch. I have no idea who would do this. Perhaps a sore loser from a recent game. If you can't find out who did this could you at least remove this fake game from my record and explain to me how this happened.

Other: Enrolling me in a fraudulent speed game
Corporal Thorthoth

Re: I was falsely enrolled in a game

Postby Donelladan on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:09 am

It was a guide game.
Guide game are special game for new recruit, to help them to discover the game directly.

You do not lose or win point during this game.

Why do you say you were fraudulently enrolled in it ?
Did you click in a link in the CC chat window to join it ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

Thorthoth wrote:Has a saboteur hacked my account or is this a bizarre glitch. I have no idea who would do this.

yes, you were hacked. for further info, view this thread:

Subject: Hacking vs. Cracking / this needs to end

good luck.-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 pm

You're not being helpful. Regardless of some post-hoc precise definition, I'll just use 'hack' how it is used in common parlance.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:16 pm

More to the point, at Donelladan:

I didn't enroll in the game at all. I discovered it happened after the fact. I don't see how my missing three turns unknowingly would be a guide for anybody. Besides the other three players are all new recruit accounts that were created yesterday.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby owenshooter on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Conquer Club wrote:2016-04-15 20:00:09 - Thorthoth was kicked out for missing too many turns

a guide game, you lost zero points. what would someone gain by this massive breach in CC security to cause zero havoc on your account on the gaming site?

Thorthoth wrote:You're not being helpful. Regardless of some post-hoc precise definition, I'll just use 'hack' how it is used in common parlance.

yes, i am being helpful, "hack" is not used in the common parlance in the manner for which you are using it. nobody gets HACKED on CC... HACKERS don't sit around HACKING into a meaningless gaming site (especially low ranked players) to join guide games that are zero points, to somehow mess with a player. makes no sense. you were not hacked. nobody stole your password. more than likely, you joined a guide game, which didn't start for some time. CC does not just throw you in guide games at their whim. pay attention to your account, it is your responsibility. again, NOBODY HACKED YOUR ACCOUNT. the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

p.s.-i was very helpful, i pointed out how absolutely absurd and ridiculous your accusation was.

p.p.s.-i have narrowed the suspects!!!

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:51 pm

This is directed only at the admins who may actually be investigating my concern. To repeat, all three of the other player accounts were created yesterday, and no, I definitely did not enroll in a speed game and forget about it. Being freemium, I would not be able to enroll in such a game. If one reads and observes with comprehension, one will not make incorrect assumptions.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:27 pm

However I was supposed to find out I was automatically enrolled in a guide game, the notification didn't work.
Not only did I not know the game was happening, but neither did any of the new recruits. Look at the game again, 16514783. Nobody played, the winner is just the last person to be deadbeated. Is that how it is supposed to work? If so, I don't want to be a guide. So now I have two questions: how do I get timely notification of being enrolled in a guide game, or else, how do I opt out of this 'Society of Guides' debacle?
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:48 pm

I wasn't aware guide games were automatic for new players. I'm not a guide. They exist so experienced players can show newbies the ropes. There are no points involved so it's nothing to worry about.

You won't be enrolled into any more guide games either, so basically all is done and dusted, carry on and enjoy the game.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Thorthoth wrote:However I was supposed to find out I was automatically enrolled in a guide game, the notification didn't work.

then i thoroughly apologize!! i had no idea that they did this to new players!! what is the sense in that? obvious mistake, so i can truly see your concern. yes, i was having a go at your expense, but i literally just could not fathom your being placed in a guide game without any knowledge of it... actually, i have been around here long enough, so i should have known that anything is possible. i apologize, and thank you for the update... however, i am still correct. you were neither hacked, nor cracked. you are in a new category, "CC'd"... you got CC'd!!! good luck in the future!!-Jésus noir

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:02 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:However I was supposed to find out I was automatically enrolled in a guide game, the notification didn't work.

then i thoroughly apologize!! i had no idea that they did this to new players!! what is the sense in that? obvious mistake, so i can truly see your concern. yes, i was having a go at your expense, but i literally just could not fathom your being placed in a guide game without any knowledge of it... actually, i have been around here long enough, so i should have known that anything is possible. i apologize, and thank you for the update... however, i am still correct. you were neither hacked, nor cracked. you are in a new category, "CC'd"... you got CC'd!!! good luck in the future!!-Jésus noir

As far as I know, nobody gets enrolled in a guide game without their knowlege.

New players have the option to join a guide game on their signup page, but it is definitely at their option. If they don't click the link to put them in a guide game, it doesn't happen.

For others, they generally join these games by clicking on a Guide Game link in Global Chat. We'll see what the admins have to say about this, but I suspect that the OP clicked on a Guide Game link in chat. It is certainly possible that he clicked on it accidentally, or that he didn't remember doing so, but I think it's tremendously unlikely to find that he didn't click on it. I've really never seen an instance of someone being put into a game involuntarily. Would be a first.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:25 pm

If I did click on anything, it must have been an unlabelled concerning it's intention. Did somebody on chat put on a link that automatically enrolled me? I would think that could be checked out.
Besides, that doesn't explain why none of the other three player (all new recruits) didn't play either. Looking on their wall suggests that they haven't played any games at all...

Of course, this thread brings up another issue. Namely, that some long-established players (at least one) feel they are entitled to waste time and space trolling on the Forum. Maybe that's tolerable on a 'fun' topic but it's definitely unacceptable on the Cheating and Abuse Reports.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby sniffie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Shall I close this or is there really a complaint going on here?

Sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm

sniffie wrote:Shall I close this or is there really a complaint going on here?

Sniff

There's no real issues, I suspect, but you might want to leave it open and let admin check, just in case there was some bug that put him in the game without clicking on it.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Thorthoth wrote:If I did click on anything, it must have been an unlabelled concerning it's intention. Did somebody on chat put on a link that automatically enrolled me? I would think that could be checked out.

Guide game links look like this in Global Chat:
Nobody posts them, they are generated automatically. If you click on the "Join" link you are joined into the game. Perhaps you meant to click on the "View" link instead of the "Join" link? They are pretty close together.

Thorthoth wrote:Besides, that doesn't explain why none of the other three player (all new recruits) didn't play either. Looking on their wall suggests that they haven't played any games at all...

96% of new users start an account and don't stick around long enough to actually play a game. This is the essential problem with growing a site like this. Today's internet user expects instant gratification. Waiting around, even a couple minutes, for someone else to take a turn is something that the typical modern user is not willing to do.

It used to be worse. It used to be that 98% of new users left and only 2% of new users stuck around long enough to play a game. With Bot Games and Guide Games and other initiatives, the new owner has doubled the success rate from 2% to 4%. That still means that if you're in a game with a new user, the odds are 24-to-1 that he will take a maximum of one turn before vanishing.

Trying to bring along the new accounts to the point that they actually start getting into the groove and finish games is a tough row to hoe. You have to expect mostly disappointment. When you finally find one that will stick around, you get to collect some pride in helping to make that happen. A difference of 4% success vs. 2% success might seem trivial, but extrapolated over the long term it's HUGE.

Thorthoth wrote:Of course, this thread brings up another issue. Namely, that some long-established players (at least one) feel they are entitled to waste time and space trolling on the Forum. Maybe that's tolerable on a 'fun' topic but it's definitely unacceptable on the Cheating and Abuse Reports.

Free flow of information is a good thing. If you want valuable information, you have to be willing to filter out a certain amount of useless information along the way. The user who gives you useless information today might give you useful information tomorrow, so don't be too quick to tell him to shut up.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Okay I'll drop this. Thank you for the explanation. Maybe that is what happened.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:15 pm

nice post, duk. you are fast becoming relevant again... =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TeeGee on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks Duka

CLOSED
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby owenshooter on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:49 am

Thorthoth wrote:Okay I'll drop this. Thank you for the explanation. Maybe that is what happened.

and i retract my apology!!!! THE BLACK JESUS IS NEVER WRONG!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:16 am

owenshooter wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Okay I'll drop this. Thank you for the explanation. Maybe that is what happened.

The real Jesus would be a little more humble.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 am

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

The real Jesus would be a little more humble.

i am the real black jesus... what are you going on about?!-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:14 pm

the black bedbug is wrong plenty...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby owenshooter on Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:54 pm

riskllama wrote:the black bedbug is wrong plenty...

never been proven... go dig up insomnia's corpse to prove me wrong... please...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:21 pm

that sounds...illegal and more than a tad disrespectful. there will be no exhumations on the llamas watch, owen.
Lieutenant riskllama

Return to Closed C&A Reports