Conquer Club

Fog of War

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Fog of War

Postby GoldDragon678 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:07 am

I have never played a fog of war game (or any game with "advanced" options) and I'm curious to try. Any recommendations for a good "beginner" fog of war board for around 4 single players?
Corporal 1st Class GoldDragon678

Re: Fog of War

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

GoldDragon678 wrote:I have never played a fog of war game (or any game with "advanced" options) and I'm curious to try. Any recommendations for a good "beginner" fog of war board for around 4 single players?

well i recommend you join the society of cooks here and learn basic before trying the tougher stuff.

but if you really want to try it ask about it here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=57
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby macbone on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Right, we don't teach Fog of War games, but for a good foggy game, try Feudal War, although AoR is more for 6 players.

Peloponnesian War is fun, too, as is Age of Realms.
Colonel macbone

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

macbone wrote:Right, we don't teach Fog of War games, but for a good foggy game, try Feudal War, although AoR is more for 6 players.

Peloponnesian War is fun, too, as is Age of Realms.

those are complex maps he is still new to the site he should stay away from them for now. if he where to try fog i would suggest it be on classic
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby greenoaks on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 pm

you could also try Australia, France, Germany, Italy or Portugal
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm

ya those are good maps as well .... although i did say classic map as when playing for you need to know "where" things are. as he is new he most likely only really know the classic risk map.

another map that i'd strongly recommend is doodle earth. it is small so it will be easier to find where your enemy is
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby GoldDragon678 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am

For whatever it's worth, the maps I have tried so far are Classic, Luxembourg, Archipelago, Canada, Arctic, Space, and the more complicated world map.
Corporal 1st Class GoldDragon678

Postby mpjh on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 am

you might take a look in the general strategy forum -- we only teach classic sunny terminator here.
Cadet mpjh

Return to SoC Training Grounds