Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Conquer National Bank

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer National Bank [G]

Postby a.sub on Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 am

yeah im still waiting on the gun pictures :F
Cadet a.sub

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 am

Instead of searching the guns, i'd like to suggest other some small changes that could help to improve the final layout of this map:

• Post-it notes:
      they are a bit jagged where you did the curls, you should try to have a more "rounded/soft" result, like in this image http://eu.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/reddz ... 676304.jpg
      The left note is a couple of pixels shifted from the edge of your map, although this is not a problem it gives a strange effect because the text starts very close to the left edge of the small note. I suggest to move all the text a bit to the right and maybe have the whole note moved a bit to the left, to touch the edge of the map.I would also suggest to move it a bit down, not to have the stash icon cutted.
  • Connections:
      Some connections aren't so clear or easy to understand. You have only to move some labels around to find a better position for them, for example Andrew can be moved a bit to the right, not to cover the connection lines; Sonny machine gun can be moved up, for a clearer connection with Joey. Fred can be moved a couple of pixels on the left. Angie can be moved on the left side of the army circle (in this way you should have also the space to move the Off Taylor alarm icon to the left side). There's space to have Murphy placed over the circles. Tlane could be moved a bit to the right. Move also to the left the machine gun icon of Jack the Hat to have a clear connection with Sheriff Kenny. Redraw the connection between Major Major and stash 1. The connection between Arnold and stash 6 is almost invisible.
  • "window connections":
      The arrows look done in 5 seconds...try to make them better and maybe with the same white you used for the other connections instead of using the color used for the walls. Move the arrows near Smoots, it creates a "light" effect on the machine gun, the same thing for Big Tuna (for this one try also a different angulation for the second arrow). For One Ear remove one arrow and try to find a better layout, because the arrows get lost in the walls
  • Small map:
      Maybe i missed it, but there's a small version? I'm worried that some connections will result extremely unclear on the small map, specially where you have few free space (tlane, Detective Avi...)

So, my suggestion is to concentrate your efforts to improve the playable part of the map and then dedicate yourself to decorate the remaining areas. Try to move things around (connections,circles,names,icons), then, when you will have a clear map you can find and add all the gun/bullets and any other embellishment you want to add to the map.

Nobodies ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby a.sub on Sun May 09, 2010 7:15 pm

once the AP physics test is done tomorrow ill take care of this.
Cadet a.sub

Postby a.sub on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 pm

post its - im not sure how to change them because it is a static image i made a long time ago and am using now. i will redo them from scratch

the new path ways have been done

the arrows have been redone too

the small map has not been made, i will push through a pre render (just make small adjustments like font and just make it smaller) so we can see what needs to be done.

i also wont be able to update for a while because i dont have internet right now (at the library) so my .psd file is isolated in a disconnected computer because i am moving and the internet hasnt moved with me yet. so they will be updated but i can only post them on the 10th when i get internet back (hopefully)
Cadet a.sub

Postby natty dread on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Good to hear of you asub... I hope the mods will be kind and understanding enough not to move this to the bin while you sort your internet problems ;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby lzrman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Mr. Benn will be a good guy and work with us ;)! right? *pokes sir Benn* =P

If not I could always post some activity in-between.........
Cook lzrman

Postby a.sub on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Click image to enlarge.

this is a FORCED version of the small map to give you an idea what it will look like.
Click image to enlarge.
Cadet a.sub

Postby rishaed on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 am

a.sub wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

this is a FORCED version of the small map to give you an idea what it will look like.
Click image to enlarge.

daaaammmmnnn....! I like how things have progressed while i've been away... keep up the good work a.sub =D> =D>
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby 00iCon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 am

The words on the small map are readable on my computer.
but realise the army circles may have to be larger.
Corporal 1st Class 00iCon

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 am

Any news?
No rush, but if you don't have the time right now i suggest to put this on vacation.

Postby a.sub on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Any news?
No rush, but if you don't have the time right now i suggest to put this on vacation.

news on what?
i know i have to make the circles bigger :) just need time :lol:
Cadet a.sub

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm

a.sub wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:Any news?

news on what?
i know i have to make the circles bigger :) just need time :lol:

Not only the circles, some issues remain:

viewtopic.php?f=468&t=77141&start=750#p2579550

thenobodies80 wrote:
  • Post-it notes:
      ......I would also suggest to move it a bit down, not to have the stash icon cutted.

Stash icon is still cutted

thenobodies80 wrote:
  • "window connections":
      The arrows look done in 5 seconds...try to make them better and maybe with the same white you used for the other connections instead of using the color used for the walls. Move the arrows near Smoots, it creates a "light" effect on the machine gun, the same thing for Big Tuna (for this one try also a different angulation for the second arrow). For One Ear remove one arrow and try to find a better layout, because the arrows get lost in the walls

where did they go? :?

thenobodies80 wrote:So, my suggestion is to concentrate your efforts to improve the playable part of the map and then dedicate yourself to decorate the remaining areas. Try to move things around (connections,circles,names,icons), then, when you will have a clear map you can find and add all the gun/bullets and any other embellishment you want to add to the map.

Time for embellishment ;)

Postby a.sub on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:42 am

:oops: FACEPALM
i totally forgot about those! my bad.
Cadet a.sub

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:09 am

a.sub wrote: :oops: #-o
i totally forgot about those! my bad.

fixed :)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Yawn...

Postby lzrman on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:09 am

*yawn is right*!

LOL =D>
Cook lzrman

Postby a.sub on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 pm

Hey all, it looks like ill have to step down from production, im going off to college and im looking at a program where i get a BS and MS in a total of 4 years. Not much time for CC sadly. As far as this goes who ever wants to take this up can feel free to do so, ive put a lot of hard work into this and i hate to see it die, but sadly i think running this myself would retard the process, hence why im stepping down.
who ever takes up in my places can take the medal and credit with LzrMan because i dont really care for medals anyway, im only here to have fun. If you kept my name somewhere on the map thatd be appreciated, but like is said i dont care.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eljaqwdjnzi/CC%20bank%202.8.2.psd
above is the link for the .psd file, and i can export the layers to individual images if needed.
Sorry to leave you guys, and i will try to be involved with critique as you all have done for me so far.
-A.Sub
Cadet a.sub

Postby lzrman on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 pm

It was a pleasure working with you a.sub :( sad to see you have to leave this awesome project. Good Luck though in your studies!!!!!!
Cook lzrman

Postby MrBenn on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 pm

It's always sad to see a mapmaker put their work to one side, although we all know that real life must take precedence.

For now I'll put this map on vacation.

--MrBenn
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby lzrman on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks for your understanding MrBenn.
Cook lzrman

Postby a.sub on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 pm

lzrman wrote:It was a pleasure working with you a.sub :( sad to see you have to leave this awesome project. Good Luck though in your studies!!!!!!

same here lzrman, and im sorry to leave you hanging like this.
Cadet a.sub

Postby Hopscotcher on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:56 pm

a.sub wrote:Hey all, it looks like ill have to step down from production, im going off to college and im looking at a program where i get a BS and MS in a total of 4 years. Not much time for CC sadly. As far as this goes who ever wants to take this up can feel free to do so, ive put a lot of hard work into this and i hate to see it die, but sadly i think running this myself would retard the process, hence why im stepping down.
who ever takes up in my places can take the medal and credit with LzrMan because i dont really care for medals anyway, im only here to have fun. If you kept my name somewhere on the map thatd be appreciated, but like is said i dont care.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eljaqwdjnzi/CC%20bank%202.8.2.psd
above is the link for the .psd file, and i can export the layers to individual images if needed.
Sorry to leave you guys, and i will try to be involved with critique as you all have done for me so far.
-A.Sub

I would like to pick this up, but I am unsure if I have the appropriate programs.

I'll talk to Mr Benn in the next couple of days. As far as medals go, I think we could definitely call it a co-op.

best of luck in College!
I'm a sucker for Assassin Games

My claim to fame..... Game 6311393
Lieutenant Hopscotcher

Postby lzrman on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 pm

The required program is Adobe Photoshop to open the above PSD File to edit.
Cook lzrman

Postby Hopscotcher on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 am

lzrman wrote:The required program is Adobe Photoshop to open the above PSD File to edit.

I'm on the hunt for a photo editor.
I am definitely NOT one of those :D

I am howerver terribly persistent!
I'm a sucker for Assassin Games

My claim to fame..... Game 6311393
Lieutenant Hopscotcher

Postby lzrman on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:58 am

Look forward to seeing what you can produce from what we left off on.
Cook lzrman

Previous

Return to Recycling Box