It's been awhile since I've posted a recruitment thread, so here's the new one...
With the date of Ladder Reset II coming up, this is an excellent opportunity for new players to sign up and (possibly) not have to start at the bottom of the Ladder when the reset is complete.
If you are not familiar with the SoC 1v1 Ladder, let me tell you about it...
1. This is a simple Ladder where players challenge other players ahead of them to a best of three game match. The goal (obviously) is to climb the Ladder and stay there by defeating other challengers.
2. This is NOT a training program, so you will not have any advice or have to post your moves in your Training forum (like you would normally do in the Standard/Terminator games or Team Training games).
3. For almost three years, the SoC 1v1 Ladder has been operating to help players improve their 1v1 skills and learn new maps...all within a fun environment.
4 The Ladder is open to ALL Society of Cooks students, teachers, and graduates. You only need to complete one training game to become eligible to join the Ladder.
5. The rules are posted and quite simple. But, if you ever have a question, then simply ask. Either myself or one of the other veterans players can help you out.
Now, Ladder Reset II is getting ready to happen quite soon. I'll be freezing the Ladder within the next 30 days and starting the Reset shortly thereafter.
What is Ladder Reset II??? Well, typically new players to the SoC 1v1 Ladder have to start at the bottom and work their way up. But, once a year, I reset the Ladder to shake things up. The reset has always been different each year and this year is no different. The method of game play for Ladder Reset II has already been decided, but will not be publicly announced until I freeze the Ladder.
Will I benefit from joining now and being part of Ladder Reset II??? Probably. I have no clue where everyone is going to land on the Ladder once Ladder Reset II is complete. I can tell you that with the last reset, we had players who were typically towards the bottom of the Ladder find themselves at the top with a simple flick of the switch.
Will the Ladder be different once Ladder Reset II is finished?? Yep. The Ladder is constantly evolving and we are currently playing on what I call "Ladder v3.0". Once the reset is complete, "Ladder v4.0" will have some changes to it...some of it will involve gameplay...some of it will involve challenges...some of it will be settings. Here's a secret...Poly games are being introduced to the Ladder for the first time ever...
Right now, you are thinking this all sounds great and you want to join...but you are wondering, how do you do this? Well, my friend, there are five ways to sign up:
1. You can sign up here by simply responding to this post. I'll add you to bottom of the current Ladder and when Ladder Reset II starts, you'll be informed.
2. You can visit our thread at http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=341&t=194552. There you can find the current rules for Ladder 3.0 and see the banter that goes on between players. Simply go to the last page and request to join there. I'll see it and add you to the Ladder roster.
3. You can also send me a PM letting me know you want to join the Ladder.
4. My wall is open as well.
5. If I'm currently in a game with you, then let me know in the Game Chat.
I think that covers everything...for all our current players, you ever noticed that 5 is a better number than 3???
Take care, good luck, and I look forward to seeing you on the Ladder.