Conquer Club

General Advise Wanted

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

General Advise Wanted

Postby BuzzArd8499 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:51 am

I am a relitively new member here and I've lost all of my 8 games, I think, and I just wanted an expert opinion on my game Game 8439234 Thanks! :D

- BuzzArd8499
Sergeant BuzzArd8499

Re: General Advise Wanted

Postby FabledIntegral on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 am

Leaving 2's is much less viable when you're on adjacent forts because you hold nearly zero power on the board to make moves.

At the same time, now by leaving 2's everywhere, you do realize that pink is much more likely to choose to attack one of your 2's instead if you had left a 1? You're essentially losing twice as many armies if he/she attacks you, at zero benefit to you. You don't benefit whatsoever if pink loses more armies attacking you.

A general rule of thumb, never try to prevent someone else from getting a card or a bonus unless it can directly benefit you. If someone is trying to get North America in a game, you have nearly no incentive to stop them. Instead, bail out of the territory and save as many troops as possible. Not bailing means that you just weaken yourself in the process. If you decide to fight him, you two just weaken each other, while relatively everyone else on the board just got stronger as a result.

Keep in mind this is only if you think the person is committed to taking a particular territory, otherwise there's no reason to leave. Never attack a 2 or 3 for a card if you can help it, always just look for singles.
Major FabledIntegral

Re: General Advise Wanted

Postby BuzzArd8499 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 am

That makes sense. Thanks! I'll try to keep that in mind for future games.
Sergeant BuzzArd8499

Return to SoC Training Grounds