Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Official Feudal War Revamp

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP p.1+17[I,Gp]

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 14, 2008 8:26 am

BTW - don't like the cliff next to Feudal Empire...

The corner bit near river looks a bit gappy...

Consider colouring up the "empire" numbers a bit more too.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Wed May 14, 2008 8:34 am

yeti_c wrote:BTW - don't like the cliff next to Feudal Empire...

The corner bit near river looks a bit gappy...

Consider colouring up the "empire" numbers a bit more too.

C.

Will do.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby bryguy on Wed May 14, 2008 10:58 am

now the cliffs look like a stone wall :shock:
Corporal bryguy

Postby Ogrecrusher on Wed May 14, 2008 11:04 am

I always thought they WERE stone walls!
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Postby bryguy on Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am

Ogrecrusher wrote:I always thought they WERE stone walls!

wow where have you been? have u not seen people saying this:

gimil wrote:New shinny cliffs.

TaCktiX wrote:So are these better cliffs for you gimil?

gimil wrote:Ill try darkening the cliffs first

so as you can see, its obviously cliffs
Corporal bryguy

Postby gimil on Wed May 14, 2008 11:38 am

bryguy wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:I always thought they WERE stone walls!

wow where have you been? have u not seen people saying this:

gimil wrote:New shinny cliffs.

TaCktiX wrote:So are these better cliffs for you gimil?

gimil wrote:Ill try darkening the cliffs first

so as you can see, its obviously cliffs

And if you had been here bry you would of noticed that he was saying he THOUGHT they had always been walls/

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 pm

If you had all been in the original Feudal War thread, i think they used to be walls....didnt want to search through the 40 pages.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby gimil on Wed May 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:If you had all been in the original Feudal War thread, i think they used to be walls....didnt want to search through the 40 pages.

They where going to be call then I went for cliffs.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu May 15, 2008 7:43 am

Fixed the cliff for yeti but I couldnt get anything to work with the text.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP [Vacation][I,Gp]

Postby daydream on Thu May 15, 2008 8:38 am

daydream wrote:
Torter_of_Worlds wrote:Gimil,

I would like to suggest a change in Rebel Territories. Notice every other castle allows a player to attack 3 castles with locking themselves in. Granted, you could always leave one neutral left next to the castle; however, this still leads to an interesting deploy dilemma that other castles are not faced with.

Let me know your thoughts

hehe, this is the only issue appart from the Realm of Might one that is being fixed already i have ever had with this map. basically, on all other castles i can follow a strict path that will bring me to all 2's, but will always let me fort back to the castle to effectively use the autodeploy in the next turn and still leave me a path to all left over 2's, if you understand what i mean? its not an unsolvable problem, but for that reason i dont like being dropped on rebel, unless i have feudal as well.

edit: i just searched, and saw that i ahve played more than 350 feudal games. i think this speaks for how excelent i think your work is. thank you very much for this great map, and all the enjoyment (and points) it has brought me.

you seem to have missed this, just thought i would bring it to your attention, since earlier you had asked Torter to explain what he meant
Lieutenant daydream

Postby gimil on Thu May 15, 2008 8:46 am

daydream wrote:
daydream wrote:

I would like to suggest a change in Rebel Territories. Notice every other castle allows a player to attack 3 castles with locking themselves in. Granted, you could always leave one neutral left next to the castle; however, this still leads to an interesting deploy dilemma that other castles are not faced with.

hehe, this is the only issue appart from the Realm of Might one that is being fixed already i have ever had with this map. basically, on all other castles i can follow a strict path that will bring me to all 2's, but will always let me fort back to the castle to effectively use the autodeploy in the next turn and still leave me a path to all left over 2's, if you understand what i mean? its not an unsolvable problem, but for that reason i dont like being dropped on rebel, unless i have feudal as well.

edit: i just searched, and saw that i ahve played more than 350 feudal games. i think this speaks for how excelent i think your work is. thank you very much for this great map, and all the enjoyment (and points) it has brought me.

you seem to have missed this, just thought i would bring it to your attention, since earlier you had asked Torter to explain what he meant

My apologies for missing this out, but how would you suggest we fix it?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby MrBenn on Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am

daydream wrote:

You could redraw the borders slightly, so that RT2 borders RT6, and so that RT3 no longer borders RT7... does that make sense?
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby gimil on Sat May 17, 2008 7:13 am

MrBenn wrote:
daydream wrote:

You could redraw the borders slightly, so that RT2 borders RT6, and so that RT3 no longer borders RT7... does that make sense?

Ok ill do this.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP p.1+18[I,Gp]

Postby gimil on Sat May 17, 2008 7:45 am

Changed rebel Territory.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby oaktown on Sat May 17, 2008 10:43 am

this suggestion would be a purely aesthetic change... I don't really like the location of the signatures - kind of makes the legend a bit messy and they throw your eye off since they don't lie up with the other text... what if the three sigs were at the bottom of terits barb 1, 1,and 7?

And here's a general question about the play of the map which just occurred to me, since I am currently playing this map for the first time (and if this has been put to rest already you can just ignore me completely): it strikes me as a bit odd that you can collect a bonus for holding territories within a kingdom even if you don't control the castle. Seems like in a true feudal kingdom it is the guy at the top who is collecting taxes/tribute. But now you can control six territories of farmland in, say the Great Kingdom and collect a +3 bonus even if you aren't the Monarch of that kingdom.

