Conquer Club

Closed Thorthoth - throwing games

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Thorthoth - throwing games

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Accused:

Thorthoth

The accused are suspected of:

Other: He's mindlessly attacking me in both games we're in.

Game number(s):

Game 16661120
Game 16661173

Screenshots will be provided when the games are over. Mods ruling this case please ask for screenshots, I'll pm them.

Comments: I already foed him but I can't do anything about the games, and I'd like to play those two to win. I told him a couple of times about the game in Brazil, he kept at it, sometimes even missing cards (esc game). Since we talked often in GC, I think he started it as a joke, as I had announced the games in GC. I told him, and I think he didn't like the way I did because he continued. So i decided to foe him, I even left a reason on his wall because I sort of like him. I told him on his wall and on pm that this was only to prevent him from joining the other 50 games I had open. That apparently got him angrier cause he targeted me in the other game. he's taken now about 10 territories, that were surrounded by other colors, 1s. He didn't pay attention to those other colors. He also attempted to kill a 8 that the log doesn't show, but he arrived with 5, missed the first attach and stopped, but then forted troops next to it to attack next turn.

In the game of Brazil, where I had decided to give up in the position he was attacking me, he found me in another location, but I had 16 there and he only 7, so he didn't attack, but he will auto me that stack as soon as he has a shot. You won't see much in this game's log, the issue was in the south, where he started weakening my position from the start. About 12 troops I lost there to his attacks until i decided to focus my deployments somewhere else.

I think he's upset, he can forgive that I told him that's not the way you win escalating games.

Now, before you all start, I understand this is a weak report, even with the screenshots, because what I should do is foe him, and forget about those 2 games and leave it at that. The thing is I want to WIN those two games and haven't retaliated because that's not how you win escalating multiplayer games. The only time I attacked him was to break his 4 or 5 bonus because I knew he was going to attack me and at least he'd have 4 less to do it. I even took my turn earlier, I didn't want to take it at that moment but I new he will attack me with his set and I wouldn't be able to make the kill.

He's targeted me for 4-5 rounds in both games and I know he will continue. The amount of troops I will probably lose in those both games in the next turn is about 20.. I would like to prevent that.

I repeat, please avoid telling me how lame this is. Truth is this kind of shitty behaviour ruins the fun. I don't even want him officially warned, I think he's a nice guy, I think he's just upset for the way I told him. Just make him stop.
Last edited by nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General nietzsche

Re: Thorthoth - throwing games

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:49 pm

I consider the claim of the plaintiff, nietzche, completely without merit and I deny the charges. The very ordinary game play that brought on this incredible over-reaction is so typical that it is hardly worthy of comment, let alone a C&A report.

However, I do want to make a counter-claim that I have been repeatedly & constantly bothered and harassed by the plaintiff over the last three days on Global Chat, on my Wall (before he foed me) and by personal message. Please note that I am completely fine with nietzche foeing me. In fact I welcome it, as I never want to play a game or otherwise interact with this individual in any way. However, after foeing me, nietzche has continued to abuse and taunt me. This must stop, immediately and completely.

Unlike the plaintiff's claim, my complaint is true and legitimate. I want nietzche to have no further contact with me, nor to address or discuss me in a public forum or chat space.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:11 pm

you mean Conqueror Thorshit?

come on man, that was only a joke after you said you could be conqueror if you wanted.
Last edited by nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General nietzsche

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Furthermore, I ask all to consider why valid game play should ever be considered an offense worthy of C&A. The underlying motive for the plaintiff to foe me, harass me and submit his C&A report is that he was afraid that my tactics would cause him to lose the game... Isn't that pretty much Conquer Club's raison d'etre?! If my game plays are poor descisions, I will lose the game. Fine. If my game plays are effective others will lose the game. Fine. Nothing more need be said about it. And certainly nothing like what nietzche has put me, and every other GC reader, through for the past three days!
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:31 pm

I demand a public defender is made available to me, as the accused seems to have knowledge of legal terms.

I ask for nagerous to be my prosecutor, if he's not available then BigBallinStalin. If none of these are available my last option is saxitoxin.

I would also like to add that he said, and I quote, I made him "laugh out loud" (not lol, but "laugh out loud") when I called him Conqueror Thorshit, and now he's using it as evidence in his defense.
General nietzsche

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:15 pm

That is another lie. What made me unintentionally 'laugh out loud' was the neurotic way the plaintiff kept obsessively going over a minor piece of game play.

Furthermore it should be stated that the true motive for nieitchy's anti-social behavior towards me is that he has unfortunately mistaken me for a rival in love, though there is no truth to this deranged belief of his... For you see, despite his overt heterosexual posturing in which he pretends to fantasize about comely females such Kate Upton, and even pretends that such females would ever be interested in him; the defendant is, in fact, a closeted homosexual who has recently become estranged from his longtime male companion, another CC player, referred to here as 'Double L'. Since I know and casually converse with 'Double L' due to our shared interest in playing war games, and since I was also unaware of the insane nature of nietchy's jealousy, I have unfortunately fallen into the vengeful cross hairs of a scorned and bitter roué.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:35 pm

He just took a turn, deployed 9 to attack my 6, but lost, killing 4 of mine.

In another region he went 3vs1 vs me, killed my 1, then tried to attack 2vs3 of mine.

IN the other region, he went 6vs8, killed 2 without losing and stopped. Forted right next that 6 left.

Now what is this if not throwing the game?

In all seriousness, what is this shit, when a butthurt idiot gets to do this over and over only because he won't accept he's not smart enough to understand? His mommy probably told him he's very smart and gets to be conqueror if he wants to.

Ruining the fun of the game.

Please punish this ass.

The Brazil game is next, i guess he'll attack my 16 as soon as he can and hang me for someone else to collect my spoils.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Thorthoth wrote:That is another lie. What made me unintentionally 'laugh out loud' was the neurotic way the plaintiff kept obsessively going over a minor piece of game play.

Furthermore it should be stated that the true motive for nieitchy's anti-social behavior towards me is that he has unfortunately mistaken me for a rival in love, though there is no truth to this deranged belief of his... For you see, despite his overt heterosexual posturing in which he pretends to fantasize about comely females such Kate Upton, and even pretends that such females would ever be interested in him; the defendant is, in fact, a closeted homosexual who has recently become estranged from his longtime male companion, another CC player, referred to here as 'Double L'. Since I know and casually converse with 'Double L' due to our shared interest in playing war games, and since I was also unaware of the insane nature of nietchy's jealousy, I have unfortunately fallen into the vengeful cross hairs of a scorned and bitter roué.

quoted for posterity. bigotry.
General nietzsche

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Not bigotry. I don't care who are what you desire,I only ask that you LEAVE ME OUT OF IT.

...and here is another point I want considered: Since it is against the rules for players to contact each other outside of the game for secret diplomacy, how much worse is it for a player to contact another player to bully and harass them into not attacking you. I can't think of another act that strikes a more injurious blow to the fundamental trust in fair play that CC requires to maintain its existence.
Players should make no contact with another player regarding a game in which they are currently engaged... and that is exactly what nitchy did.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby TeeGee on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:45 am

This is LOCKED

I like both of you so I will not make a ruling here, but I suggest you both use the FOE function and leave each other alone until one of the other hunters can work through all the jargon that is here and see if we actually have anything to rule on.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm

General nietzsche

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Game 16661120 - Thortoth did not attack you until round 7
Game 16661173 - Attacks you starting round 4

plus you won both.. congrats