Conquer Club

Warned rubilion and Nooman05 for secret diplomacy [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

rubilion and Nooman05 for secret diplomacy [ka]

Postby delilahplay2 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am

Accused:

rubilion
Nooman05

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 18083002
Game 18083627

Comments:
Note I don't think I have ever officially accused anyone of cheating ever since joining CC (circa 2007).
This is based on early evidence, but worth flagging.

I am currently in a game (Rail South America #18083002, ROUND 15) with both rubilion and Nooman05. rubilion came after me aggressively - highly annoying but ok. I let him have the north and started building in the south. rubilion ignored Nooman05 who had more territories than I right next to rubilion in the north, and came after me again. Nooman05 then joined in, coming after me. I was particularly confused - I was not the strongest. I mentioned my surprise in the chat. I was heavily weakened by this time yet Nooman05 kept coming after me, most recently in round 14.

Usually I'd write this off as unfair and supremely unbalanced play but ultimately not cheating. However three additional things have made me suspect strongly that there is secret collusion between rubilion and Nooman05:

1. They've not bothered to fortify their borders between their territories in the north (see attached pic 1). But there is nothing in the chat to suggest that this was an open agreement (if there were a truce recorded in the chat, this would be unfair but again, not cheating) - which indicates secret diplomacy.

2. In the most recent round, rubilion missed a turn which he could have taken any time between 11th March 9pmGMT to 12th March 9pmGMT (see attached pic 2 - I've removed my note to self as game is ongoing). I have reason to suspect that this was an intentional deadbeat, and I'm supported by the fact that he played his turn in another game #18083627 on 12th March at 7pmGMT i.e. around the same time (surprise surprise he's playing with Nooman05 in his other game too: pic 3). He also took his turn in game #18077480 on 12th March 11amGMT (pic not shown). It's my firm belief that he missed the turn so as not to be forced to attack Nooman05 - which any sane player would have do to the player with by far the most territories if said sane player wanted to remain in the game - and to allow Nooman05 to win the game.

3. rubilion has been consistently one of the strongest, yet has now just left single armies in each territory - again one suspects to make it easier for Nooman05 mop up after taking the rest of us out.

If one of the moderators was able to go through the rounds of game #18083002 frame by frame, that would be more useful than just using the log to see who attached who - rubilion and Nooman05 did attack each other but this was mostly to i) allow each other to establish separate monopolies in the north and south and ii) to go over my territory that the other one had previously attacked in order to establish these monopolies.

At best, this is just two Swedish bros looking out for each other leading to unintentional ganging up (which still indicates secret diplomacy however), at worst, this is either a multipersona (less likely) or a coordinated effort to fast boost Nooman05's points as a new player - and thus cheat.

Happy to provide more info if needed.
D
Attachments
SouthAm_Rail_Cheat1.JPG
Picture 1 - rubilion (yellow) and Nooman05 (blue) borders
SouthAm_Rail_Cheat2.JPG
Picture 2 - rubilion (yellow) missed turn
SouthAm_Rail_Cheat_secondgame.JPG
Picture 3 - rubilion (yellow) plays in #18083627
Corporal delilahplay2

Re: rubilion and Nooman05 for secret diplomacy incl coordin

Postby HitRed on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Nooman05 has only played 3 games. Choosing Rail South America, Eurasia and France 1789 is way off the beaten path for a newbie. Also, utterly destroying a Major, a Captain and a Sargent the first game on Rail South America is just too hard to believe.

Time for a Multi check!

HitRed
Captain HitRed

Postby delilahplay2 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Possibly. Nooman05 was able to take green/me out because he and rubilion together went after a single player. No matter how good your strategy, difficult to withstand a concerted double attack by the two strongest players. Rubilion will have had a better chance of winning if he had attacked Nooman05 rather than me, indicating that he's not bothered about winning.
Corporal delilahplay2

Postby HitRed on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 pm

In France 1789 Nooman05 has got 23 terr. and the next largest player has only 5. Again, destroying the competition. Clearly a multi.

HitRed
Last edited by HitRed on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby delilahplay2 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

Starting to think you may have a point.
Corporal delilahplay2

Postby king achilles on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 pm

They are most likely friends or family than multis. I have contacted them and reminded them of the rules, especially Nooman05, who may be too new as to what the rules are, so I also warned him. I have noted this report in their records. Feel free to rate them accordingly.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: rubilion and Nooman05 for secret diplomacy [ka]

Postby delilahplay2 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:57 am

Brilliant result, thank you for checking. Delilah
Corporal delilahplay2

Return to Closed C&A Reports