It's an exceptionally fun map to play, by the way... it helps that I'm winning my game of course. :)
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Sat May 17, 2008 11:18 am

oaktown wrote:this suggestion would be a purely aesthetic change... I don't really like the location of the signatures - kind of makes the legend a bit messy and they throw your eye off since they don't lie up with the other text... what if the three sigs were at the bottom of terits barb 1, 1,and 7?

And here's a general question about the play of the map which just occurred to me, since I am currently playing this map for the first time (and if this has been put to rest already you can just ignore me completely): it strikes me as a bit odd that you can collect a bonus for holding territories within a kingdom even if you don't control the castle. Seems like in a true feudal kingdom it is the guy at the top who is collecting taxes/tribute. But now you can control six territories of farmland in, say the Great Kingdom and collect a +3 bonus even if you aren't the Monarch of that kingdom.

It's an exceptionally fun map to play, by the way... it helps that I'm winning my game of course. :)

I would rather move the sigs so that there are in the riber following round one of the bends.

Changing the game paly is something I woulnt like, the beauty of feudal is its possible to make a come back when someone owns more castles than you. A big part of this is holding bonuses in kingdoms even when you don own the castle. I think such a drastic game would be to much for gameplay and will casue more conflict than improvment.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sat May 17, 2008 11:27 am

Moved the sigs

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Telvannia on Sat May 17, 2008 2:33 pm

I was strolling though the foundry when i noticed to my horror that is had not comment on this yet. So i decided to fit that problem:

• I stand by my constant complaint of the green-ness
    • Maybe add some fields by the villages
    • Make the paths you have seem slightly more muddy
    • Add a grey patch under the villages/castles instead of green to give the impression of streets ect.
  • While im on villages, maybe add some more variety to them, because they are all rather one coloured.
  • The forests dont look quite right:
    • Make them slightly darker overall so they stand out from the grass
    • Add a dropshadow to them so that they dont blend into the grass at the edges
  • Maybe add some more scenery round the map in general:
    • A few houses around the place a bit like you have on the island in lake minstello
    • Fields as before, and maybe some signs of life, farms ect.
    • A few trees spread around the place.
  • Maybe it is me, but the castles seem slightly green, feudal empire particularly so, maybe giving the different castles different colours would help.
  • The shadows dont seem constant, the one on the bridge between lake minstello 8 and 9 has a shadow on the left hand side, whereas all the castles and cliffs have the below them.
  • While im on the cliffs, making them more rock coloured, and giving them a bigger shadow might help them to look cliffy.
  • While looking at cliffs i notivce the northern border of imperial dynasty looks wrong, surely it should fade into the cliffs
  • Last thing but one, your mini-map still shows grey cliffs, not the newer ones.
  • The legend really does not seem to fit this map, maybe if you make it look like it was carved out from some stones, or something similar.

Though despite all these problems, gimil, remember i love this map, perhaps my favourite graphically, i just love nit-picking slightly more :lol: I would go on a list all the things i like about this map but we would be here all night...
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby edbeard on Sat May 17, 2008 4:01 pm

I like the old green better. This feels too shiny to me.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby cicero on Sat May 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Telvannia wrote:I was strolling though the foundry when I noticed to my horror that I had not comment on this yet. So I decided to fit ...
lol :)

You certainly did that ... ;)
[No offence Telvannia. Perhaps I'm being a bit presumptuous given that we've not 'met' before, but your typo together with the long list that followed tickled me ...]

Telvannia wrote:The legend really does not seem to fit this map, maybe if you make it look like it was carved out from some stones, or something similar.
And, back on topic, Gimil I think Telvannia is spot on here.
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby mibi on Sun May 18, 2008 12:03 am

If this is a revamp then how come you still have that same crappy title and legend. Christ that thing is ugly. There are actually too many graphical issues to name.
Captain mibi

Postby daydream on Sun May 18, 2008 2:02 am

mibi wrote:If this is a revamp then how come you still have that same crappy title and legend. Christ that thing is ugly. There are actually too many graphical issues to name.

wow, thats helpfull ^^

i saw what you did to rebel, and i like it! excelent work!
Lieutenant daydream

Postby gimil on Sun May 18, 2008 6:12 am

mibi wrote:If this is a revamp then how come you still have that same crappy title and legend. Christ that thing is ugly. There are actually too many graphical issues to name.

I like how you are always helpful and suggestive, bravo to you =D>

:roll:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 am

gimil wrote:

I like how you are always helpful and suggestive, bravo to you =D>

:roll:

It was too late to type out a paragraph or two about whats wrong with these graphics, plus I already addressed them in the original feudal thread to no avail.
Captain mibi

Postby cairnswk on Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 am

Gimil, first time i've taken a look at this revamp for a while.
I have to agree with mibi to a some extent....the map appears now less clear than it is did when it was quenched. Everything is very blury and i am finding it hard to read a lot of text.
The terit numbers are particularly hard to read.
I think some of it is because of the glow appearing on small font
The top line above the title i can't read at all....perhaps a different font?
The continents font is also difficult.
And yes I am wearing glasses. ;)
The good news is that rivers and textures on the grasslands look great.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box