Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Chaos Map

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:00 am

Well, it looks nice enough. Adding some texture on that land area might make it even better IMO.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:11 am

natty_dread wrote:Well, it looks nice enough. Adding some texture on that land area might make it even better IMO.

Yep Thanks. But the artwork i used on the idea will all be gone, i am getting tips from some on CC for making a decent looking map. Some are great tips and are helping me a lot, hopefully i can get some artwork on the new version that will be a lot better looking then i have done so far. Hopefully the game play on this map will be accepted by the majority following this map.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 am

edwinissweet wrote:Im a Huge AOM2 fan, so here is my suggestion.

No mans land can be turned into a awesome-evil looking castle. Ofcourse, you cant have an evil castle without the king, so we throw lack in there and he can be the evil king. The clans around what is now no mans land can be the kings guard. The object of the game could be to over throw the king, but you cant over throw the king alone, so to be able to make an assult on the king, you should have to hold 2 clans.

Sorry, might be confusing, I understand you have something going there already, but since its early it might still catch someones attention, and possibly elaborate on it :D

you mean AOR2

we are in the process of redesigning the map, it will still be feudal epic style like with twists.
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:30 am

Click image to enlarge.

What do people think about where the placements of the 8 castles (for the 8 minor clans) should be? And what about the layout for No Mans Land? Also what do you think about many portals connecting to NM land? or should we only have 1 going to NM land? Please give us feedback on this.

My eyes are red as i have only been able to work on this map in the evenings, and i gotta make a 7 hour drive tomorrow. So hopefully i will get some time to sit down and work more on the impassables, i was thinking of putting in mountain ranges and lakes and stuff like that when i get the time.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:35 am

eachother -> each other

;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 am

natty_dread wrote:eachother -> each other

;)

Oh Brother! :lol:

Thanks natty! Changed, saved and ready to be put out on next map update :ugeek:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:39 am

grifftron wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

What do people think about where the placements of the 8 castles (for the 8 minor clans) should be? And what about the layout for No Mans Land? Also what do you think about many portals connecting to NM land? or should we only have 1 going to NM land? Please give us feedback on this.

My eyes are red as i have only been able to work on this map in the evenings, and i gotta make a 7 hour drive tomorrow. So hopefully i will get some time to sit down and work more on the impassables, i was thinking of putting in mountain ranges and lakes and stuff like that when i get the time.

-griff

It is a little hard to read, anyway we can lighten it up some?
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Blitzaholic wrote:
grifftron wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

-griff

It is a little hard to read, anyway we can lighten it up some?

Yep done. Will be out on next update of map.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Clandamonium

Postby grifftron on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 am

grifftron wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:another neutral in between thota 6 and bss 5 would be nice, you could have like another clan castle there with a neutral of 10 or something and name EE or BpB. I just think there should be a little space in between each of the main 8 clans before they fight. it will make the game last longer if you do so.

=D> =D> =D>

Blitz had this brilliant idea, hope others like it, what if we put the 8 minor clan castles with a high neutral on each in between each clan on those bottle necks? That way clans would have to go threw their portals to attack other clans or get to NM land, unless they wanted to break down the castles (kinda like in Feudal)... wait....... 8-[

Anyways what do people think?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 am

Ok, I like it!
Know you’re going somewhere, graphically its becoming much more appealing.

Just a couple of thoughts:

-It seems that the Pinnacle should have a more important role in the great scheme of things... not just those +4 a/d. What if you could bombard all drop points from there... What if it was part of some Victory condition like: Own the Pinnacle and 4 Drop points to win the game.

-those region numbers, should respect a more logical order.....and, If you have a region called Thota Stables, shouldn’t the region adjacent to it be the (number) 1?

-do you really need to add those Clan Castles?......
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 am

grifftron wrote:
grifftron wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:another neutral in between thota 6 and bss 5 would be nice, you could have like another clan castle there with a neutral of 10 or something and name EE or BpB. I just think there should be a little space in between each of the main 8 clans before they fight. it will make the game last longer if you do so.

=D> =D> =D>

Blitz had this brilliant idea, hope others like it, what if we put the 8 minor clan castles with a high neutral on each in between each clan on those bottle necks? That way clans would have to go threw their portals to attack other clans or get to NM land, unless they wanted to break down the castles (kinda like in Feudal)... wait....... 8-[

it makes sense to have some kind of buffer between those Clan Drop Points..... It could be those Castles I suppose.
Major Kabanellas

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

grifftron wrote:
grifftron wrote:

=D> =D> =D>

thanks, I am glad you liked that idea of mine, makes me feel better about some of my contributions ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 am

Kabanellas wrote:
Just a couple of thoughts:

-It seems that the Pinnacle should have a more important role in the great scheme of things... not just those +4 a/d. What if you could bombard all drop points from there... What if it was part of some Victory condition like: Own the Pinnacle and 4 Drop points to win the game.

-those region numbers, should respect a more logical order.....and, If you have a region called Thota Stables, shouldn’t the region adjacent to it be the (number) 1?

-do you really need to add those Clan Castles?......

I think you have some good ideas here Kabanellas, we also may need some assistance on the pinnacle borders, any ideas there? The clan castles were to have more clans on the map, there will be 8 main clans with starting points, but 16 clan names on the map. Are you suggesting if someone owns pinnacle they could bombard all starting points? If that is the case, we may need to have more neutrals on pinnacle? Not sure on the victory condition if you own pinnacle and 4 drop points, especially if you could bombard them, but, I will remain open.

Kabanellas wrote:Ok, I like it!
Know you’re going somewhere, graphically its becoming much more appealing.

This means a lot coming form you, thank you m8. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 am

Kabanellas wrote:
grifftron wrote:
grifftron wrote:

=D> =D> =D>

it makes sense to have some kind of buffer between those Clan Drop Points..... It could be those Castles I suppose.

yes, that is exactly what I was suggesting and thinking myself.

we need help maybe on forming borders for pinnacle if you have some ideas?
General Blitzaholic

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm

A few text alterations are needed.

'DEPLOYED' rather than 'DELPOYED'

'EACH OTHER' rather than 'EACHOTHER'

and possibly a revision to the main body of text

'CC's' looks better than 'CC'S' even when using upper case throughout the text.

Also the word 'chaos' could be removed now that the map has been renamed Clandamonium (no longer Clan Chaos) as it looks rather out of context when you read it now (i.e. it's no longer 'The Battle of Chaos', so that portion could be removed)

Minor things, but all improvements nevertheless :D
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Tisha on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:47 pm

the layout is looking a lot better than the previous version.. definitely lighten it up a bit, as blitz suggested.
Major Tisha

Postby hiddendragon on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:17 pm

In my opinion the clan castles should get +2 or +3 and the drop points shouldn't get a + but should instead be allowed bombardment privileges...this is just an opinion and it doesn't mean I don't like the map as is =D>
Sergeant 1st Class hiddendragon

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Shouldn't it be 'Clandemonium' (with an 'e') being as it's a play on the word 'pandemonium'?
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:22 am

Yes! Thanks for the great comments (and all positive ones too that we like :lol: )

Lots of spelling errors i am sure as i was working on that in the hours of the night, I will try to get more work done on the map and get it updated, but the wife yelled at me for working too much on the comp :-$ (I am sure those with spouses know what im talking about!) Anyways, give me some time to get a new update of the map for you guys, but the next one will hopefully have all boarders done and more of a solid game play. I like some of the ideas mentioned, keep posting ideas so we can have this map have an awesome game play that all will enjoy.

Castles can go up in auto deployment if people think its a better idea, we were thinking of having them start off as +10 neutrals and maybe they could be a +3 auto deployment? and what about No Mans Land? does everyone like the own 2 get a +4 bonus ? We need help on NM land ideas and also with a layout for NM land.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 am

hiddendragon wrote:In my opinion the clan castles should get +2 or +3 and the drop points shouldn't get a + but should instead be allowed bombardment privileges...this is just an opinion and it doesn't mean I don't like the map as is =D>

What if they had bombardment privs to bombard their own territories and a +?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Shouldn't it be 'Clandemonium' (with an 'e') being as it's a play on the word 'pandemonium'?

Blitz will have to answer this one...
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:31 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:A few text alterations are needed.

'DEPLOYED' rather than 'DELPOYED'

'EACH OTHER' rather than 'EACHOTHER'

and possibly a revision to the main body of text

'CC's' looks better than 'CC'S' even when using upper case throughout the text.

Also the word 'chaos' could be removed now that the map has been renamed Clandamonium (no longer Clan Chaos) as it looks rather out of context when you read it now (i.e. it's no longer 'The Battle of Chaos', so that portion could be removed)

Minor things, but all improvements nevertheless :D

Sorry for all the posts, but i am using a weird Desktop and the hotel i am at instead of my laptop. Anyways I seen someone post that we do a revision of the main body of text before this post, what do you think Blitz? could we get another story written? similar but maybe shorter?

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 am

The more I look at it the more I think that Pinnacle should bombard all Drop Points. It should start with a higher number of neutral troops though.....

Achievable victory conditions (which rarely happen) could bring some inspiring moments to the battles in this map. I would stick to this idea – some Drop Points + Pinnacle to win.

As for the Clan castles, they should be 8 right? They could be in each border region dividing Clans territories.

The regions within no man’s land.. hummm I wouldn’t divide it that much.... probably those 3 portal regions bordering 2 inner regions that border the Pinnacle. Btw, I would invest some time on a better looking Pinnacle :) - a Tower maybe......
Major Kabanellas

Postby happy2seeyou on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm

The new map looks like an Uterus or small intestines. Anyone else?
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby jammyjames on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:15 pm

huge change from the old map!!

i really like it though blitz + Griff... keep it going guys.

:D
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas