Conquer Club

Noted Steve Ayers Game Ruining/Tourney Abuse [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Steve Ayers Game Ruining/Tourney Abuse [ka]

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sat May 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Accused:

Steve Ayers

Game ruining/tourney abuse: "Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games[...]"

Game number(s):

Game 19880860

Comments:
In this tournament game, on the last (20th) turn I ended my turn leading in armies. The second place player had already gone, so it should have been a clear win. Instead, as the very last turn of the game, Steve Ayers, who was quite far behind - for some bizarre reason, as we hadn't had any interaction in the game - decided to suicide everything he had into me and throw the game to the #2 player instead. There was no possible benefit to him, as he had no chance of winning that game and was effectively eliminated from the tournament (and in any case hurting me wouldn't have helped there, as I already had two wins to his zero).

Screenshots are included from the end of my last turn (showing me ahead) and then again the game final (showing his suicide). Note that he went through Longomontanus base.
Major Lord_Bremen

Re: Steve Ayers Game Ruining/Tourney Abuse

Postby Kevi on Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pm

I share your pain dude - this happens too often.
Captain Kevi

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat May 30, 2020 9:19 pm

Ever won a game because someone suicided into another player?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Kevi on Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Ever won a game because someone suicided into another player?

Yes - and it's not the best way to win a game - it's sort of an empty feeling - that I didn't deserve to win that game - that someone else should have won,

How would it feel if I joined all af your multi-player games and every time you were set to win I suicided into you and gave the game to a cook?

I could make that cook a captain and you would no longer be a colonel - I could make you a bus boy within a month and a bog cleaner by the end of it. Would that be OK? - would you still renew your your premium? - What would be the point of even playing?
Captain Kevi

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sun May 31, 2020 8:40 am

Kevi wrote:I share your pain dude - this happens too often.

Yeah, and it's especially bad in tourneys, when you're looking at several months wiped away because of some idiot.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sun May 31, 2020 11:39 am

Kevi wrote:
Yes - and it's not the best way to win a game - it's sort of an empty feeling - that I didn't deserve to win that game - that someone else should have won,

How would it feel if I joined all af your multi-player games and every time you were set to win I suicided into you and gave the game to a cook?

I could make that cook a captain and you would no longer be a colonel - I could make you a bus boy within a month and a bog cleaner by the end of it. Would that be OK? - would you still renew your your premium? - What would be the point of even playing?

That isn't what your complaint is about. If you had said "so and so is ruining every single game I'm in, I would say hell yes, get 'em, that's bs and a pattern of abuse.

But you're complaining about how someone played a single game, a game in which you lost because said player chose to attack you, which, while it sucks and maybe made no sense, should be within the rights of a player to do, however dumb or ill advised. Is this bad etiquette and being a bit if a dick? Sure. And I'm sure the admin will side with you so ignore my useless rant.

When you won those games because someone else was suicided, did you file a complaint then? No? You just felt bad and moved on? So you only file a complaint for someone ruining a game when it negatively impacts you? So much for taking a stand, I guess. Nothing personal and I know when it comes to this, I'm somehow in the minority but it drives me nuts when people want to legislate how and when and why other players can make moves, attacks, etc in games just because it didn't work out for them in that one instance but on the occasions it does work in their favor, they take the win and say thank you. A bit disingenuous if you ask me.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun May 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:A bit disingenuous if you ask me.

Not really. This is a very common problem where players are systematically doing this. They're not stupid. There's often, maybe not always, a reason behind why people do things like this, but would take some looking into. Probably more time than anyone's really going to be bothered using, and then we probably still couldn't prove it with 100% certainty.

The game is over at this point, so no one is really telling anyone how to play their game, but how to end it gracefully. If I've thought of how to abuse this, then so have others. If I was a dishonest person, I could easily get together with a group of my buddies on Discord or something and make a deal. "Let's all join X tournament. If we find ourselves in the same game, we play to win, but at the end, if we are losing, but can help someone else in the group win a game, we do it." Now you have secret diplomacy, but it's hard to prove without looking at multiple games with multiple people and trying to find a pattern.

It's just easier to say "You can't use this tactic." Let's face it, there is NO REASON to do something like this other than being an asshole.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 31, 2020 4:28 pm

I don’t think it is the duty of the lucky winner to report but more whoever was racing with and got screwed up therefore don’t expect anyone to open a C&A stating i got the win because someone screwed the game to someone else.

The main purpose is to have the player who receive this poor play that need to report, now and about the game throwing i will not mention to you (Nut Shot Scott) again why it is not permitted, just read again my reply in this recent topic.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=233430&p=5154912#p5154872

Can’t figure why you seem not to understand this type of poor play should be report and hopefully time will educate player to use more common sense...again, if you can’t win, leave it to other, period. Can’t be more easy to act...unless i have missed something since 11 years i’m playing on this site.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Lord_Bremen on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:47 am

I'll add that he appears to be aiming to repeat his behavior in Game 19880863 in the same tournament. Again, he's well behind, it's the last turn, I'm ahead, and he's stacking next to me. If one of the mods could reach out and explain that such conduct is unacceptable before it happens that would be much appreciated.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby king achilles on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Contacted Steve and made him aware of the rules. This report is noted for future reference.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Return to Closed C&A Reports