Conquer Club

Portland [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Portland [10 AUG 2011] v.39 - Drop Shadows & header font

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 am

chuck norris approves this:

ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Hooray!
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Just FYI, while I am very excited to get started with the XML piece, I will be vacationing starting next week and probably won't be able to really put much work into this until September.

My lady and I are headed to Glacier/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons national parks. I've been mulling over the concept of a national parks map, so perhaps this trip will inspire me!

Postby flexmaster33 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I like it..."Get eaten by a Grizzly, lose 10 troops", "Start a forest fire, lose five", auto-drop +3 on Old Faithful!!!

Enjoy your trip man, sounds like a blast.
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer, NBA playoffs, 2024 WNBA season doubles, Political Puppets mixed team

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 pm

I think that you can improve a bit the trees.
Also the bonus part of the legend....do you really need abbreviations? (NoPo, NE, etc)
Finally why a bridge is green?
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby DiM on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:05 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Finally why a bridge is green?

i asked the very same thing some time ago and apparently that bridge really is green :shock: :lol:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I think that you can improve a bit the trees.
Also the bonus part of the legend....do you really need abbreviations? (NoPo, NE, etc)
Finally why a bridge is green?

I can at least answer the third question. That bridge is actually green in real life. lostatlimbo explained it awhile back.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm

DiM wrote:

i asked the very same thing some time ago and apparently that bridge really is green :shock: :lol:

Ah...so the real bridge is green.
In any case we should consider that CC maps are done to be played and that bridge makes things confusing.
I spent 2 mins trying to find somewhere why it is green.

Having it green doesn't add something to the map imo....at least if it isn't the only green bridge in the usa/world.

Postby flexmaster33 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm

really bodies???...give it a break.

I think we can let the map-makers have some say on these things...I'm guessing he wanted to celebrate some of the unique things in a city he loves...it's really not a big deal. Fun in fact.
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer, NBA playoffs, 2024 WNBA season doubles, Political Puppets mixed team

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Sergeant 1st Class flexmaster33

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:51 am

thenobodies80 wrote:
DiM wrote:

Ah...so the real bridge is green.
In any case we should consider that CC maps are done to be played and that bridge makes things confusing.
I spent 2 mins trying to find somewhere why it is green.

Having it green doesn't add something to the map imo....at least if it isn't the only green bridge in the usa/world.

I dunno, it adds that bit of hidden flair. And what else could a bridge mean, different color or not? Even when I was curious about the green bridge, I still made the safe assumption that it was still a path of assault, since there really isn't anything else it could be/mean. I do see your point, but I don't think it's necessary to remove the aspect.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:52 am

flexmaster33 wrote:really bodies???...give it a break.

I think we can let the map-makers have some say on these things...I'm guessing he wanted to celebrate some of the unique things in a city he loves...it's really not a big deal. Fun in fact.

Yes really.
I didn't ask for this change just for the sake of it but because part of my job here is to "minimize" the possibility of future complains, e-ticket, etc...
I see you live in Portland, so I understand your point of view, but take a second to read the following lines and understand what are the reasons of my request.

First of all, yes it's true I'm a CA, but I'm also a mapmaker and everyone here knows that I rarely ask for a change if there's no reasons for it. I know how much is hard to draw a map and how much effor a mapmaker has to put into his project to have it quenched. O:)
Second, the bridge ( I assume the St.John's bridge) is green , it's true. But the fact that is different from the rest of the bridges on the map could cause that some players that doesn't know Portland think that is green for a "game reason"; don't forget this is an international site.
Third, mapmaking has precise "rules", one of these rules is that graphics must be servient of gameplay and clarity. If something on the map has no gameplay reason, then probably it should be axed.
Fourth, If you see I rarely follow the maps during their development in the main foundry workshops. I have 2 reasons to do this:
1. I trust my CAs
2. I can look at the map with the "player eye" instead of the mapmaker one. I've not followed this map so much (except for the period I was a Graphics CA) so I can look at it with a fresh eye. And the first question that comes into my mind looking at it is exactly: why that bridge is green?

