Conquer Club

Closed Various - Oversized Signatures [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Various - Oversized Signatures [ka]

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:50 am

Accused:

shoop76
morleyjoe
totorohat
paulatpeace
magnusgreeol
macken
pinkrose2012
nietzsche
Thorthoth

The accused are suspected of:

Other: <Explanation>
Oversized Signatures

Game number(s):
Not Applicable

Comments:
This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Having to scroll past huge signatures in the forum is a pain. I've tried PM'ing people in the past and generally dont get any responses. These are just the ones I noticed / remember from the top of my head. If / when I notice more, I'll try to add them (or open a new one if this closes).
Also there are more and more animated ones, I'll start checking for size once I get time. More and more the forums take forever to load on my phone and its becoming annoying / problematic.

Thanks,
IcePack
Last edited by IcePack on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Various - Oversized Signatures

Postby concrete on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:00 am

REALLY???????
What am I missing here? Why is this a problem for you or anyone else? Who is it bothering if a player has a sig 2 or 3 times the size of someone else? I must be missing the reason behind this. Sounds like a dumb complaint to me.
Colonel concrete

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 am

concrete wrote:REALLY???????
What am I missing here? Why is this a problem for you or anyone else? Who is it bothering if a player has a sig 2 or 3 times the size of someone else? I must be missing the reason behind this. Sounds like a dumb complaint to me.

I didn't realize we can break rules as long as it doesn't bother anyone.
That's pretty neat! I'm sorry you think it's dumb, but I'm glad you didn't make the rules. Who is it bothering....well, me for starters? People w slow computers / bad connections etc

Its not like this is a hard rule to follow. I mean, its cut and dry either you are over size, or you aren't. If you can't be bothered to edit the size of the image, dont use one? Pretty easy dude.

I already explained why, it's super annoying on a small phone screen to keep having to go past huge oversized signatures all the time.
Last edited by IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 am

Beast Of Burson wrote:

That is what happens when you put children in charge. Goes straight to their tiny brains. If he spent as much time trying to get a woman as he does being useless on here, he would actually lose his virginity.

Good place to flame in middle of C&A.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 am

yeah, this is a real issue and there is an actual rule about the size of sigs. so, it is not a dumb complaint. most members won't remember that sigs were not a real wide spread "thing", until the BpB began to use them in a collective effort to distinguish the clan/clan members within the forums and to essentially "graffiti tag" the forums. yeah, that was the literal intent. to "tag" the forums as much as possible, within the rules. that had never been done before. clan sigs are now a standard thing and don't have the effect they once did, when clans didn't think of doing something like that within the forums, before the bandits.

when sigs are larger than allowed, they clog the forum, they ruin the forum experience, they are ANNOYING. i agree 100% with icepack, because it is an actual RULE that the site has gotten away from enforcing. the site needs to get back to enforcing the rule, because the forums are becoming overrun with them... the black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:49 am

Beast Of Burson wrote:That is what happens when you put children in charge.

if by that you mean, "they try to enforce long standing rules that the site has gotten away from," then i agree 100%. if not, let me help you with the rule:

CC RULES wrote:
  • Signature images larger than 150 pixels high by 600 pixels wide just scream ā€œI am compensating for somethingā€ and should be reduced in size. Note the dimensions size restriction is only in reference to the image. You may also have 2 additional levels of text / spoilers. In the spoiler below are some examples of acceptable signature configurations

show: Acceptable Signature Configurations

i hope this helps everyone that is coming in here and bashing my main man, ice-ice baby!!!
the black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir

take it to the credits, ice!!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am

never understood the appeal of having one you had to scroll around to see...
nietzsche
Thorthoth
[-X
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 am

Thanks llama, added!

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

just doing my bit... ;)
llama = good egg
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:20 pm

owenshooter wrote:

yeah, this is a real issue and there is an actual rule about the size of sigs. so, it is not a dumb complaint.

when sigs are larger than allowed, they clog the forum, they ruin the forum experience, they are ANNOYING. i agree 100% with icepack, because it is an actual RULE that the site has gotten away from enforcing. the site needs to get back to enforcing the rule, because the forums are becoming overrun with them... the black jesus has spoken...-JĆ©sus noir

+2
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:28 pm

It's really annoying- if you're accessing the site via a phone or pad, it's just a plain nuisance. As people access on small screens more and more, it's a ripe time to clamp down on people who abuse the rule.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TotoroHat on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:24 pm

How do I change this? Or how do I delete mine? HELP! Also, my Sig. Has been there since at least 2008 I think. That's 7 years! I am more than happy to change it but I do not know how.
Private TotoroHat

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Control Panel > Profile > Edit Signature

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lord Arioch on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:01 pm

Question
why is it even possible to load a sig larger than allowed?
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby IcePack on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Lord Arioch wrote:Question
why is it even possible to load a sig larger than allowed?

No idea, larger avatars are blocked but for some reason the signatures are not.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Witt13 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 am

So I don't have a signature, never have, and therefore don't have a dog in the fight. But IMO, shouldn't this be treated similar to the whole "foed" tool. If someone annoys you, you are permitted to foe them. If someone's sig annoys you (too big, makes the page to slow to load, doesn't load/look right on your phone), turn off sigs.

Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit Display Options --> Display Signatures Yes/No

Mine has been set to 'No', and therefore is never a problem. No issues with the forums on my phone downloading, etc.

I understand if there is a rule in place against the size (which I personally wasn't aware of), but this to me seems to be a big fuss over something really not that big of a deal. My two cents.
Colonel Witt13

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 am

Or the few not following the rule can update or remove it and allow me to see sigs about clans and events without slowing down the page or being annoying etc? Rules are there for a reason

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TotoroHat on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 am

The Hat is accused of being Awesome and loving Totoros. He removed his signature because it was neither a hat nor a Totoro. Thank you for instructing me how. Now let us get back to the battlefields of courage.
Private TotoroHat

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:14 am

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:12 am

What about people like Chapcrap, whose sig is the right size but an annoying color?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 am

Witt13 wrote:So I don't have a signature, never have, and therefore don't have a dog in the fight. But IMO, shouldn't this be treated similar to the whole "foed" tool. If someone annoys you, you are permitted to foe them. If someone's sig annoys you (too big, makes the page to slow to load, doesn't load/look right on your phone), turn off sigs.

Control Panel --> Board Preferences --> Edit Display Options --> Display Signatures Yes/No

Mine has been set to 'No', and therefore is never a problem. No issues with the forums on my phone downloading, etc.

I understand if there is a rule in place against the size (which I personally wasn't aware of), but this to me seems to be a big fuss over something really not that big of a deal. My two cents.

The accused are a minority of those that sport a sig. A minority shouldn't force you to not see all of them, except if what the majority does is allowed and you really dont want to see then.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:15 am

mrswdk wrote:What about people like Chapcrap, whose sig is the right size but an annoying color?

There's no rules about color. I'm fine w that

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Colonel Keefie

Postby king achilles on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:45 pm

They have already been contacted and are expected to comply with the guidelines shortly.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports