Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Official Feudal War Revamp

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP p.1+18[I,Gp]

Postby gimil on Sun May 18, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks guys for all the comments. Im going to put this back on vacation for a little while again. Got other projects and limited time still. So ill just get on with the other ones im enjoying more just now :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP[I,Gp][VACATION]

Postby oaktown on Mon May 19, 2008 7:27 pm

how about making it so that Rebel 7 doesn't border two "6" territories... I just blew a game because I went the wrong way and boxed myself in.

of course, this begs the larger question of how players know what is what without BoB.
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Mon May 19, 2008 7:35 pm

oaktown wrote:how about making it so that Rebel 7 doesn't border two "6" territories... I just blew a game because I went the wrong way and boxed myself in.

of course, this begs the larger question of how players know what is what without BoB.

Shoot. Ive got a change for that and I forgot about it :P

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby bryguy on Tue May 20, 2008 7:43 am

oaktown wrote:how about making it so that Rebel 7 doesn't border two "6" territories... I just blew a game because I went the wrong way and boxed myself in.

its called skill and strategy :mrgreen:
and a large magnifying glass
Corporal bryguy

Feudal Map suggestion

Postby thrillomania on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:08 pm

a little pet peeve of mine others may share but in the feudal war map people who are placed at great kingdom or feudal plains have a bit of an advantage because Northern plains is so isolated. makes A BIG DIFFERENCE OVER TIME as they can control more land easily, gather more armies ect.

suggestion

A bridge from Lake Minstello 1 to Northern plains 7. maybe move ryu villiage to where northern plains 11 is to make it harder to get to from lake minstello. this gives everyone a pathway to northern plains and norther plains access to lake minstello. particularly usefull in assasin games but in general will help balance the power of people who control north while not drastically changing the game.
Cook thrillomania

Re: Feudal Map suggestion

Postby cicero on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Moved from Suggestions & Bug Reports
to Map Foundry

To be merged with Feudal War Revamp

Cicero
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby oaktown on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:57 pm

thanks cic... seems foundry work is taking over the fourms! ;)
Captain oaktown

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:15 pm

now im being awfully picky. Maybe the Towns need to be a bit better?
Private Androidz

Postby gimil on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:01 am

Its also on vacation for now guys so leave it be ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Hotdoggie on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 pm

My issue with the map was that Realm of might castle cant bombard any territories apart from the 10s...that would be good to fix.
PERSONAL BEST...
Score: 2802
Place: 120
Date: 16 / 2 / 2009
Lieutenant Hotdoggie

Postby Androidz on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:45 am

Hmm still on vactation. Anway can you write: Lake Minstello on the lake since you have named the empire why shouldent you name the lake in writeing to?

And the empire where the Rhu is.
Private Androidz

Postby t-o-m on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Androidz wrote:Hmm still on vactation. Anway can you write: Lake Minstello on the lake since you have named the empire why shouldent you name the lake in writeing to?

rhu is a village not an empire, and that is called northern plains, where it is located.
Major t-o-m

Postby Androidz on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:44 pm

t-o-m wrote:
Androidz wrote:Hmm still on vactation. Anway can you write: Lake Minstello on the lake since you have named the empire why shouldent you name the lake in writeing to?

rhu is a village not an empire, and that is called northern plains, where it is located.

'I know rhu is the village, i just didint remmember what the empire was called;)
Private Androidz

Postby gdeangel on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:06 pm

I do not like this revamp at all.

One of the interesting game play elements on this map is the blocking position in the center. The new boundry river will change that gameplay, and not for the better I'm afraid.

There is no good reason to be replacing the walls on Imperial Realm with a river, putting in backdrop "bushes" overlaid on the territories, or to make the 7 territory in the NE section so small.

There is really only one problem with this map the way it currently exists on the site... and that is the fact that you have to look at the little legend to figure out which realm you want to deploy in, and IN MANY CASES, a territory is bordering two other territories that have the same number. This could be fixed by just renumbering the territories, and by shading with just a little bit of color - or using a distinct font if you like the monocrhomatic look, to tie together territories of the same realm.
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

gdeangel wrote:I do not like this revamp at all.

One of the interesting game play elements on this map is the blocking position in the center. The new boundry river will change that gameplay, and not for the better I'm afraid.

What are you referring to? All the same choke points are still there.
Major Bones2484

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:09 am

Moving this on over!

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Yanarix on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 pm

It was suggested back on page 1, but the 3's and 5's are very easy to confuse if youre not paying attention or have a small screen. granted, once you know to look for it, you dont miss it again; still, it shouldnt be too hard to fix.
Sergeant Yanarix

Postby gimil on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:17 pm

REVAMP take 2!

I have took the graphical style from Feudal Epic and applied it to the original feudal war because I would like something consistant between the two maps.

Tell me what you think.

Click image to enlarge.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: [Official] Feudal War REVAMP[I,Gp] p.20

Postby TaCktiX on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:58 pm

The new banners up top are cramptastic on the top of the actual map. Feudal Empire's castle is slightly overshadowed by the bonus box. Removing those borders would help a lot. Also, due to the land visible underneath the banners, I had the feeling at first glance "hey, how am I supposed to see my army counts on those northern territories", then reminded myself that the original Feudal War isn't that big.

Overall, the new style looks good, though.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Rhu, Fol, and Yer fonts look fine, but the fonts by the castles are way too dark IMO...pretty hard to read.
Also, I don't really like the banner at the top of this one, the original banner fits the map better, I think.

I like the rest of it, though ;)
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby Geger on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:37 am

Yanarix wrote:It was suggested back on page 1, but the 3's and 5's are very easy to confuse if youre not paying attention or have a small screen. granted, once you know to look for it, you dont miss it again; still, it shouldnt be too hard to fix.

seconded
Major Geger

Postby e_i_pi on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:08 am

How have I only just noticed this?!

Positive notes:
The level of detail is beautiful, things like the whitewash at the bridge pylons - sweet.
A part of me wishes there were murloc villages on Lake Minstellos island haha. But seriously, the Lake islands may benefit from a little texture (copse of trees, or some such), but are otherwise nicely shaped and shaded.
The villages look nice, and the smoke is a nice touch.
The style of the original is retained and built on, it really is very nice.

Critical Notes:
The tops and bottoms of the cliffs don't feel right. it would be nice if the tops of the cliffs melded with the grass more, and the bottom of the cliffs had shadows cast, though I understand this is fiddly work.
The castle fonts need something, I'm guessing (if you're using PS) change the font type from whatever it is to Strong or possibly Crisp(Sharp?) - it looks like it's on Normal at the moment. Giving the layer a Colour Overlay of mint-white, and then setting that overlay to Colour Dodge/Colour Burn of about 10-15% may give it just that tiniest amount of bright contrast it needs to secure clarity.
The green is great. Too great methinks. I like the saturation, but the entire map is some shade of green aside from the villages, which for me just makes it seem a little too awash. Maybe make the roads a little more brown, or perhaps desaturate/recolour the title panel. Maybe even look into changing the province numbers of the castles to a blacker or less saturated hue. The borders and the river are the perfect hue though, I wouldn't dream of touching them

Overall:
Gorgeous. I've never been great at this map, but this revamp may be just what it needs to get me playing it more often :D
Captain e_i_pi

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:23 am

Thanks you your post PI I will playing around with what you suggested and see what comes of it. Expect an update sometime today.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:38 am

Could you move Lake Minstello 5 and 6 away from the Barbarians territory, please? Just switch a few territory names around.

I've had tons of attacks go bad because I accidentally attack Barbarians 6 instead of minstello 6. It'd be much easier if those were separated from eachother a bit...
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby hecter on Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:36 pm

I find the territory borders and paths to be so similar that they almost run together, and it's pretty hard on the eyes to differentiate them.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box