I'm happy lost@limbo wants to celebrate his city and the things he loves, in fact I have no reasons to ask him to remove the USS Blueback Submarine, for example.
I would say nothing if he wants to draw a bridge with a different style, but having a valid reason for it; for example the Fremont Bridge that is the 2nd longest tied arch bridge in the world.
But instead have a bridge green (like I said it's not the only one in the world) on a game site where colors have a precise meaning .....mmm I don't know.

Victor Sullivan wrote:I dunno, it adds that bit of hidden flair. And what else could a bridge mean, different color or not? Even when I was curious about the green bridge, I still made the safe assumption that it was still a path of assault, since there really isn't anything else it could be/mean. I do see your point, but I don't think it's necessary to remove the aspect.

-Sully

This is exactly the reason because CC Maps have lower standards these days, everything is always good. Less care of details, the assumption that new players think in the same way of old ones...VS, this is not the your first day in the Foundry, you know how things works and how much is important that all things on a map must be clear. Don't forget where you started, the stupid questions that you did, like me and everyone else, during the early days here. Where on the instructions pages you can find that mountains are impassables, bridges are paths of assault, etc? Nowhere, so they must be explained on the map.

That's the only reason for my request....what is clear for a CC player could not be clear for a newbie ;)
Anyway, my role is just to follow the guidelines so like everone else I've stated my concern. If lost@limbo can provide a valid/logical reason to not have it in that way....then the green bridge can stay and I'll stop to complain. So what is the valid reason? (and say "beacuse I like it" is not a valid reason, considerig why I asked to have it like the other bridges)

Lost@limbo, don't take this personal.....all I want is to have the best possible map you can develope. Nothing else.
After that old human body attempt I really like the idea you can finally have a map quenched, specially considering all the effort you have put into it.
So it's so important for you to have that bridge green?

btw I'd like also to hear you opinion about the other things I've said in the other post, before this "bridge" digression. ;)
Thanks
Nobodies

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:00 am

Nobodies, don't get me wrong, I'm all for clarity. On multiple occasions I've been told, "You shouldn't assume the players are stupid," or something of the like. In this case, I think we could use that principle. And you are right, this isn't my first day in the Foundry, which is why from experience I can say that I don't think it's a big issue. On the off-chance it becomes an issue in Beta, then I'll eat my words, large spoon in hand. No disrespect nobodies, but I have to disagree with you here.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:38 am

I never said that players are stupid. There is a huge difference between stupidity and lack of knowledge.
In any case, no problem, you can disagree with me, that's how the Foundry works, discuss things and find an agreement that works for the larger part of the community. (we know that's impossible to satisfy everyone)

On the contrary, the beta phase is not "the cure for all things" and it shouldn't be in that way.
However, we're going off topic and as said before I only want to know what lost@limbo thinks about my thoughts before proceeding further. ;)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:41 am

Fair enough.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm

How so? You need to be more specific. They look like trees to me and they fit the style of the map. How can they be improved?

thenobodies80 wrote:Also the bonus part of the legend....do you really need abbreviations? (NoPo, NE, etc)

Yes. Otherwise, there is no indication of why the map is divided in the manner it is. The abbreviations make it immediately clear that the territories have been grouped by general areas of Portland. Much like NYC has North/East/South Brooklyn, Chicago has North Side, Midway, etc.

As was noted, this historic bridge is notably green, standing out from the other gray, drab bridges. It is not the only green bridge in the world, but it is the only green bridge in Portland, which is the topic of the map.

It really isn't as confusing as you are making it out to be. There are a lot of legitimately confusing maps playable on conquer club. This one piece is not going to cause that much confusion.

The gameplay of the green bridge will be readily evident as soon as the game begins. You are basically talking about 1 player in 100 that questions their strategy before they hit the Start button. Its inconsequential and I have a hard time believing it can or will affect anyone's desire or ability to play this map.

In a discussions thread the newly revived gimil repeatedly talked about how mapmaking is art. Well, this is my art. I have attempted to capture the spirit of Portland as I perceive it in a playable map form, including some of its eccentricities like the green bridge in St Johns, confusing maze of streets in Ladd's Addition, caution barrier along the Skidmore Bluffs.

thenobodies80 wrote:If you see I rarely follow the maps during their development in the main foundry workshops.

I did see that and while I understand your "fresh eye" reasoning, I hope you understand that from the mapmakers perspective it seems more like you coming to piss on a map you don't really care about.

When I comment on other maps in progress here, I ask myself two questions:
1. Would I play this map?
2. If not, what could change that would make me want to play it?

You'll have to be a lot more convincing if you want me to believe that the green bridge and snazzier trees are going to be a dealbreaker for most conquer club players.

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:10 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:

How so? You need to be more specific. They look like trees to me and they fit the style of the map. How can they be improved?

Adding some shadow to them....they'll look less flat. Just that.

thenobodies80 wrote:Also the bonus part of the legend....do you really need abbreviations? (NoPo, NE, etc)

Yes. Otherwise, there is no indication of why the map is divided in the manner it is. The abbreviations make it immediately clear that the territories have been grouped by general areas of Portland. Much like NYC has North/East/South Brooklyn, Chicago has North Side, Midway, etc.

I mean why not have listed without the abbreviations (e.g. North Portland - or just North - instead of NoPo)

thenobodies80 wrote:If you see I rarely follow the maps during their development in the main foundry workshops.

I did see that and while I understand your "fresh eye" reasoning, I hope you understand that from the mapmakers perspective it seems more like you coming to piss on a map you don't really care about.

Honestly I think you're the only one who thinks I'm acting in this way. I spend lot of time here to help you all, so I'm not pissing your map.
Instead is your behaviour, and not only in this case, but in each single post you write in the discussion subforum, that let me think you piss on cartos hard work and on CC. All time I read one of your post you speak like this is your business. I'm not baiting or flaming you, but please consider that, like tournament, mapmaking on CC is not a right but a privilege.
If you don't like how things run here, then there're plenty place where you can express your art.

When I comment on other maps in progress here, I ask myself two questions:
1. Would I play this map?
2. If not, what could change that would make me want to play it?

You'll have to be a lot more convincing if you want me to believe that the green bridge and snazzier trees are going to be a dealbreaker for most conquer club players.

Again, you're totally wrong....I don't have to convince you...and you don't have to convince me! The foundry works on people thoughts, not on mods.
It's not so hard to understand this concept. You can't imagine how much I'm objective in commenting your map, and in the same way you wouldn't know my personal answers to the above two questions.

Anyway, Since I'm a volunteer here I won't waste another second of my time to give suggestion on a map where the author thinks that everything I say is just for the sake of it, or just to complain.
As said if you don't like the foundry or how it is managed, please stop to draw maps here.

Now please forget all I said in this post and also in my previous ones, forget all the suggestions given (not orders but suggestions) and write your xml.
Then, once it is checked and stamped, I'll put your map on Beta....enjoy to play your "art".

Regards
Nobodies

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:17 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Again, you're totally wrong....I don't have to convince you...and you don't have to convince me! The foundry works on people thoughts, not on mods. It's not so hard to understand this concept.

You suggest it is all community based, but ultimately only a few decide what gets made. When you say things like "If something on the map has no gameplay reason, then probably it should be axed." that sounds authorative - not just your opinion. Perhaps I misinterpreted your posts, but some onus should be on you for being clear about how you see the map being improved and to what degree your comments should be taken as personal opinions or moderator demands.

I'm trying to help you see this from my perspective. Having spent a considerable amount of time and thought on this map, I am naturally a little protective of elements that have been in place for a while. You have not commented on the map since January and you did not initially frame your comments as suggestions. Just as elements of a map cannot be left to assumption, nor can the tone or intent of a post.

I do appreciate your time and thoughts, I am only asking that you be more clear when sharing them.

Re: Portland [28 AUG 2011] v.40 - Shadowy trees

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:30 pm

39th Draft
More drop shadow on trees
XML next!
Click image to enlarge.

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:You suggest it is all community based, but ultimately only a few decide what gets made.

What do you mean? If people want to see a map made, it gets made. If no one cares a flying f*ck about a map, it doesn't... It's simple as that.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: Portland [28 AUG 2011] v.40 - XML

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:17 pm

XML

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map>
<positions>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">University</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Alberta Arts</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Laurelhurst</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Nob Hill</territory>
   </position>
</positions>
<continent>
   <name>NoPo</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>St. Johns</territory>
      <territory>Expo Center</territory>
      <territory>University</territory>
      <territory>Overlook</territory>
      <territory>Swan Island</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NE</name>
   <bonus>8</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Columbia Slough</territory>
      <territory>Portland Airport</territory>
      <territory>Cascadia</territory>
      <territory>Mississippi</territory>
      <territory>Alberta Arts</territory>
      <territory>Alameda</territory>
      <territory>Hollywood</territory>
      <territory>Irvington</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SE</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Laurelhurst</territory>
      <territory>Mt. Tabor</territory>
      <territory>Woodstock</territory>
      <territory>Clinton</territory>
      <territory>Hawthorne</territory>
      <territory>Reed</territory>
      <territory>OMSI</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SW</name>
   <bonus>2</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Beaverton</territory>
      <territory>Southwest Hills</territory>
      <territory>Marquam</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NW</name>
   <bonus>3</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Forest Park</territory>
      <territory>Sylvan Heights</territory>
      <territory>Washington Park</territory>
      <territory>Industrial</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Downtown</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Nob Hill</territory>
      <territory>Pearl</territory>
      <territory>Old Town</territory>
      <territory>Pioneer</territory>
      <territory>PSU</territory>
      <territory>Goose Hollow</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Microbrews</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Rose gardens</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
   <overrides>
      <override>Microbrews</override>
   </overrides>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Blue MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Beaverton MAX</territory>
      <territory>Old Town-Pioneer MAX</territory>
      <territory>Fareless Zone MAX</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Yellow MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Expo Center MAX</territory>
      <territory>Overlook-Mississippi MAX</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Red MAX</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
      <territory>Hollywood-Laurelhurst MAX</territory>
      <territory>Mt. Tabor MAX</territory>
      <territory>Alameda MAX</territory>
      <territory>Portland Airport MAX</territory>
   </components>
</continent>
<territory>
   <name>Beaverton</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Beaverton MAX</border>
      <border>Southwest Hills</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>127</smallx>
      <smally>453</smally>
      <largex>168</largex>
      <largey>595</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Southwest Hills</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Beaverton</border>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>219</smallx>
      <smally>456</smally>
      <largex>290</largex>
      <largey>598</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Marquam</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
      <border>SW Bike Path</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>330</smallx>
      <smally>464</smally>
      <largex>439</largex>
      <largey>609</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>PSU</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>305</smallx>
      <smally>415</smally>
      <largex>405</largex>
      <largey>544</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pioneer</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
      <border>Old Town-Pioneer MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>333</smallx>
      <smally>386</smally>
      <largex>443</largex>
      <largey>505</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Old Town</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
      <border>Nob Hill</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>340</smallx>
      <smally>353</smally>
      <largex>452</largex>
      <largey>461</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pearl</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Old Town</border>
      <border>Irvington</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>312</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>414</largex>
      <largey>406</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Nob Hill</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
      <border>Goose Hollow</border>
      <border>Washington Park</border>
      <border>Forest Park</border>
      <border>Industrial</border>
      <border>Overlook</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>254</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>337</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Goose Hollow</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>252</smallx>
      <smally>393</smally>
      <largex>334</largex>
      <largey>514</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Washington Park</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Sylvan Heights</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>196</smallx>
      <smally>351</smally>
      <largex>260</largex>
      <largey>459</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Sylvan Heights</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>124</smallx>
      <smally>347</smally>
      <largex>164</largex>
      <largey>453</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Forest Park</name>
   <borders>
      <border>St. Johns</border>
      <border>NW Bike Path</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>135</smallx>
      <smally>199</smally>
      <largex>179</largex>
      <largey>256</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>St. Johns</name>
   <borders>
      <border>University</border>
      <border>Expo Center</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>214</smallx>
      <smally>100</smally>
      <largex>284</largex>
      <largey>124</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>University</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>240</smallx>
      <smally>175</smally>
      <largex>319</largex>
      <largey>224</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Industrial</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>218</smallx>
      <smally>231</smally>
      <largex>289</largex>
      <largey>298</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Expo Center</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Expo Center MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>301</smallx>
      <smally>113</smally>
      <largex>400</largex>
      <largey>141</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Overlook</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Swan Island</border>
      <border>Overlook-Mississippi MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>318</smallx>
      <smally>178</smally>
      <largex>422</largex>
      <largey>228</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Swan Island</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>286</smallx>
      <smally>223</smally>
      <largex>380</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mississippi</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alberta Arts</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>381</smallx>
      <smally>246</smally>
      <largex>506</largex>
      <largey>318</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Columbia Slough</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Portland Airport</border>
      <border>Cascadia</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>425</smallx>
      <smally>141</smally>
      <largex>565</largex>
      <largey>178</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Portland Airport</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Columbia Slough</border>
      <border>Portland Airport MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>483</smallx>
      <smally>129</smally>
      <largex>643</largex>
      <largey>163</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Cascadia</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>551</smallx>
      <smally>184</smally>
      <largex>733</largex>
      <largey>236</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda MAX</border>
      <border>Hollywood</border>
      <border>NE Bike Path</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>534</smallx>
      <smally>244</smally>
      <largex>710</largex>
      <largey>316</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alberta Arts</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
      <border>Mississippi</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hollywood</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
      <border>Hollywood-Laurelhurst MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>543</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>722</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Irvington</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Fareless Zone MAX</border>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>407</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mt. Tabor</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Woodstock</border>
      <border>Hawthorne</border>
      <border>Laurelhurst</border>
      <border>Mt. Tabor MAX</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>601</smallx>
      <smally>406</smally>
      <largex>800</largex>
      <largey>532</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Laurelhurst</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Mt. Tabor</border>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>489</smallx>
      <smally>372</smally>
      <largex>650</largex>
      <largey>486</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hawthorne</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>508</smallx>
      <smally>413</smally>
      <largex>677</largex>
      <largey>542</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Woodstock</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>591</smallx>
      <smally>462</smally>
      <largex>786</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Clinton</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>527</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>701</largex>
      <largey>604</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Reed</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>OMSI</border>
      <border>SE Bike Path</border>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>429</smallx>
      <smally>444</smally>
      <largex>570</largex>
      <largey>583</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>OMSI</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>410</smallx>
      <smally>387</smally>
      <largex>545</largex>
      <largey>506</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Fareless Zone MAX</name>
   <borders>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>395</smallx>
      <smally>341</smally>
      <largex>525</largex>
      <largey>446</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>3</neutral>
   <bonus>-1</bonus>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Old Town-Pioneer MAX</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>301</smallx>
      <smally>342</smally>
      <largex>399</largex>
      <largey>448</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Beaverton MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>130</smallx>
      <smally>388</smally>
      <largex>171</largex>
      <largey>509</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hollywood-Laurelhurst MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>502</smallx>
      <smally>315</smally>
      <largex>668</largex>
      <largey>413</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mt. Tabor MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>594</smallx>
      <smally>328</smally>
      <largex>791</largex>
      <largey>429</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda MAX</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>587</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>781</largex>
      <largey>292</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Portland Airport MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>554</smallx>
      <smally>99</smally>
      <largex>737</largex>
      <largey>124</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Overlook-Mississippi MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>348</smallx>
      <smally>177</smally>
      <largex>462</largex>
      <largey>228</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Expo Center MAX</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>328</smallx>
      <smally>94</smally>
      <largex>436</largex>
      <largey>117</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>NW Bike Path</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>155</smallx>
      <smally>245</smally>
      <largex>208</largex>
      <largey>319</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral killer="yes">2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>SW Bike Path</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>PSU</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>332</smallx>
      <smally>442</smally>
      <largex>444</largex>
      <largey>581</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>SE Bike Path</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>466</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>623</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>NE Bike Path</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>476</smallx>
      <smally>273</smally>
      <largex>636</largex>
      <largey>356</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
</map>

That was surprisingly quick and easy! I used ChipV's awesome XML tool.

Please let me know if you see anything or if some coordinates look off.

Thanks!

Postby OliverFA on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 pm

[Adding XML stamp]

After checking the XML file, I am glad to confirm that everything in the code seems to be right.

In my personal opinion, the coordinates for the MAXes would look better if they were centered for the two digit numbers. But that's a personal taste opinion. So it's up to lostatlimbo to leave them as they are now or change them. I am ok with both choiced. Just let me know what you decide.

Congratulations lostatlimbo! =D>
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Very exciting!

Thanks Oliver. I've updated the MAX coordinates to be centered on both the large & small map.

<map>
<positions>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">University</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Alberta Arts</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Laurelhurst</territory>
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory start="3">Nob Hill</territory>
   </position>
</positions>
<continent>
   <name>NoPo</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NE</name>
   <bonus>8</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SE</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SW</name>
   <bonus>2</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NW</name>
   <bonus>3</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Downtown</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Microbrews</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
   <overrides>
   </overrides>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Blue MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Yellow MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Red MAX</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<territory>
   <name>Beaverton</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>127</smallx>
      <smally>453</smally>
      <largex>168</largex>
      <largey>595</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>219</smallx>
      <smally>456</smally>
      <largex>290</largex>
      <largey>598</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Marquam</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>330</smallx>
      <smally>464</smally>
      <largex>439</largex>
      <largey>609</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>PSU</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>305</smallx>
      <smally>415</smally>
      <largex>405</largex>
      <largey>544</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pioneer</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>333</smallx>
      <smally>386</smally>
      <largex>443</largex>
      <largey>505</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Old Town</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>340</smallx>
      <smally>353</smally>
      <largex>452</largex>
      <largey>461</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pearl</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>312</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>414</largex>
      <largey>406</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Nob Hill</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>254</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>337</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>252</smallx>
      <smally>393</smally>
      <largex>334</largex>
      <largey>514</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>196</smallx>
      <smally>351</smally>
      <largex>260</largex>
      <largey>459</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>124</smallx>
      <smally>347</smally>
      <largex>164</largex>
      <largey>453</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Forest Park</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>135</smallx>
      <smally>199</smally>
      <largex>179</largex>
      <largey>256</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>St. Johns</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>214</smallx>
      <smally>100</smally>
      <largex>284</largex>
      <largey>124</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>University</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>240</smallx>
      <smally>175</smally>
      <largex>319</largex>
      <largey>224</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Industrial</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>218</smallx>
      <smally>231</smally>
      <largex>289</largex>
      <largey>298</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Expo Center</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>301</smallx>
      <smally>113</smally>
      <largex>400</largex>
      <largey>141</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Overlook</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>318</smallx>
      <smally>178</smally>
      <largex>422</largex>
      <largey>228</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Swan Island</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>286</smallx>
      <smally>223</smally>
      <largex>380</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mississippi</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>381</smallx>
      <smally>246</smally>
      <largex>506</largex>
      <largey>318</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>425</smallx>
      <smally>141</smally>
      <largex>565</largex>
      <largey>178</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>483</smallx>
      <smally>129</smally>
      <largex>643</largex>
      <largey>163</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Cascadia</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>551</smallx>
      <smally>184</smally>
      <largex>733</largex>
      <largey>236</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>534</smallx>
      <smally>244</smally>
      <largex>710</largex>
      <largey>316</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hollywood</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>543</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>722</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Irvington</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>407</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mt. Tabor</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>601</smallx>
      <smally>406</smally>
      <largex>800</largex>
      <largey>532</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Laurelhurst</name>
   <borders>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>489</smallx>
      <smally>372</smally>
      <largex>650</largex>
      <largey>486</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hawthorne</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>508</smallx>
      <smally>413</smally>
      <largex>677</largex>
      <largey>542</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Woodstock</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>591</smallx>
      <smally>462</smally>
      <largex>786</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Clinton</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>527</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>701</largex>
      <largey>604</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Reed</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>OMSI</border>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>429</smallx>
      <smally>444</smally>
      <largex>570</largex>
      <largey>583</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>OMSI</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>410</smallx>
      <smally>387</smally>
      <largex>545</largex>
      <largey>506</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>396</smallx>
      <smally>341</smally>
      <largex>530</largex>
      <largey>447</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>3</neutral>
   <bonus>-1</bonus>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>302</smallx>
      <smally>342</smally>
      <largex>404</largex>
      <largey>449</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>131</smallx>
      <smally>388</smally>
      <largex>176</largex>
      <largey>510</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>504</smallx>
      <smally>315</smally>
      <largex>673</largex>
      <largey>413</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>596</smallx>
      <smally>328</smally>
      <largex>796</largex>
      <largey>430</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda MAX</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>588</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>786</largex>
      <largey>293</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>555</smallx>
      <smally>99</smally>
      <largex>742</largex>
      <largey>125</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>349</smallx>
      <smally>177</smally>
      <largex>467</largex>
      <largey>229</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>329</smallx>
      <smally>94</smally>
      <largex>441</largex>
      <largey>118</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>155</smallx>
      <smally>245</smally>
      <largex>208</largex>
      <largey>319</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>PSU</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>332</smallx>
      <smally>442</smally>
      <largex>444</largex>
      <largey>581</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>466</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>623</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>476</smallx>
      <smally>273</smally>
      <largex>636</largex>
      <largey>356</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
</map>

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:13 pm

I propose that the rose gardens be added to the starting positions, to make an even eight:
<map>
<positions>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
   <position>
   </position>
</positions>
<continent>
   <name>NoPo</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NE</name>
   <bonus>8</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SE</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>SW</name>
   <bonus>2</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>NW</name>
   <bonus>3</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Downtown</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Microbrews</name>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <bonus>5</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
   <overrides>
   </overrides>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Blue MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Yellow MAX</name>
   <bonus>4</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<continent>
   <name>Red MAX</name>
   <bonus>6</bonus>
   <components>
   </components>
</continent>
<territory>
   <name>Beaverton</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>127</smallx>
      <smally>453</smally>
      <largex>168</largex>
      <largey>595</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>219</smallx>
      <smally>456</smally>
      <largex>290</largex>
      <largey>598</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Marquam</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>330</smallx>
      <smally>464</smally>
      <largex>439</largex>
      <largey>609</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>PSU</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>305</smallx>
      <smally>415</smally>
      <largex>405</largex>
      <largey>544</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pioneer</name>
   <borders>
      <border>PSU</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>333</smallx>
      <smally>386</smally>
      <largex>443</largex>
      <largey>505</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Old Town</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>340</smallx>
      <smally>353</smally>
      <largex>452</largex>
      <largey>461</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Pearl</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>312</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>414</largex>
      <largey>406</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Nob Hill</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>254</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>337</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>252</smallx>
      <smally>393</smally>
      <largex>334</largex>
      <largey>514</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>196</smallx>
      <smally>351</smally>
      <largex>260</largex>
      <largey>459</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>2</neutral>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>124</smallx>
      <smally>347</smally>
      <largex>164</largex>
      <largey>453</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Forest Park</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>135</smallx>
      <smally>199</smally>
      <largex>179</largex>
      <largey>256</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>St. Johns</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>214</smallx>
      <smally>100</smally>
      <largex>284</largex>
      <largey>124</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>University</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>240</smallx>
      <smally>175</smally>
      <largex>319</largex>
      <largey>224</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Industrial</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>218</smallx>
      <smally>231</smally>
      <largex>289</largex>
      <largey>298</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Expo Center</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>301</smallx>
      <smally>113</smally>
      <largex>400</largex>
      <largey>141</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Overlook</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>318</smallx>
      <smally>178</smally>
      <largex>422</largex>
      <largey>228</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Swan Island</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>286</smallx>
      <smally>223</smally>
      <largex>380</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mississippi</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>381</smallx>
      <smally>246</smally>
      <largex>506</largex>
      <largey>318</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>425</smallx>
      <smally>141</smally>
      <largex>565</largex>
      <largey>178</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>483</smallx>
      <smally>129</smally>
      <largex>643</largex>
      <largey>163</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Cascadia</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>551</smallx>
      <smally>184</smally>
      <largex>733</largex>
      <largey>236</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>534</smallx>
      <smally>244</smally>
      <largex>710</largex>
      <largey>316</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>290</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hollywood</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>543</smallx>
      <smally>313</smally>
      <largex>722</largex>
      <largey>408</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Irvington</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Pearl</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>441</smallx>
      <smally>312</smally>
      <largex>587</largex>
      <largey>407</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Mt. Tabor</name>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>601</smallx>
      <smally>406</smally>
      <largex>800</largex>
      <largey>532</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Laurelhurst</name>
   <borders>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>489</smallx>
      <smally>372</smally>
      <largex>650</largex>
      <largey>486</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Hawthorne</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>508</smallx>
      <smally>413</smally>
      <largex>677</largex>
      <largey>542</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Woodstock</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>591</smallx>
      <smally>462</smally>
      <largex>786</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Clinton</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>527</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>701</largex>
      <largey>604</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Reed</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Clinton</border>
      <border>OMSI</border>
      <border>Marquam</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>429</smallx>
      <smally>444</smally>
      <largex>570</largex>
      <largey>583</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>OMSI</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>410</smallx>
      <smally>387</smally>
      <largex>545</largex>
      <largey>506</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>OMSI</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>396</smallx>
      <smally>341</smally>
      <largex>530</largex>
      <largey>447</largey>
   </coordinates>
   <neutral>3</neutral>
   <bonus>-1</bonus>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Pioneer</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>302</smallx>
      <smally>342</smally>
      <largex>404</largex>
      <largey>449</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>131</smallx>
      <smally>388</smally>
      <largex>176</largex>
      <largey>510</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>504</smallx>
      <smally>315</smally>
      <largex>673</largex>
      <largey>413</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>596</smallx>
      <smally>328</smally>
      <largex>796</largex>
      <largey>430</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <name>Alameda MAX</name>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>588</smallx>
      <smally>225</smally>
      <largex>786</largex>
      <largey>293</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>555</smallx>
      <smally>99</smally>
      <largex>742</largex>
      <largey>125</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>349</smallx>
      <smally>177</smally>
      <largex>467</largex>
      <largey>229</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>329</smallx>
      <smally>94</smally>
      <largex>441</largex>
      <largey>118</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>155</smallx>
      <smally>245</smally>
      <largex>208</largex>
      <largey>319</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Marquam</border>
      <border>PSU</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>332</smallx>
      <smally>442</smally>
      <largex>444</largex>
      <largey>581</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Reed</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>466</smallx>
      <smally>460</smally>
      <largex>623</largex>
      <largey>606</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
<territory>
   <borders>
      <border>Alameda</border>
   </borders>
   <coordinates>
      <smallx>476</smallx>
      <smally>273</smally>
      <largex>636</largex>
      <largey>356</largey>
   </coordinates>
</territory>
</map>

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I propose that the rose gardens be added to the starting positions, to make an even eight:
-Sully

I'm not opposed to that, as long as it does not adversely affect gameplay.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I propose that the rose gardens be added to the starting positions, to make an even eight:
-Sully

I'm not opposed to that, as long as it does not adversely affect gameplay.

On the contrary, I think it would improve! Less neutrals for larger games (since the microbrews would be set neutral, since there aren't enough starting positions for 5- through 8-player games.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas