Conquer Club

Introduction Thread for New Students

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Intoduction Thread for New Students

Postby Pedro1987 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Recently joined the site and got knocked out round 3 of my first game. Believe I could enjoy playing a lot more if I could survive a few more rounds. Would be great if I could learn how to play properly in the Society of Cooks. Pedro1987
Private 1st Class Pedro1987

Postby wacicha on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Pedro1987 wrote:Recently joined the site and got knocked out round 3 of my first game. Believe I could enjoy playing a lot more if I could survive a few more rounds. Would be great if I could learn how to play properly in the Society of Cooks. Pedro1987

Am adding you now. We teach mostly terminator games and as soon as your ? mark is gone you can join those types of games. We will put you in a classroom though and you can follow along as others take there turns. These first 4 moves we teach will help in all of your game types but works best for terminator games.
Major wacicha

Postby phillyredneck on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 am

Not sure what is going on I might use some advice on the game .
Corporal 1st Class phillyredneck

Postby a.sub on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:36 am

hey, i know im a serg 1st, but i think there is always room to learn, can i be honored to join this?
Cadet a.sub

Postby wacicha on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:56 am

phillyredneck wrote:Not sure what is going on I might use some advice on the game .

PM Sent
Major wacicha

Postby phillyredneck on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

Hi I'm phillyredneck my friend roadhawg turned me onto this site . Seems I won some games because players get kicked out , but I'm still in the fog about good playing so here I am seeking knowledge .And I looked for my classroom and couldn't find it so may need help on that too.
Corporal 1st Class phillyredneck

Postby wacicha on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 am

phillyredneck wrote:Hi I'm phillyredneck my friend roadhawg turned me onto this site . Seems I won some games because players get kicked out , but I'm still in the fog about good playing so here I am seeking knowledge .And I looked for my classroom and couldn't find it so may need help on that too.

Here is link
viewtopic.php?f=343&t=79312
Major wacicha

Postby wacicha on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 pm

a.sub wrote:hey, i know im a serg 1st, but i think there is always room to learn, can i be honored to join this?

PM is sent you will be in Classroom 3. Do not join anygames that your classmates are in.
Major wacicha

Postby jecra on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi im jecra iv'e been playing for 2 weeks and haven't won a game yet can i have some help please :?:
Cadet jecra

Postby spacewrekker on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 pm

sign me up!
Captain spacewrekker

Postby gloryordeath on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

jecra and spacewrekker your pm's have been sent.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Postby Seanhm on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:29 am

Hi. I'm Seanhm. Wow, what a well-organised and slick-run gaming site. Very impressive.

Thanks for inviting me in here. I have now played 5 or 6 games and been obliterated. I have played RISK for many years and simply stumbled onto this site looking for an online version.

Looking forward to picking up some pointers. Thanks again
Major Seanhm

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

Hi all, I know I am a Major and all, but I am willing to get better. So I thought to join the cooks and see what I can learn. maybe if I am good enough I can teach after a while.
thanks
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby a.sub on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 am

SirSebstar wrote:Hi all, I know I am a Major and all, but I am willing to get better. So I thought to join the cooks and see what I can learn. maybe if I am good enough I can teach after a while.
thanks

yeah same here, cept im only a serj 1st lol
Cadet a.sub

Postby acxmikmil on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 am

Hi i'm acxmikmil, I know i've played about 30 games, won about 10, but i still feel new. I can't seem to move up at all anymore. I am starting to loose more than i can win, and i don't understand the different games. Guidance/strategy/tips/help, i'm welcome to all.

Thanks,
Corporal 1st Class acxmikmil

Re: Introduction Thread for New Students

Postby gloryordeath on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:02 pm

seanhm, sirsebstar, and acxmikmil your letters have been sent please read all the stickies and good luck.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Postby Traythe3pt on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello all.....I have been playing for about 2 weeks or so and been holding my own in some games and getting completely killed in others. As a law student you are taught to analyze every situation and then decide what your best course of action would be; however, due to the fact that I don't seem to be making the correct decision (played 7 or so games and lost all of them) I am turning to more skilled players than I for some tips or advice. When I got the message to join the society of the cooks, I thought, why not learn from the best. So please consider teaching me.....I would appreciate it a great deal.

Thanks a lot,
Tray
Corporal 1st Class Traythe3pt

Postby gloryordeath on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm

welcome Traythe3pt lets see if we can't make that Traythe2000pt. ;)

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

hello

Postby Bakugan on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 pm

i need to work on getting better this is why i joined
Cadet Bakugan

Re: hello

Postby wacicha on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Bakugan wrote:i need to work on getting better this is why i joined

Your PM is sent read the letter and the stickies in your Classroom.
Major wacicha

Postby ppgangster on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:08 pm

What's up, I am here also to get better... I have almost a 50/50 ratio of win/loss, and I am picking up on some tactics from the guys I play against... I have read many forum posts and all the stickies so far in this forum (or almost all of them) I am ready to learn (I also started some private sessions - so to say - with a major on some hard maps) but I would like to get good at the basic ones too.

I am already a tourney organizer, thinking that the more you get involved, the faster you learn...

So here I am, I WANT TO LEARN!!!! TEACH ME TEACH ME ..... =D>

I will be a premium somewhat soon (if all the spots of my ppgangster's WHITE GOLD tourney fill in - it should be in 3 days, if not maybe 1 month... maybe earlier) so I can learn more, faster!!!

Thanks for pulling this out, this is AWESOME ... (have I said AWESOME already?) ...
Last edited by ppgangster on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class ppgangster

Postby Deli on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:39 am

Hello.

Proper noob, thought that I would review the forums before I started playing, and saw this and thought that this looked the best place to start.

Would be very grateful for some training.

Thanks in advance.
Brigadier Deli
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pentavis on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi i would like to join the society of cook so i can become a better player. i have played about 80 games and only won about 20. i keep playing speed games in luxumborg and keep loosing. i am asking for help hope for some training soon. just need to know what is the next step
Private 1st Class Pentavis

Postby gundiesalvo on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Ahoy!

I'm not a Cook but I'd like to join this, it looks interesting!

Where do I sign?

(BTW, I speak Spanish, so if there's ever a section for Spanish speakers who don't know a lot of English and are getting confused I could do my best to help out.)
Corporal gundiesalvo

Postby wacicha on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am

Deli wrote:Hello.

Proper noob, thought that I would review the forums before I started playing, and saw this and thought that this looked the best place to start.

Would be very grateful for some training.

Thanks in advance.

PM sent

Pentavis wrote:Hi i would like to join the society of cook so i can become a better player. i have played about 80 games and only won about 20. i keep playing speed games in luxumborg and keep loosing. i am asking for help hope for some training soon. just need to know what is the next step

PM sent

gundiesalvo wrote:Ahoy!

I'm not a Cook but I'd like to join this, it looks interesting!

Where do I sign?

(BTW, I speak Spanish, so if there's ever a section for Spanish speakers who don't know a lot of English and are getting confused I could do my best to help out.)

PM sent
Major wacicha

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds