Conquer Club

Peloponnesian War [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Peloponnesian War [Beta]

Postby MrBenn on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:07 am

qwert wrote:hmm, im thinking to change objectives,because now its very imposibile to achive these objectives

I think that's what some of us said a while ago :roll: ;)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Qwert on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 am

here what i think.I move Objectives Up(like Map Inset)and get need space for long explanation,also change order of shields and again get need space.
What you think of that.
Click image to enlarge.

if you ask,why i take Troadians for primarly Objectives,its very simple,because its enough far from other shields.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:35 pm

I think that the objective should be left as is.

One gameplay change I would like it to have Boetians be a neutral 2 instead of a neutral 6. This way, Persians will have 2 bordering provinces, rather than one bordering starting location, and 20 neutrals to Skyros, which is the other close starting location to Persia.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby danfrank on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:06 pm

oaktown wrote:
qwert wrote:I use war terminology,because sound much better then-"HOld 8 shield for one turn to win a game" i hope that you understand that.

How about "Control" instead of hold? It'd a military term, and is more accurate than "Capture." Many users still don't understand how Objectives work - and others will be new to the concept - so it doesn't hurt to get the description right.

In a team game "control" would not be an accurate description.. Since the team cannot hold or control the objective. only a single player of the team can. which makes the objective irrelevant in team games.. This is something that should be programmed into a team game.. It would make the game more exciting by adding multiple fronts and defensive positioning ](*,)
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Qwert on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:08 pm

by The Neon Peon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:35 pm

I think that the objective should be left as is.

One gameplay change I would like it to have Boetians be a neutral 2 instead of a neutral 6. This way, Persians will have 2 bordering provinces, rather than one bordering starting location, and 20 neutrals to Skyros, which is the other close starting location to Persia.

Im :? 20 neutral to Skyros?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Neutrals between Persians and Skyros:
2,2,2,2,6,6,2,2,2,2,2 = 30 total
Neutrals between Persians and Icaria:
2,2,2,2,6,3,2 = 19 total

I am proposing that Boeotians becomes a 2 neutral instead of a 6 neutral, so that there are less neutrals between Persians and Skyros.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Qwert on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:17 pm

by The Neon Peon » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Neutrals between Persians and Skyros:
2,2,2,2,6,6,2,2,2,2,2 = 30 total
Neutrals between Persians and Icaria:
2,2,2,2,6,3,2 = 19 total

I am proposing that Boeotians becomes a 2 neutral instead of a 6 neutral, so that there are less neutrals between Persians and Skyros.

oh i see consider done,
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby saaimen on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:52 pm

danfrank wrote:In a team game "control" would not be an accurate description.. Since the team cannot hold or control the objective. only a single player of the team can. which makes the objective irrelevant in team games.. This is something that should be programmed into a team game.. It would make the game more exciting by adding multiple fronts and defensive positioning ](*,)

Well, that still doesn't make 'capture' a better word, does it? The team aspect in no way influences the choice of the word, IMHO that is...
qwert wrote:waith,i have 8 shields,so probably need to be any 3 shields.

saamien
>Control Troadians and any 4 other shields to win the war<

i dont get that,i want to implement hold for one turn,and you now show me that no need for that?Any way >Control< and >Capture< have same number of letters and i dont see how these is short.
So mine propose is to change in these.
>Capture Troadians and any 3 other shield and hold for one turn to win a war<
Its these much clear and everybody will know what to do.
these will be put objectives to have some real purpose,i did know that before beta stage,and its good to have beta ,when can be fix some things.

We wanted to replace 'capture'. It could be replaced by hold, or by control. You didn't like 'hold', so I suggest you use 'control', unless there are other options.
It is shorter because you don't have to say "Capture... and hold for one turn": saying "Hold ..." or "Control ..." already implies that you have captured them.
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby Qwert on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:48 am

We wanted to replace 'capture'. It could be replaced by hold, or by control. You didn't like 'hold', so I suggest you use 'control', unless there are other options.
It is shorter because you don't have to say "Capture... and hold for one turn": saying "Hold ..." or "Control ..." already implies that you have captured them.

You realy want to complicated situation. When i say,that i want to add HOLD FOR ONE TURN to help people to understand how objective work,you suddenly explaning to me that word CONTROL have meaning in people brain"these is word who means that you need to hold these -number of shields- for one turn and you will win a game".Well call me crazzy but if im new player i will definitly dont think on that way. Any way i will implement these what i have in mind,because its totaly clear explane how objectives work on these map
Capture Troadians and any 3 Shields and hold for one turn to win a war

Im all ready experiment on bonus box and im manage to implement these on map.
If these mine are not logical and yours is logical,then im not make mistake,why im prepare to leave map foundry,after im implement these thing in Peloponnesian war.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 am

i can't understand where's the problem:

rules:
Some maps have objectives which you must conquer and hold for one round to win the game.

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions6

it's obviously you have to hold them for a turn....
so capture them is what you have to do.

TNBDS
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby neanderpaul14 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:13 pm

If you implement the

goal for this map, then whoever starts with Lemnians begins with a distinct advantage.
If you were to change it how about any 4 shields??
I really see little chance of anyone ever getting all 8 of them.

However I do love this map
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Qwert on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:39 pm

If you implement the

goal for this map, then whoever starts with Lemnians begins with a distinct advantage.
If you were to change it how about any 4 shields??
I really see little chance of anyone ever getting all 8 of them.

However I do love this map

No he dont have any advantage,because need to hold 3 more shields.
Holding any 4 shields give advantage to everybody who take peninsula,because there you all ready have 4 shields.
If you start in Lemnians,you have same chances like all others,because Troadians dont worth if you dont have 3 more,and player who take peninsula can not win if not take Troadians also.
These idea to Troadians be importan in all combination,give everybody chance for win.
Now im only need to figure how these will go in XML code.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby isex on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:19 pm

I love all your other maps and am currently playing the beta for this one. I thought you might be interested to know that I have noticed spelling mistakes! Fortunately for you I don't mind helping you correct them as I am (half) Greek :D

Firstly I'm not sure if it is just the limitation of the font you are using, however you have used zetas where you want to be using the letter sigma when there is supposed to be a sigma at the end of a word. I see how you may have gotten them confused as the look quite similar, however the zeta is taller and slightly differently shaped, see wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_greek.

Also, because I am feeling particularly pedantic, I'd like to point out that the Greek writing should have accents, but you have omitted them all. I don't know if you have done this to keep the map less cluttered, but just letting you know ;)

Keep up the good work, as I'm looking forward to the finished article!
Colonel isex

Postby Carnifex on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Troadians aren't that far from Lydians and Erythraens. Troadians is about three provinces and ten neutrals away from two shields which gives either the Lemnians or the Skyros player a big advantage. Macedonians seem furthest away from other shields, though they if they Southern Greece in one swoop then they can win.

While I would prefer the current objective of all shields, if you're set on changing it then I suggest making it "Hold any Six Shields".
Corporal 1st Class Carnifex

Postby Qwert on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 am

by isex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:19 am

I love all your other maps and am currently playing the beta for this one. I thought you might be interested to know that I have noticed spelling mistakes! Fortunately for you I don't mind helping you correct them as I am (half) Greek

Firstly I'm not sure if it is just the limitation of the font you are using, however you have used zetas where you want to be using the letter sigma when there is supposed to be a sigma at the end of a word. I see how you may have gotten them confused as the look quite similar, however the zeta is taller and slightly differently shaped, see wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_greek.

Also, because I am feeling particularly pedantic, I'd like to point out that the Greek writing should have accents, but you have omitted them all. I don't know if you have done this to keep the map less cluttered, but just letting you know

Keep up the good work, as I'm looking forward to the finished article!

Maybe to give me some more info, what names,and what is correct.

by Carnifex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 am

Troadians aren't that far from Lydians and Erythraens. Troadians is about three provinces and ten neutrals away from two shields which gives either the Lemnians or the Skyros player a big advantage. Macedonians seem furthest away from other shields, though they if they Southern Greece in one swoop then they can win.

While I would prefer the current objective of all shields, if you're set on changing it then I suggest making it "Hold any Six Shields".

Hmm,where you find that Skyros player have big advantage? Skyros is to away from Troadians.Icaria and Pontus is much closer. I dont understand why you present that players in Persians,Dardanians,Pontus,Icaria will only watch what these player in Lemnians play, do you dont think that they will fight to? I play many games and i must say that nobody have advantage, because almost everybody have 2 enemies, and you must play carefull,because if you attack one opponent in south,then opponent in north can supprise you and take your homeland. I realy dont see any logical thing who will give big advantage to Lemnians or Skyrians if i implement these changes of Gameplay.
Hold any 6 shields,its again can give advantage to player who take peninsual.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iambligh on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I love the map! Just one suggestion -- the neutrals are pretty tough on the eyes while playing. Maybe if they could be set against a darker field with no 'circles' or lines...
Sergeant 1st Class iambligh

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:42 pm

here are finish new objectives,who will give more power to shields.
Now i need to figure what to do to upload these.
xml
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/25 ... ective.xml

small
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z188 ... ewobje.png

large
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z188 ... ewobje.png
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Lackattack not availabile?

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Wow,i just want to send messages to lack,to see how will going procedures,when i want to upload new gameplay objectives,and then sudenly i realised that Lack create new block features,who will not alove any send messages to hem? How can i contact with hem?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Lackattack not availabile?

Postby Natewolfman on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:00 pm

qwert wrote:Wow,i just want to send messages to lack,to see how will going procedures,when i want to upload new gameplay objectives,and then sudenly i realised that Lack create new block features,who will not alove any send messages to hem? How can i contact with hem?

I cannot speak for lack, but myself and most all other mods are always available to take PM's, as well as other administrators :) and as always if its something that requires the immediate attention of lack himself, or another admin such as hyasri, Optimus Prime, or King Achilles we can get in contact with who best suits your question and/or comment :)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Re: Lackattack not availabile?

Postby MrBenn on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:59 pm

qwert, presumably this is about some updated XML for Peloponnesian War?

i've seen that you've posted the links in the map thread - has the XML been checked by anybody else? As the map is already in live play, it would make sense for somebody else to check it over...

Once it's been double-checked, let one of the CAs know, and we'll get it sorted for you ;-)

PS.. [merged] with your map thread.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Qwert on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 am

by MrBenn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:59 pm

qwert, presumably this is about some updated XML for Peloponnesian War?

i've seen that you've posted the links in the map thread - has the XML been checked by anybody else? As the map is already in live play, it would make sense for somebody else to check it over...

Once it's been double-checked, let one of the CAs know, and we'll get it sorted for you

PS.. [merged] with your map thread.

Not just XML,i need to upload new images,and you can take what i posted and checked if you want,i dont understand why for every things need to create unnesessary problems.
You caused me problems when you drag me for one monts and contantly repeating that these gameplay is bad,and that not going to work,and now i dont get any complaining abouth that, now do you want another month to check what i change in image in xml?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrBenn on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:06 pm

qwert wrote:You caused me problems when you drag me for one monts and contantly repeating that these gameplay is bad,and that not going to work,and now i dont get any complaining abouth that...

So why exactly are you making changes to the gameplay?

The reason I have asked for you to make sure the XML (and images) are double-checked, are that the map is already in Live Play, and that all active games on the map will be affected when the new files are uploaded.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Qwert on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm

So why exactly are you making changes to the gameplay?

The reason I have asked for you to make sure the XML (and images) are double-checked, are that the map is already in Live Play, and that all active games on the map will be affected when the new files are uploaded.

If only you want carefully to read what im wrote in previous,you will understand.
First-i want to change objectives,to have more purpose.
Second- i want to upload new xml,and images with objectives changes,and that why i try to contact lack,to tell me how these procedures go,it will be same like Dass Schloss(waiting to all present game finish and then upload new changes),ofcourse map will be locked for new games. Im all ready ask to Natewolfman to contact lack,because i can not contact lack.
I repeat nobody will afected,and all now present games will be much faster finish then Dass Schloss,because dass schloss have noattack territoriess.
You have new XML,new images,and if you want to check,take and check,everybody can take xml and check.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby saaimen on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 pm

qwert wrote:Second- i want to upload new xml,and images with objectives changes,and that why i try to contact lack,to tell me how these procedures go,it will be same like Dass Schloss(waiting to all present game finish and then upload new changes),ofcourse map will be locked for new games. Im all ready ask to Natewolfman to contact lack,because i can not contact lack.
I repeat nobody will afected,and all now present games will be much faster finish then Dass Schloss,because dass schloss have noattack territoriess.
You have new XML,new images,and if you want to check,take and check,everybody can take xml and check.

MrBenn suggests the changes go live right away, without having to lock the map for some time. They can change the map and XML at any moment if they want.
But they only want to avoid uploading a faulty XML when games are being played at that time.
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby Qwert on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:12 pm

MrBenn suggests the changes go live right away, without having to lock the map for some time. They can change the map and XML at any moment if they want.
But they only want to avoid uploading a faulty XML when games are being played at that time.

I check XMl, and checker say OK,ofcourse if someon want to check xml,he can very easy to check.
I belive that its not good to upload right away,because new gameplay objectives can change very drasticaly some games.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas